Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave - Life back in Warframe

Acersecomic

Google feed brought me here. I actually quit after 4 years due the the anxiety that is nightwave. Warframe felt like a job being told what to do and how long I had to do it. Being able to always have something to do and being able to have micro and macro goals is what kept me coming back every week for 4 years. Once nightwave came out I only had time to do things that felt like chores. April 12th was the last time I played. Still have no intention of coming back.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It has been everything from fissures, wolf hunts, eidolons, speed farming relics, bounties, arbitrations and ESO. A bit of everything more or less. That is what NW should and does aim for, a bit of everything.

Except the majority of people are already well aware of which modes they like and which they don't (in my case, I don't like anything you mentioned). As such, forcing people to play those things they do not like causes burnout and frustration. That's the problem with Nightwave, a lack of options. It's either you do these missions we tell you to, or you ain't getting jack all. It is completely possible for a week of Nighwave to literally not give you anything bearable. So, once again, burnout, frustration, and a strong desire to drop this game and play something where you have a lot more fun. For a game mode that one, replaces alerts, and two, was advertised as "play your way and get rewarded", it sure as hell ain't achieving either. Alerts weren't stressful, and playing my way gets me jack all.

The fix is quite simple too. Make acts repeatable. That way no one will complain, because people would be doing what they want, when they want it, and still rank up in NW. No interference with the gameplay and working as advertised.

The Battle Pass works in Fortnite because Fortnite is a singular game mode. Warframe has too many game modes, and therefore duplicating the Fortnite battle pass will never work. Hopefully DE realizes that sooner rather than later (and stops being so goddamn stubborn), maybe then Nightwave will turn into a good system. Until then, expect more threads like these, because people are different and play in different ways, and what works for one will not work for the other.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, McGoodGreen said:

Season 2 is going to be even easier. They listened to the players about how stressful it made some of them, and they are making changes accordingly. Honestly, the thread title feels a little over dramatic. Nightwave needs some tweaks, and they are making them, but it is far from so broken that it destroys Warframes spirit. 

Pretty much this. Season 2 will be VERY relaxed given that it now has a catch up mechanic. So if you choose not to do a weekend's challenges they will still be there.

You can catch-up whenever you please. So...the "FOMO" is now gone. Unless you wait until the very last day.

No more Alert FOMO (if I sleep or goto work I miss rare rng generated alerts), no more Nightwave FOMO, the timed aspect is pretty much gone.

Additionally there will now be less challenges to do per week. So it the at times suffocating grasp Nightwave had is gone.

It's essentially equal to daily quests in other MMOs, and the old mission challenge pre-Nightwave (ie: Use your first ability 5 times, hack 1 console, kill 25 enemies)

Season 1 I admit sometimes felt overwhelming but Season 2 is already night (pun unintended) & day levels of better.

I know for me it'll be better as the newbies I play with & I will be having 1 or 2 "Nightwave days" per week to knock it out. Which will actually be fun for us. It's essentially our play together day.

For folks saying that they dislike the seasonal rewards & that other items remain obtainable.

Until Nightwave cosmetics were only obtainable via plat. DE can STILL one day add Nightwave items to the Market. But the "free" method will always be Nightwave. Which  before Nightwave was a thing...outside of weapon skins & helmets was never an option.

If DE did add Umbra Forma & etc to the Market it'd be hella expensive. As that kind of power creep will never be cheap. Be careful what you ask for.

Additionally, seasonal content gives long time players something to do/a reason to play.

Most long term players, didn't do much but sit in their Orbiters, & ignore 99% of alerts. Had no reason to fish, mine, play missions, open caches, etc.

Tactical Alerts were seasonal/temporary. I don't see people screaming over them. They literally happened once & haven't happened again in all 6 years. Wolf of Saturn Six has been confirmed to return eventually.

We just had the Wolf of Saturn Six Tactical Alert for 3 measy days. No one screamed over that being 3 days long.

Now it's gone....

Where is the rioting there?

If players hate Nightwave (which has been 12+ weeks long) then they also hate the beloved Tactical Alerts that so many want to return because those were shorter than Nightwave & were true once in a lifetime events. There should be "FOMO" there.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

1 hour ago, Chaos.Blades said:

Google feed brought me here. I actually quit after 4 years due the the anxiety that is nightwave. Warframe felt like a job being told what to do and how long I had to do it. Being able to always have something to do and being able to have micro and macro goals is what kept me coming back every week for 4 years. Once nightwave came out I only had time to do things that felt like chores. April 12th was the last time I played. Still have no intention of coming back.

