Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Nightwave Changes for Series 2

SilverBones

3 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

2) Degrindification!

The overarching plan here is to reduce the amount of Acts offered in any given week, but maintain the Standing rewards they provide. 

Series 1 has 7 Weekly Acts and 3 Elite Weekly Acts. Series 2 will be reduced to 5 Weekly Acts and 2 Elite Weekly Acts. While there will be less Acts overall, the rewards for these Acts will increase, so you will earn the same amount of Standing as you would in the previous Episode upon completion. We are also looking at front-loading more Cred with the next Series to increase the initial amount of Creds received for participating! 

Less acts with higher standing means that for every mission we can not or choose not to do we end up losing a larger portion of the available pool of weekly standing. 

As it stands now if a player skips/can't do an elite challenge they lose 5k of 42k, in the next version you will lose 7.5k (extrapolated). 

The approach you have taken to 'fix' the issue of the grind is actually going to make it so we're 'forced' into doing missions we might have skipped previously because of the amount of standing it represents.  'Forcing' players to do things they don't want to do is not reducing the grind... it would have been much better to keep the old number of acts and either increase their individual reward value so 300k is achieved easier or keep the existing values but reduce the overall amount needed to below the current 300k.

3) Changes to Existing Acts!

• 'With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely
  • Change 'Complete 5 Sorties' Elite Weekly to 'Complete 3 Sorties' 
  • Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes
  • Ayatan Socket requirement for Acts lowered from 5 to 3
  • ‘10 perfect conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect conservations’ 
  • ‘10 Bounties’ reduced to ‘5 different Bounties’ 
  • Increase the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds 

Notice there are no changes to acts where we need to gild a weapon, add forma or syndicate missions...  I have NO more items to gild so anything I gild will be something I've already done before and have NO NEED FOR, not to mention a waste of resources, time and standing.  I don't have anything at the moment I necessarily want to add forma to either so again another 'waste' of my forma.  

I have 4 syndicates at or close to max, I have pretty much everything they offer (from all 6 syndicates, I've actually levelled all 6 myself) so it's not like I even have anything to spend my existing standing on...

I just love doing things for NO REASON but now with the increased standing value of these missions I am likely going to be 'forced' into doing them.

Also not sure the ayatan to 3 is going to make a huge difference in the grand scheme of the things and I'm not sure about others but I hardly have a reason to bother with sanctuary (I still need some vandal parts but just don't enjoy it enough to care) so increasing it to 8 rounds is making it worse imo. 

1) Playing Catch-Up: Stored, Missed Acts!

snip

So we need to complete everything in a week to get access to the catchups from last week...  will this be more than just the previous weeks acts, ie if we've missed say week 1, but done 2 and 3, will week 1 be available at week 3 or later?

4) New Acts!

Daily

• Find 5 Syndicate Medallions 
  • Transmute 12 Mods 

Weekly  

• Complete 3 different K-Drive races in Orb Vallis 

Elite Weekly

• Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.

Syndicate medallions - see above about forced participation even though we have no need for it...

Transmute 12 mods - the players that would actually want/need to do this will likely be new and have no credits... for a high MR player (like me) there is pretty much zero reason to transmute mods so we're just wasting a source of endo which can be important to us

K-drives - so this is how you 'fix' us using the k-drive more often... can you maybe fix the collision box on the k-drives then if you're going to 'force' us to use them.

Spy mission using the operator - really our warframe can't leave the spawn room when there are parts of the maps where the operator just can't go.. yep makes perfect sense. 

5) The Emissary

Of course, a new Series means a new Nightwave Story. We don't want to spoil too much, but we will be also changing up the way the story interacts with the world. Episode 2 will have more interactivity with the players in new ways, expanding out and growing as the Episode progresses. We are excited for you to see what you make of this new story!

I hope if this has a new mini boss it spawns more frequently and doesn't require specific setups just to fight him/her and nothing else like the wolf.

The only "concern" I have is the fact that any feedback given to changes directly in a dev workshop thread has no direct bearing on changing content presented in said dev workshop thread before it gets released less than two weeks later.

Arbitration workshop proves this concern to be true.

Lol

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

When both Weekly and Elite Weekly Acts are completed for a week, a ‘missed’ Act from a previous week will be available to play and complete. Once you have completed all ‘missed’ Acts, they will no longer appear, only to be refreshed in the next week’s rotation.

Not too sure about having to do both the weekly and elite weekly to get a single missed act. Instead, how about doing all current weeklys gets a previously missed weekly, and doing all elite weeklys gets a missed elite weekly?

