Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate death-squads don't make sense when looking at their quests and gamemodes.

TripleTwo

So, here we have the six syndicates, which level and de-level depending on your standing with other syndicates due to their differing ideologies.

This is Ok.

The ones who you ally with praise you and offer you benefits for helping them, whereas the others dislike you and only offer scorn when you visit.

This is also Ok.

The ones who dislike you randomly send out death squads to show this dislike. But they could also give quests that help them out, offer a gamemode like Arbitration, or may be the main benefactor/focus in an event. 

This bit doesn't make sense.

Sure, I helped cleanse a forest for New Loka, but in spite of their apparent graciousness they still want we dead.

Steel Meridian might hate my guts, but they allow me to walk unhindered through their outpost on Earth.

The Arbiters don't like me, but here's a gamemode offered by them that I can play at any time.

My solution: instead of the "enemy" syndicates sending the message of an incoming death-squad, have it be an allied syndicate warning you. The only things that would need to change in-game are the type of enemy in the squads and the message received; Instead of something like "You displease us, now die!" it's now "Prepare yourself, our enemies have found you."

Not the highest priority on things to change, but it's always bothered me a little bit.

• Like 1

Said much the same myself. The whole Octavia quest has us saving Suda, who for me immediately sent a death squad in my very next mission.

The idea of syndicate death squads is outdated as the game currently stands, where you're basically friends with all of them regardless of your choices. 

Gonna post here to bring attention to this topic because I very much agree.

Apparently my lack of honor has brought death upon me but I can walk into the Hexis room and they welcome me with open arms as I turn in Vitus Essences and commend my honor.