Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave - Life back in Warframe

Acersecomic

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

What is NOT "leisurely" about " Kill 20 enemies while Aim-Gliding" or "Open 20 Lockers"??  These "missions" weren't hard, or tedious....they were just a checklist of things you're mostly ALREADY DOING!

I do agree none of them were particularly hard, many were tedious though, which is why they are getting changed.  If they weren't tedious there would have been no changes.  There were also many that were not tedious and could be done casually.  One thing that concerns me is that people are doing it even though they dislike it, as Umbral Forma is not that important and that is the only unique thing I can think of people might really need, Nitain aside.  If it ruins the experience for you just don't do it, DE will see it, and you can even post suggestions.  I'll be here waiting for the next story mission/Railjack.

Seriously - I don't get what the big deal is. Why are people even getting stressed over Nightwave?

I'm a VERY casual player...all I do is a couple of hours most evenings. Sometimes play a bit on weekends if I have time.

I hardly put any effort in at all and still managed to get to Rank 25. So anyone even remotely trying should have been able to get to Rank 30 without breaking a sweat.

Makes me laugh, seeing all these poor lambs complaining about burnout.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bobveela said:

I do agree none of them were particularly hard, many were tedious though, which is why they are getting changed.  If they weren't tedious there would have been no changes.  There were also many that were not tedious and could be done casually.  One thing that concerns me is that people are doing it even though they dislike it, as Umbral Forma is not that important and that is the only unique thing I can think of people might really need, Nitain aside.  If it ruins the experience for you just don't do it, DE will see it, and you can even post suggestions.  I'll be here waiting for the next story mission/Railjack.

>umbral forma not that important

Casual .

What is NOT "leisurely" about " Kill 20 enemies while Aim-Gliding" or "Open 20 Lockers"??  These "missions" weren't hard, or tedious....they were just a checklist of things you're mostly ALREADY DOING!

NIGHTWAVE IS NOT A "MODE".  It is JUST a checklist for accomplishments as you play what you already play, with the added benefit of MAYBE motivating players to play outside their normal "comfort bubble" so they see more of the game and give it a chance.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO ENGAGE WITH NIGHTWAVE AT ALL to play the normal game.

Alerts aside, NOTHING was removed from the game at large for Nightwave.  You can still run high level, low level, mid level, Eidolons, PT, Relics, ESO, etc...ALL of the game modes you enjoyed BEFORE Nightwave are STILL there!

Heck, most of MY Nightwave 'accomplishments' were gained WITHOUT CONSCIOUS EFFORT TO DO THEM.  I'd just be killing baddies in ESO and suddenly "Kill 150 Enemies with Viral. COMPLETED! +1000"  

I mean, in your own words... "HOW FREAKING HARD THAT IS."

You WERE given a choice! There were SEVERAL +1000, +3000, and +5000 standing accomplishments to choose from each week... There were also DAILIES that stayed active for 3 DAYS.  ALSO also, you could get standing from random Wolf/Convict encounters on TOP of all that...and you only needed 10k per rank!

THE GAME did not CHANGE to accommodate NightWave.  New levels weren't added...difficulties weren't changed...  Nothing became "easier" or "harder" as a result of adding Nightwave.  If you didn't like enemy scaling BEFORE Nightwave, you don't like it now....   

There's literally nothing harder about Nightwave existing.  Just play like you normally play...make the extra effort IF you want the reward. But it IS a REWARD, not a GIFT.  You need to do the work to get the prize.  Stop expecting it to be handed to you.

giphy.gif

Unfortunately a lot of people want something for nothing these days.

Which is odd, considering the number of people who complain that the game is not hard enough...go figure...

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

After I got to rank 30 I just stopped playing the game for the remaining weeks. Nightwave put a big blazing spot light on how tedious and boring the base gameplay loop is and how DE has to inject rewards in old content to make people actually play it. 

Also the reason a lot of people don't feel like "putting in hours of work for rewards" is because people play games for enjoyment. It isn't a bloody job. And if a base game doesn't have an enjoyable gameplay loop then people won't do it without incentive.

Y'all can do whatever you want to do but I'll be dropping warframe till we get an actual content drop.

4 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

If this is all the content you do then you don’t actually need anything from the night wave rewards

Yeah, by that attitude, I don't need anything from this game. Might as well waltz in there with Excal, Skana and MK-1 Paris, cause I can do both of those just as well with the starter equipment. And frankly, that can be said for 99% of Warframe. You don't need those rewards either. So stop being a hypocrite. No one needs the nightwave rewards. They want them. It's a difference. And if I could buy those rewards, you wouldn't see me complaining. But I can't, so here I am.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah, by that attitude, I don't need anything from this game. Might as well waltz in there with Excal, Skana and MK-1 Paris, cause I can do both of those just as well with the starter equipment. And frankly, that can be said for 99% of Warframe. You don't need those rewards either. So stop being a hypocrite. No one needs the nightwave rewards. They want them. It's a difference. And if I could buy those rewards, you wouldn't see me complaining. But I can't, so here I am.

