Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Or Craftable Mastery Rank Pass Tickets

(NSW)MasterDarkwingz

Please make these a thing, MR6 is literally impossible to pass utilizing the joycons to aim.

The bubbles blink too fast, and there's too little time to aim properly.

Taking MR6 as a test where you have to pop the red one until they all are gone would be so much easier.

If Splatoon 2 has a skip button for the Octo Expansion, then Warframe should be perfectly capable of implementing one for the Mastery tests as well.

Unless of course... Nintendo is smarter than DE in accepting that not everyone can pass every test.

Edited by (NSW)MasterDarkwingz

Give more feedback as to why the joycon makes it harder to pass the test. DE is actually looking for improving it. Is the rectile centering on its own after the recoil? How sensitive are your settings? Which weapon are you using? Just a note... there are harder mastery rank test that require better aiming.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Give more feedback as to why the joycon makes it harder to pass the test. DE is actually looking for improving it. Is the rectile centering on its own after the recoil? How sensitive are your settings? Which weapon are you using? Just a note... there are harder mastery rank test that require better aiming.

I have no idea what the sensitivity is,  but the aiming takes too dang long. (I use a gamepad, and even that sucks big time.)

I just want to be able to pay a dollar to skip this nuisance and craft Chroma Prime already.

These dumb bubbles blink away at hyperspeed, and have invisible timers on when to shoot them.

One miss or not shoot and it's an automatic failure cause you're back to aiming the train again. (Which is also on a timer.)

Honestly, the money I spent on Chroma Dynasty skin in the hopes of being able to finish the Prime craft is just wasted on this test.

I almost want a refund at this point, it's just that disappointing and frustrating.

Either kick the timers altogether, or add a paid pass mechanism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YWSMhYKZOU
This is off the PC version so it should still be similar. I have crappy aiming so when I did the test I use boltor and spray at the red orbs while looking for it. You can "practice" the test from the relay. Practice rooms are right of the enterence along the the wall of the stairs to Simaris room.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YWSMhYKZOU
This is off the PC version so it should still be similar. I have crappy aiming so when I did the test I use boltor and spray at the red orbs while looking for it. You can "practice" the test from the relay. Practice rooms are right of the enterence along the the wall of the stairs to Simaris room.

The problem with the spray equipped is that it still fails. Did the practice room, each attempt sucked even worse than the first time.

I just want my skip button, and to be able to craft Chroma Prime already.

Yeah, MR is never gonna get a skip button. It invalidates the entire point of MR in the first place. If your having problems with a test, either give feedback to DE about what's the problems with it, or go and practice the test with Simaris.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Please make these a thing, MR6 is literally impossible to pass utilizing the joycons to aim.

The bubbles blink too fast, and there's too little time to aim properly.

Taking MR6 as a test where you have to pop the red one until they all are gone would be so much easier.

I just used Motion Controls and worked just fine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SECURATYYY said:

Get a better weapon suited to the task. Beam weapons are good.

Also you can modify your sensitivity settings in the options.

There won't ever be an 'easy button' for MR. You have to pass the test. You've got this.

Splatoon 2 has a skip button for the Octo Expansion.

If I wanted to do an aiming test, I'd just play Splatoon instead.

Unless you're saying that DE is mentally incapable of implementing a skip button as well, there should be no reason not to invent one.

Not everyone is at the same skill or patience level, I honestly just want to skip this one.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Not everyone is at the same skill or patience level

Yeah. Everyone knows this.

Too bad the entire point of Mastery Tests are to make sure that you've, "mastered," a certain concept (which actually just means being average at it, most often).
Use motion controls to aim more. Change your aim sensitivity. Others have passed it. You have two topics about this where people present options to you and you disregard them.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Yeah. Everyone knows this.

Too bad the entire point of Mastery Tests are to make sure that you've, "mastered," a certain concept (which actually just means being average at it, most often).
Use motion controls to aim more. Change your aim sensitivity. Others have passed it. You have two topics about this where people present options to you and you disregard them.

And yet everyone disregards the fact that I have a different opinion:

14 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Splatoon 2 has a skip button for the Octo Expansion.

If I wanted to do an aiming test, I'd just play Splatoon instead.

Unless you're saying that DE is mentally incapable of implementing a skip button as well, there should be no reason not to invent one.

Not everyone is at the same skill or patience level, I honestly just want to skip this one.

Skip buttons exist.

Get over the fact that someone wants one, and just don't use it if DE accepts the fact that not everyone can master everything.

You people defend DE too much, and this game will never improve.

Accept my opinions, accept that there are different skill levels, and make a skip button available.

Is that so hard for you guys to comprehend?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

And yet everyone disregards the fact that I have a different opinion:

Skip buttons exist.

Get over the fact that someone wants one, and just don't use it if DE accepts the fact that not everyone can master everything.

You people defend DE too much, and this game will never improve.

Accept my opinions, accept that there are different skill levels, and make a skip button available.

