Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Alert

(NSW)Katsuro

Always figured something like this would happen. I know plenty of people are probably having buyers remorse, but that is just how the market works. Pay for something super rare at the time, pay super rare prices. I know plenty of people wouldn't have paid those prices if they had known it would end up like this down the road but that could easily be said for just about anything in Warframe. Before Prime Unvaulting was a thing plenty of people paid arm over fist for the parts. Things decrease in value, and hype drives prices up at the start of just about anything. Having some patience often pays off. *shrug* besides, you still got to use the weapon before it became common so...

Kudos to DE for making it easier to obtain, my mastery points will be happy to check it off the list. 

1 hour ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Both... but mostly low level, cause it's faster. Much faster. The funny thing - I just got the mask there, on low level.

The drop rates seem to be higher on the higher level one as best I can tell.  Parts drops have been about 50/50 for me. Only ran the low level one once though. No part drop from that one.

53 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

This is why I didn't sweat getting the parts.  With how up in arms the community has been about spawn rates and drop chances and even the lack of pseudo-events like Plague Star and TA's, I'd have been shocked if this hadn't happened. 

For people who pay attention and give it some thought, this isn't a surprise and I really don't feel bad for people who had knee jerk reactions to the doomsayers. 

Well said. 

I got the drops, and then some, while levelling a bunch of stuff on Hydron. I didn't sweat it, didn't go nuts trying to do 5 wave runs, just went wherever the host went, or if I was host stuck around as long as people wanted. (Got one on wave 6 after 2 people bailed because one dude felt like going further.) 

And throughout I saw the same nay-sayers saying nay at every single opportunity, driving themselves crazy, complaining about the fact that they couldn't just go unprepared and count on power fantasy to carry them through, or that he'd show up too often for them, or that he would only show up every once in a while (often immediately after or before complaining that he shows up too often). 

It's pretty ridiculous at this point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

It's their own fault. It was known well in advance that the Wolf would spawn more often near the end of the season or there would be a more reliable way to farm him before series 2 was released.

Lesson learned that you should wait instead of jumping the gun.

It's more like this:

"It's their own fault. It is known that items a bit after release will be made easier due to complaints of hard acquisition methods."

🙂 

• Like 1

Got mine for free from a friend who was buying single parts and flipping them.  Got to rock it before everyone else for free.  Guess I get a haha to the people laughing at the people who spent platinum.

Edited by (PS4)thowed

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well said. 

I got the drops, and then some, while levelling a bunch of stuff on Hydron. I didn't sweat it, didn't go nuts trying to do 5 wave runs, just went wherever the host went, or if I was host stuck around as long as people wanted. (Got one on wave 6 after 2 people bailed because one dude felt like going further.) 

And throughout I saw the same nay-sayers saying nay at every single opportunity, driving themselves crazy, complaining about the fact that they couldn't just go unprepared and count on power fantasy to carry them through, or that he'd show up too often for them, or that he would only show up every once in a while (often immediately after or before complaining that he shows up too often). 

It's pretty ridiculous at this point. 

Honestly, it was pretty ridiculous the second people decided to try farming Wolf, burnt themselves out and then came to the Forums to complain about the entire process.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SirTobe said:

First people complain about the wolf not being possible to farm. Now people complain about the wolf being possible to farm.

Just another day in the Warframe community. 

No.... first they complained about him being impossible to farm.... now they are complaining about DE not telling players ahead of time that he was going to be Farmable....

HUGE DIFFERENCE !!! 

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

No.... first they complained about him being impossible to farm.... now they are complaining about DE not telling players ahead of time that he was going to be Farmable....

HUGE DIFFERENCE !!! 

Not really. 

In your scenario the first is patently untrue as people were farming him at all points throughout the event. So it's always been possible, even with the super low spawn rate and bulletsponge mechanic. 

In the second, DE has repeatedly said that the effect that they were aiming for was that at first he'd be rare, and as the event rolled on, he would become more and more common. Given the extreme wailing and gnashing of teeth in the outer darkness this move seems to be a rather obvious way to placate the whiners. 

