Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Nightwave Changes for Series 2

SilverBones

the jovian concord was very interesting because it gave us some odd mods, but i think the resources and enemies needed some machine guns or better weapons, there were no wall lasers or turrets, or sudden bursa who could make players more like a team, the players could get some interesting mods for their pets otherwise much of the area is dominated by voice overs which should have been aimed at the enemies instead of the players direct, because they can be  repetitive to replayability, also, there should be some other blueprints and mods to discover from hacking vaults, otherwise you could allow the players to access a set of modified / temporary weapons (Special Weapon) to encourage use old weapons, or  modifications. The braton mk1 replicas with lasers, and soldiers have smoke and flashbangs, EMP to hinder energy abilities in some areas machines are , grenades to pick-up, and other soldiers,and EDF weapons to find, maybe the relays & konzu would lend a hand at the start of some of the longer missions that are round based to keep players interested, in case they messed up their gear they can have access to the andand otherwise nightwave, and ordis could tag along, maybe you can add some enemies to some radio channels, players K.O and revive process is a bit unimpressive, and edgy. I think zooming to reload or activate crouch to charge up a special feature for sprinting can make walking and open world more fun, if the players could use the items and mods they find in the map right away on the next clip if they pick up a mod on the floor or from a locker boxes, the robots would have some batteries and energy capacitors that can be used for as quartz crystals to enhance melee attacks, slam attacks, and sliding/wall combat.The players have a item and emote wheel which could be used to look at all the pickups and gathered items thus players could also use enemies weapons technology, or savior parts for the foundry, is interesting that nightwave has so many quest and bounties, but i think its more important to upgrade or include some other common items like lunaro paddles and mods, as well as some pvp items, and ship skins, its like a PA system in a car, anyways, right now am unable to use nightwave, i th 

On ‎2019‎-‎05‎-‎22 at 11:26 AM, kreep2.0 said:

MAY 21 UPDATE:

Happy Tuesday! We are on track for release this week. We traditionally release Wednesdays or Thursdays - so you can expect Red Text to appear one of those days.... we're very excited, Tenno. The Anticipation!

I don't see which thread you pulled this (unless you are an undercover DE employee and posted it for DE, or just made it up 🤷‍♂️) .  I tried searching for it but perhaps the forums search doesn't work well.

In any event, Wednesday and Thursday both passed (not that I really expected Red Text to appear ).

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I don't see which thread you pulled this (unless you are an undercover DE employee and posted it for DE, or just made it up 🤷‍♂️) .  I tried searching for it but perhaps the forums search doesn't work well.

In any event, Wednesday and Thursday both passed (not that I really expected Red Text to appear ).

My fault. I assumed that NightWave 2 and Jovian Concord were synonymous. It was taken from the May21 update on Tuesday! LOL

6 minutes ago, kreep2.0 said:

My fault. I assumed that NightWave 2 and Jovian Concord were synonymous. It was taken from the May21 update on Tuesday! LOL

Ah - as a console player I knew they weren't as we won't see Jovian for a month or so and they've been trying to keep platforms synced for Night wave stuff so that wouldn't have worked.

Would still like a more definitive answer from DE other than the nebulous phrasing by @[DE]Marcus:

"There will be a gap of time between the end of Series 1 and the start of Nightwave Series 2.

On 2019-05-11 at 12:44 AM, (XB1)MidnightTMorn said:

but please put a minimum level on it so people don't do the easy thing of just running earth spy, like making it the higher third of the map (Neptune upwards) would be awesome.

How does how/what other people choose to play affect you? Do the level you want and leave others to do theirs.

