ZeroZX4

Polarize with forma 3 times not in simulacrum

Players are weak, their Companions and Weapons are weak, they cry for harder content while their are not willing to become stronger when DE asked for that. Love all those Chromas, Rhinos, Volts entering Eidolon Hunts with V Aura Polarity.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'm upset its asking for 3 Formas! 3!

I mean, christ. DE may as well just cut the crap & rename the challenge: "Pay us 35 platinum."

I mean, damn. I can't do the challenge this week. I don't have time to farm Forma this week, additionally, the stuff I would Forma...has been Forma'd....so...uh...

14 hours ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

It seems like like they don’t listen at all or they just don’t care 

OR 

Skip that ONE CHALLENGE! You only have to complete 60% of the challenges. Take a chill pill. And do some pre-forma farming next time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

OR 

Skip that ONE CHALLENGE! You only have to complete 60% of the challenges. Take a chill pill. And do some pre-forma farming next time.

some of us ead dinner go to the kitchen and clean their dishes and then see there are still some dishes left to clean but they are not ours why should we clean them up?
but we do just because there is something to do and we just cant clean our dishes and leave other dirty

and same rule applies to many other aspects of our life same for even game
its not about getting reward its about there is something to do and even we dont need to we feel we should do it

so not everyone here are chilled enough like yo to "leave dirty dishes"

23 hours ago, ZeroZX4 said:

So is there a difference to using forma in simulacrum?
Can i polarize in simulacrum as much as i want which will be accounted only in simulacrum and revert to previous state when i leave it?

If yes then how?

If no then whats the point in "not in simulacrum" part of this challenge?

I don't want to call DE lazy, but it's definitely the lazy method of doing things. It's the same reason we can't use Archguns in ESO. The easiest way to do it is to block everything from working instead of being specific with what works and what doesn't. So no challenges work in the Simulacrum and no gear items work in ESO. 

15 hours ago, ZeroZX4 said:

some of us ead dinner go to the kitchen and clean their dishes and then see there are still some dishes left to clean but they are not ours why should we clean them up?
but we do just because there is something to do and we just cant clean our dishes and leave other dirty

and same rule applies to many other aspects of our life same for even game
its not about getting reward its about there is something to do and even we dont need to we feel we should do it

so not everyone here are chilled enough like yo to "leave dirty dishes"

Your metaphor has no bearing. And its not DE's fault you feel compelled to check every box.

19 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

I did skip it. I'm also skipping complete 3 Sorties.

The threads point is that the Forma 3 things is not a good challenge. It's poorly designed.

Its akin to a cash grab and for those who do farm forma. Unless they have some already built they are out of time to do the challenge as early as Wednesday/Thursday depending on when they started crafting. 24hrs per Forma is what does the "free" method in.

The challenge is just not well done. Should be no more than 1 forma (if anything).

As I said before: "Its the thought that counts."

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The threads point is that the Forma 3 things is not a good challenge. It's poorly designed.

Its akin to a cash grab and for those who do farm forma. Unless they have some already built they are out of time to do the challenge as early as Wednesday/Thursday depending on when they started crafting. 24hrs per Forma is what does the "free" method in.

The challenge is just not well done. Should be no more than 1 forma (if anything).

So in short, you're lazy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The LAST thing it is, is a cash grab. That is fear mongering at its best.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

The LAST thing it is, is a cash grab. That is fear mongering at its best.

3 Forma, Bundle of 3 for 35 plat, Challenge asking players to spend 3 Forma.

If it isn't a Cash Grab then what's wrong with the challenge being: "Forma 1 time" (Not in the Simulacrum)

That's both realistic, accessible to even new players, & not a strain on resources.

It also prevents the creation of bad habits such as waiting till a weekly reset to Forma something.

Much like Ayatan Statues, many players wait till the challenges drop.

So they deliberately are holding back their own progression/gameplay. Yes they don't "NEED" to do the challenge. But that doesn't negate the fact it happens & that the challenge encourages such behavior.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

It's not a Cash Grab as Formas are accessible in-game, just so you know. It would be a Cash Grab if the challenge was "Equip the Vermillion Skin on Ember" or "Buy 3 Tennogen".

It's as much a "poorly designed" challenge as "complete one sortie" as "completing one Sortie" require a level 30 Warframe, which you may not have (for plenty of reasons).

