Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave - Life back in Warframe

Acersecomic

Nightwave is ending, no more stress, no more being afraid I won't make it to the armor set and umbral forma... I managed to get it... barely...

GOODBYE NIGHTWAVE, I HOPE YOU GET CANCELED!

And you know what? Now  that Nightwave is behind me I am finaly enjoying Warframe again. I went out and farmed for materials, bought components, built stuff, goofed around, traded and earned some plat... I feel like everything's ok again. I am playing Warframe for the sake of playing and having fun again. I'm having fun again.

And then... Season 2 is looming around the corner -.-
DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited time content like this... this isn't a tactical alert or something... Nightwave is here to stay and it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Nightwave is ending, no more stress, no more being afraid I won't make it to the armor set and umbral forma... I managed to get it... barely...

And you know what? Now  that Nightwave is behind me I am finaly enjoying Warframe again. I went out and farmed for materials, bought components, built stuff, goofed around, traded and earned some plat... I feel like everything's ok again. I am playing Warframe for the sake of playing and having fun again. I'm having fun again.

DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited time content like this... this isn't a tactical alert or something... Nightwave is here to stay and it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Im with you bro. Im with you....

I even surprise even myself that when Nightwave goes live, next 1hour, that is the last time i login into Warframe for period of 2 month. To make a hardcore player like me repulsing from it is astonishing feat. At first I think its a great addition to game just like many of us but it didn't take long for me to realize that how time consuming it is for someone with real lifeJob. Its like Doing 2 job in a day instead of having fun. again

Thx at Mogamu (ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT)

Thx for our Fortnut neighbour. 

• Like 5

Nightwave really was not that hard. Some of the tasks were not all that great, but it was a far cry from draining the life behind Warframe. All of the stuff you can earn is going to come back in the future. Any stress you felt, was purely self inflicted. I personally enjoyed being challenged to do a variety of things. That is basically what alerts did anyway, sent you to areas you didn't normally visit, and forced you into the challenge for a set duration. I love the beefed up rewards Nightwave offered, and I ended up far above rank 30 with very little effort on my part. 

Season 2 is going to be even easier. They listened to the players about how stressful it made some of them, and they are making changes accordingly. Honestly, the thread title feels a little over dramatic. Nightwave needs some tweaks, and they are making them, but it is far from so broken that it destroys Warframes spirit. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, McGoodGreen said:

Nightwave really was not that hard. Some of the tasks were not all that great, but it was a far cry from draining the life behind Warframe. All of the stuff you can earn is going to come back in the future. Any stress you felt, was purely self inflicted. I personally enjoyed being challenged to do a variety of things. That is basically what alerts did anyway, sent you to areas you didn't normally visit, and forced you into the challenge for a set duration. I love the beefed up rewards Nightwave offered, and I ended up far above rank 30 with very little effort on my part. 

Season 2 is going to be even easier. They listened to the players about how stressful it made some of them, and they are making changes accordingly. Honestly, the thread title feels a little over dramatic. Nightwave needs some tweaks, and they are making them, but it is far from so broken that it destroys Warframes spirit. 

Wow, nightwave managed to inflict "self inflicted stress" for so many peoples.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

Please don't speak for all of us who actually enjoyed Nightwave. 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Please don't speak for all of us who actually enjoyed Nightwave. 

Aye, what seemed to bother people the most was actually having to play the game, I enjoy warframe and I completed stuff just by messing around.

Edited by .Genix.
  • Like 13

Really amazing to see all these folks with OCD problems reacting their own condition. Hey people: Nobody forced you to do anything in Nightwave. The pressure was all self induced. I just played the game and the rewards/progress took care of themselves

How to complete Nightwave:

Method 1:
- Targeted farming of each individual mission and nothing else

Method 2:
- Just play the game like you always did and slightly change how you experience the content to pick up the objectives as you go.

If you stressed yourself out then you did Method 1 and you didn't even do it in an efficient manner. If you were you'd be done with the tasks within a few hours in one day's worth of play, minus obvious objectives like 3 or 5 sorties or 60 minute survivals or 40 wave defenses.

I can't wait for you people to stop exaggerating. Every time DE tries something new this happens.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Method 2:

- Just play the game like you always did and slightly change how you experience the content to pick up the objectives as you go.

