(NSW)TeddyTalks

Wolf sledge buff, and new hammer stance.

The wolf sledge is a pretty mediocre weapon due to its gimmick being only semi decent, as while the throw hits hard, it cannot bounce like a glaive, and the explosion itself is pathetically weak compared to a glaive. The weapon needs to have it actually bounce around like a glaive, or just have it straight up cleave through enemies, with the radial explosion damage being buffed to at least be 50% stronger than that of glaive prime and similar glaives. However the hammer biggest problem is really an issue with all hammers. Crushing ruin itself is a bit clunky and needs a bit of both an overhaul and a damage buff. Newer stances give insane multipliers that give melee the power it needs to compete, so hammers now both lack speed, and has comparatively meh power.

Posted (edited)

Hammers aren't meant to be fast. Just run a build with viral condition overload and beserker, I think the stats are fine, mine cleaves through arbitration enemies pretty well.

Forgot to mention that when thrown the wolf sledge does a pretty hefty amount of damage as well, plus the blast while small is a guaranteed proc, so if you run a corrosive build its a guaranteed armor chip to enemies.

Edited by (NSW)MrDerpHerpin
Made an error restating something already established.

Posted (edited)

Back when they were developing melee correctly and very well around the release of POE (it was one of the best systems in the game or any game IMO), they started adding new, powerful, fun and well designed stances to weapon classes, everything from Twirling Spire to Swooping Falcon to Stinging Thorn. They never got around to some weapon classes, such as hammers, and then "changed direction" with melee (right down the crapper) into the mess that it is currently.

So yes, an updated hammer stance has been needed for a year and a half now, but my hopes for melee in WF miraculously swooping up out of the gutter where it is currently are slim. It is likely that one of the best melee systems in any game will continue to be dumbed down and messed up. Don't hold your breath waiting for an updated hammer stance, and I hope I'm totally wrong.

Hammers are currently objectively inferior to other weapon classes that do the same thing hammers do, just worlds better. Twirling Spire polearms with easy slam combos on the basic and forward combos... that force TWO procs... as one stark example. Whatever talent they had in WF melee development has left, been retasked, etc.

Edited by Buttaface