Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relics Kiosk or Trader

xV3NOMx

On 2019-06-28 at 1:36 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

So... while I would say that I fall on the side of 'agree', the issue I can immediately see is that DE have already implemented what I would call their preferred method of you getting rid of Relics;

Run the missions, crack them open, sell or build the result. If you get another one, then just run again.

Why is that they're preferred method? Because it keeps people playing. There's no way that, say, a veteran player like me, with literally hundreds of about six types of relic left over from the Key-to-Relic conversion, can then just sell those off, get thousands of resources in one go, and ignore actually running the missions they're built for.

I understand your point-of view of why the Developers would want Players to have a large abundance of relics to play more, but there has to be a limit. The problem is when Players have accumulated too many relics and there is no faster method to get rid of them other than trading or run endless fissure missions.

[ Yes, it may be good to have some relics when you need ducats, forma or Prime items to trade, but not when you have over one-thousand relics that keep accumulating when trying to get rid of them.]

I would prefer to have an easier method to get rid of my overstock of relics by selling them from my inventory for credits, in comparison to other sellable items.

Thank you for your response, Tenno!

Edited by xV3NOMx

21 minutes ago, xV3NOMx said:

I would prefer to have an easier method to get rid of my overstock of relics by selling them from my inventory for credits, in comparison to other sellable items.

Honestly i feel like this especially applies to Neo relics because i likely do not have to count them up but i am sure despite me getting rather lazy on mass relic stocking these days, i likely have 10 times the amount of relics then i have with any other tier in Neo because its the most commonly gotten relic in plenty of content.

It would be nice if there was a faster way to get thru relics or shave off the excess, because the only way i know of is usually to sell off a bunch of relics for a pittence amount of plat, but most want specific X relic in the lith/meso/axi piles, never neo that much and you would be lucky to find people who want to buy ANY relics for a decent amount which usually is 1 plat per relic or 4 to 6 plat for a stack of 6.

At the very least i would LOVE if i could just burn each one of my excess common relics and get back say 20 traces per relic burnt up then as a long time player, i could make better use of my surplus without interacting with other players so i could radiant up the relics i want to crack open, ALOT more often and pray i get those rare parts i need to build my next prime warframe that just recently came out or to hopefully sell for a good deal of platinum. Does not help that trace farming is always a pain if you do not run a full premade group to do a deep run and likely have to do around 12 rounds in excavation just to make around 600~ traces, usually with a booster/kavat on.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

If they made trading easier than it would be super simple to just sell everything for plat to other players, but currently it would be a nightmare to try and sell off those thousand+ relics you have xd. Like honestly who cares if the system is automated, you spent the time farming the loot already, why force us to spend MORE time to try and sell off the stuff we don't want or need.

Edited by birdobash

12 hours ago, birdobash said:

If they made trading easier than it would be super simple to just sell everything for plat to other players, but currently it would be a nightmare to try and sell off those thousand+ relics you have xd. Like honestly who cares if the system is automated, you spent the time farming the loot already, why force us to spend MORE time to try and sell off the stuff we don't want or need.

exactly birdo, for example: before relics were a thing it was void keys. granted void farming parts were not exactly as pleasant, but you could run it solo and did not need to middle man thru relics to get things. Maybe it would be much to ask for it to revert like that, but it would certainly be nice if alot of annoying clutter was cleaned out OR as you stated, basically make things more automated that most games normally do.

So unlike say a market bazaar, where we could simply plop our character on a carpet and have our items displayed, we have to spam wts and wtbs of a limit of up to 180 characters and hope someone sees our offer and likely bleed our fingers to keep repeatedly doing that and make sure what we are selling could sell within a hour or less then waste time doing.

This does not even account for selling an item and getting a good deal of plat from it, how much spam you might have to sift thru and close out that are offers that offer a fair value instead of the usual people wanting 6 relics for 1~3 plat trollsters. Plus you may actually be aiming for as much as 100 plat a night so you felt like you made a decent amount, but you really need around 300 or 400 plat for say a fancy warframe deluxe skin bundle from the marketplace store.

