Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Nightwave Changes for Series 2

SilverBones

On 2019-05-10 at 10:54 AM, [DE]Bear said:

------

When both Weekly and Elite Weekly Acts are completed for a week, a ‘missed’ Act from a previous week will be available to play and complete. Once you have completed all ‘missed’ Acts, they will no longer appear, only to be refreshed in the next week’s rotation. This is honestly too nice of you to integrate this, more so limiting to Weekly and Elite Weekly acts.

2) Degrindification!

The overarching plan here is to reduce the amount of Acts offered in any given week, but maintain the Standing rewards they provide. 

Series 1 has 7 Weekly Acts and 3 Elite Weekly Acts. Series 2 will be reduced to 5 Weekly Acts and 2 Elite Weekly Acts. While there will be less Acts overall, the rewards for these Acts will increase, so you will earn the same amount of Standing as you would in the previous Episode upon completion. We are also looking at front-loading more Cred with the next Series to increase the initial amount of Creds received for participating!

Bring back Series 1 level of Acts available. 

3) Changes to Existing Acts!

• 'With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely. Just because #EA2018 believed Single Player Games are dying, Warframe doesn't have to affect their Acts accordingly.
  • Change 'Complete 5 Sorties' Elite Weekly to 'Complete 3 Sorties' I guess 3 out of 7 days of Sorties are fine.; though 4 would've been a fair option.
  • Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes. Please increase it to 40minutes.
  • Ayatan Socket requirement for Acts lowered from 5 to 3. I suppose this are Socket Sculptures, this is fine.
  • ‘10 perfect conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect conservations’ 
  • ‘10 Bounties’ reduced to ‘5 different Bounties’ 10 Perfect Conservation becomes 6. 10 Bounties becomes 5? Really no consistency. Increase the requirements to 7 for both types.
  • Increase the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds. This is Great!

4) New Acts!

Daily

• Find 5 Syndicate Medallions.  Five you say? Can we see a variant of this under Weekly and ask for 50+ Syndicate Medallions.
  • Transmute 12 Mods. Just to be clear, this is at least 36,000 credits worth of Transmutation. For 1,000 points.
  • Deploy an Air Support Charge in a mission. I guess this is an easy way to earn 1,000 points by expending 1 of the 10 built from the Resuable BP.
  • Pet your Kubrow or Kavat (Very Important). Doge tings.

Weekly  

• Complete 3 Kuva Siphon Missions
  • Complete 3 different K-Drive races in Orb Vallis. For those who's PC/Laptop's who struggle to even load at the gate - I wish you good fortune with this.

Elite Weekly

• Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.  I see now - From my recent "Void Dash Death AND Respawn at the spawn room" WTFs I've been experiencing is leading up to this. I could be deep into the map, a door or two away from extraction point and BAM! Respawn back at the spawn room. Do I look forward to this? Sure. Do I look forward to doing this with friends/clanmates? Since that requirement has been removed - the answer is fun but unnecessary.

-----

We would like to take a moment to thank you all for your collective feedback in the last thread, and as always, we continue to look for ways to improve this new system as it grows and progresses. Let us know your thoughts and your concerns, and as always, please keep your comments constructive and civil.

Thanks! THANK YOU for the Updates, I hope to see and play with further improved Acts from what I've suggested above. Or below.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: 

Reflecting from early Halo Waypoint(HW) challenges and rewards, I'd like to see something near similar to the offerings. The existing library of Acts is near similar to what I can recall from HW from Kill acts, MIssion acts, and Action acts. But I would like to see a few acts expand or focus their criteria.

Using the recent "150 Kills with Radiation" as an example - consider adding to its act with another conditional requirement. "Radiation using Shotgun", "Radiation while wall-latched", "Radiation with any MK1-Bo" "Radiation in Lua MIssions", OR even at a feasible stretch, "Radiation in Operator Mode."

It's these little tweaks that'll pull me out of my comfort zone (frame, weapon, mission) and play the game at a different seated position.

Since Map Tilesets are randomized, there's one specific type of HW challenges that can't be replicated in Warframe. It's the Complete a Specific Mission within a time limit. 

Granted the Rewards from the HW challenges were purely cosmetic at times, as these Nightwaves REMAIN a replacement to the previous Alert system in how we eventually earn Series Cred to purchase from the store.

Sometimes we don't need a "Series" to expand on the story of the Warframe universe  - we just want that Nitain to finish building that thing in the Foundry. 

Cheers o/

1 hour ago, (XB1)GODsmokeZILLA said:

I got all rewards last week, and now I'm stuck with pointless INTERMISSION quests with no rewards.

