Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endurance Tactical Alerts?

(PSN)GEN-Son_17

With the divide between endgamers, who basically want endurance style of play and don't really care about actual content, the casuals of the player base and the lore lovers, I think a possible solution can supplement the really awesome nightwave system with an elite tactical alert system designed for endurance and have unique rewards for it. Since no one knows what the heck an actual "scaling reward" could be in warframe, I'd say new, selectable arcane mods, not strength or dps based, could be the rewards and would be added to the neuroptics(movement based arcanes) and armor sets(defensive based arcanes) of the specific warframe in the challenge as a permanent install. Have three alerts per three weeks and specify only three warframes for each challenge (ex. Frost, Ember or Volt for weeks 1-3, Saryn, Hydroid or Loki for weeks 4-6, etc.). Enemies start at level 70 and max at 200. Tier rewards are intervaled at:

1) 3K Kuva + 1k Endo at every 10 minute increment

2) Neuroptic arcane mod every 20 minutes at up to 4 mods to reach max level. 80 minutes to gain maxed arcane.

3) Armor arcane mode every 30 minutes at up to 3 mods to reach max level. 90 minutes to gain max arcane.

4) Honor emblem and alternate armor and neuroptic set for that specific mission's warframe for completing the 100 minute mark. This allows the chance to have two different sets of armor with different arcanes on them.

Thoughts?

Edited by (PS4)GEN-Son_17
Context error

My thoughts are that the proposed arcanes are a step backwards. There’s a reason we went from being able to install arcanes onto the helmet/syandana to the current system where each frame has two arcane slots. Tying arcanes to cosmetics is needlessly clunky and limits the usage of that arcane to specific frames.

19 hours ago, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:

I would be fine for having the Fissure bonuses spread to all of the endless missions. And Something like the John Prodman poster when you get far enough.

Gotcha. I originally thought about the fissure system(which I really like) but, given that some complained that those rewards were not enough, I gambled with selectable new arcanes. 

19 hours ago, FrostPrime said:

My thoughts are that the proposed arcanes are a step backwards. There’s a reason we went from being able to install arcanes onto the helmet/syandana to the current system where each frame has two arcane slots. Tying arcanes to cosmetics is needlessly clunky and limits the usage of that arcane to specific frames.

Understood. My thought was to make the arcanes selectable...increasing the inventory to choose from as you completed the missions. The Santana arcanes would perhaps add better aim glide/parkour benefits and would promote an alternative to the lower valued mobility bronze arcanes from the Eidolon fights. The armor sets could boost armor ratings or shield values again adding value to those more unused arcanes. The choice doesn't have to be immediately but the selection would be limited to supporting inherent downsides to specific frames, i.e. a less squishy ember or faster frost.

1 hour ago, (PS4)les2zamours said:

You're against it because you can't play against challenging ennemies ? Or because you want to bash endurance players/endgame players ? Smh

I was stating the reality of the situation. DE has repeatedly shown or outright said they aren't going to reward players for the sole fact they went beyond the AABC rotation outside of modes specifically designed with it in mind - Arbitrations come to mind.

Endurance players are not a big enough group to justify the treadmill DE would have to be on to support them. Your high horse is papier mache.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-05-18 at 2:21 AM, peterc3 said:

I was stating the reality of the situation. DE has repeatedly shown or outright said they aren't going to reward players for the sole fact they went beyond the AABC rotation outside of modes specifically designed with it in mind - Arbitrations come to mind.

Endurance players are not a big enough group to justify the treadmill DE would have to be on to support them. Your high horse is papier mache.

Lol "treadmill" proves that you don't know a thing about the endurance community.

Thanks to casuals like you we don't get to enjoy the game like you do, that's just selfishness from you and incompetence from DE's part. Nothing more.

"Sole fact", so you're stating that going beyond is not a big deal and shouldn't be rewarded, well, lol every other game out there does the opposite, and weirdly enough some of them don't have problems with players retention or identities crisis.

Destiny, Diablo, Borderlands, Neverwinter and much more.

Tell me what do these games have in common ?

-a form of Endgame, creating a goal for players, something we don't have here,

-a clear form a progression, players know that they are progressing, in warframe this is quite blurry,

-a concrete and clear vision from the Devs, that ensures that the game has a clear identity, players know where they are and what for; here comes the impossible question for a WF player : How do you explain WF, what is WF?

I actually can't believe there's still people like you in this game...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)les2zamours said:

Lol "treadmill" proves that you don't know a thing about the endurance community.

What is there to know? The size of the community is at odds with the demands coming from it. You are irrelevant to the game.

5 hours ago, (PS4)les2zamours said:

Thanks to casuals like you we don't get to enjoy the game like you do, that's just selfishness from you and incompetence from DE's part. Nothing more.

Then begone from this game made by incompetent devs and full of CaSuAlS like me. Your arrogance is wholly unearned and blinds you to the reality of the situation.

On 2019-05-17 at 5:21 PM, peterc3 said:

I agree here. In fact, it's the very reason why I thought about this elite alert "season" if you will. 

Have some requirements: Max30+ weapons and frames, completed star chart and lore based Chimera(sp?), must have aquired Paracesis.

Fortify all values of enemies except damage given (including armor and health at 2x, speed at +0.25 and spawn rate at 2x).

Reduce energy drops by 50% but increase health drops by 30%

Staging will set at the Derelict and Lua. They already have the most "traps", have a post war look and feel and justifies all factions exploring them including the corrupted. 

No need for a large dev team to control as the pieces are already present. 

Lua Puzzles solved and Derelict vaults opened yield bonus loot via new primed mods or new gen 60/60 mods (ips/stat, ips/crit, element/crit or secondary element/stat). Mission must be completed however at minimum timer set.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

What is there to know? The size of the community is at odds with the demands coming from it. You are irrelevant to the game.

Then begone from this game made by incompetent devs and full of CaSuAlS like me. Your arrogance is wholly unearned and blinds you to the reality of the situation.

What is there to know ?

The fact that we are much more than you think, the fact that what we are asking is what every dev should do and finally that we are not asking the moon.

But i think you're just waaaaay too narrow minded.

I like Casuals, but not people like you. In fact i know that there are casuals out here who agree with us and who support us or let us do ask for things, they don't bash us like you do.

Honestly shut up, asking for endgame content is not being arrogant or anything, that's just a request related to something that almost every game (especially looters) should have.

Bye, idiot