Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I stop my inbox from automatically opening?

(PSN)Firebrandd

Question

Here we go with another "I don't know what topic" question, so if there's  a more appropriate place for this question, please move this there.

Is there a setting that would prevent Ordis from automatically opening unread inbox messages? If not, does anyone besides me want this? We already have an unread-message-in-inbox indicator, so why does Ordis need to open it immediately upon returning to orbiter from mission/logging in? This and a couple other QoL toggles (such as turning off Lotus transmissions in missions we have played hundreds of times (i.e. hive missions where she pops up and babbles EVERY time get in the red radius)) would be nice.

Edited by (PS4)Firebrandd

7 answers to this question

Yeah, I'd like to add Ghoul and Razorback messages to the "spam folder" lmao.

As for Lotus, it's all or nothing. Can either turn off ALL transmissions from her, or deal with the inane babble. Lotus: "I am unable to pinpoint the location of the enemy caches." Me: "You mean the one RIGHT in front of me?"

• Like 1

one of my biggest non-bug related gripes about this game is the way those stupid avatar pictures pop-up and block screed real estate or they say stuff I've heard about ten-kajillion times. let us turn them off :)  :)  :)

it's why i play with the sound on mute :$

it's like, why does lotus need to explain the spy mission when I have successfully completed thousands?

Bumping the original question back to the top. I asked this four years ago and now I am asking again: can we PLEASE stop Ordis from automatically opening the inbox when we spawn in to orbiter/relay/dojo/etc? It's like walking in the front door of my house and a bucket of water dumps on my head. NOT FUN! We have the blinking notifications in the HUD. We don't want - or need - inbox interfering with gameplay. ESPECIALLY when we're in a squad that is staying together for several missions. Please DE give us a toggle or remove the auto-open-inbox code from the messages.