Knight_Ex

Zero Motivation to do the next nightwave

2 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Really like most things Ive seen DE has killed the competitive motivation I had to do Nightwave missions, basically trivalizing the entire concept, this isn't anything like how a battlepass works, this is an amalgamation of tedious content turned casual friendly, again because of complaints.   But of course people will argue and say its better because they get more time to do stuff, however it was that time-gate where my own personal motivation was stemming from, a week was more than enough time to nail out most challenges, hell you could sometimes complete them within a few hours after they refreshed.  But still casual players complained, and DE accommodated that, Which I absolutely hate because it makes me worry more for the sake of warframe,  You can see it in the numbers as well, players leave constantly for many reasons,, I know of several individuals who left because of the nightwave in general.

I really don't think even ground can even be had here, there will always be an argument that "this is better than that" cause of yada yada reason, however one constant factor remains, DE will always bend a knee at the casual players, while the Vets are still standing there waiting for harder content to be released, however with that content DE will always seem to forcefully insert a casual friendly atmosphere into the game,  Thats great for new players and seems to only make the game more popular, however I see more and more people leaving the game, looking at my friends list that is comprised of basically Vet players mostly from old clans, then last login days average close to the 100 marks.   I sometimes pop them a message to see if they wanna log in, but most of them are busy with other games and have lost interest in warframe.   Its the current reason why I'm clanless right now is because I can't really find any active clans that have many players that are at what could be described as "endgame" content, ie Profit taker, arbs and maybe Tri-hunts.

It bothers me that mentality "its ok", or "take a break", is still the main response to complaints about content, whats lacking here isn't the flow of content, its the context of that content and how it will eventually be changed to favor a targeted audience.  DE probably hasn't forgotten but warframe was built with the help of Vet players, and steadily DE is loosing that community investment each time a piece of content is made casually friendly.  I'm not even excited for the gas city update, I was but now I just see it as more content to be infused with casual play.  But getting back to the nightwave topic I feel like Nightwave shouldn't be a thing and it should turn into something else instead of replacing alerts, If DE needs more proof then for the next nightwave enable alerts as well and see which gets more use. 

I truly hope this doesn't become a more consistent thing for DE, they speak of raids and now I'm just worried that any sort of challenge that might present itself will just get squashed out by newer players complaining about the content being too difficult, DE take a lesson from other developers, you don't always have to listen to the community that speaks the loudest.  And it isn't always about what can make the most money, sometimes you need to throw some love to your players that are otherwise just waiting for something to happen.

So... Lemme get this straight. Your mad you can't boast how awesome you are, because DE is making a wise business decision to "Capitalize" on the competition's mistakes (Destiny, division, etc.) and you need to angrily make a thread about this because... Why? Why? WHY DO YOU NOT USE YOUR G/÷€€!/* BRAIN?

(OK. Time to make a point)

Here's the deal, sunflower. DE is not making their game harder, their making it "Better". To get a leg up on the competition. Ya'know, the other games that have 9 yr.olds playing for monetization purposes? Cuz kids have NO impulse control? 

If the fact DE is making a better game scares you, I fear what the industry at large is turning into. So lets level, shall we?

This was something to add rewards back into the mix. Nightwave was supposed to give you more for the same amount of play. Because of this, you weren't supposed to grind MORE. You were just to keep playing. And your asking for harder content? 

The logical jump your making here scares me. You don't need games, you nees help! You need to put down that keyboard, and go exploring, in the REAL WORLD. You are asking for stupid hard content to satisfy your own ego. You need to step back! 

There is a line that should not be crossed when you play games. You are FAR past it.This is not about the game. This is about your time!and your asking, no, BEGGING them to take it from you?

Step away, go read a book, watch TV, ANYTHING BUT PLAY GAMES! Then, with fresh eyes and an opened mind, read your first post again and say that is how you feel...

I can whole-heartedly bet $50 you wouldn't agree with it. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

I don't like that they dumbed down some of the challenges either but what, exactly, is the complaint here?