You mean, you got everything on the rank reward ladder, and are now free to play the game as you like, without worrying about a list of chores to do?

Sounds like a good time to me. I'm just doing my own thing, accomplishing my own goals, forma'ing stuff, ranking stuff up, probably wasting resources that would otherwise be rewarding me during the next Nightwave season... but I just got my Rubico Prime, and am getting it set up for Eidolon hunting. (still wishing they'd fix melee, so I'd actually be having fun right now, without herky-jerky rooting stances and Wukong's/the new combo system using forward movement as an input type to determine which combo is used - hint: it will always be the one with forward movement, for me at least. And if the new reworked polearm forward movement combo stops you every three swings and roots you in place, it's worthless and possibly game-killing for me - still holding out hope.)

Obviously, if you still need Nitain, or anything that costs creds, you're back in the same position Nightwave Season 1's ending had people in, that the Intermission was supposed to fix... (I saw this coming a mile away, but we still ended up here.)

I know they quickly threw the intermission thing together as an interim gap filler (instead of just turning Alerts back on), but you'd think they'd have seen the same issue cropping up for people, since the problem itself was never addressed... the lack of a way to earn creds outside of the reward ladder tiers. I mean, 200 creds was all they allowed people to earn in this intermission, if I recall correctly. I think I only got Wisp's alt helm and a catalyst or two? wasted the last 30 of my creds on a couple nitain packs just to use them up (5 more creds, and I could have gotten one of the last helms I never picked up during the Alerts). And the only reason I did any of that was for the Ephemera (the aura forma was nice too). All the Nora shop stuff feels like consolation prizes for losing Alerts.

Season 2 will likely begin as soon as (or soon after) Tennocon is over, and they announce the whole theme of it as a big reveal, but for something that was supposed to replace the 24/7/365 alert system, Nightwave has consistently fallen short of its potential, and stated design goals, in more ways than one.

you are still not thinking of the smaller guys, what if you dont have operator unlocked?

why are you making these things so hard on people? first we HAVE to have a friend, then we HAVE to do it with clan mates, now we HAVE to have an operator?

i played the other day with a random player and he said he dont like playing with operator, so you are forcing him to do something he do not like, why?

you have new players joining daily, but you are making it not possible for them to get that reward just because they dont have an operator?

im mastery rank 27, i need only 1 more log in weapon then i have everything so far in this game, so for me i dont really care about this rewards or credits i need to buy from nightwave,

but i am thinking and hearing people(new players) complain about how they can not get things like nitain (or enough of it) because they cant get enough credits to buy them, because like previously they dont have a friend to play with or clan mate, hence loosing out on rewards, again i dont need anything so im not complaining, im only thinking of other players getting frustrated, ok from my side i really hope  you change or remove the forma thing aswell, i dont need to forma anything anymore, but im forced to forma things, same goes for guilding a weapon, im beyond the point of making and leveling zaws and kitguns, dont want to make a random weapon, level it up and guild it just because i HAVE to, then have to sell it to get my weapon slot back, and all that resources is lost aswell not to mention the time 

thanks for trying to make something different and good but this needs more thinking, not all is bad but can be better

Suggestion, how about making this like a quest, so you got your first 1, wolf of saturn, with all the rewards, you will get your weekly and daily things to do, BUT you make the quest repeatable, so if you hit rank 30, quest ends but you can restart it to get the same rewards again, specially when you look at that umbra and aura forma that we only get once in a lifetime, this will give incentive to the grind horde out there, and not over a 10 week period, thats way too long, there are people that finished the first one in week 8 i think, leaving them with nothing to gain from doing the missions just for some extra credits

Still Forma and Gild missions it's very bad news. We said several times we don't want those anymore, I don't want to level up my stuff AGAIN. Also, I need MORE Forma, not to waste it for temp credits.

What we need is MORE missions to choose, not less. 

By giving us less choices, you're forcing us to deal with things we don't want to do, instead of giving us the choice of what to do.

Just make a new system where we can choose from 1 out of 3 missions, and the other ones gets deleted. That way, the person that wants to Forma stuff, can do it, and we can do other things, like actually play the game, to earn our credit.

Catch-Up is really a good thing, but hey i'm in game like for 3 months now, and barely finished Plains, almost didn't started Fortune, bcoz of the amount of content, don't get me wrong, it's very, very cool seeing such a Dev in now days, Warframe literally the only game i'm spending my time on for these three months, before that i was making some texture mods for the witcher 3 to fully enjoy it, and i haven't even finished it since i tried Warframe 😄.

