Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait What?

frozenballz

That's maybe the reason why I get crappy mods even after 20 waves (even on Xini) when I used to have, at least a rare mod or a key. Now it's either you get a void key after 5 waves, or endless crappy mods like Hellfire etc. Something is messed up in those RnG rewards.

Edited by matto

Is that your new answer for everything? Because it sounded pretty generic and lame.

In all fairness...this pretty much applies here.

I seriously hope this thread is some kind of troll, or that this is an error that will be corrected on the next Hotfix.  In fact....I'd go so far as to recommend you bug report this anytime it happens.

Edited by JerichoFayne

How? How are fireworks dropping during a Defense mission indicative to the increase in farming needed for Orokin Derelicts and Void missions?

I don't think you're grasping the concept here.  They shouldn't be on the loot tables.  If they're on the loot tables with anything higher than a 0.0000000001% chance of dropping, then they're displacing some other item.  I'd rather get an Ammo Drum card than this, because at least I could fusion it into some other mod.

If the whole purpose of the game, which apparently is the case based on the current state of the game, is to roll the RNG roulette wheel, then everything is about repetition, odds, and drop rates.  Time is money, and every drop is a statistic.  If that's where DE is going with this, and they decide to pollute the drop tables even further with useless trash, we have a responsibility to call them on it each & every single time.

Edit:  Frozenballz (great name btw) had 80 fireworks at the end of that defense missions.  How many drops is that?  How many rolls of the RNG wheel?  How many missed opportunities to get nav coords, or a decent mod?  THAT'S how it extends grinding.

Edited by JerichoFayne

I don't think you're grasping the concept here.  They shouldn't be on the loot tables.  If they're on the loot tables with anything higher than a 0.0000000001% chance of dropping, then they're displacing some other item.  I'd rather get an Ammo Drum card than this, because at least I could fusion it into some other mod.

If the whole purpose of the game, which apparently is the case based on the current state of the game, is to roll the RNG roulette wheel, then everything is about repetition, odds, and drop rates.  Time is money, and every drop is a statistic.  If that's where DE is going with this, and they decide to pollute the drop tables even further with useless trash, we have a responsibility to call them on it each & every single time.

Hm. Good point.

Thanks for explaining it.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613903772639798621/7D0CF8C6F3337FA5AF16E79CBA9BDDE8C7768C37/

happened again just now while doing a solo nightmare proteus. got ammo boxes as well as fireworks. 

and whats more, i now have negative number of rifle boxes, large health restores, shotgun ammo boxes and ciphers, whereas i have 326 fireworks, 120 sniper boxes and 60 pistol boxes. >_> 

I think the starburst drop is actually a bug.

I have noticed whenever you get starburst as a mission end reward you get exactly the same amount you have equiped. Atleast in my case I have them equiped and whenever it happens they "duplicate". In a few days I went from about 20 starburst to over 200.

Based on that big flap on Friday, I think we can start making some better educated guess as to what's going on.

Long-story-short is that when they made changes to the tables to incorporate the new items, they screwed them all up.  They tried to throw a band-aid on them as a quick fix, but when the tables were released on Reddit, everything was out in the open.  That's why they released a formal apology & why we all got 50 Platinum & a Mutagen cluster this weekend.

This goes back to my original opinion that the people at DE have alot of good ideas & good intentions, but that their organization is having some major issues.  Their leaders are not communicating effectively with each other, nor are they making their plans understood to their subordinates.  They aren't on the same page, because they are too involved with their own pet projects.  When one moves in a certain direction, the other isn't in sync.  I've seen this pattern repeated before in other companies I've worked with.  Those managers lower on the food chain tend to get mixed signals, and mistakes get made.  Next thing you know, you have the type of issues that we've seen recently.

I think it's natural to be worried.  I also think that it's still early, and they have an opportunity to slow things down & make things right.  But I'm sure with the pressure of the console release, they're not thinking about anything else.  That's a hard date that's eclipsing every other aspect of what they're doing right now, and the things we're seeing are being rushed out to get them out of the way.

As clients, we have to choose whether we want to ride this out & wait for things to calm down, or to hang up & leave.  Personally... I think that once the console release is done the bugs associated with that will eclipse anything else they're working on, and that will roll into the Christmas blitz.  After that, when the new year is here, the company will have a chance to regroup get things straight.  That's my prediction.

At the end of the day, we can look forward to another month or so of attention if we scream loud enough, but you had all better prepare yourselves for the parents to be less attentive once the new baby arrives.  Once that part is done...then we can start thinking about what the future for the game will really hold.