Your friends left? Okay? That likely had nothing to do with Nightwave because they're veterans.

I've seen way too many people leave at the same time to come to any conclusion other than Nightwave is causing a fairly large exodus of vets and new(er) players alike.  My friends list on this game has been decimated in the last month.  Sure, people get burnt out and take breaks, but I've never seen this many at the same time.  NW was very divisive, yet some of the few friends that actually liked NW are even on hiatus, not all, but quite a few.

Hopefully the changes are enough to prevent this going forward because as it stands NW is not doing Warframe any favors...  One complaint I've heard over & over iss

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Il y a 2 heures, (XB1)Cubic Clem a dit :

I'm like the only person that is glad they reduced the tedious tasks.. maybe I can finally enjoy the game again at my pace without sitting hours through boring tasks. Because that was all that was last season. boring.

Tbh i think it's a shame they wasted a good system by changing it to be irrelevant, but at least i can ignore more of its checklist of laundry task and still get what I'm interested in, so at this point I'll take whatever reduction in time investment as a net positive. 

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Different skill brackets I guess? Nightwave wasn't the slightest bit challenging, there were some interesting Elite challenges, like the profit taker with friends and Eidolon, but even then it wasn't that difficult, ,much of the quests were easy to finish, do you have trouble bullet jumping? Using an emote? Marking materials? Allot of the requirements were geared towards newer players, I think thats what really annoyed me, which is why I think Nightwave should be its own thing and alerts should be brought back.

Exactly, nothing was challenging, so what exactly are they nerfing? They are buffing it because it caters more to new players with the coming changes and us vets get to waste less time on it. Win-win in my book.

PT would have been a good challenge on its own, the whole "with friends/clan" thing was redundant garbage. Thankfully that pile of rancid leftovers is removed next series. I'm not sure who at DE came up with the conclussion that inviting a guildy or inviting a person in your groups to the friends list or clan was an elite task to do. Because that S#&$ came around way too often in the most trivial challenges of nightwave. It is one of those poster children for "I'm out of ideas" design decisions.

Sadly the #*!%ing forma and gild tasks seem to be staying.

edit: The guy further up didnt really invalidate his opinion either because Nightwave was never intended to be challenging, it was intended to replace alerts while also givng vets a reason to do them i.e the tier rewards. So he is technically right that it was done to add rewards back into the mix.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Really like most things Ive seen DE has killed the competitive motivation I had to do Nightwave missions, basically trivalizing the entire concept, this isn't anything like how a battlepass works, this is an amalgamation of tedious content turned casual friendly, again because of complaints.   But of course people will argue and say its better because they get more time to do stuff, however it was that time-gate where my own personal motivation was stemming from, a week was more than enough time to nail out most challenges, hell you could sometimes complete them within a few hours after they refreshed.  But still casual players complained, and DE accommodated that, Which I absolutely hate because it makes me worry more for the sake of warframe,  You can see it in the numbers as well, players leave constantly for many reasons,, I know of several individuals who left because of the nightwave in general.

I really don't think even ground can even be had here, there will always be an argument that "this is better than that" cause of yada yada reason, however one constant factor remains, DE will always bend a knee at the casual players, while the Vets are still standing there waiting for harder content to be released, however with that content DE will always seem to forcefully insert a casual friendly atmosphere into the game,  Thats great for new players and seems to only make the game more popular, however I see more and more people leaving the game, looking at my friends list that is comprised of basically Vet players mostly from old clans, then last login days average close to the 100 marks.   I sometimes pop them a message to see if they wanna log in, but most of them are busy with other games and have lost interest in warframe.   Its the current reason why I'm clanless right now is because I can't really find any active clans that have many players that are at what could be described as "endgame" content, ie Profit taker, arbs and maybe Tri-hunts.

