Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.8.3

[DE]Megan

since the Flox Syandana just open by Damage it's wasted Plat - don't work for me - can you please change it back that it open by Jumping / Aimglide / Bulletjump - or can I refound it cause it won't work and is useless at the moment

and please give us the Option to use more RAM for faster Loading 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb inFAMOUS12829:

Please fix the melee system. I can't do combos or switch back to other weapons properly while using a controller on PC

For me the new melee works fine - I use XBox 360 / one Controller on PC - just aim to switch back 

On 2019-05-10 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• Reduced The Wolf of Saturn Six’s tankiness. 

Orly? Still not worth the 10-20 minutes it often takes to bring him down. And the drop chance of anything worth the time is abysmal!

... 77 Runs in about 15 hours of game time.
NOT ONE DROP FOR THE MASK!

I call steaming loads of Bovine Fecal Matter on this.  
It is a COSMETIC.

It should have been earned via the Nightwave advancement; instead, 77 runs of RNG.

FOR A COSMETIC!

That, right there is NOT merit, nor is it a challenge.

It is pure sadism on the part of the person responsible for setting the drop tables / rewards placements.

OH and it's been confirmed it does NOT vacuum, nor is it highlighted.  Dev's?  you REALLY dropped the ball here.  If nothing else have it available for plat after this travesty of a "tactical" mission.:clem:

I don't understand the "buff" to the self-damage reduction. In a lot of cases, the self-damage weapons that people use are still going to kill frames in one shot even with 99% reduction. I think the mod should be something more like "Self-Damage Reduced to a maximum of 99% of Maximum Health" as a default and upgradeable to up to 75% to guarantee you will never be instantly killed by yourself at full health. Something like this would actually be usable. Ideally, the mod could also get an Amalgam version to increase another stat.

18 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Orly? Still not worth the 10-20 minutes it often takes to bring him down. And the drop chance of anything worth the time is abysmal!

Do the Wolf Hunts, with the right modded weapon the Wolf is easily defeated on the low hunt, even the 2nd hunt killing the Wolf over 110 level is a nice fight I beat him up with Atlas or I use my paracesis with both the umbra mods on it. (others use other weapons but this is my favourite while using the Broken Bull combo)

2% drop chances.  That means a 98% chance of not dropping.

To calculate the amount of runs required, for 99% of people to get the mask, 0.99 = 1-0.98^x.  0.98^x = 1-.99.  x = log(0.01)/log(.98).  x = 227.948.  For 99% of people to get the wolf mask you'll need to run the event 228 times with a 2% drop chance each time.

Alternatively, I've run the event about 150ish times.  I had the mask drop twice (reported by others, because you only see it once).  RNG isn't a way to get happy people playing the game, and this is why a 2% drop rate for arbitration rewards is also a burning dumpster fire of garbage.  DE doesn't seem to get that yet, so onward we go with less rewards, more grind, chore wave, and the like.  Hopefully version 2.0 learns, but I've been banging on about this forever.  The Xiphos is a giant middle finger to everyone, with 0.50% chance drop rates (read, 5 out of 1000).  DE has doubled down on this crap, with the Lato and Braton Vandals inside the ESO game mode at 1.01% chances after 8 rotations (admitting some are a whopping 2%), and the ephemera all being garbage chances after similarly long periods.  

DE either can't do the math, don't believe the math is unfair, or this is how they believe the game should work (to push people into buying items).  As demonstrated to this point, DE is willing to say they are listening, and then demonstrate that they either weren't or did not understand.  Either way, the net result is painfully stupid grind for players.  The saving grace is this grind is tolerable because the game is "free," and monetization is allowable.  I don't agree, and I want to spend money with DE to support a good game.  Unfortunately, at this point the game seems to be moving toward a miserable grind for everyone.

If the game supported a fun challenge, long missions would be nice.   If the rewards were not literally the definition of useless (ephemeral is a thing that is fleeting and inconsequential), we'd have a discussion.  Instead, we have a grand total of 3 useable auras (Steel Charge, Corrosive Projection, and Energy Siphon for newbies) with a silly grind new forma that allows us to use any aura....that will require a grind for event credits....that expire at the end of the event...and the credits offered require 20,000 points to earn a single aura polarity (if a good aura mod is even available, given they only refresh weekly).

Warframe used to be fun, with a bit of grind.  Now it seems to be layered grind, that you can eventually feel happy about, until the next change nerfs anything used by the community too often (read: Arca Plasmor continuing to be nerfed isn't about its power, but it being easy to use).  It even seems like the partners are finally stepping it up, and calling out the broken state of the game.  Whenever your marketing arm starts to fight back you know something is terribly wrong.  Hopefully DE sees this, but if the history is any indication DE will just view the introduction of a new console generation as a bunch of "new" players, and miss out that a lot of old players never come back.  I don't know about everyone here, but my friends list is the home to some painfully long times since last login (slightly shy of 1500 days), so that "millions of registered accounts" isn't a surprise when so many people try it, get frustrated, leave, and never come back.    

7 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Do the Wolf Hunts, with the right modded weapon the Wolf is easily defeated on the low hunt, even the 2nd hunt killing the Wolf over 110 level is a nice fight I beat him up with Atlas or I use my paracesis with both the umbra mods on it. (others use other weapons but this is my favourite while using the Broken Bull combo)

I did the wolf hunt ad nauseum to get the hammer (MR fodder, as I dislike twohanded weapons, and especially when proportioned like Games Workshop weapons). No, I'm referring to when he's crashing normal missions. People tend to just go "NOPE" and abort, and I'm at the point where when soloing, I just stand in the fire to get it over with as fast as possible. It should also be pointed out, that while the wolf can be taken down "easily" with the right mods/weapons/arcanes equipped, a lot of new players don't have said resources, and are getting mauled every time. This event is NOT newb friendly, and we can only speculate how many people have uninstalled out of frustration.

