Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"i Feel Like Desecrate Is Still A Viable Power"

Brimir

I love it.  It's different.  It's neither generic damage skill #47 nor generic mobility skill #18.  It requires some precision timing as it is now, making it a debuff effect on living enemies might be more viable, but other than that, it's a solid skill.  The casting time is very short, so you're not losing much shooting time when you use it, and the despawn rate, while quick, isn't all that bad.  I'd definitely say that tweaking despawn time by a few seconds is much more reasonable than completely reworking it into a different skill.

Changing how the game works for 1 frame's "farming" skill is irrationally stupid.

I agree with this. There's better fixes for it. I'll put my suggestion in the OP.

To me, desecrate exists as it is purely to justify the existence of equilibrium. A chance to loot << reliable regeneration skill. As for credits/materials/mods - why does a skill even have to affect their drop rates?

I used Equilibrium on Vaub before Nekros was out. I like the mod the way it is, because I solo and there's no form of health regeneration unless you're using Rejuvenation (which is slow) or chest hunting.

It doesn't need any changes.  It's absolutely beautiful the way it is.

Changing it into a curse would be a net nerf - because as it stands, if an enemy corpse doesn't dissolve on the first cast, you can recast and get another roll on it.  After big slaughters, 2 or 3 casts in a row is actually a good idea.

It's perfectly reasonably to hit 2 right after a 4 goes off.  Requires a bit of timing, sure, but not all that much - and since the 4 has just completely annihilated the enemies, you're pretty much guaranteed a window to cast it.

Not sure why equilibrium would be of any use.  If you're at full health, you don't pick up health orbs and get energy, and with Desecrate in use, you'll almost always be at full health.

If they aren't willing to even fix it in it's current form, they're not gonna completely rework it.

If we, the players, give them enough feedback, they will. In one of the nekros threads of the devs or some community hot topic they also stated that, if the players are giving negative feedback on the skill, they will change it.