Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nokinoks

A few small things that will make WF better, list yours too!

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Kettygon said:

1. More or even infinite arsenal loadout.

 2. More fashion loadout.

3. Bind Operator / Warframe loadout selection.

4. A warning message for profanity on Chat before banning players from chat (yeah ik some newbies typed "Nezha is....." and then got instant 1-week chat ban.)

5. A scaling statistics for weapons / warframes in arsenal (Ex: if i want to know at 2.5x combo on Nikana Prime, how much CC i will get with Blood Rush) (like on warframe builder).

6. Making mods more clearly on additive or multiplicative stats.

 

These are really small changes but can help our Tenno lives much much more convenient. Hope DE will listen.

You can buy arsenal loadout right? i think it's 10p per loadout if I'm understanding what you mean.

fashion loadout sounds nice.

Bind operator/warframe loadout, they've done this if you mean operator skill tree. You can now change the skill tree on the arsenal window and it is different per loadout depending on how you set it up.

4 sounds REALLY reasonable and amazingly easy to do. They just have to make a rule where mods NEED to warn someone first and make sure they submit a screenshot where a person warned insisted on breaking the rules.

5 also sounds quite convenient so does 6. Would help a lot with modding and min-maxing too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PS4)Arinol said:

Energy Siphon aura does this

Energy Siphon does not count - it is not passive as it has to be equipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want alerts again, but real ones, distress calls from Steel meridian ships under attack, Grineer invasion forces being fought off outside the Relays while players trapped inside the relay repel boarding parties with the Syndicate bosses.

Random events that require immediate response & exhibit real consequences for ditching out on, lose a rank in syndicate for refusing to help on enough emergencies, not just some paltry loot based reason to engage an alert, make them sequential for a buildup to a neat reward or encounter, do 4 in a row to establish A syndicate presence in that system that will grant you additional troops for your missions in that sector.

I want to care about the characters besides their dialog, I want to fend off waves of the infested outside the cetus gates with Hok, Konzu & Teshin, respond to n emergency radio transmission & encounter a trap set by nef anyo.

Alas we shall see, if they can keep getting paid for sub par work, why go the extra mile? either way, the game is satisfying now, but it could be SO MUCH MORE than it is & thats been the way of things for a long time now, just a little off from greatness, but just kept safe enough not to take a real risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Stunden schrieb nokinoks:

I'm straight, and I would rather suck $&*^ than play another archwing mission. 

Oh my God this quote is like the best I've ever seen on these forums because it is so true af lmao 😄

i don't even look forward to railjack, that's how bad my impression is of archwing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just attempted to do the Thermia Fractures event. I queued up 10 times, but was only able to complete 3 runs. This also isn't the first time I've experienced this.

Now, I can't say that this is an issue on DE. From what I can tell this seems to be a growing problem, or rather a risk, that occurs when matchmaking with randoms.

I honestly don't know why so many players are leaving before even grabbing a canister. Then there are the low MR players that are attempting to take on content they should know they can't handle. Then we have the bane of all our open world maps, the players that ignore missions and just mine/fish instead. All of this contributes to issues of host migration at some point.  

Yes, all of this can be solved by joining a clan or finding dedicated players in chat. But at the same time I believe there are ways to correct this that might improve the QOL when playing with randoms. One suggestion I have is that Thermia Fraction events, and other events like it, have a perimeter players must stay in. If they are outside that perimeter then they do not receive the rewards of that mission. Or they are simply booted from the squad after X amount of time, which could allow another player that wants to participate to join in. Or some other reasonable punishment that happens to players that are not fully participating as they should.

With low MR's in places they shouldn't be, maybe it just isn't clear enough that they are dealing with content that will be more difficult for them. Perhaps information about enemy levels and such should be displayed as well with these events. This also reminds me of the surge in players, usually low MR, taking on relic missions with no relics. It may be time to not allow players that don't have relics to participate in Fissure missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This is a straight buff to farming resources and invalidating future resource costs for content. The only reason you are allowed to farm this stuff is the danger/annoyance. Remove that and you no longer have a reason for DE to allow you to infinitely farm.

Sorrry but that´s a stupid reasoning. The intensity of "annoyance" is highly random and sometimes (depending on the location) non existent. And then there are Ivara or loki player who are scratching there head wondering what are we even talking about.

No the reason is plain and simple. The spawn system is very basic with focus on efficiency rather than logic or atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Constantly show what smeeta charm boost is active, I never see when my kavat casts it and that is the only time it shows what is it and sometimes right before it ends. I would like to know so I can take full advantage of the current boost!