DE needs to learn about effort/reward balancing, because this fight is just not worth the time and effort.

5 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

I did the wolf hunt ad nauseum to get the hammer (MR fodder, as I dislike twohanded weapons, and especially when proportioned like Games Workshop weapons). No, I'm referring to when he's crashing normal missions. People tend to just go "NOPE" and abort, and I'm at the point where when soloing, I just stand in the fire to get it over with as fast as possible.

DE needs to learn about effort/reward balancing, because this fight is just not worth the time and effort.

Yeah I hear ya, I've been in games where the others have left but because I always try and carry my paracesis with both the umbra mods on it to make it easy to kill the Wolf, using the Broken Bull combo I can take him down fairly easy but not everyone carry's at least one weapon setup for the Wolf, my sword kills anything but I've done the layout for the Wolf.

On 2019-05-10 at 1:19 PM, Neyl1n said:

"Reduced The Wolf of Saturn Six’s tankiness "

Why? It was the only fun thing about him. He was already weak and easy, his AI wasn't even all that great either. Seriously DE is just making this game more easier at the point we'll end up one shooting everything and where is the fun then?

Maybe stop playing chroma/rubico/gram on absolutely everything.

On 2019-05-10 at 1:42 PM, AntawnMary said:

It's the proof that you don't know how to build your weapons. You could take him down with a well built Rubico, Catchmoon or even Tombinger, weapons that are available for everyone and without riven !

Notice this person doesn't mention frame, since we all know it's Chroma.

25 minutes ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

Notice this person doesn't mention frame, since we all know it's Chroma.

Haha yeah, no frame mentioned, I use a sword no chroma here in my above posts I've posted, I have used a few WF's to drop the Wolf, Inaros, Loki, Ivara (by accident) Hildryn, Atlas to name a few. It's all about my weapon and melee combo I use. AntawnMary is MR 27 so most likely just uses a frame they want and the weapon does the work.

Just now, Slayer-. said:

Haha yeah, no frame mentioned, I use a sword no chroma here in my above posts I've posted, I myself have used a few Inaros, Loki, Ivara (by accident) Hildryn, Atlas to name a few. It's all about my weapon.

Basically there are a few weapons and frames that can get absolutely ridiculous with the right setup, and if you're not using one of those, or are using a mechanic that something (wolf here) is immune to, you're shafted.

I personally have use either a zaw hammer with 240 base damage, or a crit redeemer prime on Ivara.  Even when I'm redcritting and each individual pellet does 5k-20k, it takes a minute to take him down.  If you're not prepared specifically for him, and a level 75 wolf spawns?  You're gonna be there for 30+ minutes.

I've personally put something like 300m worth of damage into the wolf before this last de-tankenining in order to kill him at level 70+.  That's just absurd.

And he has other problems as well.  Play Ash?  Fatal Teleport him with a hammer with radiation damage, he dies and it only shows maybe 60,000-150,000 damage done to kill him.  What?  I know perfectly well that if I'm shooting him with Artemis Bow that that same wolf will take something over a hundred million damage to die.  Reminds me of chromas oneshotting eidolons with sloppy anything back when his damage multiplier was obviously bugged and applying squared or cubed or more with certain weapons and/or damage types.  Something obviously isn't right here.

Anyway, he's being scaled into an assassin.  Obviously no one either should or would want to be fighting an assassin for 15+ minutes, so yeah he's obviously going to be de-tanked, and probably eventually fixed against ash and such.

On 2019-05-10 at 1:14 PM, AZZEL said:

Is drop table and rates for Wolf Mission 1 and Wolf Mission 2 the same?

T1 wolf has a 35% chance to drop a sledge component, T2 wolf has a 70% chance. However, based on a few hundred runs' worth of data, myself and a few others have noticed that using air support to bypass lockdown seems to make the T2 wolf use the lower T1 drop rates. Not sure if it's intended or not, and too late to matter anyway now I guess. 

21 hours ago, Shemarria said:

... 77 Runs in about 15 hours of game time.
NOT ONE DROP FOR THE MASK!

I call steaming loads of Bovine Fecal Matter on this.  
It is a COSMETIC.

It should have been earned via the Nightwave advancement; instead, 77 runs of RNG.

FOR A COSMETIC!

That, right there is NOT merit, nor is it a challenge.

It is pure sadism on the part of the person responsible for setting the drop tables / rewards placements.

OH and it's been confirmed it does NOT vacuum, nor is it highlighted.  Dev's?  you REALLY dropped the ball here.  If nothing else have it available for plat after this travesty of a "tactical" mission.:clem:

well it's bad luck
for me i got the mask in the second run 🙂

but until now i can't get the bp 😞

As a rule of thumb, pure RNG is not really the best reward system.

Octavia Neuroptics has a 22.56% drop chance from rotation C of Orokin Derelict Survival. 22.56% sounds like almost one in four.

It took me 36 runs. 36 * 20 minutes. The chance for something with 22.56% chance to happen not happen in 36 attempts is less than 1% in itself, but here you go.

A reward system where you can gradually work for your rewards is always better IMO. When that dreaded Neuroptics BP dropped, I was not like "yes, I got it!", I was like "well, never again do this; do not look back at it". It burns content, it does not make it interesting.

Archived