Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sap Comba Fog Scrambus powers still permanently disabling Ivara's cloak arrow on sentinel companions, even after when the effect was supposed to wear off

BlindStalker

Update 2: issue seems to be fixed as of Scarlet Spear: 27.3.11

22 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Scrambus nullifications being permanent on friendly AI.

Update - main bug specific to Ivara's cloak arrow and Sap Comba moved to top of this OP: Sap Comba bug still occurs on specifically Ivara's cloak arrows, please watch video to actually understand that Ivara loses the ability to cloak sentinels permanently when it's only supposed to be a temporary effect. See

1. The Sap Comba Fog Scrambus: (Still needs to be fixed) If the sap scrambus uses his nullification aura on Ivara and disables her quiver ability, then Ivara will no longer be able to cloak her companions, both sentinels and pets. NOTE I don't mean temporarily, I mean it bugs out and becomes a permanent effect on cloak arrow. watch bug video for full explanation.. For obvious reasons, the Sap Comba's nullification aura effect is only temporarily supposed to affect your Warframe's powers. In Ivara's case, she loses the ability to cloak her sentinels/pets completely after the nullification aura has worn off. Please fix.

- This bug, I know for a fact has been around since Fortuna was first released. So this is months old by now and I haven't had time to make a report until now. You can see that once hit by the nully aura, Ivara can no longer cloak her sentinel companion. Not necessairly same bug, but I suspect it's related to the bug, or at least the coding of how sentinels are cloaked by the cloak arrow. To be fair, there's a larger issue as well with the cloak arrow where there is still a massive 3 or 5 second delay before enemies stop shooting as cloaked allies/allied NPC, at its last known position. It would be nice to get this fixed so that cloak arrow functions better with having no delay. But first getting the Sap Scrambus fixed on Ivara's cloak arrow would be appreciated.

(Note, the rest of this original bug report is being kept below for posterity reasons. But for the most part, these issues below have been fixed in Update 25.7.0 - "Fixed Ghouls, Ratel, and Wolf of Saturn Six targeting your Sentinel when it and you are both invisible (eg: Ivara's Prowl, Loki’s Invisibility, etc.).". With the exception of the bug specific to Ivara's cloak arrow and Sap comba enemies, listed above, still not being fixed).

This is a very subtle and difficult bug that I've spent weeks trying to detect/test and cobble video recordings together. I'm guessing it's been around for months (or maybe years, given one of the enemies on this list).

The bug: Cloaking abilities from stealth frames are not working properly on companions (both sentinels and pets). Certain enemies can visibly see the cloaked companion and as a result, will directly try to attack the companion and indirectly also attack the stealth frame as well due to crossfire. This bug is showing up on all stealth frames (Ivara, Loki, Ash, Octavia). Something is bugged with cloaking not fully working on the companion from stealth frame abilities. I will highlight the enemies where this bug shows up below (perhaps there are more enemies, but these ones I've discovered and recorded several minutes of footage just to confirm through testing and my own sanity). Videos show both testing with sentinels/pets equipped, and having them unequipped to demonstrate the differences of the bug occurring in action with different enemies.

2. Grineer Ghouls: The Ghouls in general. Though particularly the ghoul auger tipped me off completely to investigate this bug. But other ghoul enemies as well such as the Ghoul Rictus and Expired also display this behaviour of trying to attack a cloaked sentinel. This one I spent showing it occurring with all stealth frames (Further details, notes and 4 videos in spoiler below).

Spoiler

- Ghoul Augers are used for test to highlight the bug. Ivara, Loki, Ash, Octavia are all switched between, both with and without sentinel equipped to demonstrate that the ghouls are indeed infact attacking a cloaked sentinel:

- earlier test video with Ivara (when I had a sentinel equipped) to again highlight ghouls attacking sentinel:

- Other test video to show Ivara NOT equipped with a sentinel - again to highlight it's due to companion not being properly cloaked by stealth frame abilities

- Just another test video I recorded, though more for interest. I found out that Ivara's sleep arrows reset ghoul awareness of the bugged cloaked sentinel.

