Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show MR on Forum

Almagnus1

On 2019-05-11 at 2:02 PM, Almagnus1 said:

I'd like to be able to show what MR as part of the information displayed with my forum avatar.  A simple change, and I'd much rather have the MR rank's name as my title rather than whatever the forum title happens to be.

Why? so you can get a big e-ego and wave it around ? News flash for you MR does not equate to anything. I personally think there is no need to encourage to divide people by 'class' if thats what you want. Just go outside. There's plenty of it out there. There's no need for it here.

22 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Image result for batman and ironman throwing money

I'd also like to see how much some of these WF forum personalities are contributing to the cause. Including DE employees and forum moderators. How much do they believe in their own product to invest thier own money into thier own products they push and moderate for (i.e. merch, plat, paraphernalia)  tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 minute ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I'd also like to see how much some of these WF forum personalities are contributing to the cause. Including DE employees and forum moderators. How much do they believe in their own product to invest thier own money into thier own products they push and moderate for (i.e. merch, plat, paraphernalia) 

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I have no issue people knowing my monetary contribution, even though I'm well aware it'll get me labeled a whale, but, I don't see the point in making that information available for...well for lack of a better word, malicious assessment of their "true fan" status.

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm well aware it'll get me labeled a whale

Me as well. 

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

don't see the point in making that information available for...well for lack of a better word, malicious assessment of their "true fan" status.

Can't think of the adjective but not mandatory. Still though aren't you the least bit be curious on how much partners and/or moderators have spent over the years. I know Rebecca drops some coin on merch. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Me as well. 

Can't think of the adjective but not mandatory. Still though aren't you the least bit be curious on how much partners and/or moderators have spent over the years. I know Rebecca drops some coin on merch. 

Not really.  Personally, I don't buy a lot of my companies products all that often.  Either because it doesn't fit my home aesthetic or, I get employee perks and get to take home the dozens of fan made items sent to me for free.

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Personally, I don't buy a lot of my companies products all that often.  Either because it doesn't fit my home aesthetic or, I get employee perks and get to take home the dozens of fan made items sent to me for free.

I get that. I'm the same way in my line of work. Still though I've got no problem with displaying or telling someone how much I've spent on something if I believe in it. But I can only speak for myself. If some of these personalities (partners and what not) did the same I'd think that would be really cool. 

Just now, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I get that. I'm the same way in my line of work. Still though I've got no problem with displaying or telling someone how much I've spent on something if I believe in it. But I can only speak for myself. 

Sometimes that info is better left hidden, as it can actually cause players to spend less than if the total cost is hidden because they can be largely unaware of how much money they've spent on the game.

Before they started tieing progression to mastery rank it was simply a mark of how many things youd collected and leveled. In the 5+ years that ive played i spent probably 3+ years at around mr10, and i'd done every bit of content (mission and story wise) that the game had to offer, and my main guns all had 5+ forma. Now im mr26, still done all the content and story and nothing really has changes other than ive had to level 400+ weapons i barely touch.

Mastery isnt a sign of skill, its just an arbatrary marker saying you spent way too long leveling things youre probably never going to touch again so having it listed publicly on the forums just invites those people to shame or shun you because you didnt waste your time like some of us have

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Mastery isnt a sign of skill, its just an arbatrary marker saying you spent way too long leveling things youre probably never going to touch again so having it listed publicly on the forums just invites those people to shame or shun you because you didnt waste your time like some of us have

This!

On 2019-05-10 at 11:02 PM, Almagnus1 said:

I'd like to be able to show what MR as part of the information displayed with my forum avatar.  A simple change, and I'd much rather have the MR rank's name as my title rather than whatever the forum title happens to be.

Hours in game would be more valuable to me than MR.  Some people don't care about their MR so they don't level past 15...which I don't get because extra slots, extra standing cap....it's pretty useful to be a MR27.  But again, hours would be more important.

Then again, I've got a ton of hours in game, and I know next to nothing about updates, new content etc and generally learn something new every week that I should have known like a year ago.