Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hyper Mouse sensitivity after alt tab

Lord_Drod

Is this ever going to be fixed?  I alt-tab out all the time and come back in and the game is unplayable...Using alt-enter before I tab out seems to lower the frequency it occurs? but it still happens all the time and restarting the game is the only solution.

Borderless window *helps* but:

1. Currently, mouse sensitivity tends to drift over time - like someone pasted on some sort of AI adaptive sensitivity feature. In other words, when I have my mouse sensitivity set right, it will tend to be set wrong after a time, and I have to change sensitivity settings to adapt.
  2. I have a high precision mouse - one which sends many mouse events per second (like 500 or 1000 or something, I forget the advertised defaults). The idea is that you sent mouse sensitivity low and you get a lot of fine control this way. But often in warframe, setting sensitivity down to zero to adapt. Sometimes I would need to set sensitivity even lower than that.
  3. Currently, when I have sensitivity set to a reasonable setting for speed of movement, the mouse doesn't have fine control. It's as if instead of reducing the scale of the mouse movements they are instead having many of them being dropped.

In other words, it feels like the work here is being farmed out to people who don't really understand how things work, and do not care to learn and don't have the time to test their work, and -- as a consequence -- the system itself is slowly decaying.

I don't have a solution, and this isn't the only place where that's been happening lately...

Edit: anyways, currently, when I have mouse sensitivity set to zero, it's roughly slow enough for combat, but movement is so jerky that moving my mouse slowly makes it skip something like 50-100 pixels on the screen each time the mouse moves. This makes corpus spy puzzles unreasonably quirky. (There's another maybe even related issue with grineer spy puzzles, where the animation isn't smooth which makes the grineer sortie puzzles unreasonably quirky - solvable, but the animation speed keeps fluctuating and sometimes dropping down too low. Maybe this could be because of too many levels of abstraction or caching? Some of these might even be in windows 10, rather than the game itself??? My experiments with lower video resolution haven't helped, though... ... and my mouse in windows desktop behaves better ... though presumably that's using a different windows api??)

EDIT AGAIN: Oops, part of that was because my display got flipped from borderless to actual full screen. Flipping it back to borderless gave me configuration control over mouse again...

And... another edit: it would be Really Nice if we had a way to test archwing config (like mouse sensitivity settings) without going into a mission.  Currently, I've set everything to 0 and am using borderless for my fullscreen setting, and maybe that will work, but... with how things keep drifting... *grumble*

Edited by Fleuria

• 2 weeks later...

Fleuria, basically what you describe is what happens to me but only after I tab out and back in.  It also doesn't happen every time.  If I don't tab out, my mouse sensitivity is constant.  But yes, with this bug, there is nothing you can do but restart the game - changing settings will not fix it, even putting it on zero because if I recall one of the axi's is a lot more sensitive than the other while the other one is turtle speed, which is why it would seem quirky.  But if you are having issues without tabbing out, I'd say you have a different issue.