2) Degrindification!

Series 1 has 7 Weekly Acts and 3 Elite Weekly Acts. Series 2 will be reduced to 5 Weekly Acts and 2 Elite Weekly Acts.

Nice. Less time spent having to tick off a checklist of things to do. Still stuff to do, but its now A thing to do rather than THE thing to do in a playsession.

• 10 perfect conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect conservations’ 

Good all around, although I'm curious about the "different" part in the bounties and conservations.

This, along with the forma and gilding challenges - and the new transmute challenge further down, should not be challenges. Each one requires preparation and holding off on doing a part of the game until the challenges become ready.

4) New Acts!

Daily

• Deploy an Air Support Charge in a mission 
  • Pet your Kubrow or Kavat (Very Important)
  • Weekly  

• Complete 3 Kuva Siphon Missions 

No strong feelings either way about these.

Except the kubrow/kavat one. That is gold. Could MOAs also count as they are pet-able too?

• Elite Weekly

• Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room

Okay, THIS sounds like fun. More challenges like this please

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Bear:

Increase the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds

Oh thank [DE]-ness, being left alone after wave 3 was really depressing.

How about a permanent repeatable act? A single act which receives a new task every time it has been finished, but with reduced standing gain? Resets daily.

Can we tune down Nora's frequency? She shouldn't tell Tenno to be badass when they've just played a Glyph in a teammates face. I'd rather have her talk only if one finishes a Weekly/Elite or defeats a Nightwave specific Miniboss, like the Wolf. His henchmen are not worth taking note every time they spawn. I do know that "hide minor transmissions" exists, but I don't want to squelch the Lotus (except when I need to find more Reactant)

Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.

This things seems super fun and really a challenge.. I would like to see more of these kind of challenges.. they are different way of playing  😄

but...

"Complete 3 different K-Drive races in Orb Vallis  ...

NO JUST NO..

@[DE]Bear Can your team also remove the gilding and formaing challenge which is both new player unfriendly and have no use for the "forma'ing" veterans like who already forma'd everything and have nothing to do with that challenge

"6 different perfect conservations" ... Also no.. I wont try to capture different species for the sake of it.. i have no interest in all of that and make the thing longer

"5 different bounties" ... is not really reducing the grind at all.. If people were spamming Profit taker phase 2 for vallis bounties it could have been done under 30 minutes.. now with this change it gonna take a lot longer..

But the thing is, is I don't really want to buy wolf beacons with the currency from the next season just for a chance at getting what I need. Unless it's a one-buy sorta deal. I would just buy the wolf sledge if I had the mask honestly. Please DE don't nerf his spawn to the ground and make me have to spend the new currency on beacons for him. Other wise I like a lot of these changes for the most part. 

Increase the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds

Everything is decreasing, why increase this one?

Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.

Do you remember that previously alert can be accessed by low MR players too? So again this nightwave seems totally newbie unfriendly.

we will be also changing up the way the story interacts with the world.

Remember, the more nightwave series in the future, the more clustered the whole starchart will be, if this is to be the case.

Lastly, why are you guys holding back Hildryn's alternate helmet from appear in Nora's ware???

Elite Weekly

Amazing. We need MORE like this. Extermination, Sabotage, would work well.

I see "The Rule of 3" is being embraced. Amazing!!

The only one that worries me because the Landing Craft Segment is not readily available. It's locked behind clan research/the market & requires resources that new players aren't able to easily acquire.

58 minutes ago, Neo_Ganryu said:

I'm honestly a little apprehensive about this one. I feel like there'd be a lot of people complaining about this if they're not very skilled at playing the game in Operator mode or haven't really worked on unlocking everything for the Operator. It might give more incentive to actually work on unlocking things for the Operator, but it might also push people away if they don't have the time to actually work on grinding that out. If the idea of making this less of a grind is the intention, you're kind of forcing more of a grind into this as well for some players with a challenge like this.

So in preparation for the challenge, I tried to accomplish this with a basic Operator with ungilded Mote Amp, all Focus upgrades off (including Waybounds) and no Arcanes. 

The video below is the result: 

Does need a bit of practice I admit, since I'm already well versed in Spy missions already, and I even played around at times, but it's perfectly doable with an Operator with zero upgrade effort put on them. 

11 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Room as in tile, or room as in the platform they spawn on? Cause Pluto's starting room (the wide open one in the field) is pretty big, and the platform you spawn on leaves the frame wide open.

Why would this be an issue? Your Warframe is invulnerable to damage while your Operator's out. 

