Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Frustration and the UI solution

BadgerDrool

TLDR: non-limbo players require better user interface feedback to know that they are in the rift. Allowing them to react to that fact faster.

If there was a poll for most annoying warframe to play _alongside_ or to get on your team. If limbo isn't number one then he's definitely top 5. I mention this mostly as a given statement.

The only indication you are in the rift is a very subtle effect. Even as limbo I can often lose track of when I'm in and not in rift.

Let me put this simply and quickly. Let's say I'm tracking and shooting enemies with a sniper rifle. It's taking me less then 2 seconds to retrack and fire. If during this time a limbo banishes me; I will only realize it when I've fired and done no damage. At which point my brain rapidly goes through "hey that didn't do damage..", "wait limbo? Rift?", "Muscle instructions to dodge roll and start re-aim".

To me this is the primary pain point of playing alongside limbo. Having to reactivity realize I'm in rift as a result of a wasted attack and interrupt what I'm doing. Sure, if I'm not in the middle of something I can notice the lighting effect and being in bubble is super obvious. However, I'm really commenting on timing that's as low as a fraction of a second.

Solutions fairly simple: A more immediate user interface feedback that allows players to go "I've been rifted" ASAP. The best form of feedback would be a screen overlay. We have them, there is a frost screen overlay for Sabotage (icing engine). A rift overlay that shows up along the edges of the screen, even if it only lasted 1 second on entering rift, would be more then enough.

• Like 2

If anything, I would prefer some sort of desaturation when in rift. Also some better indication for limbo himself that something is in the rift other that a buff on teammate's frame somewhere in the corner.

I don't play limbo much, but when I do I do this exactly to put some fragile things out of a harm's way. E.g. defense target in arbitrations. What usually happens is: I cast banish and have no clue if I successfully banished the target of I somehow missed and banished my teammate instead. And if I happen to have a need of banishing multiple targets (mesa in the rift anyone?) the timer on the ability icon is shown only for the last one banished, so I have no idea if the effect ended on something else.

I would agree that rift need some serious look in terms of being apparent to everyone.

While we are on the topic, I have a idea for something regarding all buffs.

Warframe features the option to flash the ability-name on the screen, when you use an ability.

I'd like this option for buffs.

Warframe got a lot more buffs and proccs over the last years.

Stuff like Growing Power or Pax Bolt.