Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1 End Date

Marcooose

I have never heard of deathsnack.com. I didn't realize it was required. I also don't pay attention to chat. When I'm on, I play the game.

What is so hard about giving prominent in-game notification, such as mail? Why not keep the store open until the next Nightwave? Have I done something to merit punishment?

241E982ACB3AC23C7A28758BF06EFCF82A60830Di dunno, thats on you to figure the punishment part.  But as an active player, i tend to check the forums and or deathsnacks for info. also, its showing in the news section on my ship ?? so i take it you dont walk around your ship either? lol

On 2019-05-13 at 11:22 AM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Yay!

But will the challenges about formas and gilding still be a thing? I assume yes since there was no mention of them in the Dev Workshop. But please, despite being ok with mostly every challenge season 1 had to offer, I find those 2 to be the most cumbersome of all.

They are extremely punishing for those who do not have gear to forma and gild, and put pressure on players without any need, when compared to other challenges.

You don't have to do all the missions in order to get all the rewards offered.  I heard somewhere we only had to complete 66% of the missions offered to obtain all the goodies/rewards being offered.  I think it must have been much lower than that, towards the end I just stopped doing the missions all together and I was into the 20s for wolf cred rewards.  If there is a mission you find particularly difficult or grindy just simply don't do it.  Nothing says you have to do all the missions, and doing them all isn't really going to benefit you that much in standing, it might make the difference in 15 credits to spend, but that's about it.  And after a certain point the only thing to spend them on is nitain for the new aura forma.

No, I don't look at the "News" display because most of it is irrelevant to me. It's also tiny text.

I get mail from Lotus thanking me for my help for things I didn't even participate in. Why I can't I get a message when my Wolf creds expire in 48 hours?

Yes, it is punishment. I did all kinds of things I would not otherwise do so that I could get Nightwave rewards. Remodding my weapons every day so I can kill with the element of the day was a chore. Then I don't get the rewards because I held out too long. And holding out is specifically encouraged by the reward structure.

I would be curious to know the sum total of unredeemed Wolf creds.

Even though I knew it was ending today, I wasn't sure they would just instantly remove it with no warning - and they did, so I came here just to see if people were complaining about that. Thanks Sharperhawk, for being that person. With how often Lotus warns me about the utterly redundant at this point Ghouls event, and the nice reminder that Baro has showed up, it's really unacceptable they didn't warn everyone about the removal of wolf creds.

I spent all mine, mind you, but this was still terrible. After five years of playing this game, I absolutely filter out that tiny little news section, and avoid Region chat like the plague. Luckily I had the foresight to look up the ending of this event, but I still think it ended far too abruptly - or at least lacked an in-game warning. Personally, I would've left a week-long time where there were no objectives but the shop was still up. I'd go as far as to say that's just flat out what they should've done.

Lol well it looks like the relevant part you should have paid attention to.  I lvl 30'd and only bought the decoration for the ship. So I gave up all those wolf creds intentionally as there was nothing in the reward pool I needed and or wanted.Soooo I could bare to argue that it was a wasteful event for older players who now are just playing because we enjoy the game. But I do remember what it was like being a low MR ranked player.  But then again.. I followed the forums and news related Info of the game.. 

And when you have turned clicking a mouse and or game pad into a chore ... You should probably take a break if that's what it is to you.  And as for the punishment...lol I'm just leaving that alone. Everyone knew it was a "season" event... Season's end and or change.. lol 

And every sunday night EST at a certain time weekly challenges changed.. with some sort of stroke of the imagination one would think.. knowing that it was ending ..meant that it ended when the last week's challenges were to change..  lol. It doesn't take much effort to be observant of things in a community based game.. especially timed events...

Too far abruptly ? They gave two extra weeks.. 

They have catered enough to the players In some aspects. But that's a subject for a different thread. 

Series ends, Alerts are gone... pretty darn empty n quiet. If it weren't for the Jovian to come, there'd be a big gaping hole of nothing happening.
I hope this is something DE keeps in mind for future breaks in between waves, as I don't think they can just spit out new interesting content every pause.

After all, I still think that a combination of old alerts and Nightwave would have been best. Alerts for more spontaneous hopping in action and Nightwave to have something
to work towards to. Already said my fair share on those topics, so I'll leave it at that.

10 minutes ago, kfxsti said:

Too far abruptly ? They gave two extra weeks.. 

They have catered enough to the players In some aspects. But that's a subject for a different thread. 

Could've added an extra day extra month, that wouldn't change that most people didn't know when it was ending, especially on-and-off players who this event was intended to help. Hundreds of thousands of people play this game and they don't all play in the most involved manner that some of us do, and considering they're the ones who needed the catas/reactors/nitain the most, their experience is the most relevant.

There should've been an in-game message warning, this was just lazy and abrupt.

4 minutes ago, Silescere said:

Series ends, Alerts are gone... pretty darn empty n quiet. If it weren't for the Jovian to come, there'd be a big gaping hole of nothing happening.
I hope this is something DE keeps in mind for future breaks in between waves, as I don't think they can just spit out new interesting content every pause.

After all, I still think that a combination of old alerts and Nightwave would have been best. Alerts for more spontaneous hopping in action and Nightwave to have something
to work towards to. Already said my fair share on those topics, so I'll leave it at that.

