Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ear-splitting noise explosions with melee (Install optimization related?)

CrimsonEulogy92

Ever since optimizing my install yesterday there’s been this absolutely horrendous problem where whenever my melee weapons block bullets or when I ground-pound with them, there’s what sounds like blown-out, static-y, amplified explosion sounds that absolutely destroy my eardrums, it’s physically painful to listen to. I’ve tested actual explosives, guns, lasers, etc. but I’m fairly certain it’s limited to the melee sounds mentioned (average attacks and combos don’t do it). It never happened once before the install optimization so I kinda have to assume it’s related in some way. Is there any way I can fix this? I don’t want to go deaf.

Edited by CrimsonEulogy92
Further clarification.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Optimize moves all the data around. HDD/SSD storage device might be failing and might have hit a bad spot that can't correctly write and read all data to it.

Does it sound something like some of this YouTube search results? https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=exe+static+sound

It might be the game unable to read sound file and is playing a corrupt, broken, or wrong sound data that might have loud buzzing or static sound. Try Warframe launcher settings, verify download.

On 2019-06-24 at 6:58 AM, [DE]George said:

We haven't encountered this but we will take a look.  If possible, can you upload a video of the noise?

I’ll see what I can do if the thing below doesn’t pan out, thanks for the response.

3 hours ago, sam686 said:

Optimize moves all the data around. HDD/SSD storage device might be failing and might have hit a bad spot that can't correctly write and read all data to it.

Does it sound something like some of this YouTube search results? https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=exe+static+sound

It might be the game unable to read sound file and is playing a corrupt, broken, or wrong sound data that might have loud buzzing or static sound. Try Warframe launcher settings, verify download.

This actually might be it, it sounds a lot like one of those videos, I’m gonna try this and report back.

On 2019-06-28 at 9:10 AM, sam686 said:

This worked! Thank you so much.