Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quit Making Limbo's Abilities Affect Allies

(NSW)Nintendork3D

Limbo is by FAR one of the most annoying warframes to have on your team.  Making it so that you can't damage enemies or pick up items because of another player using his void fields is one of the most annoying things I've encountered in this game.  It needs to be made so the effects only affect him and not his allies.

Edit:  My point is make it so that allies quit getting the annoying negative effects of not being able to pick up items or damage enemies because of other players that spam these fields.

Edited by (NSW)Nintendork3D

2 minutes ago, Infirito said:

Bad players and bad frames are not the same thing, and if you don't understand utility, that's your personal tragedy.

That.....changes nothing about what I just said.  And I didn't say he is a bad frame either.

So mind responding to what I actually said?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VoidWraith said:

If the limbo sets up a cataclysm or "void field" then get into that field and then you're good to go. I treat it as like a more advanced version of frost's snowglobe.

My point is that people spam these abilities all the time, which then makes it so you can't damage enemies or pick up items (as they'll just float around you) and you have to wait for the field to dissipate.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

My point is that people spam these abilities all the time, which then makes it so you can't samage enemies or pick up items (as they'll just float around you) and you have to wait for the field to dissipate.

if they spam it like that, it also means they don't know how to use the frame, and at that point, I don't bother cooperating with them and go elsewhere on the map

or if its a mobile defense, i let them take all the heat. is this bad? yes, but if you are in a pub group, don't expect team friendly people. if it's friends or clan mates, you can at least communicate and tell them. I don't bother if it's pub groups, since i'm usually there just to get it done quickly/over with and move on.

But you can always manuever around limbo's cataclysms. they could also be going for the nuke build, but...yeah.... not all frames are team friendly.

8 minutes ago, VoidWraith said:

if they spam it like that, it also means they don't know how to use the frame, and at that point, I don't bother cooperating with them and go elsewhere on the map

or if its a mobile defense, i let them take all the heat. is this bad? yes, but if you are in a pub group, don't expect team friendly people. if it's friends or clan mates, you can at least communicate and tell them. I don't bother if it's pub groups, since i'm usually there just to get it done quickly/over with and move on.

But you can always manuever around limbo's cataclysms. they could also be going for the nuke build, but...yeah.... not all frames are team friendly.

My usual problem is they spam it in the heat of things.....where all the loot has amassed (and is thus unobtainable.)  The moment that made me make this thread was when a rare mod dropped and I was unable to pick it up because of the field, and the level ended BEFORE the field dissipated.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

My usual problem is they spam it in the heat of things.....where all the loot has amassed (and is thus unobtainable.)  The moment that made me make this thread was when a rare mod dropped and I was unable to pick it up because of the field, and the level ended BEFORE the field dissipated.

but you can pick up loot in cataclysm tho....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VoidWraith said:

but you can pick up loot in cataclysm tho....

Well I don't know which ability it is then (I haven't used him yet) but one of them makes it so items won't pick up.  Unless this has been fixed in later builds? (I'm on Switch and console builds are behind.)

That's Banish you are talking about. When Limbo dashes into the Rift he leaves a portal behind him, or when he casts his 1st ability (also called Banish), teammates get thrown into his dimension where they cannot pick up things until they exit.

When you see a Banish buff icon timer at the top-right beside your Health/Shield bars, use Roll or Backflip to cancel the buff and exit the Rift.

You can also use Operator mode to avoid the Rift in the first place. Helps when you really need to interact with objects like Life Support or hacking consoles. Limbo's Banish would keep your Warframe safe from damage when used that way.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

Well I don't know which ability it is then (I haven't used him yet) but one of them makes it so items won't pick up.  Unless this has been fixed in later builds? (I'm on Switch and console builds are behind.)

whenever limbo rolls/slides, he leaves behind a void portal that sends whoever that enters it into the void field. in which case, all you have to do is roll out of it.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

That's Banish you are talking about. When Limbo dashes into the Rift he leaves a portal behind him, or when he casts his 1st ability (also called Banish), teammates get thrown into his dimension where they cannot pick up things until they exit.

When you see a Banish buff icon timer at the top-right beside your Health/Shield bars, use Roll or Backflip to cancel the buff and exit the Rift.

You can also use Operator mode to avoid the Rift in the first place. Helps when you really need to interact with objects like Life Support or hacking consoles. Limbo's Banish would keep your Warframe safe from damage when used that way.

basically this ^.

Edited by VoidWraith

Just now, PsiWarp said:

Ahhh, okay, thanks.  And that'll all well and good, but the negative effects need to be removed for allies and kept for the player.  That will make it so Limbo users won't spam it as much and the annoyance is taken away from his teammates.

4 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

Did this Limbo you ran into just follow you around, Banish you deliberately and repeatedly? Because unless they decide to go out of their way to troll, Limbo is hardly an issues now; He used to be much worst.