It's cool, very, but it's very overwhelming at the same time, I haven't finished Wolf of the Sarurn 6, cuz of the time i've got how the game works it was already too late, it's kinda unforgiving for the new comers like me, i'm very upset that i won't lay my hands on Wolf's armor for example, or lost Umbra Forma. There're many things that a working man can afford except time.. 
 I wish something would've been changed in that regard. 
Thank you for the great game! All the best!

On 2019-05-10 at 3:54 PM, [DE]Bear said:

2) Degrindification!

The overarching plan here is to reduce the amount of Acts offered in any given week, but maintain the Standing rewards they provide. 

Series 1 has 7 Weekly Acts and 3 Elite Weekly Acts. Series 2 will be reduced to 5 Weekly Acts and 2 Elite Weekly Acts. While there will be less Acts overall, the rewards for these Acts will increase, so you will earn the same amount of Standing as you would in the previous Episode upon completion. We are also looking at front-loading more Cred with the next Series to increase the initial amount of Creds received for participating!

Fewer acts also means fewer options to play the way we want to (one of your stated goals for Nightwave) and, since you've managed to front-load Series 2 with some of the worst acts (gild, forma, day trader), skipping them therefore hurts your progression proportionally even more.

Not everybody has equipment they want to waste forma on just for the sake of using them and not everybody has the time to rank up a brand new modular item they may not want/need all the way to 30 just for the sake of gilding it. And the Index is just tedious.

Hello!

I'm a warframe fan who played for approx 2000 hours. I happen to be a Korean as well, and unfortunately had to join the air force (military service is a mandatory gimmic in our country). It' s been little over a year since I served in the corp, which meant I had to miss out on Nightwave season 1. This time i was thrilled at the fact that DE was releasing an infested themed content after all these years, and at the same time dissapointed because I, like last time, had to miss out on this act as well. (Nightwave 1 all over again.) 

Just wanted to know whether there would be a future event where we can gain access to the late nightwave seasons that players had to miss out due to unfortunate circumstances, pretty much like an 'archive' of past missions, like, because these rewards on nightwave 2 are the kind of things that I wanted ever since I started this game. I'm sure that a lot of fellow tenno feel the same with the latest nigtwave rewards, like the wolf armor(which In my opinion, is the best grineer themed armor so far) and I'm also sure they are also sorry to miss them out .

Sorry for ranting on. My initial inquiry is:

Is there any chance whether DE is planning on releasing an 'season archive' replaying past Nightwave missions after some time? 

Hello!

I'm a warframe fan who played for approx 2000 hours. I happen to be a Korean as well, and unfortunately had to join the air force (military service is a mandatory gimmic in our country). It' s been little over a year since I served in the corp, which meant I had to miss out on Nightwave season 1. This time i was thrilled at the fact that DE was releasing an infested themed content after all these years, and at the same time dissapointed because I, like last time, had to miss out on this act as well. (Nightwave 1 all over again.) 

Just wanted to know whether there would be a future event where we can gain access to the late nightwave seasons that players had to miss out due to unfortunate circumstances, pretty much like an 'archive' of past missions, like, because these rewards on nightwave 2 are the kind of things that I wanted ever since I started this game. I'm sure that a lot of fellow tenno feel the same with the latest nigtwave rewards, like the wolf armor(which In my opinion, is the best grineer themed armor so far) and I'm also sure they are also sorry to miss them out .

Sorry for ranting on. My initial inquiry is:

Is there any chance whether DE is planning on releasing an 'season archive' replaying past Nightwave missions after some time? 

On 2019-05-10 at 4:54 PM, [DE]Bear said:

1) Playing Catch-Up: Stored, Missed Acts!

2) Degrindification!

3) Changes to Existing Acts!

4) New Acts!

Regarding 1)

That implementation of the catch-up system is mostly useless and hardly anyone will use it for a simple reason: You have to complete all challenges from the current week for the old ones to re-appear. Who thought that would be a good idea?? And why? Anyone who can't do a single challenge will be locked out from it by default.

Regarding 2)

The approach to de-grind the challenges went into the wrong direction with removing choice and selection from players and punishing people who can't do/don't want to do certain challenges by increasing the reputation lost for each one skipped. I certainly won't go through the hassle of buying/building/ranking up/gilding a modular item *again*. But instead of 3k i'm now losing 4.5k. The proper way would've been to add more challenges that are split into groups and each player can for example only do 2 out of 4 offered elite challenges. That way the max rep is limited and players can choose which challenge they can and prefer to do. Or have a max number of levels everyone can rank up each week.

