Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave - Life back in Warframe

Acersecomic

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Don't see the issue? Why's that that all of a sudden there is a "wrong" way to play the game?And when you play it "wrong" you can't progress in nightwave naturally. This doesn't even make any sense. 😄

Putting it out that passive playing can bump up ranks, but then I concluded that you probably don't play the same way I did if we disagree if passive play can get you nightwave ranks. 

1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I hit Prestige 9 playing passively though. I've not bothered with a lot of the alerts since hitting 30, and made it that far. 

We're probably playing very differently then. 

I've hit prestige 3 since hitting 30- and I hit 30 about three weeks back. I've been 'playing normally'

Nightwave S1. Was a bad system, and S2's changes look like they're going to make the chores more palatable, but it's still a crappy system to 'fix' a 'problem' that was, all in all, pretty minor.

Just now, Paradoxity said:

I've hit prestige 3 since hitting 30- and I hit 30 about three weeks back. I've been 'playing normally'

Nightwave S1. Was a bad system, and S2's changes look like they're going to make the chores more palatable, but it's still a crappy system to 'fix' a 'problem' that was, all in all, pretty minor.

I'm actually quite curious as to how people have been ranking up post 30, and what their playstyles have been like. It would make for some interesting data as to how easy/hard it is to go at Nightwave passively. 

Can't say much about the system being crappy though. I was mostly motivated by the rewards, so I sat down on weekends to do everything since work takes too much time. Mostly at a point where my gear made most of everything trivial, so I don't recall having much problems with the acts. S2 looks like it'll be much easier, especially with the catch-up mechanic. 

To Folks who against Nightwave,

Even tho you have solid point to back your argument

Even tho Steve himself acknowledging the fact NightWave is too much for SOME player (Some is the keyword there)

Even tho the most vocal Content creators saying  basically the same thing. (in fact Screaming like LifeOfRio)

Its pointless.

These are people who we cannot have argument with. They keep backing DE mindlessly without thinking the direction of Warframe is going to. 

These are people who claim to be your friend but when you do bad things, they kept silenced. While we being slur as being over reacted to such situation. 

These people are egocentric bunch. Stop wasting your precious time.

56 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Wow, nightwave managed to inflict "self inflicted stress" for so many peoples.

It's because it was a 10-week commitment and had repeating challenges. Why 10 weeks? Shouldn't it sync with prime access and fill in the gaps for when content is lacking?  Instead we got a bad copy of a battlepass.

Like everything DE, we need to wait for Battlepass 2.0 for it to actually be a system that works and is designed for Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Even tho Steve himself acknowledging the fact NightWave is too much for SOME player (Some is the keyword there)

Even tho the most vocal Content creators saying  basically the same thing. (in fact Screaming like LifeOfRio)

Its pointless.

These are people who we cannot have argument with. They keep backing DE mindlessly without thinking the direction of Warframe is going to. 

These are people who claim to be your friend but when you do bad things, they kept silenced. While we being slur as being over reacted to such situation. 

Wow. People have different views and defend them.

What an exotic concept.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I'm actually quite curious as to how people have been ranking up post 30, and what their playstyles have been like. It would make for some interesting data as to how easy/hard it is to go at Nightwave passively. 

Can't say much about the system being crappy though. I was mostly motivated by the rewards, so I sat down on weekends to do everything since work takes too much time. Mostly at a point where my gear made most of everything trivial, so I don't recall having much problems with the acts. S2 looks like it'll be much easier, especially with the catch-up mechanic. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's farming for the specific things I want in mission types I like (Or spy, in the case of Rime Rounds) and ignoring everything I don't like. I don't switch up weapon damage types much (If we're being real, I've got about a dozen weapons I really enjoy, and tend to use them pretty exclusively), don't care about gliding kills, don't do long run survival or defense normally. I don't bother with the profit-taker orb (cos why would I?) and  have a handful of mission types i really, really dislike. (Looking at you, rescue and anything involving fortuna and the orb valis.) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Its pointless.

Stop trying to tell "truth", It's pointless.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Another one who can't read for S#&$. I started the passive run AFTER rank 30. Which yielded only one rank after weeks.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Playing the game the way I've been playing the last 5 (active) years. And not once was there a lockout for something. There also was never a way to play the game "wrong" because this is what nightwave does. It wants to dictate how the devs (that don't have a #*!%ing clue) think you should play the game. I mean mining and fishing wtf, has NOTHING to do with the core game experience whatsoever.

Weird. 

I've been actively avoiding a lot of the challenges that I just didn't feel like doing and recently made it to prestige rank 10. Am I doing something wrong here? 

I know that I'm just a filthy casual with only one year and change, but I wanna be able to play like an elite 5 year veteran too. Please advise. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paradoxity said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's farming for the specific things I want in mission types I like (Or spy, in the case of Rime Rounds) and ignoring everything I don't like. I don't switch up weapon damage types much (If we're being real, I've got about a dozen weapons I really enjoy, and tend to use them pretty exclusively), don't care about gliding kills, don't do long run survival or defense normally. I don't bother with the profit-taker orb (cos why would I?) and  have a handful of mission types i really, really dislike. (Looking at you, rescue and anything involving fortuna and the orb valis.) 

Interesting! 