It bothers me that mentality "its ok", or "take a break", is still the main response to complaints about content, whats lacking here isn't the flow of content, its the context of that content and how it will eventually be changed to favor a targeted audience.  DE probably hasn't forgotten but warframe was built with the help of Vet players, and steadily DE is loosing that community investment each time a piece of content is made casually friendly.  I'm not even excited for the gas city update, I was but now I just see it as more content to be infused with casual play.  But getting back to the nightwave topic I feel like Nightwave shouldn't be a thing and it should turn into something else instead of replacing alerts, If DE needs more proof then for the next nightwave enable alerts as well and see which gets more use. 

I truly hope this doesn't become a more consistent thing for DE, they speak of raids and now I'm just worried that any sort of challenge that might present itself will just get squashed out by newer players complaining about the content being too difficult, DE take a lesson from other developers, you don't always have to listen to the community that speaks the loudest.  And it isn't always about what can make the most money, sometimes you need to throw some love to your players that are otherwise just waiting for something to happen.

But that Infested Shoulder Armor...SOOOO PRETTY....MY PRECIOUSSSS.  WE WANTS IT.

• Haha 1

Il y a 1 heure, sleepychewbacca a dit :

Look at how much good Feedback is. Peeps will still post in GD for the 15 minutes of fame, or to up their thread count. XD

Bah. I was just venting 🙂

I'll give the next one a try given DE have reduced the grind to half but it also depends what the rewards will be like. If it is still beginner stuff all the way to the end then yeah I might just skip it.

Posted (edited)

My main problem is it's just tedious which is why I don't do it.  The only real interest for me on the list was the Umbral Forma and the amount of time to reach that is rediculous if that is all you're going for.  At least if it was grind able I could do pretty much whatever I wanted on my own time instead of "use ice, now gas, now do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around" cuz that's not what I'm all about.

Edit: The hype of the wolf and then never seeing him was a pretty big let down too, the first time I've seen him was the tactical alert, and I played a LOT the first 5 weeks nightwave came out.

Edit 2:In all honestly though this is one of the main reasons I don't play Warframe nearly as much anymore, before sure there was certain ways to do things, but you played how you wanted to.  Now there's limitations like you have to use this to do this daily (ugh why dailies of all things).  These drone things are immune to warframe abilities and make everything around them immune in general, better get to shooting with a gun!  But not a warframe gun like Titania you silly goose, so everyone played Nidus, Mummy Boi, Broberon, ect.  What's that you used a toggle twice in Simaris simulations?  How dare you not allowed to use that for x amount of time *slap on the wrist* (meanwhile never targeted the one they meant to with it, Saryn).  And going all the way back to Eidolons which should've been the first sign this direction was bad, "shoot it with your little pew pew gun operator you can do it!" then you can shoot a part, then... wait... then rinse... repeat (only at night btw, which it based off server time).

I enjoyed Exploiter Orb though.

Edited by Bobveela
  • Applause 1

well, given the Wolf alert, there's always a chance that if there's another new Assassin with a unique weapon, you can just wait until the end for that, since the could always do another tactical alert again, and most of the other rewards you can obtain anywhere else anyway. the only thing you'd miss out on are cosmetics, Augments and the Umbral Forma. personally I'm gonna do it, and I think many others are.

Nightwave is the last system I'm expecting difficulty from. It was never intended to be difficult, it was intended to solve a couple of very specific problems - mainly how useless Alerts were for people who had a life, like you mentioned. Season 1 was a pretty rough start, but season 2 looks like it'll be in a little bit better position to replace Alerts for the people who need it most - newer players who want aura mods, nitain, Alert weapons, ect. Hopefully the recent Dev Workshop post doesn't reflect the final state of season 2 TOO closely, but either way it's the right direction as far as I'm concerned. I hit rank 30 for season 1 and I found it more tedious than anything, but I'd rather DE not worry too much about my Nightwave boredom until they get it actually working for the people it's aimed at. Maybe then we can figure out a way for Nightwave to include more challenging and engaging stuff, but not before.