Just now, LGear said:

Why would this be an issue? Your Warframe is invulnerable to damage while your Operator's out. 

Alarms. Last thing the glass cannon operators need is the enemies looking for them.

Also, what? When did that happen? I used to do Oceanum with my operator in the past, but eventually stopped cause the Corpus kept finding and killing my Loki while I was on the other end of the map, so I kept on having to retrace my steps after reviving, which was kinda annoying.

Please for the love of Thor no more k drive stuff. I refuse to use them for the mear fact that just the act of riding one does not give you mastery.

I hate that I have to play Tony hawk to get experience. I have yet to level my first one because it takes forever to gain experience. 

The races I have tried suck using a controller on xb1.

Other than that this next wave looks to be a lot more enjoyable

1 minute ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

Please for the love of Thor no more k drive stuff. I refuse to use them for the mear fact that just the act of riding one does not give you mastery.

I hate that I have to play Tony hawk to get experience. I have yet to level my first one because it takes forever to gain experience. 

The races I have tried suck using a controller on xb1.

Other than that this next wave looks to be a lot more enjoyable

I can sympathize with the controller issues, as I utilize controller most of the time on PC as well. I am pretty sure my 'A' button and left stick button are partially broken due to trying to rank up Vent kid standing.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

So is forma.  That still didn't turn out very well.

A lot of us are trying to preempt future complaints in our feedback.

The difference between Forma and Credits/Mods is that the former is something you have to actively pursue somewhat, since you do need to visit specific missions like Void Fissures to get them, and you usually only get the blueprint which you have to gather more resources for in order to build it. On the other hand, you literally can get Credits and Mods just by playing the game. 

8 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Alarms. Last thing the glass cannon operators need is the enemies looking for them.

Also, what? When did that happen? I used to do Oceanum with my operator in the past, but eventually stopped cause the Corpus kept finding and killing my Loki while I was on the other end of the map, so I kept on having to retrace my steps after reviving, which was kinda annoying.

The spawning tiles for the Corpus Outpost though are so large and filled with hiding spots that you can just hide your Warframe someplace and nobody will be able to see it. 

Also, Warframes have been invulnerable to damage with your Operator out since Update 22, aka since they introduced the Plains of Eidolon back in 2017. Relevant bit: 

When in Operator mode, Warframes now have a 90% damage reduction from enemies if an ability is active during Transference. If no ability is active during Transference, you Warframe is invulnerable and untargetable.

'With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely

Yayfications! \(O_O)/

Transmute 12 Mods 

So you mean Transmute 3 times (12 mods sacrificed)? Or transmute 12 mods as in 12 times? The later is rather costy.

4) New Acts!

Daily

• Transmute 12 Mods 
  • Pet your Kubrow or Kavat (Very Important)

Weekly  

• Complete 3 Kuva Siphon Missions 

Elite Weekly

These and the vast majority of the changes proposed are all fantastic. I have to say I'll be looking forward to next season if all these changes go through.

I think dropping the total time for the survival missions was not quite the right move. Personally I have no problem with running 60 minutes (or more) of survival cumulatively over a week. It's doing them all in a single sitting that was unreasonable. 

The only reason I'll root for the operator weekly is so that more people get exposed to how horrible operator gameplay feels. I hate the "utility" purpose which operators have been relegated to when IMO they should be a power spike for starchart players or enemy resistance stripping mechanic (need more enemies with "kuva guardian" type resistance) that allows players who just completed TSD to take on enemies far stronger than they should be able to (and later on as the player maxes out more mods their weapons catch up to operator DPS). Basic operator movement is slow, the control for slide is completely unintuitive being on "shift" instead of holding "ctrl", the loss of melee ground slam means we have to rely completely on void dash to properly position (especially in this case when we cannot swap back to warframe), etc.

have you ever thought about splitting the star chart into tiers for nightwave acts? what I see at the moment is, when there is a "play 3 sabotage missions" or something similar, that many ppl just play the sabotage mission in low levels and are done with it.

maybe change it so that the first 3-4 planets are t1, the second 3-4 t2 and the rest t3? and then adjust the standing you get from them accordingly. maybe 3 t1 sabotage missions will give you 500 standing, 3 t2 sabotage missions will give you 1k and 3 t3 will give you 1.5k. (when you finish e.g. 3 t2 missions, the other ones (t1 + t3) disappear from the nightwave screen).

also would it make it easier for new players to get at least some standing without rushing through the star chart.

Some nice changes, some not so nice...

Hey Dreamers!