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nokinoks said:

You can buy arsenal loadout right? i think it's 10p per loadout if I'm understanding what you mean.

fashion loadout sounds nice.

Bind operator/warframe loadout, they've done this if you mean operator skill tree. You can now change the skill tree on the arsenal window and it is different per loadout depending on how you set it up.

4 sounds REALLY reasonable and amazingly easy to do. They just have to make a rule where mods NEED to warn someone first and make sure they submit a screenshot where a person warned insisted on breaking the rules.

5 also sounds quite convenient so does 6. Would help a lot with modding and min-maxing too.

Thank you. And by binding operator loadout i mean the fashion/amp loadout, not the skill tree.

I maxed out all my arsenal loadout slots though cuz i use each loadout for each warframe and there are a lot of warframes. So.... it's nice to increase/remove the number cap to make it more convenient right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

I just attempted to do the Thermia Fractures event. I queued up 10 times, but was only able to complete 3 runs. This also isn't the first time I've experienced this.

Now, I can't say that this is an issue on DE. From what I can tell this seems to be a growing problem, or rather a risk, that occurs when matchmaking with randoms.

I honestly don't know why so many players are leaving before even grabbing a canister. Then there are the low MR players that are attempting to take on content they should know they can't handle. Then we have the bane of all our open world maps, the players that ignore missions and just mine/fish instead. All of this contributes to issues of host migration at some point.  

Yes, all of this can be solved by joining a clan or finding dedicated players in chat. But at the same time I believe there are ways to correct this that might improve the QOL when playing with randoms. One suggestion I have is that Thermia Fraction events, and other events like it, have a perimeter players must stay in. If they are outside that perimeter then they do not receive the rewards of that mission. Or they are simply booted from the squad after X amount of time, which could allow another player that wants to participate to join in. Or some other reasonable punishment that happens to players that are not fully participating as they should.

With low MR's in places they shouldn't be, maybe it just isn't clear enough that they are dealing with content that will be more difficult for them. Perhaps information about enemy levels and such should be displayed as well with these events. This also reminds me of the surge in players, usually low MR, taking on relic missions with no relics. It may be time to not allow players that don't have relics to participate in Fissure missions.

Some of the issues you raise are due to the fact that queuing up for a thermia fracture event puts you in the same exact pool as people going straight to the Orb for any non-bounty event.

Or another way of saying it - there is no way to queue up for thermia fractures.  You can only queue up for the Orb and hope that everyone else who is in your squad also wants to do the same thing you did.

Rather than your perimeter suggestion, there's a simpler approach:

Orb encounters have bounties

Eidolon encounters have bounties

Ghoul encounters in the Plains (the closest Plains equivalent to the thermia fractures) have bounties

There are no bounties for thermia fractures and this is a major problem.  Simply adding a bounty for these, even with minimal rewards for the purposes of dedicated activity queueing, would fix most if not all of the issues.

I'm still at 36/100 points for thermia fractures and it's the third round now, and I suspect I'll be still at 36/100 at the end of this two week event.  Why?  Because in addition to thermia sealing being rather boring and unpleasant in general, finding a squad to do it is a major PITA because so many people just aren't motivated to do it/actively avoid doing it because it's no fun.

Given how many other activities in the open world have associated activities, why don't thermia fractures?

If DE added a way to queue up for thermia fractures specifically, it would be MUCH easier to get them done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-12 at 3:24 PM, (PS4)Entropy512 said:

Some of the issues you raise are due to the fact that queuing up for a thermia fracture event puts you in the same exact pool as people going straight to the Orb for any non-bounty event.

Or another way of saying it - there is no way to queue up for thermia fractures.  You can only queue up for the Orb and hope that everyone else who is in your squad also wants to do the same thing you did.

Rather than your perimeter suggestion, there's a simpler approach:

Orb encounters have bounties

Eidolon encounters have bounties

Ghoul encounters in the Plains (the closest Plains equivalent to the thermia fractures) have bounties

There are no bounties for thermia fractures and this is a major problem.  Simply adding a bounty for these, even with minimal rewards for the purposes of dedicated activity queueing, would fix most if not all of the issues.

I'm still at 36/100 points for thermia fractures and it's the third round now, and I suspect I'll be still at 36/100 at the end of this two week event.  Why?  Because in addition to thermia sealing being rather boring and unpleasant in general, finding a squad to do it is a major PITA because so many people just aren't motivated to do it/actively avoid doing it because it's no fun.