Really it doesn't make much difference whether a person is screaming "the sky is falling, we're doomed" or "the sky is cracking up and piece hit me on the head, we're doomed". In either case, they're being unnecessarily alarmist, and silly. While they're totally entitled to hold whatever ridiculous opinions they like, they are guilty of presenting their uninformed opinions as facts with the expectations of being taken seriously. 

At some point in all societies, yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre when there isn't one, becomes unacceptable and is counted as malicious behaviour. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Not really. 

In your scenario the first is patently untrue as people were farming him at all points throughout the event. So it's always been possible, even with the super low spawn rate and bulletsponge mechanic. 

No they weren't. They were running around randomly hoping he would spawn.... this is huge difference from how he is now and how Assassination Beacons Work...

In the second, DE has repeatedly said that the effect that they were aiming for was that at first he'd be rare, and as the event rolled on, he would become more and more common. Given the extreme wailing and gnashing of teeth in the outer darkness this move seems to be a rather obvious way to placate the whiners

True but they never said je was going yo get his own Node.... mind you DE thinks 6% Chance to spawm is "More common" im not surprised people didn't bother waiting...

Really it doesn't make much difference whether a person is screaming "the sky is falling, we're doomed" or "the sky is cracking up and piece hit me on the head, we're doomed". In either case, they're being unnecessarily alarmist, and silly. While they're totally entitled to hold whatever ridiculous opinions they like, they are guilty of presenting their uninformed opinions as facts with the expectations of being taken seriously

Or maybe you just think that because you didn't take the time to understand what they were crying about. Quick to judge.

17 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

It's their own fault. It was known well in advance that the Wolf would spawn more often near the end of the season or there would be a more reliable way to farm him before series 2 was released.

Lesson learned that you should wait instead of jumping the gun.

spawn system and rate was so stupidly low even at the end they ended up adding a wolf alert so serves everyone who criticised it right? They allways do these stupid choices and then instead of fixing it they add something ridiculous like a "wolf alert", yeah serves everyone right...

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Unagi604 said:

The drop rates seem to be higher on the higher level one as best I can tell.  Parts drops have been about 50/50 for me. Only ran the low level one once though. No part drop from that one.

Wolf 1: 35% drop chance for the hammer

Wolf 2: 70% drop chance for the hammer

Edited by DerGreif2

17 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Week 6-9 in NW: "The Wolf hunts you, you gotta deal with RNG bro."

As NW draws to a close: "Now we hunt him, when for some reason we couldn't before."

I knew his spawn rates would increase as time went on, but I never new it'd be a time limited window with guaranteed rates... D:<
Honestly it's a little annoying, but I suppose I'm happy that players have a chance to complete their sets now, and farm the Mask.

But the 250-300p I spent on that damned hammer will forever haunt me.

Well, i basically sold a extra blueprint for 90p and bought a motor for 90p, so didn't spend anything on mine.
But you have a point, they did say it wouldn't have a way to hunt for him, now we do...

Just goes to show how little planning was put in Nightwave, and why it's a clusterduck of a mess.

I don't know 24 alert runs in 4 minutes of gameplay add about 3 min or more loaning in and out (prolly longer).  That 3+ hrs or grinding with zero motors dropping.   I like to earn my rewards, but the fact that I play this game all the time right now, it's crazy that I don't have the motor.   I guess they want us to pay plat for the parts. 

Constructive part:  I like the fight overall, but it would be nice to to have some variation.  Maybe have some mixed random spawns to spice things up or have the wolf change in some way like a double spawn.  

• Like 1

Not sure how anyone playing a decent amount doesn't have the sledge built already anyway lol.

I've been working up my ps4 account right now (just hit MR11... go me! :P) and i swear for the last couple weeks i couldn't tiptoe into more than 2 helene/hydron/whatever runs in a row without that damn wolf spawning.

Yes, the motor took awhile to drop but i still have 8 freaking handles, not counting the rest of it.