3. The Wolf of Saturn Six: He is of particular interest because we’ve had several inconsistent bug reports from various players highlighting this issue with stealth frames being attacked by the wolf and I finally realized it was due to this bug (Loki and Ivara players kept bug reporting this happening with Wolf which made me investigate for these inconsistencies). Of course the Wolf is of major interest since nightwave changes, so I wanted to highlight this bug with Wolf greatly too. There is an important side note that I want to mention (which probably explains why we had inconsistent reports from Ivara and Loki players about wolf attacking them). During testing I determined that if you have a sentinel companion equipped and you cloak before Wolf spawns, he shouldn't be bugged and won't attack you. However, if you decloak infront him (with a sentinel equipped) and then recloak, then he'll come after you (specifically the sentinel, not your stealth frame). With pets, it seemed it the same case, though last video I recorded, he just seemed fully aware of where my pet was. Again, this bug is complex. (Further details, notes and 5 videos in spoiler below). 

Spoiler

- I have sentinel carrier equipped. I purposely decloak infront of Wolf to get his attention. Then I purposely recloak again and the bug presents itself and the Wolf continues to chase and attack my sentinel carrier (which indirectly causes him to also attack my stealth frame in the same process).

- For these next 3 videos, I purposely do NOT equip a sentinel companion to double check that the Wolf genuinely can't see stealth frames and won't attack them. I purposely decloak and recloak again infront of Wolf. I confirm that this is infact the case. Although I didn't realize until after testing that Wolf is actually now aggressive to enemy corpus (I was playing on Pavlov, Lua, which has corpus units), so while at times he did seem to attack my stealth frame, he was actually going after the corpus units within the area (I just happened to get caught in the crossfire and did not have situational awareness at the time).

- For this final test video, I equip my pet kavat (Artemis) to also double check on pets as well. Same situation occurs with sentinel, as with pet and bug occurs. Wolf goes after my pet Artemis (though it seemed he was fully aware of where my pet Artemis was the instant he spawned in - but again, its all bugged)

4. Lephantis: Lephantis has been bugged for years. We've known for a long time, that Lephantis has been bugged and could target stealth frames and know their exact position, even though he isn’t supposed to. We again, think it’s due to this companion stealth frame cloaked bug where the enemy is seeing where our sentinel is and indirectly causing our stealth frame to get caught in Lephantis' crossfire. (Further details, notes and 3 videos in spoiler below).

Spoiler

- Originally I didn't intend to use this footage as bug reporting for Lephantis, but I realized it also highlights the bug in action too. I have previously reported on Lephantis being bugged and being able to see stealth frames, but now I believe it's actually this bug that caused Lephantis' unusual behaviour. He's targeting the companion instead of the stealth frame. Skip to 2:09 in the first video where you can see Lephantis targeting the bugged cloaked companion (and indirectly attacking Ivara as a result too).

- Here is video with Ivara equipped with my pet kavat (Artemis) again. Again Lephantis targets Artemis when she is fully cloaked. Skip to 2:49 in the video to see a direct example of the bug in action. 

- And then final comparison video where I have no companion equipped with Ivara. And this is where Lephantis functions properly, he won't target Ivara at all.

4. Ratels: deployed by the corpus sniper crewman. These guys helped clue me in and made it more obvious that something was definitely bugged in the code between stealth frame cloaking and companions. It's double aggravating as an Ivara player because Ratels attacking the sentinel while I am cloaked is causing chip damage to Ivara's energy pool (since their attack is a tiny AoE that will also hit Ivara while they're attacking the sentinel). Of course they also attack an invisible pet too. (Further details, notes and 1 video in spoiler below).

Spoiler

- One video with Ivara. I equip sentinel, then pet, then no companion. If you stand beside ratels or your pet is surrounded by ratels, they will visibly attack them. I equip the companions first to highlight this, then unequip them to show that the ratels are not supposed to be attacking them.

5. Nox - quick testing in simulacrum determined that he was positive for this bug too. Will record video footage later.

This took some time for me to detect this bug and I get the feeling it will be complex to fix. I don't understand why it's isolated to only certain enemies having this issue/interaction with stealth frames and companions, but hopefully this bug report has highlighted its visiblity to the development team. Perhaps there are more enemies associated with this bug? DE, please some sort of reply that this bug will be looked at/put in the bug log would be appreciated (just to give peace of mind that all this reporting/testing didn't go to waste). Because it's a very subtle and easy bug to miss and I think it's been flying under the radar for several months (years with Lephantis now). I don't mind waiting for fixes, as I can see this bug probably taking a bit longer to unravel and fix. Thank you.

