[DE]Bear

Dev Workshop - Nightwave Changes for Series 2

Is it just me or there's an invisible/missing mission from this week's NW missions, particularly the Jailer mission (Complete 3 Capture missions). I managed to complete it today, however, I did not got any points (worth 4500) as well as it's not showing on the main page of my Nightwave missions. @[DE]Megan

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zirkwander said:

Is it just me or there's an invisible/missing mission from this week's NW missions, particularly the Jailer mission (Complete 3 Capture missions). I managed to complete it today, however, I did not got any points (worth 4500) as well as it's not showing on the main page of my Nightwave missions. @[DE]Megan

I managed to do it and get the standing, but I noticed there was no daily mission. This one (Jailer) is also marked as the daily when it gave out Weekly-level standing.

There is some major kerfunkle going on here.

EDIT: Only some people were able to see Jailer, when it got shuffled to the top of the list of missions in the Navigation console (not when you click into navigation, but the menu it brings up before you hit E). If you see it there it does not have the Weekly icon (a stylized shield) but the Daily Icon (half moon and sun).

Edited by MechaEmperor7000
  • Upvote 1

This interesting however what will be done for example if some players had work or other concerns and couldn't play then got stuck without completion of wave 1 or the mid wave ex. Wave1 being locked at say the mid 20s while the other installments was still at 1 or 0. How about allowing replay or choise of active wave to let those who wasn't able to get the items 

This is nice, but there's not enough cred that I'm earning that I would like to earn. Let us earn creds for every act we complete and scale the amount on the type we completed. What if someone has OCD and is a fan of collecting everything? What if someone really needs three Orokin Reactors for his pile of new-found weapon favorites? What if someone needs those Nitain Extracts? What if someone needs to go Wolf Farming, but has no one to go with him/her? What if someone really likes several of those weapon skins on the store?

What if someone all at least three of the listed 'what ifs' but can't complete it because of how slow he/she is earning creds?

Please, DE, more creds next time. Hell, if we happen to have too much creds by the end, no one's gonna care (This is not an accurate statement, but rather a metaphor).

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-07-15 at 11:01 AM, zirkwander said:

Yeah, this one is bugged. Saw it in the console and was like "there is such a mission?"

My friend completed it and got it normally when I asked him about it, so it's not a problem everyone is experiencing. Wonder what is going on.

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited)

The challenge I have the most issue with is fighting 3 silver grove guardians.  The amount of time required to gather the resources required to make the apothics, combined with the rng as whether the silver grove spawns in the map, is an excessive grind.  Maybe allow helios or oxylus to scan flowers beyond just filling up codex?

Edited by Fairwing
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Of course this week is very challenge... Catching rare fish is the hardest quest of the Warframe, it takes 30 seconds from your life, searching 6 rare stones in fortuna? Of course it's really hard to find them, takes max 5 minutes to get them. Searching that unnecessary and stupid flowers, mosses, frostleafs are really challenge too, takes 1 hour to get every materials to craft potion, and it takes just 5 mins to finish 3 silver grove quest. Killing 30 eximus is one of the hardest challenge, it takes 5 mins to finish. And I can't tell any word for 3 capture mission, you know how hard they are.

Anyway, after explaining this week's very challenge missions, can someone tell me how to finish that level 30+ capture mission without detection? Because I use Loki's second skill and go invisible until see target, but when I get close the target I haven't seen by enemy or they aren't alarmed, but target start running and every other npcs get alerted and I killed him and capture him without detection but my quest still not completed. I guess it's because they get alerted after target start running. So if anyone finished that quest, can someone explain me how to do it?

Edited by xwerswoodx

16 minutes ago, xwerswoodx said:

Anyway, after explaining this week's very challenge missions, can someone tell me how to finish that level 30+ capture mission without detection? Because I use Loki's second skill and go invisible until see target, but when I get close the target I haven't seen by enemy or they aren't alarmed, but target start running and every other npcs get alerted and I killed him and capture him without detection but my quest still not completed. I guess it's because they get alerted after target start running. So if anyone finished that quest, can someone explain me how to do it?

That's because the Act ask for an exterminate mission, not a capture. Read it again.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fairwing said:

The challenge I have the most issue with is fighting 3 silver grove guardians.  The amount of time required to gather the resources required to make the apothics, combined with the rng as whether the silver grove spawns in the map, is an excessive grind.  Maybe allow helios or oxylus to scan flowers beyond just filling up codex?

