Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IEpicWolfI

Are Night Wave rewards going away soon?

Question

I've not been following Warframe for past few weeks. My job keeps me away from playing and I've hardly time to play. Night Wave is grindy as hell, just as the rest if the game, but I'm hearing that the recent tactical alert means Wolf of Saturn Six is ending. I'm no where near the final rank, are the rewards going soon?

19 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Yes, May 15

Great. Did they say if they'll be back at all?

Yes. This first nightwave season will be ending on May 15th.

The wolf tactical alert only requires you to be on nightwave rank 5 so you don't have to have gotten all the rewards to farm for the sledge, but it also ending in 4 hours (from the time of this post)

1 minute ago, IEpicWolfI said:

No confirmation.

Most likely the gameplay-related ones will be back, including Umbral Forma, but the cosmetics are unknown. 

Just now, Khaomens said:

Yes. This first nightwave season will be ending on May 15th.

The wolf tactical alert only requires you to be on nightwave rank 5 so you don't have to have gotten all the rewards to farm for the sledge, but it also ending in 4 hours (from the time of this post)

I managed to get the sledge, but I'm interested in the rest of the rewards.

Wish the game catered a bit to people who have jobs.

6 minutes ago, IEpicWolfI said:

They mentioned in one of the dev streams that it would return again at some point but who knows when or how. Might happen after season 2 if they can't think of a season 3 story by then.

15 minutes ago, IEpicWolfI said:

Wish the game catered a bit to people who have jobs.

The next set of alerts is going to be less grindy.

5 hours ago, IEpicWolfI said:

Most probably not, the only thing staying will be the wolf as an assassin on very high levels

They also said in the last dev stream that they will be adding in the ability to catch up with weekly missions you might have missed. Once you finish the current weeks, ones you did not get to finish will pop in to allow for catch up time for people who don't get to play a lot.

to clarify: DE said that he Earliest date to end this nightwave season is 15th of may. There was no information on it ending in two days, so my assumption that it will go on for a few days more.

1 hour ago, IEpicWolfI said:

To add on to what others have said, I think in one of the devstreams they mentioned putting the cosmetic stuff in as prestige rewards for other series. So if you get to rank 30 in the next series and have like 4 weeks left you can prestige and get past rewards like the wolf armor and such.

On top of that, WoSS should come around again in a year I'd guess.

I read on a fanpage that the intention was that Wolf will still random spawn after the Battlepass (maybe with changed spawnrates, but that's just my thoughts).
So the drops from the Wolf can still be obtained after NW if the info is right.

2 hours ago, MessoR said:

to clarify: DE said that he Earliest date to end this nightwave season is 15th of may. There was no information on it ending in two days, so my assumption that it will go on for a few days more.

Indeed. Given that they’ve put out the normal number of challenges and no alert (which I would expect) to remind people to spend Wolf Creds, I suspect it’ll finish at the end of the week. 

Also OP - you had 11 weeks to finish 60% of Nightwave. It isn’t DE’s fault if life got in the way of that. The next season will cater / pander more to those that can’t / won’t do the grind. 

Thanks for the input guys. Hope the rewards do come back, I only got to rank 8 or 9, but thanfully I managed to put the hammer together. Sucks immensly to have little time to play at all, on top of the grind for it.

8 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

Also OP - you had 11 weeks to finish 60% of Nightwave. It isn’t DE’s fault if life got in the way of that.

The 'You had X time to do Y' is really not an answer. I work 12hrs shifts, 3 days on, 1 off, 2 days in, 1 off. On those single days off I've a lot of other IRL obligations and I try to squeeze in as much time to play anything. Sure, I get that the event was on for quite a while, but nit all of us can dedicate much time to grind in games.

Just now, IEpicWolfI said:

The 'You had X time to do Y' is really not an answer. I work 12hrs shifts, 3 days on, 1 off, 2 days in, 1 off. On those single days off I've a lot of other IRL obligations and I try to squeeze in as much time to play anything. Sure, I get that the event was on for quite a while, but nit all of us can dedicate much time to grind in games.

My apologies - I didn’t mean to sound sarcastic or inflammatory. I’m just frustrated as these threads and comments keep popping up at a rate of knots. DE does need to find a balance between those that can and those that struggle but, for the latter group, there has to be an expectation of missing out without the need to expect that things are handed to them. A game needs an element of reward to those than can to make it worthwhile. 

I’m also a shift worker and feel your pain, especially when my rest days are cancelled or I’m required to stay on late. It’s just one of those things unfortunately. But I accept I’ll miss out on some gaming elements, just as you do with things IRL thanks to work. 

Just now, Mez999 said:

My apologies - I didn’t mean to sound sarcastic or inflammatory. I’m just frustrated as these threads and comments keep popping up at a rate of knots. DE does need to find a balance between those that can and those that struggle but, for the latter group, there has to be an expectation of missing out without the need to expect that things are handed to them. A game needs an element of reward to those than can to make it worthwhile. 

I’m also a shift worker and feel your pain, especially when my rest days are cancelled or I’m required to stay on late. It’s just one of those things unfortunately. But I accept I’ll miss out on some gaming elements, just as you do with things IRL thanks to work. 

No worries pal, wish more people understood that. I'm not here whining that I miss out, I'm here just asking if the cosmetics will be back whether as new achievable rewards or a pack to purchase etc. I really hate missing out on new things on Warframe after the time I've put into it so far xd

2 minutes ago, IEpicWolfI said:

No worries pal, wish more people understood that. I'm not here whining that I miss out, I'm here just asking if the cosmetics will be back whether as new achievable rewards or a pack to purchase etc. I really hate missing out on new things on Warframe after the time I've put into it so far xd

Ha, tell me about it. Nothing worse than being stuck at work and the App “kindly” notifies you about a time limited alert. That’s what Nightwave was brought in to stop. 

Hopefully Season 2 brings us the balance that’ll allow you to jump on and do it quicker. There’s less Acts that reward the same standings and the time limits and other bits have been trimmed. 

Apologies again - I can see what your initial question is now. I think I latched on to one line of a later comment and had a little moan. 

5 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

Apologies again - I can see what your initial question is now. I think I latched on to one line of a later comment and had a little moan. 

No worries, bud!