Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1 End Date

Marcooose

The Wolf of Saturn Six will soon leave the airwaves. Nightwave Series 1 will be ending on Sunday, May 19th at 20:00 ET (8pm). This week's Acts will be the final Acts for Series 1! Be sure to spend any Wolf Cred you have left before this time in the 'Cred Offerings' shop, as Wolf Cred is only usable in 'The Wolf of Saturn Six'. 

There will be a gap of time between the end of Series 1 and the start of Nightwave Series 2.

This is partially because we’ll need time to sync on all platforms, but also because we don't want to simply lead right into another schedule. We are confident the changes to Acts and structure will make Series 2 more enjoyable and well paced, and we're also confident some week's downtime will help.

As a reminder, we’re changing the Acts and tempo of Series 2 to reduce the time needed to progress through the Nightwave ranks. This includes making expired Acts obtainable again and making changes to existing Acts - which you can read more on here

Remember - the end of Series 1 will not be the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six himself! There will still be a chance to hear the wolf howl...

Thank you all for joining us for Nightwave Series 1 - your invaluable feedback has helped us move in the right direction for future Series installments.  

Yay!

But will the challenges about formas and gilding still be a thing? I assume yes since there was no mention of them in the Dev Workshop. But please, despite being ok with mostly every challenge season 1 had to offer, I find those 2 to be the most cumbersome of all.

They are extremely punishing for those who do not have gear to forma and gild, and put pressure on players without any need, when compared to other challenges.

8 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Remember - the end of Series I will not be the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six himself! There will still be a chance to hear the wolf howl..

Will he have a reliable way to fight him? or will he remain as a random disruptive encounter.

Will there be some alternative to getting Nora's rewards during the downtime? Obviously we can purchase them this week still, but as a F2P Player who has been waiting weeks for Hildryn's Alt Helmet to show up in her rotation (which it hasn't so far) having a week or 2 with not even a chance at it would be a bit of a bummer.

1 minute ago, YellingMute said:

Wait do we lose the wolf creds if we dont use them or will we simply be unable to use them until the nightwave comes back?

Wolf Creds will expire after Series 1 - spend them while it's active!

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Yay!

But are the challenges about formas and gilding still be a thing? I assume yes since there was no mention of them in the Dev Workshop. But please, despite being ok with mostly every challenge season 1 had to offer, I find those 2 to be the most cumbersome of all.

They are extremely punishing for those who do not have gear to forma and gild, and put pressure on players without any need, when compared to other challenges.

In addition to this:
Even if players do have forma/modulars/time to spare, the very existence of these challenges discourages players from doing these tasks (forma'ing weapons/frames/pets/etc, crafting+leveling modular gear) on their own time. While these challenges exist, players will always have some amount of fear that one of these challenges would pop up and require them to spend all those resources+time again.

IMO, the "Use X Forma" and "Gild a modular weapon" challenges (and, similarly, the "Socket X Ayatans" challenge) should be deleted entirely for this reason.

il y a 3 minutes, YellingMute a dit :

Wait do we lose the wolf creds if we dont use them or will we simply be unable to use them until the nightwave comes back?

They will only be available on "the wolf of saturn six" so, you can't spend them on the Series II but the wolf series might come back imo (and i hope so)

il y a 16 minutes, [DE]Marcus a dit :

Be sure to spend any Wolf Cred you have left before this time in the 'Cred Offerings' shop, as Wolf Cred is only usable in 'The Wolf of Saturn Six'.

Archived