The Silver Grove was fun for me. It has something fantasy and I like it a lot. It is easy to find it out because it is always in the maps at night and you can also bring 3 apothics of the same type and spawn 3 specter all in the same mission. What I don't like is the multyplayer because other players run like crazy and don't have the patience to find it out. Some don't want to share the thing... And also for the plants, is better to go alone collecting them. Most people only run, run, run, and if they don't find what they are looking for, they want to end the mission and start another one immediately. Is boring to play this way imho. The game now works better solo or with friends. Playing with random players is basically gone with the alerts. It would be nice if it was possible to leave the team like in the Plains or Vallis without interrupting the mission. Just break away from a group if you don't like it or get bored of them. Like: "🖕 you all, I go my own way".

Edit: the Silver Grove can also be found during day time.

Edited by KroneVanguard

55 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

That's because the Act ask for an exterminate mission, not a capture. Read it again.

It was capture for my language before, I checked it now again and it seems like fixed :u 🤯

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, xwerswoodx said:

Of course this week is very challenge... Catching rare fish is the hardest quest of the Warframe, it takes 30 seconds from your life, searching 6 rare stones in fortuna? Of course it's really hard to find them, takes max 5 minutes to get them. Searching that unnecessary and stupid flowers, mosses, frostleafs are really challenge too, takes 1 hour to get every materials to craft potion, and it takes just 5 mins to finish 3 silver grove quest. Killing 30 eximus is one of the hardest challenge, it takes 5 mins to finish. And I can't tell any word for 3 capture mission, you know how hard they are.

I actually enjoied all of this week challenges and is one of the first time I've completed all of them, I think. I've also met one of those funny NPCs and he helped me during the mobile defense in the sortie while the other players ran and bounced all over the map like mads as always.

Edited by KroneVanguard

yesterday (speaking in server days) we had no daily, instead we got 6 weekly's i'd assume thats a bug....

On 2019-07-09 at 1:53 PM, Kylo. said:

Some Ideas for Challenges:

Kill Thumper
Kill Exploiter
Do x mission on y planet
Kill x Faction Enemies
Kill x Sentients on Lua
Kill x of specific enemy
x Waves Defence in an Arbitration
x Minutes Survival in Arbitration
x Intercepted Messages in Arbitration
x Relics cracked in one mission
Kill x enemies above Level 50
Kill x enemies above Level 75
Kill x enemies above Level 100

I love how everything except "Do x mission on y planet", "Kill x Faction Enemies", "Kill x of specific enemy" will prolly be an Elite Weekly act in the eyes of DE. Bacause it's "Hard" you know... LMAO

I don't understand the Silver Grove complaints

It's marked as an elite challenge, so already worth 7K - and took me 15min (would take maybe 30min if I had to go to another planet) to get enough for six of the apothics

Just choose the easiest (Twilight) and chill

People are at the point where it's "I HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME!?!?!?! WTF DE!!!" and people complain about having to do things they don't want to; no one forces you, I don't want to do Invasions, Ghouls, etc so I happily ignore them. But if I want the rewards from them I know I can do them.

The game isn't designed around what you want and I think this is a great way to get you to experience more of the game. These are challenges; meant to make you set out to do something you might not WANT to, but you do for a reward you want.

I will say three forma is getting rough, as you reach the point where there's nothing left to forma - so it'll become "Well, I guess I will have a forma weapon", and it actually would just make more sense to have me pay three forma for whatever amount of standing then.

I do have one small request - please, please make use of Lua more. It's so tragic the only reason to go there is for sortie, it's such a cool place without any incentive to go there. You make the Void appealing via new prime relics, maybe Lua could be similar for Nightwave.

And the same goes for the single node modes; you've several modes which only exist as a single node, people make use of them. It's such a shame to see you spend time on a brand new mode, have it be on a single node and then never see it again (Infested Salvage and Disruption for instance)

Could even be a bi-weekly challenge to do one of each game mode (on ground, as that Pursuit Node is janky at best)

58 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

I don't understand the Silver Grove complaints

It's marked as an elite challenge, so already worth 7K - and took me 15min (would take maybe 30min if I had to go to another planet) to get enough for six of the apothics

Gonna be noob here, but how do we defeat the specters if we already completed the quest?

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Ultimaknight said:

Gonna be noob here, but how do we defeat the specters if we already completed the quest?

You just make more apothics and load into an Earth mission 🙂

The Twilight variant has very simple items, so my recommendation unless you also want to get specific loot from a specter.

The shrine isn't a 100% spawn, but it's no way near rare - I'd say it's a spawn 9/10 times.