You guys are really crying over nothing here. 3 Forma is nothing. If you're a newbie, this challenge will at best teach you what a Forma is. At worst, it will "force" you to improve your setup (OH NOES). If you're a vet, then gtfo, either you have 20 billion forma in your inventory, or you simply don't care anymore about Nightwave as you have enough Catalysts, Reactors, Nitain and you anyway are already 30 since a long time.

And the excuse "I have nothing to apply a forma on, buuh hu hu hu" is ridiculous. Wisp will come out likely before the 19th, and even if it doesn't, pretty sure you have plenty of weapons. I wanted those 3k points, so I put a Forma on my TBoltor (didn't use it for ages, but I enjoyed this weapon so that's not a neat loss), Valkyr's talons and the Amprex which will serve to eventually improve their builds at one point in the future.

You guys are cheap, that's astonishing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Your metaphor has no bearing. And its not DE's fault you feel compelled to check every box.

just cause you dont get it it does not mean it hasnt
and i never claimed its de fault its our fault because we feel obligated to do something 
but isnt the idea of putting new stuff into anything is to adjust something for the customers and not adjust customers to something?

correct me if im wrong but de is trying hard to force us to cover all gameplay aspect of the game 
like for example i never did catch any fluff and im not willing to and someone put a good chunk of work into it so we have that option in a game
so wouldnt the idea of nightwave should be to make me WANT to track and catch any floof instead of my passing each nw challenge with floofs?

de is making this all shiets so we play them use them experience them not to be just ignored by us 
so if something is not right for us shouldnt it be adjusted for us so we start to care?

Ya know..if this ONE CHALLENGE is giving you trouble...so much stress...

...You COULD just, I dunno...SKIP THIS ONE CHALLENGE!

It will in no way impede you from reaching Rank 30.  

...or you could learn from this and be better prepared by making sure to have Forma building every/most every day.... It's not hard to get it to drop in relics, ESPECIALLY on PUGs.

32 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

just cause you dont get it it does not mean it hasnt
and i never claimed its de fault its our fault because we feel obligated to do something 
but isnt the idea of putting new stuff into anything is to adjust something for the customers and not adjust customers to something?

correct me if im wrong but de is trying hard to force us to cover all gameplay aspect of the game 
like for example i never did catch any fluff and im not willing to and someone put a good chunk of work into it so we have that option in a game
so wouldnt the idea of nightwave should be to make me WANT to track and catch any floof instead of my passing each nw challenge with floofs?

de is making this all shiets so we play them use them experience them not to be just ignored by us 
so if something is not right for us shouldnt it be adjusted for us so we start to care?

Are you implying that DE, a Video Game Development Studio, might be...trying to encourage us to PLAY more of their GAME?!

MADNESS!  The SCANDAL!  OH, what TERROR!!  

/SSSSSSSSSSS

So far only "Gild 1 modular item" is annoying. Why? - I have all modular weapons built and gilded. Forma something 3 times? Oh my, what is it? A thing I'm allready doing non-stop because only thing left for me before new major patch is to make strongest possible build for every item in the game? 3 Forma's are dirt cheap because you can either build them from blueprints acuired from Relics or you can buy them with 35 plat you get from trading stuff you get from Relics....

Also as many people said: Can't do it? - Skip it.

On 2019-05-14 at 12:22 AM, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

OR 

I’m sitting on 155 forma what are you trying to say 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Are you implying that DE, a Video Game Development Studio, might be...trying to encourage us to PLAY more of their GAME?!

MADNESS!  The SCANDAL!  OH, what TERROR!!  

/SSSSSSSSSSS

nah you didnt get it

i mean if there is something in game that players tend to skip idea is not to force them into doing it but making them want do it
1 forma instead of 3 would be good change
im mr 27 i miss only 1 weapon from wf that i will get from daily tribute
why there is a challenge where i have to use forma anyway? i did used so many formas in the past i believe using it 3 times again wont add anything to my experience
why not challenge like do 3x times 10 waves on hydron with a squad of at least 2 players?

