Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck at low mastery level despite max leveling warframes, weapons, etc.

(NSW)RedTara

I know you probably know this, but just for helpfulness sake, remember that each weapon and Warframe only count to your mastery rank experience once. So if you forma a weapon or frame and level it again, it doesn’t count toward the mastery again. 

Hope that helps. 

Our team took a look at your account and noticed that you've only been using Rank 30 weapons recently. If your Warframe or weapon is already Rank 30, you won't gain any more Affinity from that Warframe or weapon. When you Forma a Warframe or weapon, increasing that item from 0 to 30 a second time also won't increase your Affinity.

Please keep in mind that you'll also require more Affinity per Rank as you increase your Mastery Rank, so you won't level up as quickly each time. I recommend purchasing or building new Warframes and weapons and leveling them all up to 30 - you'll need to level a few before you achieve the next Mastery Rank!

You can learn more about levelling weapons here! https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Our team took a look at your account and noticed that you've only been using Rank 30 weapons recently. If your Warframe or weapon is already Rank 30, you won't gain any more Affinity from that Warframe or weapon. When you Forma a Warframe or weapon, increasing that item from 0 to 30 a second time also won't increase your Affinity.

Please keep in mind that you'll also require more Affinity per Rank as you increase your Mastery Rank, so you won't level up as quickly each time. I recommend purchasing or building new Warframes and weapons and leveling them all up to 30 - you'll need to level a few before you achieve the next Mastery Rank!

You can learn more about levelling weapons here! https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons

Hi Helen—I've leveled multiple weapons and frames to level 30, but my profile affinity has barely moved. That's the problem!

3 minutes ago, (NSW)RedTara said:

Hi Helen—I've leveled multiple weapons and frames to level 30, but my profile affinity has barely moved. That's the problem!

Are you claiming to have earned less than the listed amount of mastery (200 per affinity rank for warframes/companions/vehicles, 100 per rank for weapons*)?

Did you compare the "Mastery until next rank" value before and after a level (during which you gained enough affinity to gain at least one new rank on something)?

You can also double-check if you've somehow missed out on mastery by tallying up the ranks on all your stuff (under Profile -> Equipment), multiplying with the appropriate mastery value (listed above), and comparing the value you get with the ones found here (specifically the "Total XP Required" column).

*) Modular weapons only award mastery after they've been gilded, and only for a specific kind of part (strike for zaws, chamber for kitguns, and prism for amps).

23 minutes ago, (NSW)RedTara said:

Are you leveling the same stuff multiple times? Either by forma or rebuilding?

Each item only gets counted once. 

Every warframe you level gives you 6000 mastery points, pets/sentinels/moas (companions) give 6000 also as well as archwings. Weapons give you 3000 mastery points tho zaws and kitguns need to be guilded, same as amps (dont google it if you dont know what it is, spoilers).
You can level each weapon/warframe only once from 0 to 30 to get mastery points. Leveling forma'd stuff doesn't give you more points towards the mastery.

Edited by Error989

I do feel like there's either a huge jump in exp required for Mastery 6 or that's just the point at which both of us hit a lot of level 30 frames/weapons (and stubbornly refuse to change in my case :D). MR1-5 were a breeze, took me a week or two, but MR6 took me like three or four months to get to.

Hang in there is my only advice. Craft some of the weapons you got from quests, level them as much as you can stand, and sell them if you don't like it. Try out some new companions. Get a new Frame or two.

Hi there... as already mentioned before:

1. you cannot gain XP from the same equipment twice (either by forma or by erasing and rebuilding).

2. your needed XP points to the next level is always more than the last by 5000XP points. What that means?

a) from MR0 to MR1 you need 2500XP barely a weapon (each weapon gives 3000XP)

b) from MR1 to MR2 you need 2500XP + 5000XP = 7500XP (more than 2 weapons, or a warframe and a weapon)

c) from MR2 to MR3 you need 7500XP + 5000XP = 12500XP (more than 4 weapons or 2 warframes and a weapon)

d) MR4 = 17500XP, MR5 = 22500XP, MR6 = 27500XP etc you realize that every new mastery requires from you to fully level (lvl30) more stuff.

You can check the table at https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank see the "spoiler" table at Mastery Rank Allocations (press: View Mastery Rank List)

to reach the test for MR6 you need to have a total of 90000XP points so if you check your profile you will see how many points you have by now and how many you need to be able to take the test for the next mastery.