9 hours ago, Fairwing said:

Find a squad and share apothics. You should get credit for helping kill specters summoned by others' apothics.

I say "should" because I was in a squad last night that killed three specters in one mission. Other members of the squad got credit for all three, but I got credit for only one, and that was before I even used my own apothic.

On 2019-07-09 at 1:53 PM, Kylo. said:

Kill Thumper
Kill Exploiter
Do x mission on y planet
Kill x Faction Enemies
Kill x Sentients on Lua
Kill x of specific enemy

Kill Thumper   [No]
Kill Exploiter    [No]
Do x mission on y planet  [Yes, max 3]
Kill x Faction Enemies      [Boring]
Kill x Sentients on Lua      [Boring]
Kill x of specific enemy     [Boring]
x Waves Defence in an Arbitration [No] Arbitration is there. Why should a content say: "play another content" ? What a yoke! 🤣
x Minutes Survival in Arbitration     [No]
x Intercepted Messages in Arbitration  [No]
x Relics cracked in one mission  [Super mega boring multiplied for ∞ and again]
Kill x enemies above Level 50    [No]
Kill x enemies above Level 75    [No]
Kill x enemies above Level 100   [No]

On 2019-07-09 at 6:53 AM, Kylo. said:

Kill Thumper
Kill Exploiter
Do x mission on y planet
Kill x Faction Enemies
Kill x Sentients on Lua
Kill x of specific enemy

I'm afraid those are not good challenges to have.

Nightwave challenges should be very 'general'. Like 'Kill 500 enemies'.

• Upvote 2

General Guidelines (Do's and Don'ts) for Good ACTS, given their place in the game and their rewards:

• Can be done before having access to Operator. (Requiring the Operator will make a newbie go google what this is, and spoil it... besides, these things replaced alerts, and are mainly beneficial to new players. If you want something geared toward vets, this (acts) isn't the place.)
  • Do not require spending strategic resources on demand, instead of when beneficial to player. (Just, no: This means Gilding (gone), Forma, even Silver Grove Keys)
  • Does not discourage using resources to fulfill personal goals / stockpiling and waiting for the act to be rewarding before actually playing the game. (Ayatans, Forma, Silver Grove Keys)
  • Each act can be completed in one day, 2 maximum. (for weekend warriors to have a fair shot - 3+ sorties is pushing the limits here, as well as Forma and their build times)
  • Does not suffer from intentional player griefing tactics. (where one person can cause failure of the objective, especially over long periods of time... life support towers in kuva survival... really? someone didn't think that one through.)
  • Can be done solo.
  • Does not "force" spending Plat. (requiring building a weapon/robotic/frame/amp or needing Riven slots - thus Sorties can be a pain for people locked out due to max rivens)
  • Can be done in most nodes (unless node-specific, like Infested Salvage and Disruption - but these aren't really good for acts either, IMO)
  • Is flexible with completion state. (PoE bounties counted by stages, rather than full bounties completed; ESO rounds completed not being in one go, but each one counts toward the goal; 3 individual rounds of the Index with the enemies not scoring, not in a row.)

I mean, that leaves plenty of creative freedom in options for acts, but overall, I'd aim the acts toward some sort of story-linked goal, so completing the acts MEANS something. With Season 1 as a frame of reference, Spy missions, Captures, Interceptions, Defections, could be tied into the story of tracking down fugitives and using the information we gain to hunt down the Wolf, leading to an assassination mission. Completing the acts associated with these themed missions would reward one with cred in a far more cohesive whole, and would actually make sense.

I don't know exactly where Season 2 is headed in this regard, but we'll likely be hunting down these Ancient Infested Healers based on Arlo's devotees/zealots/etc. I can think of a whole host of possible acts related to this, that would make a whole lot more sense than the mish-mash of PS4 Achievements that have been brought in-game to earn cred with Ms.Radio person.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, (PS4)Ultimaknight said:

Also adding on to what DeZaruu already said, the grove is a random chance to spawn, but there's a higher chance in longer missions (size, not duration). I barely ever find it in the early exterminate because it's so short, but I pretty much always find it in the sabotage. Just equip an apothic, then search around each room, avoid the objective until you're in its room so you know which way you haven't gone yet and once you enter the room that links up with the grove, Lotus will announce its presense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SnowWarFr said:

Nightwave challenges should be very 'general'. Like 'Kill 500 enemies'.

How exactly is fishing/mining in Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon general?

It's not if it's telling us to obtain rare gems or fishes. If it rewards for mining/fishing anything, that would be general It is more likely encouraging players to hoard resources. People would think of it as less arduous to complete.