A while back we posted requesting feedback on Nightwave Episode 1: The Wolf of Saturn 6. Now we are putting that feedback into action for Series 2 and we wanted to share our progress! You can find that original thread here:

It feels like you just skimmed it, since a lot of issues aren't really addressed... But lets go for the proposed changes:

To recap, we already had feedback on the Atayan Statues and RNG, challenges with friends, and how Survival challenges were too long for one sitting. On that note, we have been compiling further feedback from that thread and through other sources, and have come up with some new changes to be implemented in Series 2 of Nightwave.

Again, back then, these were the smallest of the issues, like how the creds reduced opportunity for rewards instead of increasing, and other issues about how Nightwave isn't really replacing many of the functions of Alerts.

The biggest change we wanted to announce was the addition of a system which allows you to play missed Acts after you have completed the current Acts for your given week. This will only apply to Weekly and Elite Weekly Acts.  

When both Weekly and Elite Weekly Acts are completed for a week, a ‘missed’ Act from a previous week will be available to play and complete. Once you have completed all ‘missed’ Acts, they will no longer appear, only to be refreshed in the next week’s rotation.

Will all acts be available one at a time? Or will it only be one act a week? Also will daily acts also be recoverable? Or just weekly? If you want a true catch-up, everything needs to be brought back.

2) Degrindification!

The overarching plan here is to reduce the amount of Acts offered in any given week, but maintain the Standing rewards they provide. 

Series 1 has 7 Weekly Acts and 3 Elite Weekly Acts. Series 2 will be reduced to 5 Weekly Acts and 2 Elite Weekly Acts. While there will be less Acts overall, the rewards for these Acts will increase, so you will earn the same amount of Standing as you would in the previous Episode upon completion. We are also looking at front-loading more Cred with the next Series to increase the initial amount of Creds received for participating!

Not sure about this change, the number of acts was never the issue, and you might end up with having people with LESS objectives to do now that there's no Alerts and even less Acts. The main issue with acts were not only some being disproportionate in terms of difficulty/work to reward, but that some make no sense. (like asking 3 Forma to be spent to gain the equivalent to less than 1/3 of a 3 Forma reward. Sure that'll change in the future with the act being worth more, but it doesn't feel like it'll be enough anyhow.

Give a flat cred amount per tier (10-15) instead of having tiers just for cred. Front-loading creds might just make people that have no use for them lose interest sooner.

1. 'With Clanmates / Friends' Act requirements have been removed completely
  2. Change 'Complete 5 Sorties' Elite Weekly to 'Complete 3 Sorties' 
  3. Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes
  4. Ayatan Socket requirement for Acts lowered from 5 to 3
  5. ‘10 perfect conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect conservations’ 
  6. ‘10 Bounties’ reduced to ‘5 different Bounties’ 
  7. Increase the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds
  1. To me, personally, this only became an issue after Nightwave started, because Nightwave caused everyone to start playing less.
  2. Seems fair.
  3. I would rather have the 60 minutes non-consecutive (as in play 3x 20 minutes, or 6x 10 minutes) than this. And i feel like most people would feel the same way. This way it caters to both audiences, the "hardcore" players still get their 60 minute challenge, and the "casuals" can cut that time to smaller, more manageable chunks.
  4. Should be 1, max 2, that's how many are available weekly to all players with 100% certainty (unless you fail the mission).
  5. Idk about the "different" modifier, because we have no control over what spawns, so this seems it'll be more work than just 10 (especially with 3x pobbers being doable in 1 sitting).
  6. Kind of the same as #5, but worse, does this mean we'll have to do all 5 difficulties? Not everyone can do that.
  7. Sure, but why? I thought the point would be to be less grindy. Ok, as someone that does those a lot, it cna be annoying when people leave at 3 because of the challenge, but it's not like people don't leave at weird rotations (like at 1, for example) without the challenges.

You forgot to mention the Kuva Survival? Does it change? Also, the 3 Forma, the Gild items (i'm running out of items to Gild, and 3k Standing doesn't justify making a new modular item, and levelling it even once to 30). You also didn't mention the 40 wave defenses? Steve said in the Devstream those would be cut to 20, is that still on?

4) New Acts!

Daily

1. Find 5 Syndicate Medallions 
  2. Transmute 12 Mods 
  3. Deploy an Air Support Charge in a mission 
  4. Pet your Kubrow or Kavat (Very Important

Weekly  

1. Complete 3 Kuva Siphon Missions 
  2. Complete 3 different K-Drive races in Orb Vallis 

Elite Weekly

1. Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.

