Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello! I've been playing Warframe on PC for a while now and recently picked up the Switch version. I've been having fun playing it, but I've been noticing very clearly that there's a strong delay between pressing a button and actually doing the associated action.

If I press B to jump, for example, it takes ~0.5 seconds to register and actually jump. The same applies to pressing buttons to hack consoles (fairly frustrating with Grineer hacking!), open the inventory / emote wheels, reload, tilting control sticks to aim / move... etc. What's weird though (and I don't believe this is proper behavior) is that it seems like the game does read these inputs on time and sends appropriate signals to the force feedback / HD rumble on the controller. For example, when firing the MK1-Braton on PC, when I click to fire, it fires immediately. Firing the same gun on the Switch version takes the mentioned ~0.5 seconds to actually fire the gun, but the HD rumble begins vibrating as if it were firing immediately. Based on that, I'm not really certain if it's an issue with reading the input as it might be with executing that input.

Oddly, it -feels- like motion controls are basically occurring with the correct timing- but it's harder for me to tell vs. the vast difference between button presses and actions.

All that said, even though other users have talked about this, I wanted to leave my personal observations, just in case they could help. I have confidence in the developers at Digital Extremes and Panic Button that they will fix this issue sooner rather than later, and I'm excited to continue playing Warframe on Switch! 🙂

Some additional bullet points, and then I'm out:

• I'm playing with a first-party pro controller in docked mode.
  • I'm playing with the pro controller's communications sent wirelessly, instead of using the wired communications optionally enabled through the Switch settings.
  • I haven't tested the pro controller in tabletop (handheld) mode.
  • I haven't tested joy-cons in any mode (handheld, tabletop (handheld), docked).

UPDATE: I tested the game in tabletop mode with my pro controller and joycons after noticing there was a similar input latency on the Switch home screen during docked mode. The problems entirely vanished. It seems this is not a problem with the game at all, but rather a problem with understanding how television screens work., so this no longer classifies as a performance issue I think, or even an issue at all.This is admittedly, mildly frustrating, since I would like to play in the living room, and also I feel pretty silly now (we all have our moments), but luckily the way I typically play my Switch (docked and connected to a computer monitor) should zero out any latency issues I'm having at the present. 

Now I guess I just have to figure out if I can lower the latency on my living room television screen without too much visual flickering. 😕 Even though this wound up being a false report, I'm glad I made this post just so I would be paying more attention to how things work. Keep it up guys, ahahaha....

Edited by (NSW)nostraightanswer
Some additional thoughts after additional testing and observation making me feel silly. RIP, me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing since release! It used to be so much worse.. Especially the camera stick! That was unbearable. They never really fixed it until about January. They removed the fat deadzone in the stick, at least. But erry other update, the inner zone of the camera either gets bigger or smaller. Whatever it is they're doing, I wish they could either fix the camera stick and remove the low zone, or stop messing with it every other update.

The camera was crap when Fortuna came. Then a patch was released and then the camera felt good enough. Then Part 2 came out and it went back to being insanely sluggish. A patch after that felt decent, and now PoE remaster it's back to being crap. The inner zone of the camera feels so slow in a huge area in the center

I used to have my sensitivity set at 40. When Fortuna Part 2 came out, I had to move it up to 80 just to make it feel normal again. I used to never have to push so far on the stick just to turn. I have to put my sensitivity at 80 just to feel that again. I also use extended thumb grip on my first party pro controller so the inner low zone of the stick is even more noticeable. I hope next update they fix the camera so I can enjoy it while it lasts. I don't play this game that much anymore solely because of the camera. And I doubt they'll ever fix it or pay attention to the bad controls we've had since release.

I've made many complaints and nothing has changed and no one has responded. So I guess they don't care as much. It'd just be nice to have full control and customization over the camera. And tighter controls 

Edit: And the cursor! It's rly difficult to make micro adjustments on the slider bars in the Menus

Edited by (NSW)Cqllel