If I remember right, DE highlighted in their 2019 roadmap that this year was going to be focused more on fundamental changes that get Warframe on more stable, modern foundations. Replacing Alerts, updating Melee, finally pulling the trigger on the Gas City rework, the ways they've hinted at Railjack interacting with mission selection, ect...I'll worry about new challenging content after those changes, myself. Some of this stuff has been a long time coming.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

No Nightwave wasn't supposed to add rewards back into the mix, it was made to replace alerts which, again players complained were too time gated with people trying to balance RL and warframe,

In fact, Nightwave added rewards never seen in alerts. Nightwave made the last bastion of F2P scarcity crumble: Weapon & frame slots. It also put things in reach others wouldn't see; Arcane Energize. It introduced Umbral Forma, emblems, cosmetics, and more. For a system that was just about replacing alerts, Nightwave added a whole lot more, and you diminishing that because it doesn't suit your narrative is poor integrity.

6 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

warframe wasn't always a breeze to go through kid, the grind was actually meaningful before the 2,0 movement.

You need to take off the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses. Warframe is not a hard game, and has never been a hard game, either. It's a casual looter-shooter power fantasy game. The only time in Warframe's history where any grind truly eclipsed the realms of typical MMO grind and went into the region of endurance and persistence was back in the days of the clan leaderboard events, where the topmost clans had people grind for three days without sleep, where people dozed off in missions, where people worked on figuring out DE's spawn logic just so they could go faster and grind harder than anyone else.

And why don't you respond here?

8 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

You are no better than someone at MR4 or 5. Warframe takes a few days to master. The rest is grinding out parts. Skip a few steps with shekels, buy some basic mods, and anyone that just started out is just as good as you are. The only thing that holds someone with low MR and no support back is the lack of mods and Endo up upgrade them if they had them. Period. End of story. There are a few 1%ers that pull off incredible feats with skilled tenacity, like Silent Olga or other endurance experts, but everyone else, no matter if they have Excalibur Prime and haven't stopped playing since 2012, or if they joined five days ago, has just the same skill floor - and don't kid yourself into thinking that Warframe has a high skill ceiling.

I wrote that all for you. 😞

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1

9 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Yeah I know, which makes me think they dumbed down the content to favor the casual players, I wouldn't have minded more grind if the content was harder.

Or maybe they looked at the metrics that the game records for them (how many people finished challenges, which challenges were finished, how many people were logging in at the start, how many people quit logging in at all without ever reaching rank 30) and decided that they had made it too time consuming and grindy.

Not everything needs to be Dark Souls.  If you want a game that hates you, Dark Souls already exists.  If you want grind that doesn't respect your time, there are tens of thousands of mobile games.

And maybe, if you want a "I feel special because only *I* can do this thing and NO ONE ELSE EVER because MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!" game, you should consider that maybe Warframe isn't the game for you in the first place.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Or maybe they looked at the metrics that the game records for them (how many people finished challenges, which challenges were finished, how many people were logging in at the start, how many people quit logging in at all without ever reaching rank 30) and decided that they had made it too time consuming and grindy.

Not everything needs to be Dark Souls.  If you want a game that hates you, Dark Souls already exists.  If you want grind that doesn't respect your time, there are tens of thousands of mobile games.

And maybe, if you want a "I feel special because only *I* can do this thing and NO ONE ELSE EVER because MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!" game, you should consider that maybe Warframe isn't the game for you in the first place.

Maybe people should put more effort into finishing the content instead of complaining? See I can spin words around as well, Maybe just asking for compelling challenging content doesn't always have to be met with "Huur duur duur you should go play darksouls cause I think that game is difficult cause I have no actual skill or understanding when it comes to game mechanics"  , Maybe you should consider that not everyone has the same mindset of what is seen as difficult content, and for the record Darksouls is a joke.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

-snip-

And why don't you respond here?

I wrote that all for you. 😞

Sorry I wasn't paying attention what?

