Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Nightwave Changes for Series 2

SilverBones

yes same question as tackle ask , i'm sad that series one ended, when it was active i played everyday and before i played just once in a while , one time by week, i was thinking that when series 1 ended series 2 begin immediately, but it's not like that finally i think

can you put series 1 again for people who don't have the chance to have all reward and spend the rest of their wolf point while we wait for series 2 please i think we all enjoy that , please we need that warframe armor

i was at reward 27 one week and i'm good, i was thinking you make the change when your patch launch, and besides that i think mission can be more clear, i never succeed to complete some of them because i was not understanding the mission; like doing 1 polarisation i find it was polarisation with a forma at the end 

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I have got a couple of suggestions that I thought I'll put out here, maybe you like them and perhaps DE will as well, but in case no one does, at least I tried, right?!

I work in the Health Care sector in the UK, and mainly play in the weekends. Weekdays are gym, girlfriend, and just general stuff. This is important because I generally completed the challenges for the nightwaves on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. This made me think, how could the challenged be improved for those who do not play every day? I understand that there have been talks about the possibility to work backwards on the challenges, etc. That, I really appreciate.

My suggestions would be different. What if there was an extra element for every challenge, similar to the Bounties in Orb Vallis, that would be a requirement, and if the requirement is met for the challenge, and extra % of point would be granted for that challenge? Example.: Kill 100 Eximus units (5.000 points). Bonus requirement: Kill 100 Eximus units in a maximum  of 2 missions. Successfully completing the bonus would grant you an extra 50% points (7.500 points for this challenge). Another one could be, Kill 1.500 enemies in 1 mission (long-survival/defense perhaps), for an extra 50% points. These bonus requirements could be applied to almost every challenge, and would perhaps make things a bit more rewarding. 

Let me know what you think. 🙂 

Well... I think you mostly mean for Season 3. Since it's a bit too tight to implement most new suggestions at this point for S2. Though I do like the "extra optional requirement" one. Looks like it'd add spice to it. Hopefully it'll be a thing someday, but we still have to see how the whole "less challenges for more points" will turn out in S2, because I think this suggestion would affect it.

1 hour ago, (NSW)aBelga said:

I work in the Health Care sector in the UK, and mainly play in the weekends. Weekdays are gym, girlfriend, and just general stuff. This is important because I generally completed the challenges for the nightwaves on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. This made me think, how could the challenged be improved for those who do not play every day? I understand that there have been talks about the possibility to work backwards on the challenges, etc. That, I really appreciate.

DE can't make it work for every single person out there in all those different life-situations...

18 hours ago, Maganar said:

Lua Spy has the part with the "training course" in the past that requires wall-latching and shooting a target that travels through the area, moving forward each time you shoot it and requiring parkour to latch onto each new platform (from its side) before the target becomes targetable again.  Then there are rotating lasers that must be stopped by shooting them intermittently while wall-latching to four platforms in sequence.  This was the only vault I brought up because of the obvious (or so I thought) issue, but the other two would both be exceedingly impractical with the operator as well (the vault in question, I believe, is fully impossible without a player on warframe to help).

I highly suggest you actually learn Lua Spy before recommending challenges based around it.  Now if by any chance (though I am inclined to doubt it) you know an alternate solution to the vault in question, maybe you could enlighten me rather than playing coy and pretending you don't even know what I am talking about (if you've done that vault at all, you SHOULD know the wall latching section that makes up over half the completion time even with no mistakes made).

Yes and that is the bad way to do it.

I don't know why anyone would do it when the alternative is way easier. 

This was mentioned in another post but it was very unnoticed, we should get a poster of the wolf that we see when opening the episodes, the poster also includes the exact rank the player has reached during the season, its an orbiter decoration and cant be donated to the clan vault, also we should be bale to review the episodes from season 1 or at least give that feature to those who got to tier 30

5 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

DE can't make it work for every single person out there in all those different life-situations...

That was just to give a bit of context, and to know what provoked my thoughts and what made me thinking. I did not ask for DE to make it work personally for me, it was a simple suggestions on what I think would make things more rewarding. 

1 hour ago, Skorpion2614 said:

Quick question, for those who haven't been able to reach rank 30 on time, to acquire the armour set of Wolf, because they didn't have the time or just couldn't.

Will the armour set return or will it be a new armour set?

From past experience, event rewards usually stay locked up for a while and only come back as baro stock. They want people who got it to feel like it was an accomplishment and not just something you can grab from the market. I only made it to level 22 so I will have to wait too. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)KiryuStark said:

From past experience, event rewards usually stay locked up for a while and only come back as baro stock. They want people who got it to feel like it was an accomplishment and not just something you can grab from the market. I only made it to level 22 so I will have to wait too. 

For what it's worth, I got the rank 30 stuff, and I don't care if they put it in Baro's shop next time he pops up. Fun for all who want it.

I'm loving the new acts. But the one about transmuting 12 mods is kind of meh; would be great if the transmutation system were fixed to be a bit more consistent, less random, more useful (but that's a theme for another post); besides we're talking about an act that relies on the player spending credits, 12k to 36k each transmutation, and I can remember vividly how I struggled to get credits when I was MR 5 or so, when I needed huge quantities of money to rank up oh so many mods, build potatoes, buy blueprints and craft gear. And BOI that I cried every time I had to spend 50k credits (worth of an entire day of grind, sometimes) on a single mod rank, or a weapon or whatever.
Yes, now I laugh because if I need money I just go to the Index, but I'm thinking from the perspective of a low MR player: this "challenge" hurts on the wallet and may be not worth it.

