Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1 End Date

Marcooose

I suggest you scrap the challenges involving socketing Ayatan sculptures, using formas, and that new one about transmuting mods. These incentivize saving resources so that they can be used the next time the challenge shows up rather than using resources when it would be convenient, as in it disincentivizes using formas or transmuting mods when there isn't a nightwave challenge. I used to fully socket all my sculptures as soon as I found them, but now I don't. This isn't such a big deal, but it is for formas. I almost held off on forma-ing a few weapons in case the challenge showed up again, until I realized that was annoying and dumb. As annoying and dumb as forma-ing weapons or frames that don't need them.

8 minutes ago, kyori said:

... and we still don't know why he was imprisoned together with millions of those fugitives.

... we also don't know why is he taller and bigger than other fugitives... plus how he broke out of Saturn Six jail.

... we also don't know whether is he wearing the wolf armor and has wolf sledge when he was imprisoned or he got them after breaking out of jail.

... we also don't know how Alad V revert to his human look.

... we also don't know how Wolf became friends with the Sentients.

... we also don't know why Wolf wants to hunt Tenno. Thought he only wants to Wardens responsible for his... no wait, those Wardens in Nora's story are Corpus, not Grineers!!!

Too many things not told and the series just ended like this.

Regarding the last 3.

Alad was cured of the infestation during tubemen of regor I believe.

As for the wolf being friends with the sentients it's probably due to alad's experiments with amalgams.

And finally the wolf is still a grineer, he'd still have a built in hate for the tenno.

29 minutes ago, Yahzee said:

Yeah, picking up mods and marking resources, and killing enemies with status effects is too tough on newbies...

Lemme know how far doing just those 1k or a couple 3k reputation tasks gets you.. I'll answer that.. not very far... not even worth getting 1 potato each and 10 nitain.. 

Not to mention, unlike the old alerts, you cant just get a nitain whenever you want one.. you gotta wait until you get to a rank where you get wolf creds, then get the nitain.. which could very well take days if not weeks if you already used your wold creds and dont have enough... newbies dont have enough experience to plan ahead with resource gathering.. this game is hard enough on newcomers as it is..

Weeks?

First i'd like to posit that, if what Steve kinda mumbled in the dev stream is true, that one, or the main reason we couldn't have mid-season fixes to Nightwave was the multi-platform launch, then DON'T LAUNCH ON ALL PLATFORMS!
We can't handle another god knows how many months of errors being unfixed for the sake of a glorified publicity stunt.
There's better ways to flex your dev capabilities.

Also, weeks without nightwave AND alerts? Well, i can see that working great for you guys! Hopefully, you launch the Jovian thing on time for PC and at least we will have something to do... Idk about the consoles.

Seriously, if it wasn't sad, the amount of errors of judgement in the deployment of nightwave would be funny. I'm sure Warframe haters ARE laughing.

Thank for the head up!

& please tell me we get a different narrator... Nora was fine for the first 2 weeks maybe but got annoying really fast after that. I wouldn't mind someone with a blander style that just says what they want to say...

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

IMO, the "Use X Forma" and "Gild a modular weapon" challenges (and, similarly, the "Socket X Ayatans" challenge) should be deleted entirely for this reason.

Once the first 'Socket X Ayatans' landed(in I think the first week?) I put a dead stop to starring up sculptures until I needed them. Definitely affects behavior(in a fear/paranoia negative way.)

7 minutes ago, Ditmo said:

I only need 6000 standing points to get the wolf armor, no missions left, is there any chance of getting them?

You'll still have some Daily missions left between now and the end date. Failing that, 40 missions where you get Saturn Six Fugitives, I guess.

51 minutes ago, Yahzee said:

Yeah, no. It doesn't look like the changes will make it more enjoyable for me. I'll still do the acts because I need nitain and potatoes, and the umbra forma, but I'll miss the challenge of some acts. Btw, I've never done conservation before Nightwave made me do it, and I found it long tiresome at first, but last week I got decent at it. It wouldn't happened without Nightwave and that's just an example.

Oh well, back to easy and uninspiring stuff in between regular gameplay. It sucks there isn't a way to please both sides.

I unfortunately agree with this. Nightwave made me deal with missions and game modes that I had been avoiding, and made me use weapons/frames I hadn't touched in a while, which genuinely broadened my horizons and made me a better player. I found out that I actually like conservation, after hating it for a long time, and I also like doing derelict vault runs, which I had never once done before. I do sorties and nightmare modes a lot more often now, even without needing to do them for Nightwave acts, and I'm switching frames more often, too. I'm also one of the people who didn't think that a 60-minute survival or 40-wave defense was so awful (I liked the challenge), as long as there weren't game-breaking glitches. I'm in fact looking forward to the new task to do a spy with only your operator, because it's another new thing I haven't tried before.

In short, there are some changes that may have been necessary (like not having acts that were inaccessible within the timeframe, i.e. Profit-Taker for someone new to Fortuna), but there are other upcoming changes that make me rather sad. I'm sorry that some people's resistance to challenges has to ruin other people's fun.

It's dumb to blame the extension on the new players. Let's be honest a lot of older players probably had difficulty in completing all acts for some reason or the other and still haven't reach Rank 30 and some more time will allow them to gather some more standing and rewards before Season 1 ends. Also note that they said why the break between seasons is there because they don't want to jump right into another season right away and also probably to polish up the new acts. We'll just have to wait until they announce when Season 2 will be released.

3 hours ago, Showerwalker said:

Will he have a reliable way to fight him? or will he remain as a random disruptive encounter.

They did say there would be wolf beacons available through Nora in season 2 in another thread I believe

3 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

This is partially because we’ll need time to sync on all platforms, but also because we don't want to simply lead right into another schedule. We are confident the changes to Acts and structure will make Series 2 more enjoyable and well paced,

YOu still don't get it, do you? SEASONAL NATURE OF IT is what people hate the most here. I am completely stressed by it. I am tired.

1 hour ago, (PS4)joh993 said:

Not unless they run Wolf of SS a second time sometime in the future.

They said on a past dev stream that they would eventually bring them back in other ways similar to how you can earn previous rewards from Ghoul Purge and invasions.

Archived