Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Wolf of Saturn Six Showdown!

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Reisbig2009 said:

Okay, I was confused because one moment I was getting parts one after the other and just now I was getting none. The inconsistency just made me curious. Thanks.

I too eperienced the same phenomenon lol. But managed to get the mask finally.

Only restating the official drop table.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Blueberry2006 said:

No.

Drop chance is about 35%.

35% on Mission one or random spawns, and 70% on mission two. That's the chance it'll roll a part, then each part has it's own chance, for example BP and motor are ~11% of 70% which means around 8% chance to drop one of those.

It’s like one final miserable FOMO shot from the Wolf. What a perfect way to cap off the first Nightwave sequence experience; a 3-day only time-limited chance to grind an ultra-rare boss for ultra-rare drops before he becomes less common than Stalker.

The upshot is, I actually like the new mission format of “kill all the enemies to advance”. This is the first time in a very long time that I haven’t just sped past every single enemy on the map on my way to the target. These sort of enemy-kill gates should be incorporated into more mission types. They’re more fun to run than friendship doors but provide a decent pooling-up effect that allows slower and newer players to catch up to a fast group.

48 minutes ago, RhythmScript said:

It’s like one final miserable FOMO shot from the Wolf. What a perfect way to cap off the first Nightwave sequence experience; a 3-day only time-limited chance to grind an ultra-rare boss for ultra-rare drops before he becomes less common than Stalker.

The upshot is, I actually like the new mission format of “kill all the enemies to advance”. This is the first time in a very long time that I haven’t just sped past every single enemy on the map on my way to the target. These sort of enemy-kill gates should be incorporated into more mission types. They’re more fun to run than friendship doors but provide a decent pooling-up effect that allows slower and newer players to catch up to a fast group.

Your life is going to get shattered when you realize you can bypass that requirement with Air supply drops from Liset...
The friendship doors however will muck that up and require you to backtrack and kill everything till the friendship door.
But yeah, i also liked the new map mechanic, good thing it can be bypassed, otherwise it would suck to farm the wolf 147 times on hard for the mask. But hey...

33 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Your life is going to get shattered when you realize you can bypass that requirement with Air supply drops from Liset...
The friendship doors however will muck that up and require you to backtrack and kill everything till the friendship door.
But yeah, i also liked the new map mechanic, good thing it can be bypassed, otherwise it would suck to farm the wolf 147 times on hard for the mask. But hey...

I know Ordis can skip it, I assume that will be fixed in future iterations (along with certain spawn-in problems). It’s also a little wonky because the map chain is inconsistent; sometimes it’s 10 rooms, sometimes it’s 2 rooms. Would be better to have a fixed number of these mandatory encounters per-mission (hard coded based on difficulty) and then have the locations be randomized along with the tileset. That way the pacing is more consistent.

Demo it in Capture missions, as a way of making them worth literally anything. But it would also provide a nice augment to Rescue missions. And more generally it would be a nice thing to have in addition to / in lieu of “hack the console!” when alarms are triggered on optional stealth missions.

Just now, RhythmScript said:

I know Ordis can skip it, I assume that will be fixed in future iterations (along with certain spawn-in problems). It’s also a little wonky because the map chain is inconsistent; sometimes it’s 10 rooms, sometimes it’s 2 rooms. Would be better to have a fixed number of these mandatory encounters per-mission (hard coded based on difficulty) and then have the locations be randomized along with the tileset. That way the pacing is more consistent.

Demo it in Capture missions, as a way of making them worth literally anything. But it would also provide a nice augment to Rescue missions. And more generally it would be a nice thing to have in addition to / in lieu of “hack the console!” when alarms are triggered on optional stealth missions.

There's nothing to be fixed, in fact it's an awesome thing, i've got 1800 mission hours in the game, and the first time i used an air support charge was for this mission.

That's a terrible thing to have in either rescue or capture... Seriously, of all the game modes you pick the two that have time limitations...
Assassinations makes sense to have this, as in it would be the target's security trying to stop you. Maybe exterminations, which would just add a new "clearing room by room" component to them.

Archived