Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Altagraive

Will we ever get new starchart tilesets?

Recommended Posts

Title pretty much.

Open world meme is fun and all, but it takes them a year to make a new one, and warframe thrived on dungeon crawling with randomly generated maps to begin with, and I still have more fun with old randomized maps than with static open maps that never change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Planes of Duviri is apparently going to include one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they're shifting from "planes" as in "fields" to "planes" as in "dimensions"?

Or they're doing both? It will take them another years for the new open map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, presumably, we're heading to Tau for The New War and/or Railjack, so we'll probably get a Sentient-themed one there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Altagraive said:

Title pretty much.

Current tilesets in order of release, by faction:

Grineer

  • Asteroid - Warframe's second tile set. Until this, all we played on was Corpus Ship. The arrival was a huge Whoa for everyone playing.
  • Galleon
  • Settlement
  • Forest
  • Shipyard
  • Sealab
  • Asteroid Fortress (Kuva) - Warframe's newest tile set; introduced Update 19.0 with TWW.

Corpus

  • Ship - Warframe's first ever tile set. Never been remastered. If you played Warframe in 2012, you know these tiles.
    Additional trivia: We had the Grineer on these ships first, then the Corpus, then the Infested.
  • Outpost
  • Gas City - Remaster slotted end of in May 2019, soon™.
  • Ice Planet

Infested

  • Derelict
  • Ship

Orokin

  • Tower
  • Moon

Between remasters, new tilesets, and the actually kinda fun combinations via void gates/conduits, what would you like to see? The old and venerable Corpus Ship tileset could use a PBR pass, Infested and Orokin could use some love, too. Grineer have three top notch tilesets with Shipyard, Sealab and Kuva Fortress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:
  •  

Between remasters, new tilesets, and the actually kinda fun combinations via void gates/conduits, what would you like to see? The old and venerable Corpus Ship tileset could use a PBR pass, Infested and Orokin could use some love, too. Grineer have three top notch tilesets with Shipyard, Sealab and Kuva Fortress.

Personally, I'd like to see some new infested ship tiles based on galleons. Have the tileset switch between them with transition tiles, really sell the idea that Technocyte infestation is merging these abandoned ships together.

25 minutes ago, Altagraive said:

So they're shifting from "planes" as in "fields" to "planes" as in "dimensions"?

Or they're doing both? It will take them another years for the new open map.

All we know is that Planes of Duviri will be based on a tileset, and that it will introduce a new faction that seemingly takes after the Orokin. We don't even know for sure if said faction will be allies or enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Personally, I'd like to see some new infested ship tiles based on galleons. Have the tileset switch between them with transition tiles, really sell the idea that Technocyte infestation is merging these abandoned ships together.

How would these be different from the derelict missions though - appearance aside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

How would these be different from the derelict missions though - appearance aside?

It's just something that would be nice to have. I mean for it to be an expansion to the tileset used in the Eris missions. Would be interesting to be fighting in the current tiles, then mid-mission we go through some sort of fleshy, infested umbilical, and find ourselves in an entirely different type of ship.

Besides, with this mindset we wouldn't really have as many tilesets as we do. It's just good to have some environmental variety.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

Current tilesets in order of release, by faction:

Grineer

  • Asteroid - Warframe's second tile set. Until this, all we played on was Corpus Ship. The arrival was a huge Whoa for everyone playing.
  • Galleon
  • Settlement
  • Forest
  • Shipyard
  • Sealab
  • Asteroid Fortress (Kuva) - Warframe's newest tile set; introduced Update 19.0 with TWW.

Corpus

  • Ship - Warframe's first ever tile set. Never been remastered. If you played Warframe in 2012, you know these tiles.
    Additional trivia: We had the Grineer on these ships first, then the Corpus, then the Infested.
  • Outpost
  • Gas City - Remaster slotted end of in May 2019, soon™.
  • Ice Planet

Infested

  • Derelict
  • Ship

Orokin

  • Tower
  • Moon

Between remasters, new tilesets, and the actually kinda fun combinations via void gates/conduits, what would you like to see? The old and venerable Corpus Ship tileset could use a PBR pass, Infested and Orokin could use some love, too. Grineer have three top notch tilesets with Shipyard, Sealab and Kuva Fortress.

