Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player experience, just the first hour, resulting in ragequit and probably no return

pook-pook

I think the OP was hoping his kid would like the game so they could play it together.
It's true that Warframe isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's also true that the stroll into the plains at the beginning of the game is a bit ill-placed.
I'm all for exploring and learning my own limits, but WF isn't like your traditional RPGs which have dialogue trees to let you learn about your environments or traditional shooters that have linear plots and paths. When you die to a bombard as an early player you generally have no idea what killed you, and there's nothing ig to give you any clues or indications.

Just to clarify, I don't mind the game as it is. I only started a few months ago, got trashed by the PoE, and instead went to explore the star chart. But I was already committed to (and invested in) the game because my sister and I spent a lot of time picking it out. The OP's kid might have been a bit more tentative, and consequently less willing to stick it out in the face of a sharp incline of difficulty.

Edited by Haldos
Removed hidden quote.
  • Like 1