I can't buy those blazing or seeding Ephemera as well, so I have to do a lot of ESO or Arbitration, which I don't really enjoy, yet you don't see me raise too much fuss. Trust me, if you hate the dang thing so much, just ignore them. Much better for your sanity.

The game wasnt supposed to make it this far to begin with it was literally meant to fail and fall off people thinking just cuz a few people stop playing is gonna hurt DE is truly sad there are thousands more to take your place people are still discovering the game as it has been stated before. Adapt, ignore, quit. Your choice no need to cry over spilt milk 

5 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Thats things to do for scrubs. After more than 1000 hours you will no longer have need want or interest in such low level trash missions, dont even get me started on things like 10 different bounties or 10 nigtmare missions or 10 syndicates missions. THATS NOT WHAT I WANT TO FREAKING DO in warframe and certainly not on lv 10 and certainly not for an hour a day and certainly not for 2 at max relevant rewards in 10 weeks straight. Dump this garbage and replace it all with ESO, sorties, Wolf Hunt, arbitration, orb kill or eidilon, make lv 80 or higher level missions like spies with no ciphers. And you know whats most important? ONE ONE OF THESE IS MORE THAN NUFF FOR A DAY, SO 6 OR 7 TOTAL PER WEEK. Give players freaking options, dont force to do low level trash they dont want, reward more difficult ones with more standing, create decent rewards and not award it all in the very end, dont make it into boring chores, remove idiotic with friends or clanmates that yeilds you more than everything else put together, HOW FREAKING HARD THAT IS. 

And still, ppl complained for things being too hard and they shortened/easied almost any mission.

I really hope to see a really "elite" weekly, imo the most elites things were the 1h kuva (where you can still be carried in) and profit taker, mostly because the first time on switch there were just a bunch of ppl at rank 5, making it kinda elitist, otherwise I honestly felt like those were a lot less rewarding than normal weekly.

And lvl 80+ spy with no cipher? Just a normal sortie spy, unless you obligate me to run it on pubs.

Edited by (NSW)Fiftycentis

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

giphy.gif

Unfortunately a lot of people want something for nothing these days.

Which is odd, considering the number of people who complain that the game is not hard enough...go figure...

My thoughts precisely...  

They don't know what they want.  Thus why I always say just trust the pros (DE).  Clearly, as the game is still going more than half a decade later, they're well aware of what "the players want, as a whole".  It's arrogant to assume any single individual knows better than the entire 250+ employees that OWN the data metrics to tell them what they need to know.

Feedback is fine, but these forums, many of these youtube channels and twitch channels as well... they're all just a bunch of bs.  They whine and whine for square pegs instead of round, and when given them, they complain the square pegs aren't round ENOUGH!  .... DE cannot win.  If DE truly doesn't read feedback, as some accuse them of... I would never, ever blame them for it.

• Like 5

On 2019-05-15 at 10:55 AM, 3NVY5W0RD said:

-Snip-

STOP IT.  Stop with throwing derogatory names around at other players. Stop with all the condescending B***SH**.  It's immature at BEST, and killing this community at worst.

There is no reason to divide people like that...

Casual players are welcome here.  Hardcore players are welcome here.  There is plenty of Origin System for -everyone-.   

These forums are so filled with vitriol and spite, I honestly don't understand how anyone still could think that the "Warframe community is so kind! So much less toxic than other games! Wonderful people!" after perusing our forums for even 4 minutes.

It's pathetic how most people act here.  Get your s*** together.

If you don't like the game, leave.  If you want something changed, provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on the actual FEEDBACK channel.  If you wanna rant, call your friends on the phone, but leave all the hate elsewhere.  I'm so sick of seeing this crap on the forums...

If you don't like doing it, don't do it! That's solid advice for anyone, honestly...   

Here's some more:  "Better to shut your mouth and be thought a fool, than  to open it and remove all doubt."

• Like 1

On 2019-05-15 at 10:55 AM, 3NVY5W0RD said:

-Snip-

Nightwave is nothing like Battlefield 5 situation wtf you on about? Battlefield 5 suffered from massive rush development and some bizarre agenda to portray ww2 as this historically inaccurate mess in a game series known for being realistic. What does that have to do with nightwave? At all?

Nightwave is just some challenges to earn so extra stuff in the game. You can easily not do it and be fine, you can earn all the rewards that aren't the cosmetics through other means. Weapon/warframe slots, forma, potatoes can be farmed with out doing nightwave. You are not being forced to play it. Also blaming causal players is some elitist scumbag crap.