I've been bouncing around places out of boredom. Operator Waybounds, ESO, Arbi and missing mods are pretty much what I have been messing about with since I don't have much to do than that. I know I got a gliding kill spamming my Saryn's 4 in mid air. 

Huh. I should pay more attention to what it is I actually do in game.

vor 1 Minute schrieb .Genix.:

Having to play the game to get stuff from specific repetitive tasks is pretty much the entirety of warframe.

Yes it is, but you can do that at any time in your own pace, Nightwave not allows it.

While most people would like ot proceed with other things nearby, Nightwave will keep running, unlike Events that have 1-3 rewards and you are done after some mission, this will continue and keep ongoing and.

Syndicats, Bosses, etc. you can do and farm whenever you want, Nightwave you feel forced AND YES it may be your own fault feeling under pressure, Nightwave not helps in its presentation, its system and how it isn't clear or interessting.

AGAIN, it is not about how hard or easy it is or if you need only 2 hours for all, it is still repetitive presenting itself as soemthing more which it simply is not anyting behind it.

Some people have time, some don't but they could do things on there own pace, now this thing runs along all and you have to decide if oyu have a short time to play simply, YES some have time at the weekend but some again don't, people life different lifes you know, we are no robots adjusting to everything.

And the argument you do it passivly is wrong, lets be honest new players can do most by playing the starchart yes,yet for damage stuff like kill 150 with viral you need ot adjust your mods to it and have to switch alot which new players might not be able to do yet or stuff they are locked out like sorties, profit taker, etc.

While older players who do missions to grind xp or credits or so are forced to do some mediocore exterminate which no one does except maybe in syndicat missions or in sorties,

the problem is again, this thing is trown in your face unlike other syndicats, sitting in the corner of your starchart and Nora keep talking to you and not fitting at all in the universe even partly, while other tasks like Quests and Syndicats you choose to do and can do whenever you feel like it AND yes doing Nightwave is alos your choice, but its presentation is unclear, trown in your face and keeps pushing itself down your troath.

And as said people have different lifes, just because it not feels stressful for you not means it is not stressful for others, people have different lifes, some are scared of spiders, some don't, some are afraid of heights, some don't, some are more angry or sad then others, some are simply ill or had a bad day or week, so PLEASE could people stop put people into categorys like this, WE are INDIVIDUALS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Interesting! 

I've been bouncing around places out of boredom. Operator Waybounds, ESO, Arbi and missing mods are pretty much what I have been messing about with since I don't have much to do than that. I know I got a gliding kill spamming my Saryn's 4 in mid air. 

Huh. I should pay more attention to what it is I actually do in game.

If you figure it out, let me know. I was levelling up weapons on hydron didn't even realise that one of my "straight from the oven and let the game automod it" weapons was dealing viral damage until the game pointed out that I was getting viral kills. 

This sort of nonsense simply won't do if we ever want to be leet vets like all the naysayers. 

I felt no pressure at all, at least I had something different to do other than maxing Mr fodders.

And season 2 is going to be even less stressful, with shortened missions and catch-up mechanic.

I wonder how many of the players talking of warframe as a second job have played when 1h in t4 survival was the shortest time you would do in that mission

22 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Its pointless.

Right. So "mindless" and "silenced" I submitted a comprehensive feedback detailing my problems with the current Nightwave setup.

I just see pros and cons in things, instead of absolutes. I also adapt to things, as video games tend to be about. I just don't see what the fuss is about.

Edited by KnossosTNC

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I don't even have rivens ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Well dang, you win this time! To be fair, I only have 8, I hate rivens.

Anyway, I was genuinely curious when I asked about your playstyle. But I feel as if this thread is getting more derailed so I won't push the matter further.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I hit Prestige 9 playing passively though. I've not bothered with a lot of the alerts since hitting 30, and made it that far. 

We're probably playing very differently then. 

I did the same, I think I probably hitted 6, and I missed a lot of day to play because of other games

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I used the method after I burned myself out, getting sick of the game in the process, and after I did the tedious mini jobs that are boring af. After r30 I tried it, and it gave me only 1 rank by playing the game how I played it the last 5 years.

Then you play the game in some very odd way.

I have done absolutely nothing, not even the simplest thing like bringing a specific type of damage to get dailies done even and I've gotten 9 whole ranks after hitting 30.

If you've gotten just one, then you seem to be playing 15% of the available parts in the game. That meens you are an outlier and not what the system should be designed after or cater to. I've played what would be considered casually after I hit 30, doing activities poeple are expected to do on a somewhat regular basis. It has been everything from fissures, wolf hunts, eidolons, speed farming relics, bounties, arbitrations and ESO. A bit of everything more or less. That is what NW should and does aim for, a bit of everything.

41 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I'm at rank 54. Nightwave has never taken me longer than 3 hours a week (often 2 hours) so it's not a big deal for me to do the tasks.

Edited by Zilchy

4 minutes ago, Sergent-Qc said:

Mmmm ... Guess I'm the only Tenno who liked Nightwave. Sad, but what can you do ... I love playing the game !!  - NW LVL15 prestige and not stressed at all.  :satisfied:

Another person who like Nightwave is here and im like prestige 25. I've had no problem with nightwave throughout the whole series. Honestly i just some more interesting elite weekly challenges is my only real complaint.