Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on future "wolves" (please don't nerf them into the ground)

AKTKWNG

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Since it doesn't take half an hour for anyone who takes any sort of viable weapon to the party, and most who took something viable say a few minutes, the complaint really does boil down to "omgeeeeee anything taking more than one shot is toooooooo much". 

What a surprise, taking a weapon that's viable against the Wolf... makes the fight take less time! I never would've guessed. However, as I've stated multiple times, I'm not going to be taking Wolf-hunting weapons on the off-chance that he spawns. My Nagantaka can chew through crowds of Lvl 100+ enemies, yet barely scratches him with a full clip. My slash/viral Akjagara Prime is capable of clearing rooms, but doesn't put a dent on him. My Corrosive Redeemer that has torn through the large Raknoids with a few blasts might as well shoot confetti. But yes, please tell me more about how any decent weapon can take him out in a reasonable time frame. Your personal experience is so valuable to me.

Most of the time I faced him on Hydron in public groups with four players with a sub-optimal weapon. Never took half an hour to get him dead. How bout you? 

I haven't even fought him on many missions until they increased his spawn rate. First time I met him was on an Axi Survival. He came at Level 100-something, despite changelogs saying he's supposed to cap at 70. It took at least 4 rotations before he went down, and I wouldn't call any of our gear sub-optimal. Another time he dropped into an Excavation. Have you ever tried fighting the Wolf as Limbo? Even after the three+ months that Nightwave has been around, they still haven't fixed him and his Mooks completely ignoring Limbo's Rift. Hydron, I've fought him when I was levelling my Harrow. I quit when the mission timer said 22min and he still had half his health.

Uh, strip armour opened him up quite a bit. Then I damaged him with a whole bunch of damage to his body, his weak "spot". He died. Repeatedly. 

Strip armor? So, I should be taking yet-another piece of gear to soften him up on the off chance he appears? Yeah, brilliant contribution to an argument with someone who's refusing to alter their loadouts for the minuscule chance of an assassin spawning.

Saw the hammer parts selling for hundreds of plat. People were whining about how much they paid. Are you saying that people were willing to pay that much for "trash loot" or are you just trying to pull a particularly ridiculous "sour grapes" play? (I'm guessing sour grapes which is a brilliant way to encourage people to respect you even less.)

That's cool and all, but those parts are hidden behind two layers of RNG. I haven't seen a Wolf-Hammer part at all until the last weeks of Nightwave. Like I said, seeing a melee status mod drop after you've wasted time hacking away at him makes me want to close the game. 

If you want to prepare for an enemy that has a minuscule chance of spawning, while having a drop-table that looks like this:

TvhclQW.png

Go right ahead. At least you'll be able to kill him quickly. Not sure what you're gonna do when S3 of Nightwave hits, dedicate a weapon slot for each one of the assassins? Either way, knock yourself out. As I've said from the very beginning, I'm going to keep playing the game how I was playing before they added him. If he spawns, he's just getting the Lunaro treatment from me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nope, I'm being very honest. Anything that I hit with that weapon other than the Eidolons or the Wolf, died. 100k damage will deal with anything in the regular run of things in very short order.

So you don't consider the regular run of things to include enemies north of level 100, or, ironically, things like the Wolf himself.  Does that not tell you something, when an enemy has 3,000 or more times the health, and 30,000 or more times the EHP of anything else around the same level?  That's not just a boss.  That's insanity.

This is not level 40 wolf.  This is level 75+ wolf.

I have tested it on the Teralyst, and while it will take him down, it's nowhere near as much damage as my eidolon hunting rifle does.

"It"?  What, pray tell, specifically?  Let's set up for some actual testing.  When are you talking about?  Are you talking about on his release?  After the sentient mask was applied?  After he's been nerfed down three or more times into the first stage of the tac alert where he appeared at level 40 or less, and with less than 200,000 HP?  A well-geared Eidolon hunting rifle would be expected to deal around 150,000-200,000 damage/shot (or quickly ramp up to or past that, like some snipers).  Without using a damage boosting frame like Chroma or Mirage, you're looking at that sniper taking several times the amount of shots it as its max ammo before killing a level 70+ wolf.