• Like 3

Myself and my partner actually enjoyed Nightwave, thought it was cool and gave us something mostly quick to do in our off hours.

Generally for us it's fine since it usually works around what we want to do anyway. "Okay, there is a challenge here for Rescues, well today's sortie has one and I need to restock my specters so sure we can do that" or "Oh there is a elite challange here for 60 mins in Kuva Survival. Well Kuva is always useful, plus it would let us test the strength of our builds for a long period of time* with a bit of added pressure."

That's just a general run down of how talks went.

*Personally I do agree that 60 mins were waaaay too long, and really not fair to for everyone. 

Heck we even enjoyed fighting the Wolf, we thought he's cool as heck. Sure he's not perfect, he's waaaay too spongey and immune to status effects but we thought he was pretty damn cool to fight. (Again not saying he's without problems which seem to have been mostly addressed!)

It's not a perfect system least to begin with but I gotta admit the new changes to the next season like the catch up mechanic seem really useful! Not to mention other changes listed look like they are listening and changing the biggest issues. 

With all that said: Nightwave for us was fun. though not really stressful in what we did, Not exactly frustrating, hardly pressuring, Time consuming sure, but that's fine, We don't really feel disrespected either. But I for sure feel disrespected by you OP for speaking for me. We enjoyed Nightwave and can't wait to see the new season. 

• Like 2

I'm still baffled by this kind of topics. Why? Because as someone with a full-time job I have only maybe 1 hour a day to play warframe. And I still completed Nightwave couple of weeks before originaly estimated deadline without any hussle.

I duuno, people who got burnt out by Nightwave/barely made it, git gud maybe???

• Like 2

These forums are so filled with vitriol and spite, I honestly don't understand how anyone still could think that the "Warframe community is so kind! So much less toxic than other games! Wonderful people!" after perusing our forums for even 4 minutes.

Because the forums is where the salt come out, while ingame (excluding really rare exceptions) the community is really good. And remember that the people using the forums to write something are a minority.

And even the forum is not even close to the toxicity of many other online games

And i am here with my 48lvl nw (and i skipped 2 weeks of it) and just switched to log in, gather standing from Cetus and Fortuna, put a forma on and log out, just waiting for the next wave/event. Not even remotely burned out. 

Nw is optional and reoccuring, how is it that you all are not feeling this bad about eidolons for example, which are also time restrained (night tends to be always when i am not on, if i am on its update time), or vaulted relics in void only and only for some time (getting the right axi from there is ridicolously bad for time invested), or acolytes that come for 5 days (and its actually difficult to get everything from them in that time and its always when i can't play), or whatever other stuff that rewards you for playing certain content of warframe in a limited time window and rewards you more for that commitment.

That is excatly as it should be (or always were), its a game, play what you like to play, get more rewards if you go with the live event. Its like the mmo thing since forever.. Warframe thing since forever.. 

There is barely any mr/needed stuff gated behind nw (3-4 bps?) and nitain, you don't have to do almost any of it, baro has far more and far worse gated. I honestly think that by just playing during nw (and it will be live all the time, whole year non stop) you get enough creds to get those mr related stuff and enough nitain for your needs. Some might take a bit longer, but really? 

All of the rest is a bonus for commitment and the bonus to effort is actually really good, probably too good, thats why so many people have the need to get it all. Put a forma, level some stuff, kill some mobs in a week and you get a 20p slot. Like.. really? Burned you out, 2nd job? Cmon..

You wanted everything and more, you overcommited to an event.. You burned yourself out. I can tell you - doing the same to acolytes, plague star, even fomorian would net you the same result. Just the rewards on those are worse and its far shorter commitment ..? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Nightwave is ending, no more stress, no more being afraid I won't make it to the armor set and umbral forma... I managed to get it... barely...

GOODBYE NIGHTWAVE, I HOPE YOU GET CANCELED!

And you know what? Now  that Nightwave is behind me I am finaly enjoying Warframe again. I went out and farmed for materials, bought components, built stuff, goofed around, traded and earned some plat... I feel like everything's ok again. I am playing Warframe for the sake of playing and having fun again. I'm having fun again.

And then... Season 2 is looming around the corner -.-
DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited time content like this... this isn't a tactical alert or something... Nightwave is here to stay and it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

So DE forced you to play the Nightwave missions ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

Because the forums is where the salt come out, while ingame (excluding really rare exceptions) the community is really good. And remember that the people using the forums to write something are a minority.