So why are you still hanging around here?

6 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Repeating the same thing over and over ain't going to make it true, you know?

Riiiiight, which is why you (And Cubic Clem, for that matter) have been saying nothing on the subject except how much it sucks (without going into detail) every chance you get, replying to everyone who shares your views with "this" or gifs as if that's at all constructive or accomplishes anything, and parroting the same already-debunked points over and over again whenever a counterpoint is brought up.

And now this statement.

Seriously, pot meet kettle.

2 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Riiiiight, which is why you (And Cubic Clem, for that matter) have been saying nothing on the subject except how much it sucks (without going into detail) every chance you get, replying to everyone who shares your views with "this" or gifs as if that's at all constructive or accomplishes anything, and parroting the same already-debunked points over and over again whenever a counterpoint is brought up.

And now this statement.

Seriously, pot meet kettle.

Already debunked by who? And how? Also, how the f*ck is someone sharing their subjective opinion and experience debunking anything? Debunking means factual information, and the only thing that can be considered a fact about Nightwave is that it is divisive and controversial. Anything else is subjective, my posts included. How about you make an effort to understand that others DO NOT think and work like you and consider their situation, then maybe we can talk.

Yeah, I agree with CubicClem. So what? I agree with him because I understand his situation. Because I'm in the exact same situation. I also understand the situations of others, but that DOES NOT help with my own. So yeah, I'll parrot my point of view, just like the people who like Nightwave parrot theirs, until we either reach a consensus, or we have enough of this absolutely terrible system (for people like US, in case I need to spell nuance for you) and leave the game. And you can't stop us.

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

Except the majority of people are already well aware of which modes they like and which they don't (in my case, I don't like anything you mentioned). As such, forcing people to play those things they do not like causes burnout and frustration. That's the problem with Nightwave, a lack of options. It's either you do these missions we tell you to, or you ain't getting jack all. It is completely possible for a week of Nighwave to literally not give you anything bearable. So, once again, burnout, frustration, and a strong desire to drop this game and play something where you have a lot more fun. For a game mode that one, replaces alerts, and two, was advertised as "play your way and get rewarded", it sure as hell ain't achieving either. Alerts weren't stressful, and playing my way gets me jack all.

The fix is quite simple too. Make acts repeatable. That way no one will complain, because people would be doing what they want, when they want it, and still rank up in NW. No interference with the gameplay and working as advertised.

The Battle Pass works in Fortnite because Fortnite is a singular game mode. Warframe has too many game modes, and therefore duplicating the Fortnite battle pass will never work. Hopefully DE realizes that sooner rather than later (and stops being so goddamn stubborn), maybe then Nightwave will turn into a good system. Until then, expect more threads like these, because people are different and play in different ways, and what works for one will not work for the other.

And it shouldnt come down to just what you like. I mean if you dont do any of the things I mention, you arent the avarage player, because the things you decide to do are extremely limited. It all comes down to the wide audience in the end, not the specific cliques.

This is also not a battle pass. This is more similar to simple daily/weekly quests or quarterly faction grinds.

The activities I mentioned covers the majority of the community. And the things done in those activities can be done elsewhere too. So if you arent a 24/7 fisher/miner/conservator, there is little reason to not be able to finish the acts. You also dont need 100% completion. So there is massive wiggleroom.

• Like 1

People should really start realizing that Nightwave is here to stay. It is not for everyone, but it is for anyone who is interested to do something extra apart from the status quo. There is so much freedom to do whatever you want in this game, but barring everybody else from having something else just because you hate participating in it is just foolish. I can't see what is so wrong with predetermined loots within your reach after doing what you usually do in WF anyway. 

Idk nightwave helped me push my way through the system. But it definitely rushed me. I didn't get to enjoy questing in order to unlock sorties or kuva survival. 

And next I need to rush an Edilon build & profit taker (plus Fortuna rep) So I can do elite challenges that will make the start of the week easier and I know I won't worry about my rank. And can finally just stroll through every challenge and then play the content I would prefer to be playing. 

For the love of God why we're two of them nightmare challenges on the Sunday/Monday reset every nightmare on Switch on every planet was energy drain and only having a well built Nyx made all of that impossible. I was like, "I guess I have to do this tomorrow".