It's nowhere near what Valkyr, or Garuda could have done.

I use Artemis Bow on Ivara, often with a Kavat whom strips armor for me (yes, I know this lowers my damage more than if I could strip only 99% of his armor or something, but it's only an additional 1.75x mult that only applies to the radiation part of the damage).  My build does upward of 600,000 damage per shot, before any crit buffs from the kavat or the +250% crit damage from standing on an Empowered Quiver Dashwire.  A level 75 wolf before the tac alert (this is approximately the Wolf that spawns at wave five of Hydron) would take around fifty of these shots, after being armor stripped, to take out, and that's not counting the damage dealt by teammates.

Yes, a level 40 or better yet, 10 wolf evaporates like a puff in the breeze to well under a million damage, but there's some serious exponential EHP level scaling on him.

14 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

What a surprise, taking a weapon that's viable against the Wolf... makes the fight take less time! I never would've guessed. However, as I've stated multiple times, I'm not going to be taking Wolf-hunting weapons on the off-chance that he spawns. My Nagantaka can chew through crowds of Lvl 100+ enemies, yet barely scratches him with a full clip. My slash/viral Akjagara Prime is capable of clearing rooms, but doesn't put a dent on him. My Corrosive Redeemer that has torn through the large Raknoids with a few blasts might as well shoot confetti. But yes, please tell me more about how any decent weapon can take him out in a reasonable time frame. Your personal experience is so valuable to me.

Ah well I guess that my weapons can't do that. But wait... They seem to have no significant problems doing bad things to the enemies I've run into. And since I only need one, it leaves me with slots to take a couple of other weapons. What a surprise! I am able to play the game as intended, and take on the wolf at the same time? How can this be? Am I more godlike than the people who think themselves gods? Is their power nothing but a weak fantasy, so easily exposed?

It sure looks like it from here. 

21 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

I haven't even fought him on many missions until they increased his spawn rate. First time I met him was on an Axi Survival. He came at Level 100-something, despite changelogs saying he's supposed to cap at 70. It took at least 4 rotations before he went down, and I wouldn't call any of our gear sub-optimal.

You've already shown above that you aren't very clear about what sub-optimal would be for this particular fight. 

23 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

. Another time he dropped into an Excavation. Have you ever tried fighting the Wolf as Limbo? Even after the three+ months that Nightwave has been around, they still haven't fixed him and his Mooks completely ignoring Limbo's Rift.

Did you know that some other enemies seem to be ignoring the rift and killing him in there anyway? Apparently the better thing to do is to high tail it away from the goons and let him follow you. And use the environment to keep away from the damage if you are squishy. 

Imagine! We had to adapt to deal with the situation we faced. What an innovation. Have video games ever seen the like? This will revolutionize everything! Or whatever. 🙄

30 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

Hydron, I've fought him when I was levelling my Harrow. I quit when the mission timer said 22min and he still had half his health.

Your personal failures are so very valuable to me? Like I said, when he spawned there, I killed him. He died. Repeatedly. I did it today too. Nobody else was able to do much about him. The volt split when he spawned, which was a shame since he would have gotten a blueprint if he stuck around for a few minutes. The speed boost would have been a nice touch too. I even tossed out a spectre to heal everyone since I was busy and didn't want to have to be healing everyone and my cat too. 

37 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

That's cool and all, but those parts are hidden behind two layers of RNG. I haven't seen a Wolf-Hammer part at all until the last weeks of Nightwave. Like I said, seeing a melee status mod drop after you've wasted time hacking away at him makes me want to close the game. 

If you want to prepare for an enemy that has a minuscule chance of spawning, while having a drop-table that looks like this:

And to think, I somehow farmed it on Hydron, like so many other people! Ahh well, we must all have been doing something wrong or whatever. 

42 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

Go right ahead. At least you'll be able to kill him quickly. Not sure what you're gonna do when S3 of Nightwave hits, dedicate a weapon slot for each one of the assassins? Either way, knock yourself out. As I've said from the very beginning, I'm going to keep playing the game how I was playing before they added him. If he spawns, he's just getting the Lunaro treatment from me.