The Sealab tile set needs a good PBR pass as well. While leveling through Uranus I found no less than 3 game breaking/mission failing bugs due to the water there.

We could use a Volcano tileset. Io would be the perfect spot for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tfw you feel you're the only one that would love a starchart nightmare mode run with starting levels at 100ish and changed up blood thirsty enemy ai instead of new tilesets. o.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

personally I still want to see places mentioned in the lore, like the Grustrag facility, where we could fight some of Dr. Tengus' craziest creations. maybe even take us to Saturn Six itself, who knows!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Infested tiles sure need a change, that S#&$ is so laberinth you dont see where your going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see the derelict tileset have it's keys removed (after questlines which require this) and utilised a little more often too.
Alerts don't exist as a way to send you there, but it'd be a nice change to occasionally have a void mission turn up in one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

Between remasters, new tilesets, and the actually kinda fun combinations via void gates/conduits, what would you like to see?

Generally, environments that have had more than one faction come through, such as infested variants of existing tilesets other than corpus ship. Ships or planetary bases built by one faction, then taken over by a different faction that then proceeded to install their own hardware on top of the existing infrastructure. Think the Mars settlement tileset, only with another faction's architecture as its basis rather than an old desert settlement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bioness said:

We could use a Volcano tileset. Io would be the perfect spot for it.

its a gas planet. what do you expect from a gas ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kengxiaoju said:

its a gas planet. what do you expect from a gas ball

Io is a moon of Jupiter, and the most volcanically active body in the solar system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Io is a moon of Jupiter, and the most volcanically active body in the solar system

yes i know. you can name anything "io" . in the game its just a part of gas city called io. not appeared as the moon.

de either rename io or make a moon. whats the possibility

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kengxiaoju said:

yes i know. you can name anything "io" . in the game its just a part of gas city called io. not appeared as the moon.

de either rename io or make a moon. whats the possibility

No reason it can't be changed; removed and replaced with another node name, while Io becomes a full world system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kengxiaoju said:

yes i know. you can name anything "io" . in the game its just a part of gas city called io. not appeared as the moon.

de either rename io or make a moon. whats the possibility

Lua used to be an excavation node on earth, now it's the moon and its tileset.

It has already happened, so they can take any node named after a moon, rename the node, and add said moon. Io is no exception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 часов назад, Ced23Ric сказал:

new tilesets, and the actually kinda fun combinations via void gates/conduits, what would you like to see? The old and venerable Corpus Ship tileset could use a PBR pass, Infested and Orokin could use some love, too. Grineer have three top notch tilesets with Shipyard, Sealab and Kuva Fortress.

Anything honestly. I just want a new tileset with all classic gameplay modes spread all over it like in good old days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kengxiaoju said:

yes i know. you can name anything "io" . in the game its just a part of gas city called io. not appeared as the moon.

de either rename io or make a moon. whats the possibility

It is obvious that the nodes on Jupiter are supposed to reference its many moons. Jupiter has 79 moons, they could easily replace some of those nodes with other names and turn the three remaining Galilean moons into planets. Here is an example of some nice potential new planets.

Io (Jupiter) - Corpus Volcano

Callisto (Jupiter) - Corpus version of Lua

Ganymede (Jupiter) - Corpus Sea World

Titan (Saturn) - Grineer Frozen Forest

Haumea (drawf planet) - Grineer Ice

Makemake (drawf planet) - Grineer Rock and Ice

Vesta (minor planet) - remove Phobos for being nothing more than a 11km (7mi) long asteroid posing as a moon and move the Grineer set to Vesta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...