20 hours ago, Avienas said:

It would be nice if there was a faster way to get thru relics or shave off the excess, because the only way i know of is usually to sell off a bunch of relics for a pittence amount of plat, but most want specific X relic in the lith/meso/axi piles, never neo that much and you would be lucky to find people who want to buy ANY relics for a decent amount which usually is 1 plat per relic or 4 to 6 plat for a stack of 6.

At the very least i would LOVE if i could just burn each one of my excess common relics and get back say 20 traces per relic burnt up then as a long time player, i could make better use of my surplus without interacting with other players so i could radiant up the relics i want to crack open,

That is the problem when trying to get rid of overstock relics through "trading," other Players only want to purchase a particular set or type (mostly new relics). It is also bothersome when you have every "Primed" item (warframes, weapons, sentinels and archwings) in the game and have no need to do fissure runs other than getting rid of your overstock relics. This becomes an negative effect for all Players to endure.

I wouldn't mind exchanging over one-thousand relics for fissure traces too.

19 hours ago, birdobash said:

I agree.

The relic system is broken and needs to be fixed for all Players who want to get rid of their large abundance of relics. Forcing all Players to do fissure runs or to trade as the only options is unfair and too limited.

At this point, I would not mind if Players could delete relics from their inventory for nothing, it would be an better improvement over the alternatives.

7 hours ago, Avienas said:

exactly birdo, for example: before relics were a thing it was void keys. granted void farming parts were not exactly as pleasant, but you could run it solo and did not need to middle man thru relics to get things. Maybe it would be much to ask for it to revert like that, but it would certainly be nice if alot of annoying clutter was cleaned out OR as you stated, basically make things more automated that most games normally do.

I agree.

The "Void Key" system was tedious when trying to farm for a particular "Prime" item, but there were only 4-tiers of keys which you did not have to manage for the key runs. The screen to do "Void Key" missions had indicators (light & dark) for which missions are accessible based on your key collection,

[The best feature was "Sabotage" void key runs for gaining three rewards with each mission completion.]

I wouldn't mind if the game reverted back to the old "Void Key" system, but with different locations other than only the Void.

4 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

I agree.

The "Void Key" system was tedious when trying to farm for a particular "Prime" item, but there were only 4-tiers of keys which you did not have to manage for the key runs. The screen to do "Void Key" missions had indicators (light & dark) for which missions are accessible based on your key collection,

[The best feature was "Sabotage" void key runs for gaining three rewards with each mission completion.]

I wouldn't mind if the game reverted back to the old "Void Key" system, but with different locations other than only the Void.

Another majorly annoying bit that would be nice to go away is how its basically mandatory to run in full groups for maximized chance of getting good loot. One can technically solo fissure farm but being able to have 4 choices feels like a waste of relics if you run with smaller groups. Void keys did not really have that gag so if we got back that kind of system, even if it wasnt perfect itself, but yeah at least it was not a massive clutter to manage things in comparison to easily 30~50+ types of relics we have to keep track of.

Its understandable that it helps to give more space for players to have on various prime bits to go after (since not many were present back with void keys), but you are still having to sift thru quite a bit of junk, have to pick up the relic, have to slather it in traces and then likely do multiple runs with people in the same situation. When it was just a single void key use then it required far less time on those things.

Honestly they could just re do the void region map, allow you to insert a void key in X map before entering to allow you to extract a fissure part from it per round you enter and it would save us a tab of messiness. Since another gripe i have with current fissures is because they end up with particularly good maps or particular tiers may not even be available at particular times or even end up with something as silly as 3 to 4 exterminate fissure nodes open but no excavation or capture fissures up.

Plus lets not even get started at how reactants can sometimes be inconsistent on drop pacing and even end up forcing some players to slow down on certain fissure types like excavation easily another 2~5 minutes and ruin one of the charms that excavation has on how fast one could get thru it for farming rotations, such as the old endo farms on hiercon.