You're right about being able to kill him quickly. And man that one time when there was also a Chroma with a paracesis and a Valkyr! I swear, he probably didn't know what the hell happened to him. Got so scared that he dropped the motor. Fun times, Tenno. Early lunch for all of us. 😁

As for what I'll do when nightwave3 comes along, I'll try to do what I did this time, adapt. I understand that you don't want to do that, but that really not a great strategy. 

You know what it's called when you can't see past the end of your nose because you'd rather look at yourself?  That's called narcissism, Mr Anecdotal.

Sub Optimal for this fight?  Anything Other than Radiation Crit weapons on a frame that can boost their damage.

The goons "pups" follow you about as fast as the Wolf himself does, unless you have allies to distract or CC them.

Wow, you are a piece of work in several ways.  Dishonest, condescending, and unable to consider other peoples' situations whatsoever.

40 minutes ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

So you don't consider the regular run of things to include enemies north of level 100, or, ironically, things like the Wolf himself.  Does that not tell you something, when an enemy has 3,000 or more times the health, and 30,000 or more times the EHP of anything else around the same level?  That's not just a boss.  That's insanity.

This is not level 40 wolf.  This is level 75+ wolf.

"It"?  What, pray tell, specifically?  Let's set up for some actual testing.  When are you talking about?  Are you talking about on his release?  After the sentient mask was applied?  After he's been nerfed down three or more times into the first stage of the tac alert where he appeared at level 40 or less, and with less than 200,000 HP?  A well-geared Eidolon hunting rifle would be expected to deal around 150,000-200,000 damage/shot (or quickly ramp up to or past that, like some snipers).  Without using a damage boosting frame like Chroma or Mirage, you're looking at that sniper taking several times the amount of shots it as its max ammo before killing a level 70+ wolf.

I use Artemis Bow on Ivara, often with a Kavat whom strips armor for me (yes, I know this lowers my damage more than if I could strip only 99% of his armor or something, but it's only an additional 1.75x mult that only applies to the radiation part of the damage).  My build does upward of 600,000 damage per shot, before any crit buffs from the kavat or the +250% crit damage from standing on an Empowered Quiver Dashwire.  A level 75 wolf before the tac alert (this is approximately the Wolf that spawns at wave five of Hydron) would take around fifty of these shots, after being armor stripped, to take out, and that's not counting the damage dealt by teammates.

Yes, a level 40 or better yet, 10 wolf evaporates like a puff in the breeze to well under a million damage, but there's some serious exponential EHP level scaling on him.

You're funny. You could answer most of the questions that you asked just by reading what you responded to. But you haven't. That's a novel way of doing things I suppose. 

To answer your questions about where and when, mostly hydron, mostly in public, mostly in the last month or so. 

The "it" that I tested on the Teralyst was my catchmoon kitgun, I think that it was haymaker and splat, but it's been a while since I made it. No riven, but a couple of primed mods that I have finally managed to get maxed out. Off the top of my head the stats are: over 12k rad damage, over 100% crit chance, over 4.7x crit damage. When my mixed use Rhino roars, add over 75% damage, and then there's Mr Smee. Now recall 'squad' which suggests that there were times when there were additional buffs. 

Lemme know how that math goes. 

4 minutes ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

You know what it's called when you can't see past the end of your nose because you'd rather look at yourself?  That's called narcissism, Mr Anecdotal.

Sub Optimal for this fight?  Anything Other than Radiation Crit weapons on a frame that can boost their damage.

The goons "pups" follow you about as fast as the Wolf himself does, unless you have allies to distract or CC them.

Wow, you are a piece of work in several ways.  Dishonest, condescending, and unable to consider other peoples' situations whatsoever.

You know what it's called when you post like this instead of seeing that you are doing all of the things you want to accuse others of? Irony. 

I strongly suggest that you try playing the game as intended, instead of trying to rewrite the games you play and declare that you should have been a winner if only it did what you decided it should have done. 

Good luck Tenno, you're going to need it. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You're funny. You could answer most of the questions that you asked just by reading what you responded to. But you haven't. That's a novel way of doing things I suppose.

I can and did use ctrl-f.

You did not answer my specific questions previously.  You answered that you fought it at hydron, but that only tells me the minimum level range.  It doesn't tell  me at what stage of tankiness nerfing, two nerfs of which happened in the last month.  You did not mention what your weapon was.  In fact, you called it a primary, and now you say it's a kitgun.