Edited by BlindStalker
Updated bug report. There is still 1 outlying bug that needs to be addressed and fixed (moved to #1 at top of report).

On 2019-05-11 at 6:55 AM, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

How about dargyns on the PoE?  They also seem to know right where you are while invis.

Dargyns came up negative in my past testing. I never could seem to get the Dargyn to chase me after I went into prowl mode, but I am aware that other Ivara players have reported on being chased by them as of recent.

However, I am willing to keep trying to test and check with Ivara and Dargyns, I suspect that there is something happening with other Ivara players that I'm not doing during my testing. Some other parameter that I'm missing. I need more info from other Ivara players on what they're doing to figure out what's causing Dargyn to continuously give chase to determine what else might be bugged at hand.

past video testing checks:

I'll say also that Lephantis isn't just targeting companions.  I can have a dog on the ground while sitting up on a dashwire, and he'll shoot right into my frame.

This might still be a possibility. It's hard to determine with Lephantis because he's always been buggy for years and with stealth frames, he's even more buggy against them. Maybe, possible that Lephantis still keeps tracking your stealth frame for a few seconds after you've cloaked infront of his eyes, before he finally loses you. It's hard for me to determine, I was hoping the stealth frame companion bug was the issue. I know from previous fights, If I were to go into operator mode infront of him and Lephantis is already tracking my operator (ready to shoot at me), then I switch back to my cloaked Ivara, he'll actually still track Ivara before firing at her. It's possible the companion issue with stealth frames might only be part of a lager problem with Lephantis.

Edited by BlindStalker

How about dargyns on the PoE?  They also seem to know right where you are while invis.

Edit update: Okay, sorry I totally didn't consider a parameter during my testing of those Dargyns earlier. So this time around I went out on to PoE and did get the Dargyns to chase after me, both as Ivara and as Loki too, when I went invisible. They continually fired at me, ignoring the cloaking abilities of either frame. This time for testing though, I brought loud non-hushed/unsupressed guns. I play with Ivara 24/7 now practically that I'm so used to constantly hushing my guns/suppressing them that I didn't consider changing that parameter for testing. 

But I'm not entirely sure if that's the exact cause of the bug, the Dargyns are however, definitely ignoring the cloaking abilities of stealth frames (they especially don't care about Ivara's cloak arrow and will just shoot her while she's in it).. Loud guns seem to be the cause to getting Dargyns to chase you (ignoring your stealth), but it's a bit inconsistent. Though if I switch to suppressed guns with Ivara, they definitely seem to lose her once she prowls up (cloak arrow still bugged/unreliable as usual though).

I'll have to do some more testing to see if it is.

Edited by BlindStalker

20 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

Edit update: Okay, sorry I totally didn't consider a parameter during my testing of those Dargyns earlier. So this time around I went out on to PoE and did get the Dargyns to chase after me, both as Ivara and as Loki too, when I went invisible. They continually fired at me, ignoring the cloaking abilities of either frame. This time for testing though, I brought loud non-hushed/unsupressed guns. I play with Ivara 24/7 now practically that I'm so used to constantly hushing my guns/suppressing them that I didn't consider changing that parameter for testing. 

But I'm not entirely sure if that's the exact cause of the bug, the Dargyns are however, definitely ignoring the cloaking abilities of stealth frames (they especially don't care about Ivara's cloak arrow and will just shoot her while she's in it).. Loud guns seem to be the cause to getting Dargyns to chase you (ignoring your stealth), but it's a bit inconsistent. Though if I switch to suppressed guns with Ivara, they definitely seem to lose her once she prowls up (cloak arrow still bugged/unreliable as usual though).

I'll have to do some more testing to see if it is.

I've had them spawn in above me while I'm not making any noise and still know right where I am while stealthed.  Sometimes, once in a blue moon, they overlook me, so I too am unsure what exactly the problem is.  They definitely don't lose me while prowled if I use a weapon that makes noise but doesn't uncloak her.

Edit:  That can be from either firing noisy primary/secondary while in a cloak arrow radius, or using a gunblade while in prowl.