Daily:

1. Sure, i guess...
  2. No, just NO! Not as a daily, and especially not that many. Again, you're not thinking on edge cases, new players won't have that kind of resources, and even some older might just endo all their repeats. This is not something people should be having to do for 1000 standing, or whatever the new reward might be...
  3. Same as #2, this is something not everyone has or wants to have access to. Air support charges are useless, and forcing people to spend resources on something useless is not ok.
  4. Nice touch! I like this one, kind of the opposite side of the spectrum from the previous two, but still, not very engaging in terms of gameplay. If the goal of Nightwave is for people to have something to do when they don't have any short term goals, this isn't going to help with that.

Weekly:

1. Not great, but not too bad either.
  2. Why? Again the different. Seriously, it's not fun having to comb around the Vallis for a "different" race.

Elite Weekly:
I personally like this one, having done this a few times, lets just hope we don't have to do it in a 30+ level, cause that would suck.

5) The Emissary

Of course, a new Series means a new Nightwave Story. We don't want to spoil too much, but we will be also changing up the way the story interacts with the world. Episode 2 will have more interactivity with the players in new ways, expanding out and growing as the Episode progresses. We are excited for you to see what you make of this new story!

Lets hope this time we actually have a story instead of 6 "cutscenes" that don't tell us anything. I'm still wondering why the hell have i been fighting the Wolf all the time before Alad V got his hands on him, and why wasn't the tenno that messed up the damn torturing Warden.

Can we please have those interactions as "Alert" type missions, like daily ones? Cause that would be the thing that actually replaces alerts.

6) The Wolf 

The Wolf will remain a threat, and his parts acquirable. When Nightwave Episode 1 concludes, the Wolf will become a random spawn with a small chance of appearing, which will grow as you take on higher level missions. Wolf Beacons will also be available and placed into the normal rotation of Nora Night’s wares. Wolf Creds will expire after Series 1 - spend them while it's active!

We would like to take a moment to thank you all for your collective feedback in the last thread, and as always, we continue to look for ways to improve this new system as it grows and progresses. Let us know your thoughts and your concerns, and as always, please keep your comments constructive and civil.

Thanks!

Expiring Creds = BAD! It's not like you're giving us tons, and not even giving us anything worthwhile. It would be best if i could save them instead of just buying Nitain i won't use, or Reactors i won't need, because the rest doesn't make sense to buy more than what i already have. Except Hyldrin's Alt helmet when it lands...
Thanks for not really listening to most of the complaints! (And that's a sarcastic remark, in case someone thinks it's genuine).
Also, lets hope you don't hamstring yourselves again with a simultaneous release which will imply we'll have to live another 3 months with the same mistakes on repeat, i'm pretty sure you won't lose even more players that way. (and yes that last part was also sarcastic)

I see a lot of great changes like the reduction of super long endless missions. Thanks for listening to our feedback.

However, I worry that the new challenge "Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room." is definitely going to spoil Operators and the Second Dream/The War Within for new players. Those quests were such a hype moment for me and it would be a real shame if players got those quests spoiled for them.

Maybe the challenge could be to complete a Spy mission without triggering alarms and without turning invisible. Other possible challenges could be to win an Interception round without losing a single point, complete a hijack mission without leaving the payload, play (not win) 3 games of Conclave, get X score on Flappy Zephyr/Wyrmius.

Seems like lots of good changes, guess we will see how it goes. The only two things where I see problems:

4 часа назад, [DE]Bear сказал:

Elite Weekly

It's quite weird that you are asking for this when we don't have an operator only game modes. Yet. I just can see some people screwing up because they pressed "return to Warframe" button by accident, similar to how some people screw up their Nightwave Kuva survival runs by reloading too close to the life-support. Muscle memory, you know.

4 часа назад, [DE]Bear сказал:

The Wolf will remain a threat, and his parts acquirable. When Nightwave Episode 1 concludes, the Wolf will become a random spawn with a small chance of appearing, which will grow as you take on higher level missions. Wolf Beacons will also be available and placed into the normal rotation of Nora Night’s wares.

Well I hope you fix him and his droptables then, because nobody likes to chomp through this bulletsponge for 5-20 minutes only to acquire Fever Strike. Not mentioning players who just NOPE out of the missions as soon as he spawns (not blaming them though, it's that bad sometimes).

I, personally, would like to see Wolf more as a Fomorian type of deal instead of assassin. Where you acquire key items from slain enemies (or something like that) and then go to his personal node to fight him, which could be his Saturn Six captura scene since right now it's just lying around doing nothing. Welp, just my 2 cents.

Archived