You answered very few to none of those questions before.  I did read.  You apparently can't remember what you've already posted or not.

You do not actually find me funny.  You are angered that I keep calling you out.

Catchmoon, 12k, let's just round to 5x crit 100% chance for ease of mental math, so 60k rad a shot.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

When my mixed use Rhino roars, add over 75% damage, and then there's Mr Smee. Now recall 'squad' which suggests that there were times when there were additional buffs.

You know perfectly well that no one in this thread knows what you're referring to as Mr Smee.  I can assume a Kavat, considering you mentioned armor strip, and I don't suspect you use a Sarpa, or Shattering Impact on some other melee weapon.

So, 60k.  Let's assume You Kavat was a Smeeta and you had the orange crit buff at the time.  Let's also assume that you had a 10x Chroma and a Harrow with a 200% Crit chance Covenant up the entire fight.  So, you automatically get 200% crit chance from the cat, 200% more from Harrow, for 14x damage, 1.75x from Rhino, and 10x from Chroma.  Your entirely meta Catchmoon is now doing just shy of three million damage per shot.

Now let's be more realistic.  You played Rhino and had an Adarza for the more reliable crit buff, and there probably wasn't another damage buff on the team that applied to your Catchmoon.  So, more like 155,000 damage per shot.

How long did it take the wolf to go down?  Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was just before the nerf that came with the tactical alert, since that seems to have nerfed the Wolf down to under a million HP at level 70 as far as I could tell.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You know what it's called when you post like this instead of seeing that you are doing all of the things you want to accuse others of? Irony. 

I strongly suggest that you try playing the game as intended, instead of trying to rewrite the games you play and declare that you should have been a winner if only it did what you decided it should have done. 

Good luck Tenno, you're going to need it. 

A liar claims that other people are just like himself.  Shocking.

An arrogant person assumes that the way he plays the game is the way that everyone who plays it should play.  Checks with chart.

Now, answer the question.

17 minutes ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

I can and did use ctrl-f.

You should have tried reading and comprehension instead. Just saying. 

You did not answer my specific questions previously.  You answered that you fought it at hydron, but that only tells me the minimum level range.  It doesn't tell  me at what stage of tankiness nerfing, two nerfs of which happened in the last month.  You did not mention what your weapon was.  In fact, you called it a primary, and now you say it's a kitgun.

Again this is where reading and comprehension would have helped. You wouldn't have cried about a level 40, 10 or anything else. But you did. 

Also I mentioned that I was levelling primaries and melee. Kind of hard to do while simultaneously carrying a primary to shoot the wolf with. 

You answered very few to none of those questions before.  I did read.  You apparently can't remember what you've already posted or not.

See above. 

You do not actually find me funny.  You are angered that I keep calling you out.

No you're rather funny. In a sad way. 

Catchmoon, 12k, let's just round to 5x crit 100% chance for ease of mental math, so 60k rad a shot.

Probably 59k most of the time, but over 100% means that every once in a while it goes over that. 

You know perfectly well that no one in this thread knows what you're referring to as Mr Smee.  I can assume a Kavat, considering you mentioned armor strip, and I don't suspect you use a Sarpa, or Shattering Impact on some other melee weapon.

Ooh you figured it out in one try! And the sarpa was only used when I didn't want to take Mr Smee. I prefer Mr Smee for several reasons. 

So, 60k.  Let's assume You Kavat was a Smeeta and you had the orange crit buff at the time.  Let's also assume that you had a 10x Chroma and a Harrow with a 200% Crit chance Covenant up the entire fight.  So, you automatically get 200% crit chance from the cat, 200% more from Harrow, for 14x damage, 1.75x from Rhino, and 10x from Chroma.  Your entirely meta Catchmoon is now doing just shy of three million damage per shot.

That a good assumption about the Kavat. And while the cathhmoon was rad crit, it's not truly meta. The eidolon hunting rifles were more efficient, and Valkyr and her claws were always far more damaging. But I preferred the cathhmoon for what I was doing (see levelling a bunch of primary and melee weapons). I am willing to admit that, you see? But maybe you don't want to because you are hoping that only one godlike meta weapon can do what I did?

