Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarize with forma 3 times not in simulacrum

ZeroX4

So is there a difference to using forma in simulacrum?
Can i polarize in simulacrum as much as i want which will be accounted only in simulacrum and revert to previous state when i leave it?

If yes then how?

If no then whats the point in "not in simulacrum" part of this challenge?

To be honest I don't use the simulacrum much, and I believe that no, we cannot freely use forma to "simulate" there, even though I agree we should be able to test builds and gear that way.

But that the NW challenge implies it, that it does. So I'm nearly as confused as you, but too lazy to find out if I'm wrong in assuming we actually cannot freely simulate builds.

Furthermore I'm surprised this challenge seems like it's staying for Season 2, along with the gilding one. Truly the worst challenges for me, and I'm including all the grindy/hated/unwanted challenges in season 1 in that comparison.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

There are some people who did polarize in the simulacrum but since this is a place where nothing counts, (no enemies drop, like mods or bp) The polarization doesn't count either, even if the forma works, the challenge doesn't count as "completed"

• Like 2

I'm upset its asking for 3 Formas! 3!

I mean, christ. DE may as well just cut the crap & rename the challenge: "Pay us 35 platinum."

I mean, damn. I can't do the challenge this week. I don't have time to farm Forma this week, additionally, the stuff I would Forma...has been Forma'd....so...uh...

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I mean, christ. DE may as well just cut the crap & rename the challenge: "Pay us 35 platinum."

I mean, damn. I can't do the challenge this week. I don't have time to farm Forma this week, additionally, the stuff I would Forma...has been Forma'd....so...uh...

It seems like like they don’t listen at all or they just don’t care 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZeroZX4 said:

The simulacrum is designated as a zone where challenges don't apply.  This is to prevent the "Kill X enemies" or "Kill X Eximus units" or "Kill enemies with X element" and so forth from being completed in there near instantly with turned off AI or something similar..  Similar to how riven challenges can't be completed in the simulacrum.
Its a blanket "No challenges can be finished here." and I don't think that DE could easily unwind it to the point where only the kill challenges are not completable in the simulacrum and the other challenges are.

ok thx 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

if you did not notice after like fortuna was implemented into warframe every update they made every stuff they added feels or just literally IS like a stupid gimmick to force/push us into spending plat 

imagine starting game today and trying to get all nitains u need to craft all that stuff and that is just 1 example

13 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

ok thx 

if you did not notice after like fortuna was implemented into warframe every update they made every stuff they added feels or just literally IS like a stupid gimmick to force/push us into spending plat 

imagine starting game today and trying to get all nitains u need to craft all that stuff and that is just 1 example

To be fair. Nitain is very easy to get now.

I have 6 New players under my wing atm. None of them have problems with Nitain anymore.

One of em has over 50 Nitain now. Go back pre-Nightwave and to write that on these forums would have a person hung, stoned, & burned at the stake all at the same time; for being a liar & a Charlatan.

That said, some of the challenges they chose to keep are...questionable.

Forma, Modular, & debatably Ayatan Treasures are not well designed.

If the challenge was 1 Forma...I think people would be cool.

If Modular Weapons were something like build, donate, or Guild 1 Modular Weapon. People might be less angry.

Ayatan Treasure should also just be 1 treasure. As that is 100% feasible for all players. 3 (or 5) is basically saying: Hope RNG spawns a treasure for you, or buy plat so you can buy treasures off other players.

I get that Seasons 1-3 will be the "test run seasons" but this forma challenge is a no brainer.

the forma challenge is even worse this time around since the last few times it occurred you were "rewarded" with 3 forma that they made you use to complete the challenge. Further increasing the odds they see a little money on their end from new players or people who just don't any forma/time to build it when they get around to the challenges. They should be called out on this still because I don't trust anyone and am uncomfortable with challenges they benefit from in a monetary way. It's also not good for people that play the game a lot and already have forma in things to where if they use forma it is a waste. Forma 1 thing is something I could at least kind of tolerate but ehh, still rubs me the wrong way. This challenge along with the gilding challenge aren't acceptable, with gilding being even bigger grind for people who have everything gilded and are done with that kind of content.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

To be fair. Nitain is very easy to get now.