Squishy frames rely on energy x.x

I reached rank 6 playing "normally" after attaining rank 30 a while back (to reach 30, I pushed myself to do stuff I didn't want to do, that did not further my personal goals, and consumed resources I wouldn't normally have used (or just used hours before using those resources would be considered a reward-able act)  - the true "crafting cost" of Umbra Forma)

There is no way I would have reached rank 30 "playing normally" and casually.

Life did go back to normal for me once Nightwave was "over" for me, hitting rank 30. Now, I can go farm Hepit/Ukko/Marduk for relics, run a few sedna spy missions to rank up some MR fodder weapons, crack a couple relics when a mission type i like pops up (as close to alerts as we still have), all without being told to do it. Still bummed that the Wolf is out there like an assassin still... quite angry that I can't optimize my time by bringing 3 weapons to rank up in spy missions, instead of only 2, and the wolf can really mess up a vault and all my sneakiness, and can kill a weaker frame if I were running them through a Saturn Spy to rank up, thus reducing affinity gains through death/revive - I play solo, so nobody is reviving me.

And the changes they've announced are "Close, but no cigar" to actually fixing the problems many people have with it. (so very close, and yet so far)

Overall feeling of Nightwave: feels bad. Leaves me dreading the update and what it'll ask as the new series begins.

Really hoping the Rank rewards do not include Umbra forma or anything I want, so I can ignore it and just have fun without the nagging "must do these chores" list hanging over my head for another 2 months+.

The only way I could enjoy my time was to push to 30 as fast as I could, so I could ignore Nightwave as soon as possible, and that sigh of relief was one DE should not want people aching for.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Except the majority of people are already well aware of which modes they like and which they don't

And congratulations that you do. God forbid DE introduce a system that asks you to play their game.

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

people are different and play in different ways, and what works for one will not work for the other.

Useless platitude.

DE has to appeal to the broad majority. You obviously aren't within that. You can either adapt, ignore, or quit. It's your choice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

DE has to appeal to the broad majority. You obviously aren't within that. You can either adapt, ignore, or quit. It's your choice.

I've already said I'm gonna peace out if Season 2 ain't an improvement, so I'm just waiting for it to show up and confirm my suspicions. I doubt I'm alone, so I hope DE enjoys bleeding players.

11 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I've already said I'm gonna peace out if Season 2 ain't an improvement, so I'm just waiting for it to show up and confirm my suspicions. I doubt I'm alone, so I hope DE enjoys bleeding players.

Of course you're not alone but you're making an awfully big assumption to use the phrase, "bleeding players."

Every controversial change has apocalyptic language like what you're using and it's never been accurate. I don't think I need to remind you that people are more likely to complain than they are to praise so you're seeing a skewn representation on an already skewn representation that is these forums.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Of course you're not alone but you're making an awfully big assumption to use the phrase, "bleeding players."

Every controversial change has apocalyptic language like what you're using and it's never been accurate. I don't think I need to remind you that people are more likely to complain than they are to praise so you're seeing a skewn representation on an already skewn representation that is these forums.

Have you seen the amount of threads complaining about Nightwave though? That's my basis. They're a lot more numerous than your usual "doom and gloom" threads.

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Have you seen the amount of threads complaining about Nightwave though? That's my basis. They're a lot more numerous than your usual "doom and gloom" threads.

Not... really?

DE would usually consolidate these threads into a single mega thread. They haven't for the past while, though, so it looks far worse than it actually is. You're also counting the number of people that made threads complaining but haven't re-evaluated their opinion based on the proposed changes, nor the people who dislike the current season but are saving their judgment for when season 2 goes live.

There's also the fact that complaints are very much a flavor-of-the-month sort of thing around here. SEE: Veteran content.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Not... really?

DE would usually consolidate these threads into a single mega thread. They haven't for the past while, though, so it looks far worse than it actually is. You're also counting the number of people that made threads complaining but haven't re-evaluated their opinion based on the proposed changes, nor the people who dislike the current season but are saving their judgment for when season 2 goes live.

There's also the fact that complaints are very much a flavor-of-the-month sort of thing around here. SEE: Veteran content.

Fair enough. But Nightwave is still the most controversial thing added in Warframe since... I dunno, ever? Not even the Conclave alerts were this controversial. So, the possibility is there, especially when combined with the overall negativity in recent times. DE's been half-assing it for a while now, and it looks like they'll keep on doing just that. So if that's the case, it could have serious consequences. There's only so much good will they can ride on, and apparently it's running out.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Nightwave is still the most controversial thing added in Warframe since... I dunno, ever?