It's not hard to comprehend, you're just making an unreasonable request. The entire point of MR is as a gating system, and DE aren't just gonna let you skip that. And you just can't compare one games pay to skip to this one's. What are the actual similarities between the Octo expansion and MR tests? MR tested have always been a case of "git gud" or cheese if it can be, it's the point.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

We comprehend just fine.  We just don't see a valid enough reason to support your idea.  

I myself have done every MR test up to MR 25 using a controller on PC and never had much of a problem.  I would practice first to see how the test was and what was needed.  Then I would change my loadout, weapon, and/or frame to pass the test. 

The issue we are having is why you seem to not be able to do the same as almost everyone else has done before you.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Atsia said:

It's not hard to comprehend, you're just making an unreasonable request. The entire point of MR is as a gating system, and DE aren't just gonna let you skip that. And you just can't compare one games pay to skip to this one's. What are the actual similarities between the Octo expansion and MR tests? MR tested have always been a case of "git gud" or cheese if it can be, it's the point.

Sorry, skip buttons aren't unreasonable by Nintendo standards.

All I hear from players is, "Wah, you can't aim, I don't want a skip button! It'll ruin my achievement and skills!"

There is no difference between Octo Expansion and The Mastery Tests.

They're virtually both skill tests of high difficulty. 

"Git gud" mechanics = "Get lost" to new or unskilled players.

I have different skill levels and a different opinion.

Get over it.

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

We comprehend just fine.  We just don't see a valid enough reason to support your idea.  

I myself have done every MR test up to MR 25 using a controller on PC and never had much of a problem.  I would practice first to see how the test was and what was needed.  Then I would change my loadout, weapon, and/or frame to pass the test. 

The issue we are having is why you seem to not be able to do the same as almost everyone else has done before you.  

Can you people not read a thread? I've said many times over that I practiced, yet aiming is virtually impossible with the hyperspeed requirements.

All I ask for is a skip button to be implemented, and you people keep critiquing how I prefer to play games.

I want to play Warframe and craft Chroma Prime already, not constantly lose a "git gud" simulator.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Can you people not read a thread? I've said many times over that I practiced, yet aiming is virtually impossible with the hyperspeed requirements.

This is where you change the weapons you use to make it easier to hit the globes in the Test.  There is also going to Options and adjusting your controller sensitivity.  I have mine lowered down to about 10 for aim and 30 for look.  The default sensitivity speed is to fast for my liking.  

Edit to add screenshot of the settings I use.

15qkxYH.jpg

Edited by DatDarkOne
added image
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is where you change the weapons you use to make it easier to hit the globes in the Test.  There is also going to Options and adjusting your controller sensitivity.  I have mine lowered down to about 10 for aim and 15 for look.  The default sensitivity speed is to fast for my liking.  

Still doesn't change the fact that I can't be bothered, I have getting through one more level of Nightwave to worry about.

Getting Vuban is more important than practicing the fact that I can't aim or get through two waves of this garbage test. I still want that skip button, though.

If people are this whiny about Nintendo having better options for the lazy and incapable, then it doesn't even have to be on the other systems.

Better yet... even a skip button is optional, so why do people still say it's impossible to implement? 

The issue isn't my sensitivity level or the weapon, it's the test. It's flawed to a point where if you don't aim within a split second, it's start over and game over.

The invisible and visible timers shouldn't even exist, yet here they are... ruining what should be a game made for fun.

It's not fun, I want to move on, get it over with a skip button. It's not too much to ask.

Just now, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Skip buttons exist, what a revelation.

How shocking it must be to be a gamer, yet not understand that some people don't want to be tested, and just want to have fun.

Get over it, seriously. Quit trying to suggest I need to "Git Gud."

Not once have i said in this topic that you need to "Git Gud".  What I have done is try to understand why you are having the trouble you are having and offer up possible ways for you to resolve it. But then your statement of "Still doesn't change the fact that I can't be bothered" just showed me that I was wasting my time with trying to help or understand as you don't care and won't even try.  

So thank you for pretty much wasting all of those who posted time with your now obvious entitled attitude.  

Have a good day.

• Like 11

To be honest, it shouldn't be that hard if you just you a boar,

just ramp up sensitivity and just kinda spam

i haven't played on Joycons so i don't know how hard it is but I've done it on ps4 with no issues

Edited by molegoisaskub

Here for the splatoon comment.

Hi, although Spla2n has a skip test for the octo expansion, you have to attempt the level multiple times before Marina and Pearl ask you. Also, iirc it takes the coins or whatever to skip them, at times causing you to go back to a different level to gain currency again to skip a level.

It was tedious, annoying, and although helpful it wasn’t as great as you’re making it out to be. It wasn’t just ‘skip and go’- there were consequences (such as grayed out memcakes instead of the colorful ones).

Take a breather, back away and try again. Fiddle with your settings and test again, see what works.

Edit: Also, Spla2n and Warframe are very different games. What works for one may not work for the other.

Edited by (PS4)corpusbonds
Fixing auto correct
  • Like 2