this way i would care to do it fast so i would take something with aoe like banshee and help this way get other players do their leveling up faster
would that be a bad change?
or even better why not as for floofs which i dont need or want and i believe many ppl view them just like me as part of a game i can skip forever
why not let me trade floofs for something that can be valuble for example ayatan amber star? 2 floof 1 amber star
would that be bad change? would that not encourage me and any1 else into completing this challenge?
because as its right now its just do something u dont want to get something you dont need

dont you think it would be alot better if it be like do something u dont want but trade it for something that you would at last care for?
problem is not in fact de is trying to make us play all aspects of the game but in the way how they try to do it

and thats why ppl complain
this is not a proposal but imagine if there would be 50 plat for 3 formas challenge or floof capturing challenge would any1 complain?
would any1 would even have balls to complain?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Ya know..if this ONE CHALLENGE is giving you trouble...so much stress...

...You COULD just, I dunno...SKIP THIS ONE CHALLENGE!

Which is what many people are doing.

Just because players have the "option" to skip it, doesnt mean it isn't a badly designed challenge.

The "with a friend/clanmate" challenges were badly designed & those were skippable.

So by your logic. All challenges are fine because they can be skipped.

There is no point in having challenges that a vast number (from what I'm seeing a majority) of players will skip. If its skipped that heavily then its badly designed & might as well not even be there.

It will in no way impede you from reaching Rank 30.  

Unless this is the last week of Season 1 (it is). And there are players who are trying to get it this week. For some this challenge is basically saying "Pay 35p to get rank 30"

Because if they don't already have Forma cooking by Wednesday's daily reset they will be out of luck.

...or you could learn from this and be better prepared by making sure to have Forma building every/most every day.... It's not hard to get it to drop in relics, ESPECIALLY on PUGs.

I see. That's a perfectly sane expectation & behavior. Nothing wrong with that at all.

On 2019-05-13 at 9:40 AM, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

There are some people who did polarize in the simulacrum but since this is a place where nothing counts, (no enemies drop, like mods or bp) The polarization doesn't count either, even if the forma works, the challenge doesn't count as "completed"

Wait, so instead of fixing the issue they just spackled "Do not use in simulacrum" on the challenge.

On 2019-05-14 at 2:38 PM, BL4CKN0ISE said:

I don't want to call DE lazy, but it's definitely the lazy method of doing things. It's the same reason we can't use Archguns in ESO. The easiest way to do it is to block everything from working instead of being specific with what works and what doesn't. So no challenges work in the Simulacrum and no gear items work in ESO. 

nah its not about them being lazy its about they fail to understand or more like consider what players in fact want
same principal as itzal nerf

idea should not be to limit 1 thing so we start using other things but make other things so useful that WE as players wont limit our selfs to 1 thing
best example where they go with that idea was fetch mod and vacuum mod for all companions 
this way they eliminated choice between "do i want my companion to pick stuff for me or i gonna choose other?"
now all companions can pick stuff and we started to see more ppl use different companions than carrier

but players instead of demanding/asking for better change care to just straight go and complain that something is bad
well never nothing get better from just pointing it was bad

27 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Wait, so instead of fixing the issue they just spackled "Do not use in simulacrum" on the challenge.

Yeah

Posted (edited)
On 2019-05-14 at 12:56 AM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'm upset its asking for 3 Formas! 3!

I mean, christ. DE may as well just cut the crap & rename the challenge: "Pay us 35 platinum."

I mean, damn. I can't do the challenge this week. I don't have time to farm Forma this week, additionally, the stuff I would Forma...has been Forma'd....so...uh...

I do feel this, but...

This Nightwave challenge has made me realize two things:

1. How easy it is to acquire Forma. Before NW I would buy Forma pretty regularly in bundles. Once Nightwave challenged me to use 3 of them, I started running Void missions with Forma in mind, recognizing that in a Pub Relic run with all-Common rewards, taking a Forma BP was worth more than 15 Ducats' worth of junk a lot of the time. I stockpiled several Forma BPs (and Forma) pretty quick, and after 2 iterations of the Act, sparing Forma was no longer an issue.
  2. How awesome some weapons can be with a little Polarization. Legit, there are a bunch of really nice weapons I've passed on because they came with few to no innate polarities and I wasn't seeing them shred enemies on my first runthrough with them. My most recent case was the Knell -- full-auto high-crit wonderland* with headshots you can keep up for a long time with any hard-CC frame (Harrow, Volt, Equinox, Excal, Limbo, Ivara, etc....). But it has no innate polarities. You can't really mod it well straight out the gate, so it's easy to ignore for underperformance. Slap a few V's on it though and it's amazing. Putting time into weapons like Knell, Exergis and other low-polarity weapons, giving them a chance at using a full build, really changed my mind about what constitutes a strong weapon. Don't get me wrong, it still sucks when I hit Upgrade and see this weapon gets no help from the start, but I've realized that helping a weapon along makes a difference, and I've found new toys because of it.

