Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xV3NOMx

Relics Kiosk or Trader

Recommended Posts

My Fellow Tenno,

As an active veteran player of Warframe, I have enjoyed the changes and updates the Developers have made within the last two to three years.  Before the changes, I would play nonstop "Void Key" missions with friends and clan members to collect the rewards. However, since the Void Keys were replaced by the new Relic system, there seems to be an overstock of Relics in my inventory that seems to never diminish. I have over one-thousand relics now (I am not exaggerating), and there is no method to get rid of them at large volume. 

Solutions:  

  • Enable the Kiosks at the Relays to exchange Relics for Ducats,  
  • A "Trader" similar to Baro Ki'Teer to exchange relics for items or Ducats
  • Enable Players to sell relics from their inventory directly for Credits, Endo or other equal of value. 

I know that there are other Players having the same problem and wish to get rid of their overstock of Relics. Please submit an reply to this post to acknowledge this problem needs to be fixed.  

 

Thank you for reading this post, Tenno!

[Please help, Developers!!!]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just curious about one thing, though... Why would you want to get rid of relics at all? Every relic is at the very least good for ducat fodder and forma farm, so no relic is truly useless as far as I can tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-13 at 10:00 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I am just curious about one thing, though... Why would you want to get rid of relics at all? Every relic is at the very least good for ducat fodder and forma farm, so no relic is truly useless as far as I can tell.

The problem is when a Player has accumulated so many relics of each type (Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi), and not able to lower their inventory, because each fissure run has a chance to regain another one in its place.

[ Yes, it may be good to have some relics when you need ducats or forma, but not when you have over one-thousand relics that keep accumulating when trying to get rid of them.]

On 2019-05-13 at 10:12 PM, SPEKTRE76 said:

I wish I had one Relic.

If you need relics, add me on Warframe and we can trade (I have over 1000 of them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, xV3NOMx said:

The problem is when a Player has accumulated so many relics of each type (Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi), and not able to lower their inventory, because each fissure run has a chance to regain another one in its place.

[ Yes, it may be good to have some relics when you need ducats or forma, but not when you have over one-thousand relics that keep accumulating when trying to get rid of them.]

I see. I must say I'm not exactly a fan of having all relics piled up the way they are now, and I'm much less hyped about the new relic UI screen, which in terms of organization looks the same, but with smaller icons, making the screen even more filled with relics. I do hope we can sort them by filled/unfilled, vaulted/unvaulted. Because I hate to always search the damn screen for a relic that is truly expendable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or implement a system where you can treat them like Mods, trade in 4 to get a random new one that is at least currently dropping.  Might help alleviate the horrible Axi L4 drop rate which is absolutely zero fun to farm (If you can get a group to stay to rotation C)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-14 at 1:18 AM, Sarzan said:

Or implement a system where you can treat them like Mods, trade in 4 to get a random new one that is at least currently dropping.  Might help alleviate the horrible Axi L4 drop rate which is absolutely zero fun to farm (If you can get a group to stay to rotation C)...

I agree. 

Having a method to transmute four relics or more for a chance to get an vaulted relic or an random Radiant relic would be a nice feature.

On a side note:

I have tried selling or giving away my excessive relics on the "Trading" chat channel, but most Players who have responded only wanted a particular relic set and not the ones I have a large abundance of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-13 at 4:14 PM, xV3NOMx said:

The problem is when a Player has accumulated so many relics of each type (Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi), and not able to lower their inventory, because each fissure run has a chance to regain another one in its place.

[ Yes, it may be good to have some relics when you need ducats or forma, but not when you have over one-thousand relics that keep accumulating when trying to get rid of them.]

What, exactly, is the problem with having a lot of relics? You aren't penalized for having them. You don't have a limited inventory space.

This is a non-issue if I've ever seen one.

Also, you can trade them to other players if you really want to just get rid of your relics that badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

What, exactly, is the problem with having a lot of relics? You aren't penalized for having them. You don't have a limited inventory space.

This is a non-issue if I've ever seen one.

Also, you can trade them to other players if you really want to just get rid of your relics that badly.

To be honest, it is easy to ignore the fact of having so many relics, but it is a chore when selecting or searching for an particular relic for an fissure run. 

[ The new UI filtering is useful, but I rather get rid of my unwanted relics than looking at the long list of them.]

