Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Tactical Alert Bypass Exploit

Mickey33

Mission:
Wolf Hunt (Tactical Alert)

Description:
Player use the Liset landing aircraft's support charge (consumable item) to override ship security and break the mission. Normally, player has to eliminate all the fugitive to open the locked door and then fight the wolf. Using the landing aircraft security override exploit, player is able to open the door without killing any fugitive. The game's logic is broken, hence no more fugitive or forced wolf encounter after each locked door is spawned. Player is able to run straight to the final room and kill the wolf with Ash fatal teleport in 2 seconds.

Video Sample:

Edited by Mickey33

1 hour ago, -KyloRen- said:

Isnt that what supposed to do that liset air drop charge? 😄
Anyway, maybe it will be hotfixed soon 

I can't imagine this being on purpose but it's a good work around if an attacker is stuck behind a door.

It is 100% not intended. If you open door with air support, the fugitive will not spawn anymore. So you just run in empty map for the rest of the mission until you see the actual Wolf at his final room. If it is intended, enemies should be spawning and NOT disappeared completely from the map.

Its an exploit and got into a fight about it over in funders chat about them saying it's a feature, when I was venting about people doing it in pug groups. That power was never meant to unlock all doors like that to skip content. I really don't get why they don't just do it solo, then you have the group trying to find where the person kill Wolf. 

I don't get how people usings a bug for an advantage in the game that isn't normal not exploiting, but the people doing it get all lawyer on you that it's a game feature because DE didn't programme the doors right. The best part is the same people told me it be patched on monday, you know what gets patch bugs /facepalm.

• Like 1

There are actually several things at play here:

1. Clearly an exploit to use them to bypass everything and directly get to the end stage.

2. Sometimes the spawns are bugged and the fugitives spawn on the other side of a locked door. You have two options:
    • Bring a Punch Through weapon and hope you can hit them with the enemy indicators alone. If the host leaves while doing that, the indicators disappear, too.
    • Unlock the doors with the Ordis air support charges to progress normally.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 1

I confirm that:

- Using alarm bypass works, until you face one of those doors which require a teammate to open it. You need then to go back on your tracks to kill spawns for each sector of the map you skipped, to make that door openable.

- You won't get a sledge drop from the "final" wolf if you use this exploit.

- The "no drop" looks like NOT related to have used the Liset alarm bypass, but for the reason you have not killed the previous mobs as intended. I had to use the Liset bypass for the final door as one of the fugitives spawned on the other side, killed that fugitive, than we killed the wolf and got a sledge drop.

- It's not that the fugitives disappear as you use the liset alarm bypass, just they don't spawn in the next map sector until you kill all of the previous ones.

Edited by osd_daedalus
typo and another info

I've gotten sledge drops when a teammate used this regardless of fugitive kill count so It doesn't disable his drops.

I don't think people should be banned for this, the sledge drops are next to worthless and most people just want the mask which has a 2% drop chance. Even Tempo royale's price has been completely neutered by this event.

I'll try this solo and see if it stops its user specifically from drops but I don't see that being the case.

Update: I have received the Wolf Handle so this does not affect his drops. Unless there was an update to make drops work with the security override y'all just got flipped off by RNGesus.

Edited by MemeCataclysm
Test Info

On 2019-05-11 at 1:57 PM, Dixxforce said:

If u use that exploit u won't get any drop except mod, I've tested it 5 times so yeah 🤔, I think it isn't supposed to be that way either

Whatever your opinions are on the use of the exploit, this is straight up false.

Dude tests something with a 1/3 (35%) chance 5 times, gets a negative result 5 times, and then tells us all he's really bad at statistics. The odds that you won't get a drop in 5 runs at 35% chance per run are 11.6%. Those aren't exactly "improbable beyond all reason" numbers.

17 hours ago, osd_daedalus said:

I confirm that:

- You won't get a sledge drop from the "final" wolf if you use this exploit. 

- The "no drop" looks like NOT related to have used the Liset alarm bypass, but for the reason you have not killed the previous mobs as intended.

I confirm these are both false. "Final" Wolf (only real Wolf) drops parts at 35% chance, regardless.

