Acersecomic

End of Nightwave - Life back in Warframe

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Interesting! 

I've been bouncing around places out of boredom. Operator Waybounds, ESO, Arbi and missing mods are pretty much what I have been messing about with since I don't have much to do than that. I know I got a gliding kill spamming my Saryn's 4 in mid air. 

Huh. I should pay more attention to what it is I actually do in game.

If you figure it out, let me know. I was levelling up weapons on hydron didn't even realise that one of my "straight from the oven and let the game automod it" weapons was dealing viral damage until the game pointed out that I was getting viral kills. 

This sort of nonsense simply won't do if we ever want to be leet vets like all the naysayers. 

• Upvote 2

I felt no pressure at all, at least I had something different to do other than maxing Mr fodders.

And season 2 is going to be even less stressful, with shortened missions and catch-up mechanic.

I wonder how many of the players talking of warframe as a second job have played when 1h in t4 survival was the shortest time you would do in that mission

• Applause 4

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

To Folks who against Nightwave,

Even tho you have solid point to back your argument

Even tho Steve himself acknowledging the fact NightWave is too much for SOME player (Some is the keyword there)

Even tho the most vocal Content creators saying  basically the same thing. (in fact Screaming like LifeOfRio)

Its pointless.

These are people who we cannot have argument with. They keep backing DE mindlessly without thinking the direction of Warframe is going to. 

These are people who claim to be your friend but when you do bad things, they kept silenced. While we being slur as being over reacted to such situation. 

These people are egocentric bunch. Stop wasting your precious time.

Right. So "mindless" and "silenced" I submitted a comprehensive feedback detailing my problems with the current Nightwave setup.

I just see pros and cons in things, instead of absolutes. I also adapt to things, as video games tend to be about. I just don't see what the fuss is about.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I don't even have rivens ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Well dang, you win this time! To be fair, I only have 8, I hate rivens.

Anyway, I was genuinely curious when I asked about your playstyle. But I feel as if this thread is getting more derailed so I won't push the matter further.

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1

38 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I hit Prestige 9 playing passively though. I've not bothered with a lot of the alerts since hitting 30, and made it that far. 

We're probably playing very differently then. 

I did the same, I think I probably hitted 6, and I missed a lot of day to play because of other games

Posted (edited)

Mmmm ... Guess I'm the only Tenno who liked Nightwave. Sad, but what can you do ... I love playing the game !!  - NW LVL15 prestige and not stressed at all.  :satisfied:

Edited by Sergent-Qc
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I used the method after I burned myself out, getting sick of the game in the process, and after I did the tedious mini jobs that are boring af. After r30 I tried it, and it gave me only 1 rank by playing the game how I played it the last 5 years.

Then you play the game in some very odd way.

I have done absolutely nothing, not even the simplest thing like bringing a specific type of damage to get dailies done even and I've gotten 9 whole ranks after hitting 30.

If you've gotten just one, then you seem to be playing 15% of the available parts in the game. That meens you are an outlier and not what the system should be designed after or cater to. I've played what would be considered casually after I hit 30, doing activities poeple are expected to do on a somewhat regular basis. It has been everything from fissures, wolf hunts, eidolons, speed farming relics, bounties, arbitrations and ESO. A bit of everything more or less. That is what NW should and does aim for, a bit of everything.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I'm actually quite curious as to how people have been ranking up post 30, and what their playstyles have been like. It would make for some interesting data as to how easy/hard it is to go at Nightwave passively. 

Can't say much about the system being crappy though. I was mostly motivated by the rewards, so I sat down on weekends to do everything since work takes too much time. Mostly at a point where my gear made most of everything trivial, so I don't recall having much problems with the acts. S2 looks like it'll be much easier, especially with the catch-up mechanic. 

I'm at rank 54. Nightwave has never taken me longer than 3 hours a week (often 2 hours) so it's not a big deal for me to do the tasks.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sergent-Qc said:

Mmmm ... Guess I'm the only Tenno who liked Nightwave. Sad, but what can you do ... I love playing the game !!  - NW LVL15 prestige and not stressed at all.  :satisfied:

Another person who like Nightwave is here and im like prestige 25. I've had no problem with nightwave throughout the whole series. Honestly i just some more interesting elite weekly challenges is my only real complaint.

• Upvote 2

Got rank 30 at the beginning of the week. Missed a few weeks. Never did the friend or guild mate ones, Never did the hour long ones, didn't do the forma ones. Pretty stress free here. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Playing the game the way I've been playing the last 5 (active) years. And not once was there a lockout for something.

Except for all the event only exclusive weapons and mods, the rift sigil, arcanes locked behind Raids etc And now we also have the ephemeras.

You're gonna say well I can buy it with plat. Not everybody has that option so it's hard locked for them and ephemeras you can't. You either play the content for the rewards or you don't. 

Edited by Zilchy
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Sergent-Qc said:

I don't mind it. It has merits. It has flaws. It didn't affect how I play much.

I don't see anything to get worked up over.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited time content like this... this isn't a tactical alert or something... Nightwave is here to stay and it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

There's other people that like Nightwave, stop trying to spoil the fun for other people just because you personally dislike that content. Go do the stuff you do enjoy and let other people have fun. The game is big enough for everyone, not 100% of the game needs to be tailor made for your tastes, this is just selfish. 