*Read my posting above your initial post in response about "Trading" relics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xV3NOMx said:

To be honest, it is easy to ignore the fact of having so many relics, but it is a chore when selecting or searching for an particular relic for an fissure run. 

[ The new UI filtering is useful, but I rather get rid of my unwanted relics than looking at the long list of them.]

*Look at my posting above your initial post in response about "Trading" relics. 

You're right. It's easy because there's no consequence to holding so many. You can search for the specific relic or part that you're looking for using the search bar.

The reason people don't want your relics is because the ones you can't get rid of are the same ones they have an abundance of. It's still your only other option besides using them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-15 at 3:43 AM, Chipputer said:

The reason people don't want your relics is because the ones you can't get rid of are the same ones they have an abundance of. It's still your only other option besides using them.

The purpose of this post is to address the issue of Players having a large abundance of unwanted relics, and hopefully in response to this post the  Developers will provide a method for the Players to get rid of them other than "Trading." 

Update:

I was fortunate to find one Player last night who wanted relics from other players, but only 36 relics were traded due to his "trading" limit was reached. 

Update:

I was fortunate to find another Player last night who purchases relics, but only wanted certain relics that offered Warframe parts for Nekros and Valkyr Prime.

[ I traded 48 relics in total.] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Additional Idea:

I was thinking about how frequent Baro Ki'Teer arrives and how it would be a nice feature if he could be an "Relic Exchanger" (exchanges Ducats for Relics) too. 

Why you may ask? Well, there are a lot of casual Players who do not have the time to do Fissure runs in effort to gain "Prime" rewards for Ducats before Baro arrives.

[Which can also help resolve the overstock of relics Players have in their inventory too.]  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to add focus on the spot instead of inconveniencing myself and by leaving navigation just to go to the same screen to add it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

I just want to add focus on the spot instead of inconveniencing myself and by leaving navigation just to go to the same screen to add it .

The process of equipping an relic can be bothersome.

I have personally encounter in-game bugs after equipping an relic, then losing hosting migration when joining or entering a Fissure mission with other players.

[ Hosting the missions myself prevents these problems, but it does take time to form a squad.]  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with you on this matter. Allow me to trade in relics for 15 ducats. At minimum, if I crack that relic in a fissure mission I'll get an item that is worth 15 ducats. Now there is a small possibility of getting an item if I crack the relic that is worth more than 15 but by and large most of the time you end up with a common item. Heck, allow me to trade them in for 10 ducats. I won't be happy but I'll still do it since it SAVES ME TIME. The big point here is that you are sacrificing the potential to get 100 ducats for the time you get back by not running the fissure.

Oh and for the people that would say 'just crack the relic in a fissure mission' ... sure ... I have hundreds of hours a day to play fissure missions ... in a mission type that I enjoy. Oh? I can only take 2 minutes to run a capture? ... And I could crack like 30 of them in an hour (not based on real life, loading time, selecting relic, gathering trace etc)? Okay then ...if there was a system in place to trade in relics I could trade in those same 30 relics in 30 seconds ... sure I don't get as many ducats but I save my TIME and sanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (NSW)ONVEBAL said:

I'm with you on this matter. Allow me to trade in relics for 15 ducats. At minimum, if I crack that relic in a fissure mission I'll get an item that is worth 15 ducats. Now there is a small possibility of getting an item if I crack the relic that is worth more than 15 but by and large most of the time you end up with a common item. Heck, allow me to trade them in for 10 ducats. I won't be happy but I'll still do it since it SAVES ME TIME. The big point here is that you are sacrificing the potential to get 100 ducats for the time you get back by not running the fissure.

Oh and for the people that would say 'just crack the relic in a fissure mission' ... sure ... I have hundreds of hours a day to play fissure missions ... in a mission type that I enjoy. Oh? I can only take 2 minutes to run a capture? ... And I could crack like 30 of them in an hour (not based on real life, loading time, selecting relic, gathering trace etc)? Okay then ...if there was a system in place to trade in relics I could trade in those same 30 relics in 30 seconds ... sure I don't get as many ducats but I save my TIME and sanity.

I agree.

There are instances when Players are unable to have the time to complete hours of Fissure runs to collect enough "Primed" items to exchange for Ducats.