Edited by (PS4)Nek_Food

9 hours ago, Error989 said:

Every warframe you level gives you 6000 mastery points, pets/sentinels/moas (companions) give 6000 also as well as archwings. Weapons give you 3000 mastery points tho zaws and kitguns need to be guilded, same as amps (dont google it if you dont know what it is, spoilers).
You can level each weapon/warframe only once from 0 to 30 to get mastery points. Leveling forma'd stuff doesn't give you more points towards the mastery.Every warframe you level gives you 6000 mastery points, pets/sentinels/moas (companions) give 6000 also as well as archwings. Weapons give you 3000 mastery points tho zaws and kitguns need to be guilded, same as amps (dont google it if you dont know what it is, spoilers).
You can level each weapon/warframe only once from 0 to 30 to get mastery points. Leveling forma'd stuff doesn't give you more points towards the mastery.

Your nickname suits your comment very well 😄

On 2019-05-15 at 1:47 PM, Quarterdane said:

Are you claiming to have earned less than the listed amount of mastery (200 per affinity rank for warframes/companions/vehicles, 100 per rank for weapons*)?

Did you compare the "Mastery until next rank" value before and after a level (during which you gained enough affinity to gain at least one new rank on something)?

You can also double-check if you've somehow missed out on mastery by tallying up the ranks on all your stuff (under Profile -> Equipment), multiplying with the appropriate mastery value (listed above), and comparing the value you get with the ones found here (specifically the "Total XP Required" column).

*) Modular weapons only award mastery after they've been gilded, and only for a specific kind of part (strike for zaws, chamber for kitguns, and prism for amps).

Yes, I'm earning less than the listed amount of mastery. I'm not counting forma use—this is happening when leveling up new warframes and weapons.

I'm started at master rank 6 and am still at mastery rank 6 despite having:

• Leveled a NEW (no forma) warframe from 1 to 30 (Rhino)
  • Leveled Dex Sybaris from 1 to 30
  • Leveled a Heat Dagger from 1 to 29
  • Leveled a Battacor from ~12 to 30
  • Leveled a Hek from 1 to 13
  • Leveled a Dex Dakra from to 4

Am I missing something?

On 2019-05-16 at 12:23 AM, (PS4)Nek_Food said:

You can check the table at https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank see the "spoiler" table at Mastery Rank Allocations (press: View Mastery Rank List)

to reach the test for MR6 you need to have a total of 90000XP points so if you check your profile you will see how many points you have by now and how many you need to be able to take the test for the next mastery.

I have 111, 815 points and believe I'm stuck at MR6, despite leveling up a number of weapons and a warframe.

1 hour ago, (NSW)RedTara said:

Am I missing something?

To confirm, you had not previously leveled said equipment (i.e. you didn't max-rank Rhino and then build another Rhino to level)?

1 hour ago, (NSW)RedTara said:

I have 111, 815 points and believe I'm stuck at MR6, despite leveling up a number of weapons and a warframe.

You need a total of 122,500 mastery to reach MR7.
The amount of mastery required to get from MR6 to MR7 alone (32,500) is around the same as what you'd get from ranking 11 entirely new weapons (for your profile) from 0 to 30.

Edited by Quarterdane

23 minutes ago, (NSW)RedTara said:

Yes, I'm earning less than the listed amount of mastery. I'm not counting forma use—this is happening when leveling up new warframes and weapons.

I'm started at master rank 6 and am still at mastery rank 6 despite having:

• Leveled a NEW (no forma) warframe from 1 to 30 (Rhino)
  • Leveled Dex Sybaris from 1 to 30
  • Leveled a Heat Dagger from 1 to 29
  • Leveled a Battacor from ~12 to 30
  • Leveled a Hek from 1 to 13
  • Leveled a Dex Dakra from to 4

Am I missing something?

jumping from MR5 to MR6 requires 27,500 mastery points

everything you have listed here totals 15,400

As Quarterdane already said, you need a total of 122,500 mastery points to reach MR7.

Check your profile (options - profile, or on squad list your icon: show profile), you will see that you have as you said: 111,815 and under it you have a bar (half full perhaps) with an note under it saying:

Next Rank: (Disciple) in 10,685

(122,500 needed for MR7 - 111,815 you currently have).

Have patience... every time you hit a MR you gonna need more and more equipment to reach the next one...