For my part, I never thought of it as an exploit. It is doing what Liset is intended to do... shutting down enemy systems, in this case, to override lockdown doors. But it's also clearly causing weirdness in the mission and making it go faster than intended.

Then someone called it an exploit... and, well, I can see both sides of the argument. However, DE bans for exploits, so I'm going to play it safe from now on, just in case they decide it is an exploit.

Edited by twitch.tv_Mythraen

On 2019-05-12 at 6:27 AM, Wynn said:

Its an exploit and got into a fight about it over in funders chat about them saying it's a feature, when I was venting about people doing it in pug groups. That power was never meant to unlock all doors like that to skip content. I really don't get why they don't just do it solo, then you have the group trying to find where the person kill Wolf. 

I don't get how people usings a bug for an advantage in the game that isn't normal not exploiting, but the people doing it get all lawyer on you that it's a game feature because DE didn't programme the doors right. The best part is the same people told me it be patched on monday, you know what gets patch bugs /facepalm.

It's probably because of how petty the drop tables are, that people are totally fine with using something as intended - tying the doors to the normal alert scheme was derpy.

Almost as derpy as having the mask not vacuum or glow.
About as derpy as having made him have something like 40k armour and 3.5m life prior to this tactical nerf.

Not nearly as derpy as the generic fugitives all having tactical nukotovs that they all throw the instant you get spotted, turning entire rooms into instant-death zones.

At this point, I'll do it whichever way whoever I join is doing it, just for the variety. 

17 hours ago, intrand said:

I'd even go so far as to say I wouldn't mind seeing a 30-day+ ban on anybody who abused it. Really ruins the fun in PUGs. But, I'm a hardass. Just my opinion.

DE wouldn't be /that/ petty

Stop spreading false info. Using the bypass does not affect his drop table, after 90 ish runs, I've completed 3 full sets + a bunch of motors and a ton of handles and heads. So far no mask, sadly. (It being not very visible is complete BS but that's besides the point)

Can I ask why are people against the usage of the charges? They're easily accessible and don't really affect you in any way. It lets you run the mission in about a minute and a half instead of 5, making the grind a lot less painful.

• Like 2

Sorry, not intended to spread false data, just that getting 9 weapon drops out of 10 playing "normally", then as my group started to use the bypass alert I got no drop 5 out of 5 consecutively, sounded somewhat strange...

Oh well, I stand corrected then 🙂

I wonder if everyone who tested about the bug (and got a drop) got a 2 week trade ban too. I used it like twice in the last 2 of 17/18 runs after I was told about it and both times there was a "friend" door near the latter half of the map, so we ended up having to kill everything in the way regardless. The second time the wolf dropped a blueprint, which I was looking for.

I also saw the "exploit" taking place in like 3-5 runs prior to it, one of which I remember the entire path was free of doors and enemies, so I guess there's a lot of people getting trade bans?

If the trade ban was put in place to prevent people from selling these... "illegally acquired items", then I would rather have it removed from my account.

On 2019-05-13 at 5:08 PM, twitch.tv_Mythraen said:

Whatever your opinions are on the use of the exploit, this is straight up false.

Dude tests something with a 1/3 (35%) chance 5 times, gets a negative result 5 times, and then tells us all he's really bad at statistics. The odds that you won't get a drop in 5 runs at 35% chance per run are 11.6%. Those aren't exactly "improbable beyond all reason" numbers.

I confirm these are both false. "Final" Wolf (only real Wolf) drops parts at 35% chance, regardless.

For my part, I never thought of it as an exploit. It is doing what Liset is intended to do... shutting down enemy systems, in this case, to override lockdown doors. But it's also clearly causing weirdness in the mission and making it go faster than intended.

Then someone called it an exploit... and, well, I can see both sides of the argument. However, DE bans for exploits, so I'm going to play it safe from now on, just in case they decide it is an exploit.

we wouldn't have know about that if u didn't pointed it out for us, so thanks 😄

Am 13.5.2019 um 12:08 schrieb twitch.tv_Mythraen:

You cant hack the systems anywhere so why should the Liset be able to do so?