Please remove 'challenges' that require rare resources  (forma, ayatans) & redundant crafting of modular weapons. All other changes are welcome (no more friends/clan-mate shenanigans, tedious - not challenging - survival mission) or bearable (operator game play is not as fluid as warframe game play, but... *shrugs*)

• 2 weeks later...

this might be a good developer idea for you guys over at digital extremes;

"have the rank rewards earnable again after first prestige, even having a new set of rank rewards that is not nora creds or the current series currency(whatever the name) that is different from the non-prestige because I will say this, the reward system after first prestige was terrible last series. earning 15 wolf creds every rank after first prestige was total b.s. and felt like a huge waste of time having to grind all week to potentionally get enough creds for something like an orokin reactor or orokin catalyst. at this rate, if players only get 1 umbral forma per series, then we are looking at maybe 3 umbral forma the entire -year. sounds fun right? nah, the ranking reward system needs to be changed to make player base have more initiative to play the game during the series. This can be achieved if the player base can earn 2 umbral forma per series instead of 1 umbral forma per series." 

-I am calling it right now, if the reward system after first prestige is exactly the same as the wolf of Saturn six series then I won't do anymore of the series 2 missions. no way am I gonna spend an entire week grinding standing to have a chance to earn enough creds for a stupid orokin reactor or orokin catalysts when I can earn those without the grind.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BuckWildNinja said:

this might be a good developer idea for you guys over at digital extremes;

"have the rank rewards earnable again after first prestige, even having a new set of rank rewards that is not nora creds or the current series currency(whatever the name) that is different from the non-prestige because I will say this, the reward system after first prestige was terrible last series. earning 15 wolf creds every rank after first prestige was total b.s. and felt like a huge waste of time having to grind all week to potentionally get enough creds for something like an orokin reactor or orokin catalyst. at this rate, if players only get 1 umbral forma per series, then we are looking at maybe 3 umbral forma the entire -year. sounds fun right? nah, the ranking reward system needs to be changed to make player base have more initiative to play the game during the series. This can be achieved if the player base can earn 2 umbral forma per series instead of 1 umbral forma per series." 

-I am calling it right now, if the reward system after first prestige is exactly the same as the wolf of Saturn six series then I won't do anymore of the series 2 missions. no way am I gonna spend an entire week grinding standing to have a chance to earn enough creds for a stupid orokin reactor or orokin catalysts when I can earn those without the grind.

upvote this post to the top. needs to be addressed asap

On 2019-05-10 at 4:54 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.

Sounds cool, but its unfair for low MR. Also capture hydrolyst annoyed many people. Who want to carry MR4 players with no operator and uising MK-1 BO to capture the Hydrolyst? I think all tasks should be easier and faster. After all these are weeklys. Something you spend 1 hour doing and back to your ordinary playing. Some tasks make people spend entire week and thats starting to be frustrating. I mean I wanna farm some standings with a faction and do fortuna and cetus bountys but cant do that because I got freaking nightwave that takes hours and longer. No other game have weekly tasks so screwed like this one. Come on make them fast make them profitable, make them the way so the people dont have to spend days doing them. I played many MMO games I know what a daily and weekly task is. These are not weekly tasks these are week thieves.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-05-10 at 10:54 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Dreamers!

A while back we posted requesting feedback on Nightwave Episode 1: The Wolf of Saturn 6. Now we are putting that feedback into action for Series 2 and we wanted to share our progress! You can find that original thread here:

To recap, we already had feedback on the Atayan Statues and RNG, challenges with friends, and how Survival challenges were too long for one sitting. On that note, we have been compiling further feedback from that thread and through other sources, and have come up with some new changes to be implemented in Series 2 of Nightwave.

We are implementing the following:

1) Playing Catch-Up: Stored, Missed Acts!

The biggest change we wanted to announce was the addition of a system which allows you to play missed Acts after you have completed the current Acts for your given week. This will only apply to Weekly and Elite Weekly Acts. 

When both Weekly and Elite Weekly Acts are completed for a week, a ‘missed’ Act from a previous week will be available to play and complete. Once you have completed all ‘missed’ Acts, they will no longer appear, only to be refreshed in the next week’s rotation.

2) Degrindification!

The overarching plan here is to reduce the amount of Acts offered in any given week, but maintain the Standing rewards they provide. 

Series 1 has 7 Weekly Acts and 3 Elite Weekly Acts. Series 2 will be reduced to 5 Weekly Acts and 2 Elite Weekly Acts. While there will be less Acts overall, the rewards for these Acts will increase, so you will earn the same amount of Standing as you would in the previous Episode upon completion. We are also looking at front-loading more Cred with the next Series to increase the initial amount of Creds received for participating!