20 hours ago, Avienas said:

Another majorly annoying bit that would be nice to go away is how its basically mandatory to run in full groups for maximized chance of getting good loot. One can technically solo fissure farm but being able to have 4 choices feels like a waste of relics if you run with smaller groups. Void keys did not really have that gag so if we got back that kind of system, even if it wasnt perfect itself, but yeah at least it was not a massive clutter to manage things in comparison to easily 30~50+ types of relics we have to keep track of.

Honestly they could just re do the void region map, allow you to insert a void key in X map before entering to allow you to extract a fissure part from it per round you enter and it would save us a tab of messiness. Since another gripe i have with current fissures is because they end up with particularly good maps or particular tiers may not even be available at particular times or even end up with something as silly as 3 to 4 exterminate fissure nodes open but no excavation or capture fissures up.

When the new relic system was first introduced, the fissure missions were better in my opinion. The Players had to fight enemies who appeared out of the fissure rift that remained opened, while obtaining the orb drops to re-seal them. The first fissure missions enabled more rewards in less time, if I'm not mistaken. Then it got changed to the mess we have now.

The current fissure missions are not fun, especially when you do "Spy, Excavation, or Mobile Defense" runs (I am not a fan of normal Mobile Defense missions too). The other problem with fissure runs, your squad members can prevent other Players gathering all of their orbs on time to have a chance for rewards, especially when a Player joins a "Public" mission late (for instances, when a Player joins a "Capture" fissure mission while the objective is being completed, the other Players rush to the extraction point). Another problem which you also discussed, are the inconsistencies of the fissure missions types availability, which can cause Players inactivity in the game when waiting for a certain mission to play for your relic type (Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi).

[When using the  old "Void Key" system, there were no wait times for your key type or no chances of not gaining a reward when joining a "Public" mission late.]

Edited by xV3NOMx

14 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

When the new relic system was first introduced, the fissure missions were better in my opinion. The Players had to fight enemies who appeared out of the fissure rift that remained opened, while obtaining the orb drops to re-seal them. The first fissure missions enabled more rewards in less time, if I'm not mistaken. Then it got changed to the mess we have now.

The current fissure missions are not fun, especially when you do "Spy, Excavation, or Mobile Defense" runs (I am not a fan of normal Mobile Defense missions too). The other problem with fissure runs, your squad members can prevent other Players gathering all of their orbs on time to have a chance for rewards, especially when a Player joins a "Public" mission late (for instances, when a Player joins a "Capture" fissure mission while the objective is being completed, the other Players rush to the extraction point). Another problem which you also discussed, are the inconsistencies of the fissure missions types availability, which can cause Players inactivity in the game when waiting for a certain mission to play for your relic type (Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi).

[When using the  old "Void Key" system, there were no wait times for your key type or no chances of not gaining a reward when joining a "Public" mission late.]

Honestly this is another reason why i would rather things be stand alone on the relics. Basically make it when a person hits 10 reactants, they could say press a button or maybe a portal opens up near them to close to then promptly extract a relic they can choose from say a list of 3 while being invulnerable while doing so till they pick a new relic to start. Not too complicated to setup since they pretty much pull those invul bits on various warframe abilities or other things to call that state into, does not interrupt another player on collecting reactants and would ESPECIALLY let one to continue deep farming relics even if 2 people already extracted.

Plus has D.E. even taken the time to make newer game modes into fissures too? Not really probably one of the things they are thinking about i bet. Defection & that one rehash map of that one Jordas map could be frustrating(mainly cause they usually have not much to do for them on terms of rewards), but i can imagine them making great fissure modes since your mostly staying in the same area or general route so its easy to get reactants since they will not be scattered about and mostly unviewable till you say enter X specific room or someone generously marks them for you when they drop. Even Disruption i might have a good bit of fun over if it had a fissure mode for it too.

But yeah honestly they might as well remove non-endless modes from fissures at this point since most are usually rather bad, Specifically Spy, Rescue, Mobile defense(ESPECIALLY MD), with only maybe exterminate and capture not being as much of a hassle since those are basically the quickest non-endless modes to spam open relics without main objectives being in the way that much. Especially when you have basically every single enemy type bum rushing you, including nullifiers which continue to ruin any fun of long term farms in fissure runs...

