Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1 End Date

Marcooose

Hi! Nightwave is really fun, the only thing I can think of right now that you can improve is that you tell us 1 month before Nightwave will end, or that you have something in-game showing time left, hope you understand what I meant, thanks for a good game DE! :smile:

On 2019-05-13 at 11:16 AM, [DE]Marcus said:

The Wolf of Saturn Six will soon leave the airwaves. Nightwave Series 1 will be ending on Sunday, May 19th at 20:00 ET (8pm). This week's Acts will be the final Acts for Series 1! Be sure to spend any Wolf Cred you have left before this time in the 'Cred Offerings' shop, as Wolf Cred is only usable in 'The Wolf of Saturn Six'. 

There will be a gap of time between the end of Series 1 and the start of Nightwave Series 2. 

This is partially because we’ll need time to sync on all platforms, but also because we don't want to simply lead right into another schedule. We are confident the changes to Acts and structure will make Series 2 more enjoyable and well paced, and we're also confident some week's downtime will help.

Why a gap between the end of Series 1 and start of Series 2? 

Especially in light of the fact that Series 2 will feature a "catch up" mechanic where players will still be able to complete acts/challenges that were missed in previous weeks--a feature that is currently not available in Series 1--it seems that a better option would be to delay the end date of Series 1 until Season 2 is ready to begin.  This will enable players that still haven't reached Nightwave Rank 30 (yes, I know a few, they do exist!) to be able to continue to make progress between now and the start of Series 2, rather than just cutting them off outright at the end of this week.

Please consider this alternative option, DE.  Thank you.

19 hours ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

All I have are mods, Forma gets spent on Dojo until Research nodes are placed.

The other junk is wasted on saving for Chroma Prime crafting or weapons. (I'm out of weapon slots now. Nothing is useful at the 40 level.)

You need to prioritize a decent loadout over the dojo. I could do sorties before I even started my dojo. You get one forma a day, that's plenty. There were a few gift alerts with potatoes in them, that's enough to tackle a sortie. You can sell the rivens you get for the plat to get slots. Sure, pouring a bit of cash into plat does make things easier, its a free game after all. 

You could ask for help with planning instead of assuming the game is badly scaled. PM me if you want advice, but not if you just want to complain.

4 hours ago, Yahzee said:

It's a fact in videogames that if you don't put up the time you don't level up or get rewards. If I jumped into Fortnite right now I would be asking for them to give me rewards from the 8 or 9 previous seasons, or even the current one.

Fortnite doesn't have any RPG mechanics. Missing out on a dance or weapon skin will not affect your gameplay. Missing out on Nightwave rewards, like free slots, Umbral forma, and the ability to purchase potatoes/nitain/aura mods, is limiting, especially for new players.

The alert system needs to get turned on again. Nightwave is not a suitable replacement; it adds interesting challenges but unduly hinders new players.

@[DE]Marcus @[DE]Megan @[DE]Rebecca Could you or anyone at DE address all these concerns and suggestion brought up in this thread. Most of the post in this thread are from players requesting for Nightwave to remain active until the next act is released or at the very least have it extended for a week or two more. Some input on the matter from you guys would be much appreciated.  

I suspect they're planning to surprise us with the gas city rework just as series 1 ends. That gives us a few weeks to acclimate to that until series 2 kicks in, and I imagine the cred offerings from Nightwave will be available through some system connected to the Jovian Accord in the mean time. Just a guess tho.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)TotorosYawn said:

No. Any unused Wolf Cred will vanish from your inventory.

Noooooo!

12 minutes ago, GruntBlender said:

I suspect they're planning to surprise us with the gas city rework just as series 1 ends. That gives us a few weeks to acclimate to that until series 2 kicks in, and I imagine the cred offerings from Nightwave will be available through some system connected to the Jovian Accord in the mean time. Just a guess tho.

Nah. They already said/tweeted that they'll be pushing through with mainlining the Jovian Concord this week. No surprises here.

On 2019-05-13 at 7:33 PM, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

The Clear 3 Sortie Mission is rather unfair to newbies, since Sorties are level 50-100.

Yet here it is, clogging up my Weekly Act space alongside Kill or Capture and Eidolon Hydrolyst.

There's no human way that anyone can pierce through 68k shield and 1k armor.

Are your programmers alright? Cause there needs to be some serious difficulty rework before anything goes anywhere.

Dude get better gear and stop complaining. Sortie is light work. People have fought enemies over lvl 200. If you can’t do it leave it it’s not meant for you. Newbs can’t have everything and they gotta git gud.

I just got an question tho ... I stopped playing warframe a few months ago again just to take a break and logged back on 2 days ago and saw that nightwave event... but I only got to like level 1 and even tho it's like another 6 days I won't be able to even get close to level 20ish I assume.... so my question is am I able to get the rewards from seasion 1 in seasion 2 or so ? Because i don't want to lose that Umbria formaand that arcane energize would have been nice aswell^^

13 minutes ago, Shad0wStoRmX said:

I just got an question tho ... I stopped playing warframe a few months ago again just to take a break and logged back on 2 days ago and saw that nightwave event... but I only got to like level 1 and even tho it's like another 6 days I won't be able to even get close to level 20ish I assume.... so my question is am I able to get the rewards from seasion 1 in seasion 2 or so ? Because i don't want to lose that Umbria formaand that arcane energize would have been nice aswell^^

The rewards you mentioned could be a possible reward for Series 2 of Nightwave!

8 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

Gas City is related to the next series. DUN DUN DUN.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb (PS4)TotorosYawn:

The rewards you mentioned could be a possible reward for Series 2 of Nightwave!

I hope ,but I am scared or better said have the feeling that it won't be like season 1 stuff like for example if you managed to get the umbra forma s.1 then you got 1 now in s.2 if there is another one you will have 2 umbra forma. But if you missed out in the first one in s.1 you will only be able to get 1 of possible 2 and that's why I am concerned :/

51 minutes ago, Shad0wStoRmX said:

I think you get around 3-5 Nightwave tiers per week, so no you won't be able getting to tier 20 if Nightwave ends this Sunday 😕 
I'm currently sitting at Tier 26 hoping that I will be able to get to Tier 30, but I have already done this weeks Nightwave missions so I won't get the Saturn six armor, Forma, Saturn Six Syanda or the Umbra Forma unless they extend Series 1 by a week or 2.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Prallez:

I think you get around 3-5 Nightwave tiers per week, so no you won't be able getting to tier 20 if Nightwave ends this Sunday 😕 
I'm currently sitting at Tier 26 hoping that I will be able to get to Tier 30, but I have already done this weeks Nightwave missions so I won't get the Saturn six armor, Forma, Saturn Six Syanda or the Umbra Forma unless they extend Series 1 by a week or 2.

:/ that's a shame as well, still wish you good luck to maybe rank up a bit more !!😊better said hope they extend it 

56 minutes ago, Shad0wStoRmX said:

As for if you will be able to get the rewards from Series 1, in Series 2 I don't know if you will be able to or not. 🙂

Just now, Shad0wStoRmX said:

Hoping otherwise a lot of players will be kinda sad I think 

Yeah, don't understand why there should be a gap between Series 1 and Series 2, in my opinion they can just let Series 1 stay so people can rank up their last tiers instead of having a gap between Series.

Archived