Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Nightwave Changes for Series 2

SilverBones

So I'm not a fan of the new setup, less challenges worth more standing to be specific. It's like the exact opposite of what I was hoping for. More challenges maybe not all not worth as much but with a greater variety to choose from.

And also my primary problem with the system, the time limit. Reverse the time limit to a challenge cooldown. Have lots of challenges available that on completion have a cooldown until you can repeat/swap challenges. You can group similar challenges so players can't abuse the easy ones (only being able to do 2 of the 7 elemental challenges per 3 days that sort of thing) but I don't think that's necessary either it just means you can get through the system when you want rather than needing to play specifially in the last weeks in order to complete it. (The recover challenge system favors playing near the end of nightwave cycle because you can't recover old challenges that haven't happened yet) so you could potentially catch up (which is good), but only if you are playing late in  the nightwave cycle. If you had time at the start of the cycle but not at the end you're just screwed.

As it is I have felt more pressure to do all of the challenges and challenges I'm not into rather than feel more rewarded by the challenges. The standing re-balance didn't really work imo.

My previous feedback for reference, My thoughts remain the same:

Spoiler
On 2019-04-30 at 1:16 PM, Sasuda said:

A few ways I'd do this:
- Have all of the weekly challenges available every week, or at least a enough that players don't need to do them all to gain enough rep/time. Same thing with dailies put out at least 3 daily challenges a day. So players can choose whichever ones they want to suit them best, or they happen to have more time they can do more of the 5,000 rep challenges. This also makes it a lot easier to group a few challenges together and then have a couple days where you don't have as much time to play less stressful.
- The other thing would be since all of the challenges are available, they don't really need have deadlines. If you only killed 100/150 eximus that week, you don't have to rush to finish it. Instead Daily/Weekly is a measure of when you can redo the challenge to gain the rep.

Actually 1 other thing would be to rebalance the rep a bit. The hour long challenges could be worth 10,000 and 15,000 with a friend. I like being encouraged to play with a friend, not required.
Also can we get the ability to play sorties that just don't reward Rivens. I'm not really looking for Rivens and I'm not throwing away Rivens I've invested in just so I can play the Sorties.
- Or rework Sorties rewards to Wolf Credits and Make each Sortie stage worth 15/25/50 Wolf Creds.

Adding some of the rep/standing rewards as Wolf Cred rewards might also be nice. Each rep/standing level should all reward some wolf creds in addition to the 50 cred stages. The 15 wolf creds Per rep stage after you finish should eith be in a 15/25/50 rotation, or just be at least 30 wolf creds

The old every mission had a little challenge for Affinity could be added in but reward a small amount of rep, ex get 30 kills, 20 secondary kills, or 10 headshots. I think those were easy to accomplish for new players and could help making it feel a little less grindy. I personally like the current challenges, just would like them to be not as timer based as my previous post entails, which may also help the beginner cases.

If all challenges are always available and on completion, refreshed 1 week or 3 days after you complete them rather than having a time limit where they reset to different challenges I think they are a lot more reasonable for new players. That way even if you only have gotten 1 elemental mod you at least have 1 challenge you could reasonably complete regularly for rep.

And then to counteract the still low rep earned having the mini-challenge per mission with say 150 rep.

Nightwave is bugged. I cannot earn "Earth miner" reward - my progress is stuck on 0/6 but I've mined many great gems. Game also seems to cheat because it was 5 minute task before with sunpoint plasma drill but now I do not get ANY good rewards from mining - I can only mine basic stones. Only way to get gems now is to aim at this small zone to get gem as bonus - 2nd stone. But you cannot mine good gems as basic reward...

Maybe this is why challenge is not progressing - because I am getting gems as bonuses, not as basic rewards from mining? But if I remember correctly it did not matter before - game also counted bonus gems, from accuracy rewards.

Update: quest seems to have fixed itself. After entering plains again in public (not friends only as before) it is working correctly. Drops are also better - it is now possible to get good gems from ordinary mining, not only from "bonus zones".

To be frankly honest, I think it would be great if we can get a list of the previous Nightwave missions in like another tab/section so we can see what we all missed.

This will more then likely alleviate some of the currently existing issues still present in Nightwave. This will also help players "Catch up faster"  to some degree as we can choose as the player, what to complete after we finish our weekly's, assuming if we missed multiple weeks of Nightwave during that series. This helps greatly as we are not just limited to Just three recovered Missions that I assume are recovered at random from the ones missed, Correct me if i am mistaken here, clarification is this part would help as I don't know how the recovered part works exactly to be honest.

This kinda helps some players (Myself included) from doing three acts that have been recovered that we just straight up don't like doing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Le 08/08/2019 à 12:58, WarcellPrime a dit :

You should definitely give players ability to dismiss restored act (so game can restore something else instead). I am stuck with "win 3 wagers in a row without letting enemy score" task which is impossible to complete without friends (noone likes index and people on chat do not care). I had some other tasks that I could complete (which I missed too) but I am stuck with this terrible index quest forever, because it is restored every week for me.

P.S. Restoration should be instant - after finishing last quest, so players do not have to get back to orbiter to get quest restored.

Being stuck with challenges we don't want to do is definitely an issue since all challenges aren't meant to be done. Dismiss shouldn't be an option though cause i'm already seeing people complaining about mistakes. ^ ^

Thanks DE.

I am not salty about the riven disposition changes.  (I was before in the previous riven disposition changes because I had become so attached to my rivens to an unhealthy extent. 

I've stopped obsessing about kuva runs now, and that's been a good thing.)