Now let's be more realistic.  You played Rhino and had an Adarza for the more reliable crit buff, and there probably wasn't another damage buff on the team that applied to your Catchmoon.  So, more like 155,000 damage per shot.

No, it wasn't Dizzy. It was Mr Smee. What sort of maniac would name an ardaza kavat "Mr Smee"? And the Chromas were around quite a bit too. Apparently a lot of people enjoyed being able to deal more damage. 

How long did it take the wolf to go down?  Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was just before the nerf that came with the tactical alert, since that seems to have nerfed the Wolf down to under a million HP at level 70 as far as I could tell.

Depends on how many in the group were able to contribute to the damage and how likely they were to keep knocking the fugitives out of my stomp.

Sometimes a few minutes, sometimes fewer (I ever tell you about the time with the Chroma and the Valkyr? Oh. I did? Well, it was glorious!), occasionally more. 

A liar claims that other people are just like himself.  Shocking.

Is that why you posted calling me dishonest earlier? Well I guess we know now. 

An arrogant person assumes that the way he plays the game is the way that everyone who plays it should play.  Checks with chart.

Is that why you figure that nobody should be able to beat the wolf in a reasonable amount of time? Well I guess that's why you're advocating for them to change the game. How's that chart going? 

Now, answer the question.

Which?

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Ah well I guess that my weapons can't do that. But wait... They seem to have no significant problems doing bad things to the enemies I've run into. And since I only need one, it leaves me with slots to take a couple of other weapons. What a surprise! I am able to play the game as intended, and take on the wolf at the same time? How can this be? Am I more godlike than the people who think themselves gods? Is their power nothing but a weak fantasy, so easily exposed?

It sure looks like it from here. 

You've already shown above that you aren't very clear about what sub-optimal would be for this particular fight. 

Did you know that some other enemies seem to be ignoring the rift and killing him in there anyway? Apparently the better thing to do is to high tail it away from the goons and let him follow you. And use the environment to keep away from the damage if you are squishy. 

Imagine! We had to adapt to deal with the situation we faced. What an innovation. Have video games ever seen the like? This will revolutionize everything! Or whatever. 🙄

Your personal failures are so very valuable to me? Like I said, when he spawned there, I killed him. He died. Repeatedly. I did it today too. Nobody else was able to do much about him. The volt split when he spawned, which was a shame since he would have gotten a blueprint if he stuck around for a few minutes. The speed boost would have been a nice touch too. I even tossed out a spectre to heal everyone since I was busy and didn't want to have to be healing everyone and my cat too. 

And to think, I somehow farmed it on Hydron, like so many other people! Ahh well, we must all have been doing something wrong or whatever. 

You're right about being able to kill him quickly. And man that one time when there was also a Chroma with a paracesis and a Valkyr! I swear, he probably didn't know what the hell happened to him. Got so scared that he dropped the motor. Fun times, Tenno. Early lunch for all of us. 😁

As for what I'll do when nightwave3 comes along, I'll try to do what I did this time, adapt. I understand that you don't want to do that, but that really not a great strategy. 

Sounds to me like you're completely missing the point. I'm not talking about sitting my ass off on Hydron, waiting for him to spawn. I'm talking about trying to play the actual game without having to worry about a randomly decided vector that will disrupt the mission for, ultimately, nothing. Sure, I could always alter my loadout to have one wolf-killing weapon available (a terrific idea once Season 1 ends and his spawn rate will be nothing like it is right now) but I don't want to. I want to use weapons I like, not weapons/builds that are absolutely mandatory unless you feel like running a small chance of having to completely restart the mission.

Again, you can jack off your own ego about how you're so much better than the rest of us for preparing to fight the Wolf, as much as you like. I genuinely don't care for his drops, I don't care for the "exciting change in dynamics" he brings to every mission. All I care about is whether or not he and his successors disrupt my enjoyment of the game.

Edited by Eklectus

3 hours ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

I have to ask this.  Why in the hell were you having trouble with Wolf if you were doing this?  

Now before you go saying something like I don't know what I'm talking about, please look at and read my earlier posts in this topic.  Also feel free to take a look at my past posts on the forum as well as my in-game Profile for context.  