I'll give you that it's a heavily controversial topic and I will spare you my opinion on it because you've already heard it.

What I will say is to not let your perception get in the way of objective reality. You're not happy with it so your take is decidedly negative.

8 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Um, you do realise of course that you could've just had fun in warframe while nightwave was on right? You didn't have to do it, you CHOSE to. That's on you, not the game.

Why don't people understand Nightwave was mostly PASSIVE, as intended... It's not meant to be "Go out of your way to open 20 lockers!" for example.. it's "Go do that mission you were gonna run anyway, and hey...open those along the way, would ya?"

It's not HARD o-o PLUS there was PLENTY of wiggle room to decide to completely AVOID certain tasks if you didn't want to do them, or couldn't for whatever reason.

8 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I was somehow able to do that at the same time I did Nightwave.

Weird.

Same.  I didn't change things up at ALL and made to PRESTIGE Rank 3, as of right now.  That's Rank 30 PLUS 3 more, and I didn't even bother with those...

Some things I made an active attempt to do, but tbh...NightWave gave me things to do when I was bored in ADDITION to the passive stuff.

8 hours ago, Chipputer said:

How to complete Nightwave:

Method 1:
- Targeted farming of each individual mission and nothing else

Method 2:
- Just play the game like you always did and slightly change how you experience the content to pick up the objectives as you go.

If you stressed yourself out then you did Method 1 and you didn't even do it in an efficient manner. If you were you'd be done with the tasks within a few hours in one day's worth of play, minus obvious objectives like 3 or 5 sorties or 60 minute survivals or 40 wave defenses.

I can't wait for you people to stop exaggerating. Every time DE tries something new this happens.

This is the most stressful part... I'm honestly concerned that DE WILL read this crap and decide to stop making an effort to bring us new things because of how toxic we get when they do.  

8 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yeah I hate these "oh just play normally you get standing passively" arguments which are #*!%ing wrong. It doesn't work that way, I tried. And got only 1 prestige rank after weeks, so NO you can't get it passively through normal gameplay ffs.

YES you CAN.  I did it.  Heck, I didn't even PLAY Warframe for almost the first 2 or 3 weeks of Nightwave because irl commitments...and I'm STILL Rank 33 in NW.  It doesn't take much.  It's mostly PASSIVE stuff.  Stop making mountains out of mole hills.

• Like 1

Level 33 in Nightwave here literally played 3 days a week and most of that was grinding Hydron. Nightwave was a fun change of pace and those complaining you got a guaranteed 478,000 standing if you did all of the daily and weekly stuff plus the bonus spawning guys you only need 300,000 so if you played seriously you should have easily achieved that.

I wish people could find a way to compromise about this... you don't have to be so divisive, its just a game, there room to compromise.

Season 2 sounds like it will be better with the catch up mechanic, I read that they will make the wolf armor set available again at some point which is really good, its a unique armor set unlike anything else we have seen in game so far, it shouldn't be unavailable to so many people.

Edited by AugustFestival

I would rather do 2 weeks worth of Nightwave tasks than 25 Thermia Fractures. I started Nightwave late and still managed to still ding 30 at the start of this week with just a couple tasks. Keeping in mind I skipped some other tasks along the way that were too much of a slog. I'm only MR9 amd I want that Opticore Vandal but I can't bring myself to finish those last 25 Thermia Fractures I need. None of my friends want to play them and going PUG has only lead to destroyed canisters.

• Like 1

I have a real life job (among a lot of other things) I don't have a lot of time to play the game. When I login, I'm on a timeframe and my priorities are usually one of the following:

• Level a forma'd weapon.
  • Get ducats.
  • Get resources.
  • Eidolon hunt
  • Sortie
  • Grind for warframe parts

The way nightwave is set up interferes with the way I play the game. I'm not going to do 3 mobile defense missions in a row, while at the same time being in need of Orokin cells. Or need to advance to the next Vox Solaris level to get the new amp. Or an Eidolon hunt is starting and I have a chance to get arcane grace/energize.

It's annoying to rearrange mods on my favorite weapons just to end up with a less effective damage type so i can complete the nightwave challenge. Then rearrange the mods back again when I'm done. I like the way I had my weapon set up to begin. Other challenges just seem silly (socket ayatan sculptures, bullet jump 150 times, scan 25 objects)

For this reason, I've never focused on any of the nightwave challenges. If I happen to complete one while doing my normal activities, great. If not... I won't go out of my way just to get the nightwave stuff done.