10 hours ago, Avienas said:

Honestly this is another reason why i would rather things be stand alone on the relics. Basically make it when a person hits 10 reactants, they could say press a button or maybe a portal opens up near them to close to then promptly extract a relic they can choose from say a list of 3 while being invulnerable while doing so till they pick a new relic to start. 

Plus has D.E. even taken the time to make newer game modes into fissures too? Not really probably one of the things they are thinking about i bet. Defection & that one rehash map of that one Jordas map could be frustrating(mainly cause they usually have not much to do for them on terms of rewards), but i can imagine them making great fissure modes since your mostly staying in the same area or general route so its easy to get reactants since they will not be scattered about and mostly unviewable till you say enter X specific room or someone generously marks them for you when they drop. Even Disruption i might have a good bit of fun over if it had a fissure mode for it too.

But yeah honestly they might as well remove non-endless modes from fissures at this point since most are usually rather bad, Specifically Spy, Rescue, Mobile defense(ESPECIALLY MD), with only maybe exterminate and capture not being as much of a hassle since those are basically the quickest non-endless modes to spam open relics without main objectives being in the way that much. Especially when you have basically every single enemy type bum rushing you, including nullifiers which continue to ruin any fun of long term farms in fissure runs...

Those are some good ideas for changes to fissure runs. I am open to any changes made to Warframe that will enable Players to get rid of overstock relics in large volume. However, there are missions that should not be added to the fiissure missions cycle to make it less fun. 

[ There have been some good changes to the game, but some are still questionable and needs to be fixed. ]

The relic system is broken and needs to be fixed for all Players who want to get rid of their large abundance of relics. Forcing all Players to do fissure runs or to trade them only, is unfair and too limited.

At this point, I would not mind if Players could delete relics from their inventory for nothing, it would be an better improvement over the alternatives.

Edited by xV3NOMx

Yes, it may be good to have some relics when you need ducats, forma or Prime items to trade, but not when you have over one-thousand relics that keep accumulating when trying to get rid of them.

Thank you for your responses, Tenno!

There have been other posts about relics that have been forgotten and ignored, but I don't want this post to meet the same fate.

If you can offer an alternative solution to this problem, it will be appreciated.

Thank you for your responses, Tenno.

The purpose of this post is to address the issue of Players having a large abundance of unwanted relics, and hopefully in response to this post, the Developers will provide a method for the Players to get rid of them other than "Trading." 

Thank you for your responses, Tenno!

do hope the Developers consider making changes that will remedy this problem on their next big update.

[My Relics are still accumulating over one-thousand, and there is no better method of getting rid of them in large volume.] 

Edited by xV3NOMx

18 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I support this. Especially Neo relics are abundant and I have no use for them, would be nice to exchange them for ducats..

Thank you for your support, (XB1)Cubic Clem.

Just throwing my agreement after a couple hours of relic crackin but having too much relics.

I think giving players option to 'melt' relics to reactants is most lore-friendly and non-market destroying option for DE. Reactants cannot be traded and is already abundant resource, only raise *potential* of players getting lucky with rarer parts, so the effect on market will be small.

Or let us give relics to Simaris for his standing. They are supposed to be valuable artifacts of old and Simaris is always hungry for more valuable data.

On 2019-07-21 at 10:09 AM, OwlOfJune said:

Just throwing my agreement after a couple hours of relic crackin but having too much relics.

I think giving players option to 'melt' relics to reactants is most lore-friendly and non-market destroying option for DE. Reactants cannot be traded and is already abundant resource, only raise *potential* of players getting lucky with rarer parts, so the effect on market will be small.

Or let us give relics to Simaris for his standing. They are supposed to be valuable artifacts of old and Simaris is always hungry for more valuable data.

I agree.

At this point, I would not mind if Players could delete relics from their inventory for nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...