Just don't do it. Conclave is there and I don't feel pressured to partake in it, I just don't do it. Same for other pve content I dislike, I leave it be. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis
  • Upvote 1

some “nightwave is too grindy! pls stop! im burned out by this! no fun at all!”

other “haha im here enjoyed nightwave dont blame us. you dont have to do all acts. if you hate, just leave :)”

many people are complaining each other, but you should be kind for other opinions. 

im sure all hating or defending people have love for warframe.

me? oh i really hate nightwave and i cant understand defend it idk

• Haha 1

Fin you cannot be bothered to spend an hour a week to get the reward items, then don’t bother doing it.

Seriously, I’ve spent 10 - 50 times the amount of time grinding for Khora.  The first full content in game that is zero RNG, and so many people act like they have to treat it as a job.  I wish I only had to work a few hours a week.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Umbra forma is definitely game changing. 

Still waiting for you to tell me which frame is "game changing" to have umbra forma on. And by the way if you say Chroma I'm gonna laugh even harder. Could it be infact that you're blindly following the other sheep and spouting something you heard without any hard evidence to back it up? Umbra forma is so game changing I haven't even used mine yet. It's a minescule amount of power creep and nothing more. Now Aura forma on the other hand, THAT is game changing.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, (PS4)dennezu0424 said:

many people are complaining each other, but you should be kind for other opinions. 

im sure all hating or defending people have love for warframe.

You see, the issue is that I'm just really tired of all the whining and entitlement on the forums. In the beginning I tried to be as considerate as possible about other people's feelings towards Nightwave, I used the proper feedback megathread to make suggestions that were as compromising as possible for both sides. If the OP was giving constructive feedback on how to improve Nightwave for more people, I'd be fine with it. But he's just whining and and saying DE is disrespectful by releasing free content for people to play, no strings attached. That is just plain stupid. In the meantime some of the best aspects I enjoyed about Nightwave which were the endurance challenges were completely nerfed and practically removed from the game because of this same whining I see on the forums. I'm just done with this nonsense. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 3

I agree. It really forced me to do things in the game I don't want to do for cred and the higher rewards. Just another way to burn out alot of players. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

You see, the issue is that I'm just really tired of all the whining and entitlement on the forums. In the beginning I tried to be as considerate as possible about other people's feelings towards Nightwave, I used the proper feedback megathread to make suggestions that were as compromising as possible for both sides. If the OP was giving constructive feedback on how to improve Nightwave for more people, I'd be fine with it. But he's just whining and and saying DE is disrespectful by releasing free content for people to play, no strings attached. That is just plain stupid. In the meantime some of the best aspects I enjoyed about Nightwave which were the endurance challenges were completely nerfed and practically removed from the game because of this same whining I see on the forums. I'm just done with this nonsense. 

Amen brother, me too.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Nightwave is ending, no more stress, no more being afraid I won't make it to the armor set and umbral forma... I managed to get it... barely...

GOODBYE NIGHTWAVE, I HOPE YOU GET CANCELED!

And you know what? Now  that Nightwave is behind me I am finaly enjoying Warframe again. I went out and farmed for materials, bought components, built stuff, goofed around, traded and earned some plat... I feel like everything's ok again. I am playing Warframe for the sake of playing and having fun again. I'm having fun again.

And then... Season 2 is looming around the corner -.-
DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited time content like this... this isn't a tactical alert or something... Nightwave is here to stay and it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

While i agree it's clunky and tedious, I've passively gotten to prestige ~10 (i cant remember right now). I'm not even trying to do it anymore after 30 and i got 10 levels anyway on SWITCH and PC. Thats me just happening to complete daily and weekly missions without actively working towards them.

Over the course of the nightwave i probably could have half assed it and still gotten the 30. I play a lot on weekends, but during the week i work and play a lot less (the time varies).

I know where you're coming from. I freaked out when the profit taker one appeared and i was only halfway thru Solaris United rep progression. I also freaked out and tried to crunch time a few Sundays to get as many missions complete as possible. It felt awful, but now i realize i was being ridiculous.

To be honest, i thought this post was satirical but i realized you were serious. Like holy crap, I'm sorry you got hit by FOMO but live and learn. Next time around you know you dont have to rush everything.

• Upvote 1

I honestly like the Nightwave system over the Alerts. It's an upgrade in every single way that actually maters. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

At this point, it's very hard not to admit that any stress or burnout from nightwave is self-inflicted. You can't argue that you "must" work yourself to the bone to get that umbra forma or whatever, because you can demonstrably get rank 30 at a casual, self-directed pace. Lots of people have literally done it. They practically make up half the comments in this thread. Honestly, if anything all of this just serves as a reminder for why every other syndicate in this game has daily standing limits. Otherwise you'd have people complaining about how the game is not fun anymore because they spend 10 hours every day fishing or mining or afk farming ESO.

Pretty sure it was Sid Meier who said that the goal of game design is to protect players from themselves.

• Applause 2

i really don't feel that this is very different from the old alert system. The alerts were always on a timer as well, i think i got more catalysts and reactors from nighwave than i got from alerts within that same amount of time.

• Upvote 2