Jump to content
  • 0
Cat__Nap

Coming back to the game, choppy FPS

Question

Posted (edited)

Warframe ran fine before I stopped playing. I have a GTX 1070 Ti, 16GB RAM, i7-8700k, ASUS ROG Maximus x Hero (Wi-Fi AC). Everything ran completely smooth on the highest settings possible last time I played (maybe December?). No other games are having issues.

I've tried fiddling with a bunch of different graphic settings in-game, including even setting the graphic preset to low, and I'm still getting a lot of choppiness - it doesn't get any better at all with lower settings. The mouse stutters in menus, the camera lags when I'm moving, FPS drops when I bullet jump, it makes the game rather unplayable. It's the same even in my orbiter. What could cause this? >.<

Edit: I've also enabled high performance for Warframe specifically, as well as trying Borderless Fullscreen rather than Fullscreen, and still no change.

Edited by Cat__Nap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Do you have any overlay type stuff active? I had issues with Discord a few months ago even when it wasn't currently on screen, but that had since gone away. Could it be some sort of chat, or video card programs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 minutes ago, Unagi604 said:

Do you have any overlay type stuff active? I had issues with Discord a few months ago even when it wasn't currently on screen, but that had since gone away. Could it be some sort of chat, or video card programs?

I have Discord open, but I disabled the overlay months ago when WoW had an update that conflicted with it. I don't really keep any other programs open when I game (not even booster type stuff), so it's just Chrome, Steam, and Warframe at the moment other than Discord. Tried closing Chrome too, still no dice.

My FPS goes from 144 down to like 30-70 at random when it lags, then goes back up after a split second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I’d be curious as to when you last updated your Nvidia drivers, and if you update manually, or via the GeForce Experience thing. My laptop had issues with the auto updates, causing the same choppy unplayable mess you’re experiencing. After doing the update manually, the game ran smoothly again. There’s known issues with the auto updates sometimes failing to properly download/install, which can mess with graphical performance. 

Hopefully a simple driver update will clear up the issue for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, (XB1)Whippngirl said:

I’d be curious as to when you last updated your Nvidia drivers, and if you update manually, or via the GeForce Experience thing. My laptop had issues with the auto updates, causing the same choppy unplayable mess you’re experiencing. After doing the update manually, the game ran smoothly again. There’s known issues with the auto updates sometimes failing to properly download/install, which can mess with graphical performance. 

Hopefully a simple driver update will clear up the issue for you. 

That's a good point. I'll try reinstalling them and see if that fixes it.

Edit: That did it. Can't believe I didn't look at that first thing. Smooth as butter again now.

Edited by Cat__Nap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Cat__Nap said:

That's a good point. I'll try reinstalling them and see if that fixes it.

Edit: That did it. Can't believe I didn't look at that first thing. Smooth as butter again now.

I went on a rant when I experienced this issue, thinking something had gone awry within the game itself. Did some research, and found out about the driver auto update issue. Now it’s the first thing I suggest to folks, when I see similar problems pop up. Glad to hear you’re able to play the game smoothly again, especially with the mainline update coming (hopefully) next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...