Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Specter-like Turrets?

Ziebo

So like, I been seeing a lot of suggestions for Vauban, but the turret idea is pretty popular in the community. It seems like a great idea, but people keep pointing out the issue with how much damage it can do. 

So I thought, why not make a turret that's like specter? 

I mean, of course it's going to be stationary, but this would mean you can equip your primary, secondary and melee on the turret along with the mods you have with the said weapons. 

Ability range affects the turret's range and strength can just be the damage boost to all weapons equipped.

The melee can be an issue but ey just stick that blade on a arm and make it spin like a heli when those enemies get too close.

The turret can either use all weapons on a single target or use each one separately aiming at different targets at once. If I equip a Vectis, dual vipers and a galatine the Vectis would fire at the furthest enemy, the vipers at a mid range enemy and the galatine at the enemy in it's melee range. Either firing modes would be dope.

Anyways this is just a super vague idea with a lot of missing details, so feel free to add to it folks! 😄

Edited by TheNeoLegacy

It shouldn't be that difficult to balance, were talking about a stationary turret, this has been done in other games and done well, Borderlands being a prime example. 

Put the turret on cool down so it cant be spammed. Would also like him to call on a health/energy station. Fits the engineer profile and allows him to be more of a team player

On 2019-05-09 at 12:06 AM, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

If they were to implement a turrent which do you prefer. if it scaled based on how many assists you get with your grenades or would it be more like a potent sentinel with duration. I guess the style would be more like a cannon than a machine gun to make it more satisfying.

There are more details in the vauban rework thread.