I'm happy with how you listen to the community and makes changes with consideration based on the tremendous amount of input.

Thanks for providing me with so much entertainment. 

My sole motivation to grind the Nightwave Series 2: The Emissary event was all the Infested gear. That alone made it not feel like too much of a chore (but even then, most of the time I'm more likely to do some of the weekly acts because someone else needs help doing it). Now that I have my gorgeous Infested gear, I'm happily back to my usual grind, except that my Operator is now more appropriately appareled, and my 'Frames not only ooze ephemeral biological gunk, but also exhibit a hefty new appendage that is quite just as remarkably beautiful as it is ingeniously fashionable. I sometimes take leave of my immediate senses during battle to gawk at, and drool over, my Operator's visceral new garb! And it surely was worth every expenditure of Nidus' Undying Mutation Stacks, for which my beloved Maggots rejoice!

I must say that, thematically, this is probably going to be my most favourite Nightwave Series - simply due to the Infestation. I am a devout acolyte of Arlo and I hope that the Infestation spreads everywhere, quickly. It will make the universe a better place, one meandering hive-minded husk at a time; may we all transcend our existentially and epistemically contemporary, needy, crippled, conviction-less, inconsiderate, mortal imperatives and simultaneously become one and none with eternity and with harmony, to once again invigourate the status quo that was always meant to be when embracing the timeless bonds between pathogen and host!

I am so thankful that the developers did this. This brought to me some genuine excitement in between my otherwise ordinary day-to-day living. One can only crash and eviscerate so many Corpus corporate conferences and consume so many corpses before yearning for the more exotic among cuisines. Glory to Arlo! Hail to Lephantis! Bravo to DE!

• 1 month later...

one idea is to add several genre of music and alerts which  can mean that the navigation's map gets some nice update, and features are added to the orbiter areas where players spend 70% of their game,

they log in and are instantly at their small ships, often a MSQ or Story detail sets in the pace for the tenno to do something, but overall they should just be helping other players and joining other missions across the replay, but are discouraged by the predictable elements of some areas: which can be fixed by expanding the open areas which the players can use at missions there is alot of limitations and rushing to get the goal done, but no room for exploration or scanning, and much is still confusing or complicated, you gonna need to at least add more music and loading / orbiter upgrades until the relays get new NPC and log-in areas and rework on the syndical loot, to set the mood for fortuna and the planet the player is hovering, and a special weather can mean that some treasure hunting is different, the excavators work quicker and there are new enemies and music for combat in each challenge, there are no ways to cheat the system, you do the bounties she gives you points, the red guys or assassin's did not give out any interesting blueprints or weapons, only a few wolf-creds, so they were COMPLETELY OPTIONAL but VERY INTRIGUING because they were great fighters, but nora did not have a great reward for defeating them, even if you scanned them they had nothing particular, you just see +200 points , so instead we could get tenno parts and points and other random mods which are corrupted, BAD rivens and tainted resources which can be taken to the foundry to clean up or used to upgrade older warframes and weapons, which can complete the system across the star chart for nora' s vigilantes and their competition, which reminds me i think the index and corpus enemies should be spreading their techno teachings and gear / mods / loot out in other spaces and planets missions and relays , wether good or bad to keep us motivated, seing the skaters from the index dont got great armor for fighting or features so they easily blowup, they should carry a radio and give out credits if they were indeed spies, or drop keys and treasure were to find a reason to scan them without it being a requirement for bounties, just a active scannin system with rewards and parts which could mean that each faction can get their own kit-inspired blueprints or toys without the players joining a faction.

doing open world missions and traveling to other planets seems pointless if the enemies are the same but nora should be encouraging players to be be savages and to also visit the cities and towns, without it consuming a daily bountie and offer up some short music preview and motivation for those areas, maybe informants could be in the works, and some BGMs and warframes that are inspired by nightwave and music, so Octavia Prime comes out with the nightwave, and regular players who just get started playin get a new music weapon or waarframe who can use sounds and such magic eventually the syndicates should cut in with offers and rewards to make the nav/ wolf / and loot interesting more than just points , we had devotees those were cool but they kinda naked, i would love the fortuna map to gain some other rework and music, etc.

• 10 months later...

I'm having allot of trouble figuring out how to even start the emissary missions?? Can anyone break it down for me? Like if I go to the tune in to see all the different series, it won't let me click on the emissary to even see the missions to earn the credits? It just keeps playing the videos over and over, I've already watched every single one of them so I'm kinda stuck on what to do to get access to see the emissary missions.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)IMABEMEOUTLAW said:

I'm having allot of trouble figuring out how to even start the emissary missions?? Can anyone break it down for me? Like if I go to the tune in to see all the different series, it won't let me click on the emissary to even see the missions to earn the credits? It just keeps playing the videos over and over, I've already watched every single one of them so I'm kinda stuck on what to do to get access to see the emissary missions.

Oh wow you are ten months late.

NightWave is a time-limited series of stories and missions. Once they are gone, they are gone. The reason you can't access them is because they are over.

The only thing that remains of the Emissary missions is the Zealoid Prelate, who was the boss introduced for that NW. You can fight him on Deimos and get his weapon, the Pathocyst.

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Oh wow you are ten months late.

NightWave is a time-limited series of stories and missions. Once they are gone, they are gone. The reason you can't access them is because they are over.

The only thing that remains of the Emissary missions is the Zealoid Prelate, who was the boss introduced for that NW. You can fight him on Deimos and get his weapon, the Pathocyst.

Okay just wasn't sure if you were still able to access it since it's there and still allows you to watch the videos. 

Archived