I have 6 New players under my wing atm. None of them have problems with Nitain anymore.

One of em has over 50 Nitain now. Go back pre-Nightwave and to write that on these forums would have a person hung, stoned, & burned at the stake all at the same time; for being a liar & a Charlatan.

That said, some of the challenges they chose to keep are...questionable.

Forma, Modular, & debatably Ayatan Treasures are not well designed.

If Modular Weapons were something like build, donate, or Guild 1 Modular Weapon. People might be less angry.

Ayatan Treasure should also just be 1 treasure. As that is 100% feasible for all players. 3 (or 5) is basically saying: Hope RNG spawns a treasure for you, or buy plat so you can buy treasures off other players.

I get that Seasons 1-3 will be the "test run seasons" but this forma challenge is a no brainer.

I only need Nitain for cosmetics, and since NW started I've gotten about the same as I would have from alerts, maybe less.  20-25 since its start, with 2 silver potatoes and a steel charge to sell when it was going for 50p one day.  But that's it... no helmets, no other aura's, no reactors, no tellurium, oxium...  For working full-time and having a busy social life I was able to get so much more with alerts.  I'm def buying more silver potatoes now than prior to NW, so while nitain isn't any worse the acquisition of everything else is.  If their true goal was to increase plat sales, it was a huge success, as Im spending 2-3x the plat for cat's than I ever had to with alerts

I mentioned the steel charge because that is a major side effect I've noticed; the cost of the good aura's are doubled on a good day, 5-10x their previous plat cost on bad days.  May not be bad for the new players that have a vet helping them, giving them the essential mods/aura's, etc, but for a new solo player this system is not very enticing.

I really think they need to either double/triple the creds given, or cut the price of the potatoes down to like 15-20.  Maybe then it would reward a somewhat fair amount compared to alerts, although one is still not getting the resources (that added up quickly, especially cryotic, oxium, tellurium)  Been farming these for the first time in years since NW started...

Edited by (PS4)segulibanez65
  • Like 1

Yup, the Forma challenge can go get stuffed up a Void.

REALLY crappy to put this in and RUSH new players to use their Forma. Bad form DE, very bad form. Whomever thought of this, and those that allowed it to happen should be ashamed of themselves.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Or you could just do 3 void fissure missions with unrefined relics...pretty much guaranteed 3 formas that way. :wink:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Nope. It's still one unnecessary use of a Forma. I've already forma'd all my stuff, everything else is a waste of both time and resources.

15 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Or you could just do 3 void fissure missions with unrefined relics...pretty much guaranteed 3 formas that way. :wink:

It never works that way.

Refined relics give formas. Unrefined give the gold crap. (I hate rng...)

Also my luck is atrocious with relics. When I NEED Forma it gives me everything BUT forma.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I mean, it's one challenge in the whole week, you're not forced to it, plus if you already finished rank 30 of nightwave there's not really a point in continuing, maybe for wolf creds but you'll have next seasons for that

I agree that the challenge is meh, very meh, but like I said, it's one out of like 15 or 20 challenges 

8 hours ago, ZeroZX4 said:

So is there a difference to using forma in simulacrum?
Can i polarize in simulacrum as much as i want which will be accounted only in simulacrum and revert to previous state when i leave it?

If yes then how?

no challenges work in the simulacrum. rivens, forma, nightwave, you name it. it was reflected as such so they dont have to change the entire system for this one thing. it has no outside meaning.

2 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I mean, it's one challenge in the whole week, you're not forced to it, plus if you already finished rank 30 of nightwave there's not really a point in continuing, maybe for wolf creds but you'll have next seasons for that

I agree that the challenge is meh, very meh, but like I said, it's one out of like 15 or 20 challenges 

I am skipping it. It's as the saying goes:

"Its the thought that counts."

11 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Don't be so dramatic. If you play any relics forma are the most common drop. Build one per day and change 3 polarity. You have 7 days to build and use 3.