I don't mind the fight that much... but i'll be kinda happy to see him gone (or at least toned down). I dropped from hydron to helene for a lot of my weapon grinding just because he is always level 70+ on hydron with a squad using leveling weapons lol (though i started carrying at least one "wolf killer" radiation weapon no matter what i was doing :P).

Anyway, /pat to those that spent the platinum and good luck to those just now farming/building it. Still a fun toy 🙂

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

No they weren't. They were running around randomly hoping he would spawn.... this is huge difference from how he is now and how Assassination Beacons Work...

That's exactly how you hunt something that randomly spawns. That's how people who actively hunt the acolytes do it, until they're found. 

True but they never said je was going yo get his own Node.... mind you DE thinks 6% Chance to spawm is "More common" im not surprised people didn't bother waiting...

Me neither, because some people are impatient and have problems with a lack of instant gratification. But since many people finished tier 30 with about a month to spare, just playing the game in nodes where the wolf can spawn means that you're going to be running into him a large number of times. 

I'd been putting off levelling stuff, so I just ran Hydron more often. If not I'd have just run more fissures. I saw him quite a bit. 

Or maybe you just think that because you didn't take the time to understand what they were crying about. Quick to judge.

Oh that's not it. I understand exactly what they're whining about. It was always nonsense.

He wasn't ever impossible to kill. He wasn't ever impossible to kill quickly. He never required a full set of weapons, just a single good one would do. He never required a strict adherence to any meta. He wasn't spawning only when they weren't fully equipped. 

I spent a lot of time explaining those things to the same people, over and over, with advice on things that could be done, and often they'd just rotate to the next spurious complaint in a constant cycle. At some point in time it becomes obvious that the real problem is not actually the game, but with the specific individuals complaining about stuff that's not real and dismissing all of the suggestions for stuff that they could do differently. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's exactly how you hunt something that randomly spawns. That's how people who actively hunt the acolytes do it, until they're found. 

No....for the Acolytes you simply ignored them all together and went on about your daily grind only stopping to check if one popped up in your Nav Console....

Then once he/she is found you can gear up and hunt the #*!%er down.... 

Wolf hunting isn't a legit thing... theres no rhyme reason or method to it.... its RNG pure and simple.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Me neither, because some people are impatient and have problems with a lack of instant gratification. But since many people finished tier 30 with about a month to spare, just playing the game in nodes where the wolf can spawn means that you're going to be running into him a large number of times. 

Not for everyone. Some players still rarely saw him.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh that's not it. I understand exactly what they're whining about. It was always nonsense.

You obviously don't and arent willing to accept it.... in which case... we're done here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

No....for the Acolytes you simply ignored them all together and went on about your daily grind only stopping to check if one popped up in your Nav Console....

Wolf hunting isn't a legit thing... theres no rhyme reason or method to it.... its RNG pure and simple.

And how, pray tell, do you think that they pop up on your nav console? Are they delivered overnight by the acolyte-fairy? 

Wolf hunting always was a thing, because it's pure and simple RNG. People just ran missions, in such a way as to maximize their chances of meeting him. Pure. Simple. Effective. 

14 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Yes. And some of them were spending time in modes where he simply couldn't spawn. Or continuing runs where another special guest had already chosen to make an appearance. Or..... 

But yes. There are people for whom the RNG won't ever work out even if they do everything right. It is for them that I'd suggested a beacon system or special node. 

That's what we got, and guess what? WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE COMPLAINING! 

And then I look at the names, and say "oh right, what a surprise" in a sarcastic way. 

24 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You obviously don't and arent willing to accept it.... in which case... we're done here.

Oh, trust me, I absolutely do, but yes, yes we are. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I LITERALLY hunted him for his parts. I put warframe into windowed mode, ran high level capture either Rusalka on Sedna or Ukko in Void, captured the target, ran to the end and found a high spot away from enemies and afk'd the game till the 5 minute mark, while doing other things on my PC. Sometimes he spawned, sometimes he didn't, exit and repeat. About 1 in 7 missions he popped up. So yes, wolf hunting was a thing.

• Like 1