*EDIT: Granted, the Knell received its buff to full auto during this Nightwave Series, and I did take advantage of that, doubling up on usefulness. This might not be the best example, but it's still a good one, and it's the most recent I can think of.

Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ZeroZX4 said:

nah you didnt get it

i mean if there is something in game that players tend to skip idea is not to force them into doing it but making them want do it
1 forma instead of 3 would be good change
im mr 27 i miss only 1 weapon from wf that i will get from daily tribute
why there is a challenge where i have to use forma anyway? i did used so many formas in the past i believe using it 3 times again wont add anything to my experience
why not challenge like do 3x times 10 waves on hydron with a squad of at least 2 players?

this way i would care to do it fast so i would take something with aoe like banshee and help this way get other players do their leveling up faster
would that be a bad change?
or even better why not as for floofs which i dont need or want and i believe many ppl view them just like me as part of a game i can skip forever
why not let me trade floofs for something that can be valuble for example ayatan amber star? 2 floof 1 amber star
would that be bad change? would that not encourage me and any1 else into completing this challenge?
because as its right now its just do something u dont want to get something you dont need

dont you think it would be alot better if it be like do something u dont want but trade it for something that you would at last care for?
problem is not in fact de is trying to make us play all aspects of the game but in the way how they try to do it

and thats why ppl complain
this is not a proposal but imagine if there would be 50 plat for 3 formas challenge or floof capturing challenge would any1 complain?
would any1 would even have balls to complain?

Nope, I got it...You just don't agree..which is fine if you want to state your own opinion.  But it's not a fact.

What you're actually asking for, whether you'd state it as such or not, is for DE to basically just void the point of challenges at ALL and pretty much GIVE you the "rewards" from the get-go.

Not everything needs to be something you "like" to get to something you -want-.   

Posted (edited)

It is bad - and certainly bad for players who don't need or want to forma anything.  I definitely don't need or want to forma anything.  The last time this challenge came up, I forma'd a check back to a check. then had a rank 0 weapon I had to level up again for absolutely no reason.  

as for "it only takes 24 hours to craft one and get it back" - well sure, but some of us have several Aura forma Bp's we are building - which take 4 forma each. So in my case for example I had 6 aura formas, which makes 24 regular forma - so it'd take me 24 days to get around to making up that one.

Which actually brings me to my thought and that is applying an Aura forma should count for all three - after all you just consumed 4 by making it.

In any event, people are upset I think because unlike most if not all other challenges, this one is directly tied to the platinum economy and just reeks of a money grab (even if there are simple ways around it).

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

What you're actually asking for, whether you'd state it as such or not, is for DE to basically just void the point of challenges at ALL and pretty much GIVE you the "rewards" from the get-go.

That's not what the person was asking for and you know it.  The Nightwave challenges in general are meant to encourage people to PLAY the game.  If that were the intent of this (the only, and weak, argument for THIS PARTICULAR challenge by nature of having to level your crap up again), the challenge would have been "Rank three items from 0 to 30".  But that's not the challenge - the challenge is apply 3 forma - they don't care if you play the game, so long as you use up that forma.  Perhaps its not DE's intent but it smells like they hope:

• some people don't have time to farm forma, or are impatient to get the challenge done and will buy a forma or three from the market. 
  • some people don't have time to craft a forma, and rush it for plat.

The above is why people don't like THIS challenge and I haven't seen one person asking for anyone to "just void the point of challenges at ALL and pretty much GIVE" anything.  Get off your white horse already.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

Posted (edited)

This challenge is not new. You could have prepared. I have an ungilded Zaw lying around just in case, plus several unfilled Ayatan treasures. Not hard to farm a few Forma's and wait for the challenge.

Well designed challenge? Nope.

Hard to complete? Also nope. It was my first completed challenge of this week.

Edited by Aazhyd
  • Like 1