I have used Ivara in pretty much every context and scenario there is.  And I can honestly say that NONE of the Wolf versions either Pre-nerf, solo, or in a group was ever a problem for Ivara to handle.  Help me understand why you seem to be having one.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

39 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

Sounds to me like you're completely missing the point. I'm not talking about sitting my ass off on Hydron, waiting for him to spawn. I'm talking about trying to play the actual game without having to worry about a randomly decided vector that will disrupt the mission for, ultimately, nothing. Sure, I could always alter my loadout to have one wolf-killing weapon available (a terrific idea once Season 1 ends and his spawn rate will be nothing like it is right now) but I don't want to. I want to use weapons I like, not weapons/builds that are absolutely mandatory unless you feel like running a small chance of having to completely restart the mission.

Again, you can jack off your own ego about how you're so much better than the rest of us for preparing to fight the Wolf, as much as you like. I genuinely don't care for his drops, I don't care for the "exciting change in dynamics" he brings to every mission. All I care about is whether or not he and his successors disrupt my enjoyment of the game.

Repeat after me: "A weapon that was effective against the wolf, is also probably highly effective against most enemies elsewhere in warframe." 

It's really a simple concept to grasp here. The sheer popularity of the Arca Plasmor is proof that the damage type is pretty common and therefore effective. 

You could easily have taken one weapon in any of the 4 available slots (or more depending on the frame) but refused to adapt. As a result you had a difficult time and decided that it was the fault of anyone other than yourself. 

Your entire argument boils down to "I don't want to do this thing, so the entire game should revolve around what I want". That's a very "not good" look, Tenno. Just saying. 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Repeat after me: "A weapon that was effective against the wolf, is also probably highly effective against most enemies elsewhere in warframe." 

It's really a simple concept to grasp here. The sheer popularity of the Arca Plasmor is proof that the damage type is pretty common and therefore effective. 

You could easily have taken one weapon in any of the 4 available slots (or more depending on the frame) but refused to adapt. As a result you had a difficult time and decided that it was the fault of anyone other than yourself. 

Your entire argument boils down to "I don't want to do this thing, so the entire game should revolve around what I want". That's a very "not good" look, Tenno. Just saying. 

Repeat after me: "Just because it can be done, doesn't mean everyone wants to do it."

It's a really simple concept to grasp here. I have fun in the game by using unconventional builds and weapons. Yes, I could swap my Sobek for an Arca Plasmor, or even a Rubico P, but I don't want to because I have fun using the Sobek. I could swap my Akjagaras for a Catchmoon, but it's ugly and I will never use it unless I absolutely have to. I could use... Can you see where I'm going here? I, and many other players, don't want to stop having fun just for an encounter that will have a <2% chance of occurring. 

Your entire argument boils down to "You should just stop doing what made you enjoy the game in the first place and follow this strict guideline instead." (Which, once again, can turn into absurdity. Yes, dedicate one weapon slot for the Wolf, one weapon slot for the Viper, one weapon slot for the Cat, one weapon slot... oh, you ran out of weapon slots, too bad!) That's a very "not good" look, Tenno. Just saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eklectus said:

It's a really simple concept to grasp here. I have fun in the game by using unconventional builds and weapons. Yes, I could swap my Sobek for an Arca Plasmor, or even a Rubico P, but I don't want to because I have fun using the Sobek. I could swap my Akjagaras for a Catchmoon, but it's ugly and I will never use it unless I absolutely have to. I could use... Can you see where I'm going here? I, and many other players, don't want to stop having fun just for an encounter that will have a <2% chance of occurring. 

How is doing this any different than how I've beat down the Wolf multiple times using my standard loadout of Daikyu, AkBolto Prime, Venka Prime/Tatsu.  Or weapons like Supra vandal, Fusalai, Hema, and Garuda's Claws for when I'm not using Ivara.  I am proof that you can still use weapons you prefer and like to use and still make the Wolf your biyoch.  Just saying.  😄

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

How is doing this any different than how I've beat down the Wolf multiple times using my standard loadout of Daikyu, AkBolto Prime, Venka Prime/Tatsu.  Or weapons like Supra vandal, Fusalai, Hema, and Garuda's Claws for when I'm not using Ivara.  I am proof that you can still use weapons you prefer and like to use and still make the Wolf your biyoch.  Just saying.  😄

Killing the wolf solo doesn't count. As you were already told, solo wolf is a pushover. 