Spy missions and trading would only have taken me to rank 5 so far, if that.

• Like 1

Players ask why there is content drought and then there are other players simultaneously excited about playing the game less in an optional system.

I loved Nightwave and I'm disappointed Sunday night's reset doesn't roll into Series II. I hope there is a way to save progression for each season either through the profile page or the emblem.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

How to complete Nightwave:

Method 1:
- Targeted farming of each individual mission and nothing else

Method 2:

If you stressed yourself out then you did Method 1 and you didn't even do it in an efficient manner. If you were you'd be done with the tasks within a few hours in one day's worth of play, minus obvious objectives like 3 or 5 sorties or 60 minute survivals or 40 wave defenses.

I can't wait for you people to stop exaggerating. Every time DE tries something new this happens.

Oof, if i did method 2, i would end up in rank 10 or below.

• Like 2

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Spy missions and trading would only have taken me to rank 5 so far, if that.

Of course if you aren't actually playing the game you aren't going to get rewards that require playing the game. Shouldn't have to spell that out, you silly duck.

• Like 11

Unless Umbra forma and rare armor sets are found as easily as just completing a few tasks...I'll take the Nightwave over them being sealed behind max standing in some obscure syndicate that needs you take part in endless mobile defense missions on open worlds to fight a boss that is knock down one shot champion surrounded by hundreds of minions who are no slouches themselves for a 1% drop rate in order to get said umbra forma and other goods... 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Main problem i have with Nightwave is, it is simply unclear, we get told on the Forum that we only need to do 60% and it that it goes till this and that date, but no ingame indicator as always, that way it presents itself limited and puts stress on you, the problem is not its to easy or to hard, doable or not, the problem is the presentation, and the presentation shows it rushed and forcing you to do it or you miss out rewards that might return never or god knows when.

This battlepass hurts the game simply since you can't play at your own pace, it is no event that just exist then comes back in like a few months, it is something that will stay that way, and you have to choose to eather progress with the starchart, syndicats, cetus, fortuna, quests, etc. Or do Nightwave for the rewards.

Very new player unfriendly due the wolf creds beeing rare and them having to choose between nitain which they will need ofte, Auras which they also need for builds, Catalys, Reactors and Cosmetics who often ALSO need Nitain, things you goten with ONE mission, sure RNG with Alerts but i still not see why not had kept both, Alerts for random chances and Nightwave for things you might have missed to often already from Alerts.

Nightwave should be its own syndicate becaues then you can play at your own pace and max it slowly like you do other syndicat standings, i know they wanted to try something different but this sessions will burn some people out, its in humans nature, i mean look at people at black friday sales, they want it now before its gone despite coming back or so or able to order it somewhere else.

Nightwave is a good ides but poorly executed, poor story in my eyes, nothing new presented like new missions and overshadows other things they could had worked on instead. I blame the community here for screaming for more content and nothing else to do, just enjoy the game for god sake, take breaks and come back when more is to do, but now breaks will be rare since we have Nightwave chores.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Im with you bro. Im with you....

I even surprise even myself that when Nightwave goes live, next 1hour, that is the last time i login into Warframe for period of 2 month. To make a hardcore player like me repulsing from it is astonishing feat. At first I think its a great addition to game just like many of us but it didn't take long for me to realize that how time consuming it is for someone with real lifeJob. Its like Doing 2 job in a day instead of having fun. again

Thx at Mogamu (ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT)

Thx for our Fortnut neighbour. 

If it is like doing 2 jobs in a day then I really want your job!

2-3 hours of work a week? Sign me the hell up for it!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Of course if you aren't actually playing the game you aren't going to get rewards that require playing the game. Shouldn't have to spell that out, you silly duck.

I am playing the game in a way that I am enjoying. Not your way. You have your way of playing, I have mine. Both are valid, whether you like it or not. So how about you stop being so cocky and acting like I don't play the game. I am playing the game, just not in YOUR way. What a surprise, eh?

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yeah I hate these "oh just play normally you get standing passively" arguments which are #*!%ing wrong. It doesn't work that way, I tried. And got only 1 prestige rank after weeks, so NO you can't get it passively through normal gameplay ffs.

How do you define playing normally? If you're only doing one or two mission types, exclusively, then you're the one at fault, not the system.