Regarding 3)

The gilding and sculpture challenges are still in there. Nuff said.

Regarding 4)

Adding more challenges is definitely a good idea, but these should be available for each player every week. Having 20 challenges and the choice to do any 10 that are possible would've been a much better approach.

And the biggest problem that re-appeared in season 2 now:

NO END DATE AGAIN!

I found myself already guessing how many weeks this season probably has, how much standing is technically possible, how much i may be allowed to miss while still reaching the ranks i aim for, is the 65% rule still valid -- it's FOMO all over again. Is this a new approach to make people play more? Season 1.5 had an end date. People could plan. Now it's a guessing game again.

Please DE, even if you don't know how long this season will go: give us a minimum runtime for this season so we know how tight the schedule is. If you for any reason at any time decide it has to run longer - that's completely fine. Nobody will be angry about having more time. But not knowing how much time is left is killing the fun completely.

Some Ideas for Challenges:

Kill Thumper
Kill Exploiter
Do x mission on y planet
Kill x Faction Enemies
Kill x Sentients on Lua
Kill x of specific enemy
x Waves Defence in an Arbitration
x Minutes Survival in Arbitration
x Intercepted Messages in Arbitration
x Relics cracked in one mission
Kill x enemies above Level 50
Kill x enemies above Level 75
Kill x enemies above Level 100

shouldnt the acts give 6000 and 9000 points instead of 4500 and 7000? or are these undocumented changes for nightwave, cause this is way slower than before and from season 1 and intermission my takeaway was that this isnt intended

During Serie 1 we had an additionnal way to grind the ranking, I personnally managed to grind at least 3 tier, maybe more, by farming the Fugitives, is there any similar mecanics to the serie 2 ? (I'm found nothing so far to gain points outside of the acts for serie 2)

So you've added a faq to the main nightwave page - which at first said it will last "10 - 11 weeks", now it's "about 10 weeks" and i get it, you're not sure yourself. Which could mean 11 weeks ... but maybe also just 9? FOMO incoming... why not say "at least 10 weeks"? That's too hard?

To do the math, we need to do 69% of all challenges (missing at max 14500 standing each week) to reach rank 30 - assuming it actually takes 10 weeks. If we actually do everything, we could reach it in week 7.

If the plug gets pulled after 9 weeks (which could happen, 9 is "about 10"....), we need to do 77% of the challenges missing at max 10000 standing each week. And there is no "tuning" or "speeding up" because there are no refugees to hunt.

Also remember the giant flaw in the catch-up system: if someone can not / or does not want to a challenge, they're automatically locked out of this catch-up because the old challenges will only appear if they complete all the current ones.

All these new chances are interesting and all but I really do wish I could get an option to chance the forma/gilding stuff to something else because its something I have already done so many times that doing it for a daily is a waste of time since I don't have any need for more weapons to guild and forma to spend just for the sake of it I get that it's aimed at newer players but that's why I wish that there would be like a option at maybe Mr 20 or 25 or something to get an alternative weekly since i really enjoy most of the tasks.  but when i have played the game for so long now that i feel like i'm being pulled back or low-key "punished" for having done all this stuff for years already.

So, I miss I few quest from last week, but do not fear, NW now have Catch-Up System!

I get in game, but I do not see it...

Oh, I have to do ALL QUEST IN THIS WEEK to unlock it?

No way, this is stupid!

If person do not have time to do all quest last week, now he must have EVEN MORE TIME to do this week challenges, just to unlock Catch-Up system?

Who made this, do not think it through

Is it just me or there's an invisible/missing mission from this week's NW missions, particularly the Jailer mission (Complete 3 Capture missions). I managed to complete it today, however, I did not got any points (worth 4500) as well as it's not showing on the main page of my Nightwave missions. @[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, zirkwander said:

Is it just me or there's an invisible/missing mission from this week's NW missions, particularly the Jailer mission (Complete 3 Capture missions). I managed to complete it today, however, I did not got any points (worth 4500) as well as it's not showing on the main page of my Nightwave missions. @[DE]Megan

I managed to do it and get the standing, but I noticed there was no daily mission. This one (Jailer) is also marked as the daily when it gave out Weekly-level standing.

There is some major kerfunkle going on here.

EDIT: Only some people were able to see Jailer, when it got shuffled to the top of the list of missions in the Navigation console (not when you click into navigation, but the menu it brings up before you hit E). If you see it there it does not have the Weekly icon (a stylized shield) but the Daily Icon (half moon and sun).

Archived