EDIT: Not that this argument even matters, since DE already said they don't want to add something as ridiculous as the wolf with the next season.

Edited by Eklectus

1 hour ago, Eklectus said:

Repeat after me: "Just because it can be done, doesn't mean everyone wants to do it."

Your entire argument boils down to "You should just stop doing what made you enjoy the game in the first place and follow this strict guideline instead." (Which, once again, can turn into absurdity. Yes, dedicate one weapon slot for the Wolf, one weapon slot for the Viper, one weapon slot for the Cat, one weapon slot... oh, you ran out of weapon slots, too bad!) That's a very "not good" look, Tenno. Just saying.

Yup I can see exactly where you are going. You think that the game needs to revolve around your version of fun, refuse to adapt to the situation, believe that there are only a few weapons that can work for the wolf (honestly Arca Plasmor would be a really poor choice and was only used as an example of the damage type being viable in the vast majority of situations). You are willing to make ridiculous hyperbolic claims, in the hopes that absurdity will convince in the absence of reason. 

There was no strict guideline for how to deal with the wolf and there are multiple viable ways to deal with his appearances. How many people have shown this to be the case throughout the event? 

Honestly, right now it just looks like a bunch of people who're addicted to whatever builds and build doctrines youtu.be fed them months or years ago. If you were really big on unconventional builds, then you would have been able to come up with at least one that would have suited your needs. The fact that you are complaining suggests that you weren't able to, not because such builds don't exist, but because you just refused to adjust to the changes. That's really very telling. 

Based on the levels of whining I'm seeing above when all you had to do was deal with the big woss, you'll be in full meltdown long before you ever have to deal with the Venusian Viper, the Cat of Ceres Two, the Parrot of Pluto, and the Echidna of Ancient Er, all being around at the same time. 

Sounds like a nifty challenge to me. Maybe running Ubuntu with their naming convention was preparing me for this? 

19 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

Killing the wolf solo doesn't count. As you were already told, solo wolf is a pushover. 

EDIT: Not that this argument even matters, since DE already said they don't want to add something as ridiculous as the wolf with the next season.

me and a group of three friends with no frames to buff damage and no weapons specialized to kill the wolf took like 15 minutes of straight up shooting him the whole time to kill him when he spawned before any of his nerfs on hydron. We all had atleast one weapon that would easily kill any other enemy but the wolf was way overclocked to give us a "Challenge" (But it was really just bullet spongey bs...). When a group of 4 veterans each with something suitable to kill one any other enemy in the game took that long I would hate to feel what is was like for a group of rather new players, that is where the hosts leaving because the mission may as well be over comes in as I recall. You should not be forced to bring a weapon for something that is not guaranteed to spawn each mission and is based completely off of RNG to kill ONE miniboss. If he stayed as he was and we only got more bosses like him every nightwave that each required a for the most part specific frame/Weapon combo to kill efficiently we would be out of slots of our choice after only three nightwaves and what happens with the forth boss then who we cant have a weapon for becaus eof the past three? Glad they confirmed nothing as ridiculous as the wolf for the next season, because even for a seasoned vet he could catch them off guard and through sheer tankiness, ability immunity, status immunity and unkillable goons killing them regardless of skill or gear in some cases, I normally don't condone make things easier but the wolf was a very rare exception... (AKA BS conditions and bullet sponges is not difficulty, just a crock of S#&amp;&#036;e!)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yup I can see exactly where you are going. You think that the game needs to revolve around your version of fun, refuse to adapt to the situation, believe that there are only a few weapons that can work for the wolf (honestly Arca Plasmor would be a really poor choice and was only used as an example of the damage type being viable in the vast majority of situations). You are willing to make ridiculous hyperbolic claims, in the hopes that absurdity will convince in the absence of reason. 

There was no strict guideline for how to deal with the wolf and there are multiple viable ways to deal with his appearances. How many people have shown this to be the case throughout the event? 