^^ Agreed

Just now, ReisenInaba said:

Could've added an extra day extra month, that wouldn't change that most people didn't know when it was ending, especially on-and-off players who this event was intended to help. Hundreds of thousands of people play this game and they don't all play in the most involved manner that some of us do, and considering they're the ones who needed the catas/reactors/nitain the most, their experience is the most relevant.

There should've been an in-game message warning, this was just lazy and abrupt.

Lazy is not checking for yourself of a game you plan to put time into.. pretty sure that somewhere in the mix of all of that.. said player searched something online of a wiki or tutorial.. lol  again.. the news section is at the front.. of.. the.. ship..  unless you are playing it on a rock or a blunt stick.. you can see it.. my 8 year old knew the date it was ending.. lol

6 hours ago, Nexeroff said:

You don't have to do all the missions in order to get all the rewards offered.  I heard somewhere we only had to complete 66% of the missions offered to obtain all the goodies/rewards being offered.  I think it must have been much lower than that, towards the end I just stopped doing the missions all together and I was into the 20s for wolf cred rewards.  If there is a mission you find particularly difficult or grindy just simply don't do it.  Nothing says you have to do all the missions, and doing them all isn't really going to benefit you that much in standing, it might make the difference in 15 credits to spend, but that's about it.  And after a certain point the only thing to spend them on is nitain for the new aura forma.

I know that. And it's not the point since I was one of the first to hit Rank 30, and even got to Prestige 16 by the end. So not a victim's complaint but something I truly agree should be done, since just because something exists and is optional, it does not mean it's right. And in this case, for both newbies and veterans, I do think this is currently the worst challenge.The point of this is about other less punishing challenges being removed or toned down, but leaving this one. And this one will be worth more points with season 2 so if we skip it it's even more of a loss.

Besides, not doing it... It's very true and I mildly agree, but wouldn't that be valid for the friends and clan challenges, sculptures, 1h/40w missions, etc? It's not about it being a good or bad challenge, it's about if it is in line with most other challenges, if it's fair for the majority of players or not. Since both veterans and newbies have lots times when they don't have gear to forma, and forcing it on the average player makes it so effort-wasting and artificial. Because if you can't kill an Orb yet, you can always get stronger. If you get this challenge either you have some gear in mind that could use forma or gilding (and if so generally you'd have already forma'd it before, instead of holding your effort until the time a challenge *might* come), or you don't, and need to build, level and forma as to not damage your perfected builds. Furthermore, why give players 3 forma as a rank rewards and then make them spend it?

I did this challenge twice myself. When I actually had gear for it, I mean. If DE made it a point to release new gear the week this challenge showed up I would not mind as much, since hey, at least they gave me an excuse to use forma. And if I don't use it because I personally don't like the new gear that's on me.

13 hours ago, sharperhawk said:

I also don't pay attention to chat. When I'm on, I play the game.

Same. Might turn on that after I explored all the possible content, but I never in any game actively followed that.

In regards to the challenges, I was fine. There were some I simply didn't bother taking (aim glide, slide kill, second round of forma) and some I wasn't abe to (mostly the 3000-5000 challenges). I completed Neptune, but didn't leave it yet and haven't completed The Second Dream. Both personal choices though and only stated here as information.
But yeah, I'm far from being a vet and I'm not brand new anymore. The Waves are neither newbie nor casual friendly.
I had the "luck" of being on a long sick leave, so I spent my time gaming. 6+ hours on end every day with a few exceptions. That is not casual.

I somehow managed to reach rank 29 by week 7 I guess (counting in the short starter week in March), didn't take note unfortunately.
While week 7 might now sound like I easily made it there, check my gaming hours again. Sure, I did some small stuff on the side to give myself a little break and random gaming, but mostly I "worked" and scheduled and constructed the way I played around the challenges to reach my chosen rank.
Edit2: I don't mind putting in effort, trying something multiple times, figure out strategies etc, since I don't consider that work (like in RL work which I was implying), but a necessity to make a game rewarding and enjoyable.

In means of offerings, I invested in Aura mods, Nitain and some helmets I always wanted while the alerts were still up, but didn't get. Since I didn't have a plethora of Wolf Creds, I was constantly fearing I'd miss a mod/cosmetic I needed. A stack of creds had 50, a mod cost 20-25 and a helmet 35. I had a hard time deciding what to get since one stack wasn't able to get me both items and I wasn't sure if they'd come back if the rotation changed... All in all, I felt pressured.
Not complaining, just describing in the hopes that the next wave wil be different.

Edit: Didn't go for the potatos even.

The fact that they ended NW act 1 at the same time on all platforms is plain stupid, PC players have the advantage that the next piece of content is coming out soon for them, but console players on the other hand are screwed. With no release date for either NW act 2 or The Jovian Concord on consoles we pretty much have to sit with our thumbs up our as$es for a good while. There is literally nothing to do right now for veteran players on console and new players have it even worse now since they have no way of earning aura mods, nitain extract, etc. It seems to me they clearly don't know wtf they are doing. And since nobody at DE has bothered to address any of this all i have to say is RIP console players. 

Archived