• Haha 1

some people can't have their time wasted for massive grinding because they have real life like real job, family, chores, etc etc

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

Some food for thought, as a clanmate said to me as we discussed this (and other) threads.

You don't need to tell DE you did or didn't play Nightwave. You don't need to tell DE which challenges you did or didn't do. They already know. They know what you did in particular, what we all did on average, and how fast we did it, what days we did most of it, and if we combined things or not, if we saved up dailies or if we hit those 1k challenges as they spawned. They know. They got all the data about it, and thus made the changes you can see in their announcements.

The only thing DE doesn't know is what you'd like better. Or what you are missing.

FINALLY!! All of this complaining means nothing if DE can statistically see what's going on. If DE hasn't made that "hardcore vet" change, it's because the stats say the burned out vets are not in enough quantities to be on the top of the list. Streamlining nightwave was a solution based on how many players did which missions and how many didn't. 60 minutes survivals obviously wasn't that cool for the majority. Therefore....a change.

• Like 1

Looking forward to rewards for the next season personally. 

Biggest flaw of season 1 is that prestige ranks are very underwhelming....

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

I really like the points this guy outlines

I do, too. He's giving a reasonable, calm, collected, supported perspective and raises valid points, in a mature and elaborate manner. It's a good perspective piece, and it helps to understand some background going-ons. He doesn't claim that Nightwave should be harder, nor that veterans are better players/people, though. His video has about nothing to do with your thread. Additionally, Reaper Hunter also points out that the community is utterly split apart between the camp that wants more challenge and the part that wants more power fantasy, and that the two positions are mutually exclusive. Did you watch those videos,, too? Did you like the points, too, where he points out that Warframe isn't a difficult game, and that it doesn't have a high skill ceiling?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Ced23Ric said:

I do, too. He's giving a reasonable, calm, collected, supported perspective and raises valid points, in a mature and elaborate manner. It's a good perspective piece, and it helps to understand some background going-ons. He doesn't claim that Nightwave should be harder, nor that veterans are better players/people, though. His video has about nothing to do with your thread. Additionally, Reaper Hunter also points out that the community is utterly split apart between the camp that wants more challenge and the part that wants more power fantasy, and that the two positions are mutually exclusive. Did you watch those videos,, too? Did you like the points, too, where he points out that Warframe isn't a difficult game, and that it doesn't have a high skill ceiling?

Guess you missed the part about him mentioning how players preferred old warframe and what it ment when they say that, and about how warframe doesn't have sustainable content which falls under my grievances that DE is doing nothing to give Vets more difficult content or any sustainable endgame, hell he even goes on about how enemy scaling STILL hasn't been fixed, did you even watch the video?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Guess you missed the part about him mentioning how players preferred old warframe and what it ment when they say that, and about how warframe doesn't have sustainable content which falls under my grievances that DE is doing nothing to give Vets more difficult content or any sustainable endgame, hell he even goes on about how enemy scaling STILL hasn't been fixed, did you even watch the video?

But you didn't say anything about that before, nor did I. Are you just moving goalposts now, while handily ignoring the parts that disagree with you, while also grasping for straws as if you raised these issues? Are you trying to appeal to some higher authority because a YouTuber posted a video, as if that'd prove your point? Is this a marathon to check how many fallacies you can commit within one thread?

Mine is ad hominem, but not to discredit your argument. It is to point out your flawed perspective, which is based on nostalgia goggles and a fake sense of superiority which has no base in fact. You decided to ignore, overtly, explicitly, the part where someone who played this game for five days is your equal, and yet you expect me to take your floundering flailing for serious?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

But you didn't say anything about that before, nor did I. Are you just moving goalposts now, while handily ignoring the parts that disagree with you, while also grasping for straws as if you raised these issues? Are you trying to appeal to some higher authority because a YouTuber posted a video, as if that'd prove your point? Is this a marathon to check how many fallacies you can commit within one thread?