Regarding the Nightwave Creds, in my humble opinion having reached rank 39 in Series 1, these are my insights:

• one healthier way to reward Nightwave currency could be rewarding a minimal amount of Creds for each certain quantity of standing earned (???);
  • another one, less weird, is giving a consistent amount of creds on each NW rank, along with the "normal" reward (could be overriden by a big Creds reward on a specific rank and no one would be mad);
  • after rank 30, the reward should be a biiit more generous this time; because if I struggled to reach the top, destroying my social life in the process, 15 Creds is a punch in the snout; is 5 ranks to get one darned potato; 2 ranks to get anything except Nitain; bruh;
  • next time, it would be nice if you left Nora's "store" open and the Creds available until the next Series arrives, and then make them disappear;
  • ?????
  • Grofit.

Maybe you thought something like that, maybe not, or maybe something even better; I don't know. I'm just throwing ideas like pancakes at the ceiling 😛

Anyway, I like the changes and I'm eagerly waiting for the upcoming update ❤️ Thanks a lot for your hard work.

-------------

UNRELATED: Please do something with The Sergeant, he's WAY TOO IRRELEVANT :c

В 20.05.2019 в 18:08, WhiteMarker сказал:

Or in other words, for almost evey single adult that isnt a streamer or youtube no life leech.

I mean priorities I guess. Jsut the people most likely to spend a dime on your game.

Just now, -Temp0- said:

Or in other words, for almost evey single adult that isnt a streamer or youtube no life leech.

I mean priorities I guess. Jsut the people most likely to spend a dime on your game.

You would be surprised how many people have a job and play the game on a regular basis just fine.
I have a job, attend university, do stuff with friends, and play Warframe.
Tell me how little time I have...

On ‎2019‎-‎05‎-‎10 at 10:54 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Dreamers!

Too much to ask for an approximate ETA on when the next season will start? Given its replacing alerts that were always up, I would have expected it to start the day after the prior season ended.  At the very least letting the players know when would be a good start.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Too much to ask for an approximate ETA on when the next season will start? Given its replacing alerts that were always up, I would have expected it to start the day after the prior season ended.  At the very least letting the players know when would be a good start.

MAY 21 UPDATE:

Happy Tuesday! We are on track for release this week. We traditionally release Wednesdays or Thursdays - so you can expect Red Text to appear one of those days.... we're very excited, Tenno. The Anticipation!

I am glad for the beacons.  The tiny duration of the tactical alert was upsetting.  Anyone who was busy for that one single weekend missed it completely.  Next time I would like to see a full week of tactical alert so people busy on the weekend don't miss out completely.

On 2019-05-10 at 4:40 PM, Kylo. said:

This is good, but we need more acts like "complete lua spy without triggering alarms".

No, we really don't. Lua spy missions are terrible and that would be a challenge I just never do.

Would be really nice to have ETA on next season because the situation with nitain extracts is really tough for new players. Caches are a horrible way to farm them and Ghoul bounties are not available atm 😞

EDIT: heck, I didn't notice the update, the anticipation is high!

EDIT 2: or was it about Concord in general? Awww...

On 2019-05-20 at 8:23 AM, Kylo. said:

Yes and that is the bad way to do it.

I don't know why anyone would do it when the alternative is way easier. 

Thank you for providing a demonstration.  I have never been introduced to that method of completion ever before.

Like I said, could have saved us both the trouble if you just explained immediately instead of playing coy on it, but I do sincerely appreciate the honest response when I showed my exasperation with being given a run-around instead of being told and shown where I was incorrect the first response.

I still don't think this would be an appropriate challenge by any means as it relies upon looking up arcane knowledge.  I learned the game mostly by trial and error plus research of specific details - never used a single guide .... until LUA Spy, at which point I was completely baffled despite having played single-player puzzle games.  This challenge would require players to know not just one solution to LUA Spy, but enough solutions that an operator-friendly one is included in your knowledge base - though in all honesty, it's more likely that a demo video like you showed me will just go viral if that challenge goes live and then everyone will just Google it and do it "the easy way" by rote, so I fail to see the point of the challenge other than to be a nuisance in forcing players to memorize even more game knowledge when this game has plenty enough without artificial incentives to memorize even more.  At least the current iteration of the challenge (which I don't like to start with for demanding clunky operator movement and putting people at a massive disadvantage if they don't have completion on the insane grind of all waybound nodes unlocked like I nearly do) allows you to do any Spy map so you can pick one you are certain will be operator-friendly.

LUA Spy is just a pain in the first place because it's designed like a puzzle game, but unlike puzzle games, it punishes rather than rewards experimentation (by putting you a timer toward failure for trying something that is unsuccessful).  Once introduced to viable solutions by guides, I've gone back to LUA a few times to try and find my own alternative solutions without help and invariably something triggers an alarm and the vault is failed.

Anyway, thanks again for the info.  I'll probably stick to the wall-latching just because I have practice by now and won't have to switch focus schools just to do that.  I know from experience that Orokin Spectators can spawn in some of those passages and I use Naramon school usually which I've used to fully upgrade its dash radius to maximize the number of targets I can mark for finishers - as well as making so I just have to blindly dash and that radius is easily wide enough to capture Kuva anywhere on a tile pretty much.  My dash would be very likely to damage and trigger alarms from them, but I always like knowing more details and having extra flexibility.

Archived