Honestly, right now it just looks like a bunch of people who're addicted to whatever builds and build doctrines youtu.be fed them months or years ago. If you were really big on unconventional builds, then you would have been able to come up with at least one that would have suited your needs. The fact that you are complaining suggests that you weren't able to, not because such builds don't exist, but because you just refused to adjust to the changes. That's really very telling. 

Based on the levels of whining I'm seeing above when all you had to do was deal with the big woss, you'll be in full meltdown long before you ever have to deal with the Venusian Viper, the Cat of Ceres Two, the Parrot of Pluto, and the Echidna of Ancient Er, all being around at the same time. 

Sounds like a nifty challenge to me. Maybe running Ubuntu with their naming convention was preparing me for this? 

Obviously I'm going to base my opinion of the wolf on my opinion of fun. I'm playing the game because I want to have fun, after all. However, you seem to be missing the point yet again. Yes, I can alter my loadout for the slight chance I'll have to fight a ridiculous bullet sponge on a mission that should've taken 5 mins tops. But why the hell would I do that? You seem to be stuck on this idea of adapting to a situation, while suggesting we all purchase volcano insurance for every single mission we attempt. Look at the encounter rates when he was first introduced. A majority of players didn't even see the wolf once, before the rates were increased. I think I'm going to stick to my preferred weapons and just restart a mission once a month. Saves me a headache.

1 hour ago, Eklectus said:

You didn't read any of my posts.  I only did him solo as Ivara.  I've fought him multiple times in groups as Garuda, Mag Prime, and Titania.  All of those were using my favorite weapons with Gas builds and not Rad.  I had specifically said solo as Ivara.  Not that I was solo every other time. 

So, now what's your excuse?  Please enlighten us all.   

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

You didn't read any of my posts.  I only did him solo as Ivara.  I've fought him multiple times in groups as Garuda, Mag Prime, and Titania.  All of those were using my favorite weapons with Gas builds and not Rad.  I had specifically said solo as Ivara.  Not that I was solo every other time. 

So, now what's your excuse?  Please enlighten us all.   

Ah, so you did precisely nothing while your team took him down. Gotcha.

8 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

Ah, so you did precisely nothing while your team took him down. Gotcha.

Actually, in almost every case I was the main one doing damage to Wolf each time and the one to get the kill on him while also having the most damage dealt at End mission stats.   Like I said earlier, it's a difference between copying a youtube build and KNOWING why it works.  I never needed to change my builds because they still work with my playstyle even against Wolf.   

The only enemy I had to change truly change my formula with was for Eidolons.  😛

edit: before you start trying to talk down to me, you might want to do some research about the things I mentioned earlier.  You might actually enlighten yourself on some game mechanics.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

And each time he dropped his rarest parts and then your party thanked you and you all lived happily ever after. I apologize if I'm no longer sounding serious about this conversation, but that's because I'm not. This entire time, the two of you have been telling me these "amazing" stories of how you can easily kill him with just about anything and yet even the devs admit they went overboard with him. How about you post one of these builds you're talking about so those of us who see him as a ridiculous bullet sponge can finally be convinced that he's just so easy?

• Like 1

Just now, Eklectus said:

And each time he dropped his rarest parts and then your party thanked you and you all lived happily ever after. I apologize if I'm no longer sounding serious about this conversation, but that's because I'm not. This entire time, the two of you have been telling me these "amazing" stories of how you can easily kill him with just about anything and yet even the devs admit they went overboard with him. How about you post one of these builds you're talking about so those of us who see him as a ridiculous bullet sponge can finally be convinced that he's just so easy?

What's this?  You don't understand enough about the game and it's mechanics to make your own builds?  That can't be the case.  Or will there just be more whining instead of taking accountability for your own game play actions or lack of.  

The whole...

qJQ7O5l.jpg

is just getting very old after constantly seeing it in the forums for the last year.  

• Like 1

Or, and hear me out here, I'm already using gear and builds that work for me in literally every piece of content and have no reason to change them for a single encounter. But hey, if you're gonna respond with "just figure it out for yourself" when asked for proof of your true stories working, I'm more than content with calling bullS#&amp;&#036; on everything you told me so far.

• Like 1