3) Changes to Existing Acts!

• 'With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely
  • Change 'Complete 5 Sorties' Elite Weekly to 'Complete 3 Sorties' 
  • Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes
  • Ayatan Socket requirement for Acts lowered from 5 to 3
  • ‘10 perfect conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect conservations’ 
  • ‘10 Bounties’ reduced to ‘5 different Bounties’ 
  • Increase the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds

4) New Acts!

Daily

• Find 5 Syndicate Medallions 
  • Transmute 12 Mods 
  • Deploy an Air Support Charge in a mission 
  • Pet your Kubrow or Kavat (Very Important)

Weekly  

• Complete 3 Kuva Siphon Missions 
  • Complete 3 different K-Drive races in Orb Vallis 

Elite Weekly

• Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.

5) The Emissary

Of course, a new Series means a new Nightwave Story. We don't want to spoil too much, but we will be also changing up the way the story interacts with the world. Episode 2 will have more interactivity with the players in new ways, expanding out and growing as the Episode progresses. We are excited for you to see what you make of this new story!

6) The Wolf 

The Wolf will remain a threat, and his parts acquirable. When Nightwave Episode 1 concludes, the Wolf will become a random spawn with a small chance of appearing, which will grow as you take on higher level missions. Wolf Beacons will also be available and placed into the normal rotation of Nora Night’s wares. Wolf Creds will expire after Series 1 - spend them while it's active!

We would like to take a moment to thank you all for your collective feedback in the last thread, and as always, we continue to look for ways to improve this new system as it grows and progresses. Let us know your thoughts and your concerns, and as always, please keep your comments constructive and civil.

Thanks!

can we have a challenge  

Kill every boss in the star chart

On 2019-05-10 at 10:38 AM, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Please show the active races on the map before adding this act!

If you board your K-Drive in Orb Vallis, and then press and hold your map key to pop it up full-screen, you will be able to see all the available race icons on the map.

Any word on an off switch for Nora? I don't want to hear her voice in missions at all ever. Her lines for completing an act add nothing to the game and are quite irritating. Also, the hint transmission solution, as unsatisfactory as it is, doesn't even work right now.

On 2019-05-10 at 7:54 AM, [DE]Bear said:

We are also looking at front-loading more Cred with the next Series to increase the initial amount of Creds received for participating!

Hopefully that will prevent you missing an item one the first week, then it not showing up again causing you to miss it for the whole event.

While i never had a issue with the ayatan challenges; I kinda wish to stop seeing the use 3 forma challenge (i don't want to feel forced in to formaing a weapon i don't really feel i'm ever going to use or over formaing a item) and gild one item challenges (at this point i already made every zaw, amp, and kitgun i care for so now i just wasting time on making mote amps to complete this...)

I like the Night-wave stuff it was a good distraction when I was at a point on what/where do I look/go from here but I would like to see the Nitain Extract have at least 1 other way of getting them having restrictions on creds to buy them and needing to wait till the next event starts when you have stuff you want to do that needs them is somewhat annoying and disappointing. I hope that someone does look into this as a possibility due to the fact we need them for allot of crafting that I have noticed. You may have gone over this in the thread somewhere but if I was to read it all it would send me up the wall especially with my dyslexia.

3 hours ago, Lareth87 said:

What's "the wolf"? I haven't played for a while, did I miss it?

The Wolf of Saturn Six is a former Grineer prisoner who has been augmented with Sentient technology and for some reason attacks us Tenno along with some of his fellow escaped prisoners with whom he has formed a bond. While you have missed the initial Nightwave season showing him, he will be showing up later as a random encounter ala Stalker and co once enabled. To be warned, Wolf is immune to all Status, most abilities, and has armor that is immense and can't be removed under normal means. He was made much more approachable during a small mini-event at the end of the nightwave, but his normal random encounter could be a tedious thing; particularly when some of his pack helped him and were invulnerable as long as he was still standing.

Archived