Edited by Vitalis_Inamorta

Sorry for my English.
I also encountered this bug when playing for Ivara , but I noticed another pattern, the wolf of Saturn six draws attention to me when I put the radiation status on the nearby fugitives with my weapon. After that, so that the wolf stopped chasing me, I put him to sleep. But the last 2 times he didn’t want to sleep, so I thought that the developers had removes the opportunity to put the wolf to sleep.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-05-15 at 12:11 PM, acidroll said:

Sorry for my English.
I also encountered this bug when playing for Ivara , but I noticed another pattern, the wolf of Saturn six draws attention to me when I put the radiation status on the nearby fugitives with my weapon. After that, so that the wolf stopped chasing me, I put him to sleep. But the last 2 times he didn’t want to sleep, so I thought that the developers had removes the opportunity to put the wolf to sleep.

I need to check around about using rad status. I've seen this pop up a couple of times in reports, but I've never been able to check myself. Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to check into this later.

I'm guessing that you were testing this at the time of when Wolf was temporarily available as a boss on Saturn - that was the only time he became vulnerable to CC abilities again. After he left that node, he went back to being his invulnerable self.

Edited by BlindStalker

• 1 month later...
On 2019-05-15 at 10:50 AM, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

I've had them spawn in above me while I'm not making any noise and still know right where I am while stealthed.  Sometimes, once in a blue moon, they overlook me, so I too am unsure what exactly the problem is.  They definitely don't lose me while prowled if I use a weapon that makes noise but doesn't uncloak her.

Edit:  That can be from either firing noisy primary/secondary while in a cloak arrow radius, or using a gunblade while in prowl.

Was rummaging through patch notes

Prime Vault: Hotfix 25.3.3.1 update

Fixes:

• Fixed Stealth abilities like Ivara's Prowl being ineffective against Dargyns.

But I haven't been able to check, I'll look into it later. Hopefully it is actually fixed this time.

I know for a fact the Ratels are still randomly targeting my sentinel if I get too close to them while in prowl, which still causes energy depletion. Seriously terribly annoying just losing energy to an attack that doesn't even directly attack her. Lephantis still buggy as usual.

So still waiting for fixes in my original OP.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Most of these" got supposedly fixed in Update 25.7.0.

- "Fixed Ghouls, Ratel, and Wolf of Saturn Six targeting your Sentinel when it and you are both invisible (eg: Ivara's Prowl, Loki’s Invisibility, etc.)."

I only really did some tiny testing with Ratels, but the others might be fixed.

However: #5 The Sap Fog Comba Scrambus still isn't fixed in regards to Ivara's cloak arrow (cloak arrow stops working entirely on the sentinel once Ivara has been hit by the Comba's aura, the effect does not wear off). DE please also continue to look into fixing this bug as well, I still have the video which demonstrates this bug in my OP. NOTE, I'm not talking about during the duration of the aura, I do really mean that once the Comba's aura wears off and you regain the ability to use cloak arrows, you will no longer be able to cloak your sentinel. My video bluntly shows this bug in action, please eventually fix this bug for Ivara's cloak arrows DE.

• 1 month later...

Self reminder bump, I will update this bug thread later (with a different title and such). But see situation #1 in my OP as this bug still occurs specifically between Sap Comba Fog Scrambus powers still permanently affecting Ivara's cloak arrow on sentinel, even after the effect was supposed to wear off.

Edited by BlindStalker

• 1 month later...

Bump, situation #1 bug in my OP still occurs; specifically between Sap Comba Fog Scrambus powers still permanently affecting Ivara's cloak arrow on sentinel companions, even after the effect was supposed to wear off. Still not fixed as of update 'The Old Blood: Prime Vault 26.0.8.1'.

Edited by BlindStalker

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Something to add that worsens the situation. It isn't JUST ivara and stealth frames. They nullify ALL effects on companions. Oberon's healing aura? No longer will apply to companions if he's been fogged.

Edited by Vulpurus

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update, I think this officially finally got fix in today's patch. Scarlet Spear: 27.3.11

22 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Scrambus nullifications being permanent on friendly AI.

Quick testing in sim allows cloak arrow to work again on my sentinel companions again instead of being permanently blocked.

I think I can finally leave this thread alone now.