That or hes playing with a max ranged Limbo but even then if its maxed ranged theres very few reasons to keep using banish from outside the rift.

7 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

Did this Limbo you ran into just follow you around, Banish you deliberately and repeatedly? Because unless they decide to go out of their way to troll, Limbo is hardly an issues now; He used to be much worst.

It sure as heck always seems that way.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

Several times they've covered the entire defense area.

Sounds like a newbie Limbo. 

Also cataclysm -the thing that covers entire defense areas- doesnt stop loot pick ups

Granted bad use of his literally all of his powers leads to people needing to use their powers to kill the targets.

If you ever run into another newbie Limbo try to point them to here for help on builds and if applicable use your powers to kill between planes since thry work on targets both in and out of the rift even if youre on the opposite side.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Sounds like a newbie Limbo. 

Also cataclysm -the thing that covers entire defense areas- doesnt stop loot pick ups

Granted bad use of his literally all of his powers leads to people needing to use their powers to kill the targets.

If you ever run into another newbie Limbo try to point them to here for help on builds and if applicable use your powers to kill between planes since thry work on targets both in and out of the rift even if youre on the opposite side.

Trust me, I've tried.

Just now, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

My point is that people spam these abilities all the time, which then makes it so you can't damage enemies or pick up items (as they'll just float around you) and you have to wait for the field to dissipate.

This shows that you don't know Limbo's kit. If you're in "the field"  (Cataclysm) you can pick up stuff and kill enemies. If you're banished, this isn't a field, a simple roll negates it's effects. Again, bad players and bad frames are not the same. A LOT of frames' kits can be abused for griefing: Mag, Nova, Nidus, Banshee, Titania, Hydroid, Volt, etc. That doesn't mean all of them must be changed around that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Infirito said:

This shows that you don't know Limbo's kit. If you're in "the field"  (Cataclysm) you can pick up stuff and kill enemies. If you're banished, this isn't a field, a simple roll negates it's effects. Again, bad players and bad frames are not the same. A LOT of frames' kits can be abused for griefing: Mag, Nova, Nidus, Banshee, Titania, Hydroid, Volt, etc. That doesn't mean all of them must be changed around that.

Literally already addressed this buddy.  Instead of thinking up your next snarky response, read the posts.

As a Limbo main myself, I have to admit I'm often afraid of using Banish to not annoying teammates when I just want to quickly control a crowd and my cataclysm is already affecting an area we have to defend.
It's a cone zone >.< a big one, it can affect much more targets that we think.
It's true that this is one of the last big details that could be corrected about him..

My suggestion, would be..
A charged version 😛
Press the key, and banish only affects ennemies,
Hold the key, and banish also affects allies. ( quick as gara's 1 or nezha's 2 )

That way, Limbo has control of what he's doing, without losing half of the utility of the ability.
We could think that this could lead to a new way of troll.
Banish ennemies and not kill them, just to annoy teammates, but this is already possible ^^' so, my suggestion only bring solution and better control.

:thumbup::smile: Limbo can be such an good team sport

Disables your alarm panels 

Pushes you into the rift to save you allot of bullet wasting

Melee yourself tru the rift do rollovers anything to be an dodger

Limbo *sigh* People need to know how to deal with it

Limbo is beeing limbo there is almost nothing left to rework on it

they tryed and they keep on trying but the outcome can be good or bad 

Iam already happy with this new rework somehow .. atleast you arnt beeing completly disabled anymore ..

not like the old Limbo did

1 hour ago, Azvalk said:

As a Limbo main myself, I have to admit I'm often afraid of using Banish to not annoying teammates when I just want to quickly control a crowd and my cataclysm is already affecting an area we have to defend.
It's a cone zone >.< a big one, it can affect much more targets that we think.
It's true that this is one of the last big details that could be corrected about him..

My suggestion, would be..
A charged version 😛
Press the key, and banish only affects ennemies,
Hold the key, and banish also affects allies. ( quick as gara's 1 or nezha's 2 )

That way, Limbo has control of what he's doing, without losing half of the utility of the ability.
We could think that this could lead to a new way of troll.
Banish ennemies and not kill them, just to annoy teammates, but this is already possible ^^' so, my suggestion only bring solution and better control.

This could easily be fixed by just making the player using Limbo experience the negative effects, meaning they'll be more wise in using it than just spam it.

1 hour ago, -_Highlander_- said:

:thumbup::smile: Limbo can be such an good team sport

Disables your alarm panels 

Pushes you into the rift to save you allot of bullet wasting

Melee yourself tru the rift do rollovers anything to be an dodger

Limbo *sigh* People need to know how to deal with it

Limbo is beeing limbo there is almost nothing left to rework on it

they tryed and they keep on trying but the outcome can be good or bad 

Iam already happy with this new rework somehow .. atleast you arnt beeing completly disabled anymore ..

not like the old Limbo did

What did the old Limbo do?