Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Transmutation Stones Of Guild Wars

CapricaSix

0dXv89D.jpg

Transmutation Stone

This one-time-use Guild Wars 2 item basically allows you to transfer certain features of your weapon or armour to another, merging the two; you get to choose visuals, stats, bonuses between 2 items while discarding one of the said items in the process. If I'm not mistaken, transmutation stones can be bought from the store for real money (gems, much like our platinium), though they're also rewarded to players through gameplay for free.

You can simply just obtain a high level sword or a helmet which you think looks god awful, and change it's looks with another sword or helmet that you like using this stone while keeping the high level stats.

I haven't had many transmutable items on my character at the moment but here's an example of how it looks, to give you the general idea:

Kx82poJ.jpg

________

I believe this transmutation concept would be a great addition for warframe, specifically for prime variants of weapons and warframes for visuals, and for the leveled/forma'd/supercharged weapons and warframes that we'd rather not replace or grind and invest in all over again, and of course for the alternate helmets of our choice with stats less than desired.

It could be sold for 20-75 plats with occasional alerts perhaps, with the requirement of having that certain weapon or warframe you want to transmute at the max level much like Forma (with the exception of alternate helmets which you can't level anyway).

And considering it's Warframe, the name should probably be "Transmutation Balls" lol.

Edit: Here's an instructional video on how it works in Guild Wars 2 if you didn't quite understand it.

Edited by CapricaSix

Interesting concept; for example, taking the 50% innate AP damage of the Despair, and put it on the Dera. I like the idea, +1.

Not quite, but rather merging your old trusty supercharged and 5-time forma'd max level Latron with your new Latron Prime. Or say... Mag and Mag Prime. Boar and Boar Prime. The main point is that if you've spent a lot of time on your old gear and you do want the new gear but rather than scrapping the old one for the new one just because it "looks cool" or has a certain insignificant bonus, you merge the two.

Although maybe DE wouldn't mind making certain weapons compatible. Such as Latron Prime and Boltor as they use the same model. Paris, Paris Prime and Dread. Reaper, Ether Reaper and Reaper Prime. Etc.

It won't really make anything "OP". It will just save you a lot of time and money if you wanted to use a different variant of a weapon or a warframe but already spent/wasted a lot on your old ones.

Edited by CapricaSix

Why is this in Art & Animation? Can a Mod please move this to UI Feedback, or General Discussion, or something?

Because it's about merging your old stuff that you've spent stuff on with the your new stuff. Like carrying all your forma/polarities and "potatoes" over from your Braton MK1 to your Braton Prime, rather than just having duplicate weapons with slight bonuses and visual changes. The visuals were the main focus here and its a lot better than reducing primes into alternate skins I think.

I guess it might get more attention in General Discussion though, I'll report it.

Edited by CapricaSix

Because it's about merging your old stuff that you've spent stuff on with the your new stuff. Like carrying all your forma/polarities and "potatoes" over from your Braton MK1 to your Braton Prime, rather than just having duplicate weapons with slight bonuses and visual changes. The visuals were the main focus here and its a lot better than reducing primes into alternate skins I think.

I guess it might get more attention in General Discussion though, I'll report it.

The visual aspect goes here, yes. But the main focus is a gameplay or weapon matter, which is why I suggested it go elsewhere. No disrespect intended, I just want to keep the Art & Animation sub-forum on-track.

The visual aspect goes here, yes. But the main focus is a gameplay or weapon matter, which is why I suggested it go elsewhere. No disrespect intended, I just want to keep the Art & Animation sub-forum on-track.

No worries. So uh, gameplay feedback or general discussion?

Edited by CapricaSix

No worries. So uh, gameplay feedback or general discussion?

I suppose it could go in Gameplay Feedback, Weapon Feedback, or GD.. I think either GD or Weapon Feedback. Maybe GD, because then the chances are higher a Mod will see it and tell you if it's the right place.. Then again, if it goes into Weapon Feedback, there's more chance a Dev will see it.. I'm not sure, I don't know everyone's browsing habits.

I suppose it could go in Gameplay Feedback, Weapon Feedback, or GD.. I think either GD or Weapon Feedback. Maybe GD, because then the chances are higher a Mod will see it and tell you if it's the right place.. Then again, if it goes into Weapon Feedback, there's more chance a Dev will see it.. I'm not sure, I don't know everyone's browsing habits.

Decided gameplay feedback was the most fitting, cheers. Soon to be drowned along with other threads lol. I better stop bumping this with trivial posts though.