[ It is also difficult for those Players who play Warframe on "Solo" mode often.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-17 at 2:00 AM, xV3NOMx said:

Update:

I was fortunate to find another Player last night who purchases relics, but only wanted certain relics that offered Warframe parts for Nekros and Valkyr Prime.

[ I traded 48 relics in total.] 

Dude wtf how much u sold them for? Was it dirt cheap? Can you sell me some vaulted ones cheap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hackedraptor said:

Dude wtf how much u sold them for? Was it dirt cheap? Can you sell me some vaulted ones cheap?

The Player offered to purchase six relics for twenty Platinum, however only for the particular relics he wanted.

[I do not have a set price for relics, Players offer an equal of value for them (fair trade).]

If you need relics, befriend me in Warframe to trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a side note:

I wonder why the Developers called them "Relics" instead of "Fissure Orbs" or any other fitting name?

I do hope the Developers consider making changes that will remedy this problem on their next big update.

My Relics are still accumulating after completing all of "Jovian Concord" gaming content. 

[The Developers did add new features associated with Relics, but Players still need a way to get rid of them at large volume than one at a time.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-12 at 6:53 PM, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I think this could legitimately be called spam at this point.

I disagree.

You may feel that my re-posting comment is considered Spam, but this problem does exists and needs to be fixed for all Players.

[There have been other posts about relics that have been forgotten and ignored, but I don't want this post to meet the same fate.]

If you can offer an alternative solution to this problem, it will be appreciated.

Thank you for your response, Tenno.

On the side note: 

In effort to get rid of my excessive relic collection, I do try completing fissure runs. However, it seems every other mission I complete rewards me another relic in its place. 

Another possible solution to this problem:

What if the Developers enable only Fissure, Void and Assassination missions will reward players more relics, instead of every other mission? 

[This will stop the excessive amounts of relics Players gain while playing Warframe.]

What do you think, Tenno?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-13 at 5:14 PM, xV3NOMx said:

The problem is when a Player has accumulated so many relics of each type (Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi), and not able to lower their inventory, because each fissure run has a chance to regain another one in its place.

[ Yes, it may be good to have some relics when you need ducats or forma, but not when you have over one-thousand relics that keep accumulating when trying to get rid of them.]

Big agree. Either you do an endless run and you regain more, or you spend too much time on just doing one over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, starlilynight said:

Big agree. Either you do an endless run and you regain more, or you spend too much time on just doing one over and over again.

Exactly, and here are additional thoughts about this problem from my previous comment:

 

Quote

In effort to get rid of my excessive relic collection, I do try completing fissure runs. However, it seems every other (non-fissure) mission I complete rewards me another relic in its place. 

Another possible solution to this problem:

What if the Developers enable only Fissure, Void and Assassination missions will reward players more relics, instead of every other mission? 

[This will stop the excessive amounts of relics Players gain while playing Warframe.]

Thank you for your response, Tenno!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The purpose of this post is to address the issue of Players having a large abundance of unwanted relics, and hopefully in response to this post, the Developers will provide a method for the Players to get rid of them other than "Trading." 

 

Developers, please do not ignore this problem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... while I would say that I fall on the side of 'agree', the issue I can immediately see is that DE have already implemented what I would call their preferred method of you getting rid of Relics;

Run the missions, crack them open, sell or build the result. If you get another one, then just run again.

Why is that they're preferred method? Because it keeps people playing. There's no way that, say, a veteran player like me, with literally hundreds of about six types of relic left over from the Key-to-Relic conversion, can then just sell those off, get thousands of resources in one go, and ignore actually running the missions they're built for.

The whole reason, as I've understood it, that DE shifted from Keys to Relics was to prevent stockpiling of relevant resources in advance of a Prime release, they genuinely don't care about people stockpiling after the release. Stockpiling after the release just means players are playing the game a lot.

In the same way, gaining Ducats has to be done by trading in Prime Parts, so that means that without somebody playing the game a lot (either you, cracking relics, or somebody else doing it and you trading for them), you can't gain Ducats. No stockpile without the game being played, see?

But Birdframe, I pretend I hear you asking, we played the game to get the Relics, so why doesn't that count? Probably grind for grind's sake, to be fair.

I'm not saying it's a great way of operating.

I'm saying that DE will likely not do this because they want you to trade Prime Parts for Ducats, not Relics themselves, and that's how they get the game to be played more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...