Given how many other activities in the open world have associated activities, why don't thermia fractures?

If DE added a way to queue up for thermia fractures specifically, it would be MUCH easier to get them done.

Now that makes a lot more sense. And with that being the case it does sound like bad design on DE's part then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-12 at 1:12 PM, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

I want alerts again, but real ones, distress calls from Steel meridian ships under attack, Grineer invasion forces being fought off outside the Relays while players trapped inside the relay repel boarding parties with the Syndicate bosses.

Random events that require immediate response & exhibit real consequences for ditching out on, lose a rank in syndicate for refusing to help on enough emergencies, not just some paltry loot based reason to engage an alert, make them sequential for a buildup to a neat reward or encounter, do 4 in a row to establish A syndicate presence in that system that will grant you additional troops for your missions in that sector.

I want to care about the characters besides their dialog, I want to fend off waves of the infested outside the cetus gates with Hok, Konzu & Teshin, respond to n emergency radio transmission & encounter a trap set by nef anyo.

Alas we shall see, if they can keep getting paid for sub par work, why go the extra mile? either way, the game is satisfying now, but it could be SO MUCH MORE than it is & thats been the way of things for a long time now, just a little off from greatness, but just kept safe enough not to take a real risk.

While I would also like this, I don't know if this is an "easy fix". That being said I really would like that kind of alert, responding to syndicates and alerts would be based on the syndicates you are associated with which might mean a little bit of dynamism where the rewards can be syndicate exclusive.

 

On 2019-05-12 at 4:34 PM, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

Yes, all of this can be solved by joining a clan or finding dedicated players in chat. But at the same time I believe there are ways to correct this that might improve the QOL when playing with randoms. One suggestion I have is that Thermia Fraction events, and other events like it, have a perimeter players must stay in. If they are outside that perimeter then they do not receive the rewards of that mission. Or they are simply booted from the squad after X amount of time, which could allow another player that wants to participate to join in. Or some other reasonable punishment that happens to players that are not fully participating as they should.

With low MR's in places they shouldn't be, maybe it just isn't clear enough that they are dealing with content that will be more difficult for them. Perhaps information about enemy levels and such should be displayed as well with these events. This also reminds me of the surge in players, usually low MR, taking on relic missions with no relics. It may be time to not allow players that don't have relics to participate in Fissure missions.

From what I can tell, the community is very divided with this. I mean I'm all for booting players that joined a bounty but is instead doing something else. Proximity meters will probably be problematic as there are nodes everywhere. While I also don't think this fits "easy fix" I at least hope DE can say something about this, address that there's an issue.

 

On 2019-05-13 at 2:28 AM, (PS4)theT0riNaToR_- said:

Constantly show what smeeta charm boost is active, I never see when my kavat casts it and that is the only time it shows what is it and sometimes right before it ends. I would like to know so I can take full advantage of the current boost!

Thank you!

This fits "easy fix" theme quite well I think. Most players have just relied on looking at the time (as I'm sure you have as well) but yeah, this seems like such an oversight on their part to have multiple buffs but no proper way to tell them apart. Smeeta has 4 buffs right? In any case I'm sure icons aren't the worst things in the world for them to make and add into the game.

 

On 2019-05-13 at 3:23 AM, Kettygon said:

Thank you. And by binding operator loadout i mean the fashion/amp loadout, not the skill tree.

I maxed out all my arsenal loadout slots though cuz i use each loadout for each warframe and there are a lot of warframes. So.... it's nice to increase/remove the number cap to make it more convenient right?

Ohhh that clarifies it. I've never reached the loadout limit so I'm ignorant with that but it does sound reasonable. I mean if you're going to have 30+ frames it makes sense that you should be able to have 30+ loadout slots.

 

On 2019-05-13 at 4:24 AM, (PS4)Entropy512 said:

I'm still at 36/100 points for thermia fractures and it's the third round now, and I suspect I'll be still at 36/100 at the end of this two week event.  Why?  Because in addition to thermia sealing being rather boring and unpleasant in general, finding a squad to do it is a major PITA because so many people just aren't motivated to do it/actively avoid doing it because it's no fun.

When thermia fractures first showed up, I just instantly turned my brain off. I think I was doing 4 per day until the 100. Makes me wonder tho really where the game is going, a lot of the "new" things are just the old things but enemies hit harder. Might also just be the fact that I'm 2000 hours in and so of course everything feels old to me. DE is in a tough place for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...