Mine is ad hominem, but not to discredit your argument. It is to point out your flawed perspective, which is based on nostalgia goggles and a fake sense of superiority which has no base in fact. You decided to ignore, overtly, explicitly, the part where someone who played this game for five days is your equal, and yet you expect me to take your floundering flailing for serious?

I know you're speaking words, I just don't care right now.  You can take what I say with a grain of salt for all I care. I wanted to make my point known and Ive done that, considering how many upvotes and feedback my post has gotten, not sure what your goal was to try and discredit what I say, hows that working out for you? At this point its like listening to yourself talk.

• Haha 1

Yep. NW trivialized to the point of insult for any able-bodied (and minded) players. Thing to be expected after all entitled snowflakes outcry.

4 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

I know you're speaking words, I just don't care right now.  You can take what I say with a grain of salt for all I care. I wanted to make my point known and Ive done that, considering how many upvotes and feedback my post has gotten, not sure what your goal was to try and discredit what I say, hows that working out for you? At this point its like listening to yourself talk.

Which is pretty much what people like yourself and these YouTubers you like to watch, are doing. The upvotes represent a tiny proportion of the total player base and at least half the feedback has been telling you why you're wrong. :wink:

They're demanding difficult, high-level content from a game which was never designed to have it...at least not to the extent that "difficult" and "high-level" can now be defined as.

Warframe has been around what 5-6 years now? In all that time have DE ever mentioned developing some uber-elite endgame content? Serious question, as I've only been playing just under a couple of years.

All the official releases I've read and all the dev streams I've watched, lead me to conclude DE see Warframe as a LONG game (an evolving story) rather than a DIFFICULT game.

Yes, they've acknowledged that some vets are dissatisfied with the lack of challenge and they are looking into ways of introducing scaling difficulty, or some other mechanism, but thats likely to be a long time coming, depending on what their development priorities are.

But in a nutshell, people like you are walking into a KFC and throwing a tantrum because they won't serve you hamburgers, instead of fried chicken.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

7 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Maybe people should put more effort into finishing the content instead of complaining? See I can spin words around as well, Maybe just asking for compelling challenging content doesn't always have to be met with "Huur duur duur you should go play darksouls cause I think that game is difficult cause I have no actual skill or understanding when it comes to game mechanics"  , Maybe you should consider that not everyone has the same mindset of what is seen as difficult content, and for the record Darksouls is a joke.

But then ask for challenge where challenge is appropriate. A replacement for the alert system is not that place. I want some challenging content aswell, I however never expected it to come from Nightwave, not one bit. Why? Because it was said to replace alerts, which was something for newcomers mostly, however they also said it would be worthwhile for longtimers, which it is given the time spent vs the rewards. So DE have been true to their actual words, the people that imagined some endgame from it to fit oldtimers just built up their own hype which wasnt true nor implied by DE.

• Upvote 2

You see your issue here is that you want nightwave to be an end game difficulty event. But it's not, it's not ment to be, it's supposed to be an event accessible to everyone. Which I do agree; as someone with about only 100 hours of gametime, already is fairly easy. Anyway, nightwave shouldn't be endgame focused, look at the loot rewards, not endgame focused at all. The MAIN issue in Warframe is that nothing is overly difficult in the game. I enjoy Warframe, and still continue to do so with 100 ish hours; but that's because I still have a ton of content to play through. As someone with probably hundreds if not thousands of hours, you don't, and on one hand; it's like l, that much in game playtime and now your bored is quite incredible. However, on the other hand, it's like; fashion frame is a poor excuse of an "end game" that DE has run with to get players hyped about small cosmetic drops. And beyond that, there is nothing in this game that truly requires 4 players to beat while working their asses off. Currently, I'm up to about Pluto in game play; I have literally never played with a group, and am about to finish building rhino prime. That is where the issue lies; nightwave is not supposed to be catered towards end game and vets, DE needs to bring in actual endgame to keep vets. 

• Upvote 1