And even the forum is not even close to the toxicity of many other online games

Seriously.  In game people are mostly silent in my experience unless you really push their buttons.  Heck, I didn't even catch flack for running Limbo last time I went into Infested Excavation Arbitration (where I edged out the others in terms of usefulness after 20 excavations).  Whereas the first time I went into a League of Legends match, at the absolute lowest possible ranks of public, I got told to commit suicide for real because I didn't play perfect, and from the comments of others, that's completely normal for that game.

Warframe ain't got **** on certain other communities in terms of boiling hate and bile for their fellow player.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Lol i guess he is, since DE changed LOT of nightwave thingies to appeal people like him.

What was changed to appeal to them, exactly? They've made it very clear that they're not exactly thrilled with the current iteration and aren't holding out hope for the second season. They also prefer to not have to play missions they don't enjoy, which they will still have to do in order to earn standing.

If you're trying to go for a, "gotcha," moment then you need to actually make sense.

@Anduvriel  (and others talking about Nightwave's features being common among past Warframe "events")

The biggest difference between Nightwave and Events: Nightwave is a much longer commitment (~2 months of effort) that you have to fit into each week, because there is a weekly cap, so you can't grind it out when you personally have time to devote to what it wants done (partially addressed with the proposed "catch up" mechanic, but not entirely). And if you don't manage (for any reason, unable to play for a while, no internet connection, whathaveyou) to finish attaining the rank required for the rewards you want during the event period, all the work that you already put into it disappears at the end, even if that means 2 months worth of that work, and being just shy of the rank you need by 150 points.

Other events (Acolytes, Plaguestar, Fomorian, even unvaultings, Thermia Fractures) last shorter times and do not prevent you from burning through what you can, when you can, and then drop it like a hot potato when you're done. Personally, I do hold some gripes with unvaultings due to where you get the Axi relics, but it's not anywhere near on the same level as Nightwave. One thing all those events hold in common: They have a history of returning and the events with standing retain your standing/progress. Nightwave seasons have no definitive plans for "returning" or "replaying" (lore-wise, they don't make sense to repeat in the same manner as the other events.) Nightwave is going to delete all progress, even Wolfcreds, at the end of its duration. The rotating stock in the Cred Shop retains the problematic features of Alerts if something you want is in the shop when you don't have the wolfcred needed to buy it, or never even appears in the shop for the duration of the event (is it guaranteed to rotate every item in the possible inventory? and what are the chances they appear when you haven't yet earned enough creds yet (or just spent your creds the previous week), and then rotate out of the stock for the rest of the event... yeah...)

They SAY they're bringing back the unique rank rewards of this series in the future ... in some vague language, no concrete plans or dates... which in Warframe's history could mean years later. Essentially, if you don't get it now, you don't get it in any meaningful timeframe. The Umbra Forma appearing as it did, as a high rank reward, and its significance (new sentient enemies are going to be "Tau" in the New War, and the Umbra mods are designed to deal with them... even the Wolf and these new Amalgams will likely be "Tau" based) leads people to want it ASAP, unknowing of any future ways to acquire it, and how much they'll need (how important it will really be to builds). (I know, that before I ever used any of it, I'd need at least 12 Umbra Forma, because once I use it AND rank up the mods to fill the newly available capacity space on the frames that can use the forma... those mods will no longer be usable in their fully ranked state on frames WITHOUT Umbra polarities, without changing the builds in undesirable ways.) If Nightwave series' are the only way to obtain Umbra Forma (unlikely, but possible), then YES, it's almost "forcing" people to do Nightwave acts to get something they'll really need.

Nightwave was supposed to replace Alerts of all things. Alerts were the most ignorable, repeating, casual content that were one-and-done, quick play, immediate reward. Now, it's a slog of doing chores (at least when they're tasks that do not fall into your personal goals) to earn ranks to be paid wolfcred (or whatever series equivalent). Each individual Act gives no direct reward, They're front-loading the cred equivalent in the 2nd season due to a lot of feedback on that issue, but we don't know what that means yet, and if it'll be enough to address the issues caused by the cred shop in general.

I agree with Nightwave's premise of letting people work progressively toward goals, rather than relying on RNG to be online at the right time to catch an alert with the single thing you want from it. However, the deletion of progress negates the whole progressive thing, the rotating cred shop stock negates the RNG thing combined with the limited availability of creds and when people spend them.

I've detailed more that I have issue with in the first official feedback thread, so I won't repeat it all here.

(Personally, I want Alerts back, modified as per my previous posts, to run along side Nightwave, regardless of other changes they make to the event side of Nightwave. Alerts were a better system, IMO, even with all their faults, and could be fixed fairly easily)
(I have 2 jobs, and I'm 42yrs old, as someone mentioned being curious about ages/life circumstances in relation to their opinion of Nightwave)

Nigtwave season 1 was polarizing in nature. If you had plenty of time to go around you could complete it easily. If you didn't, you were fresh out of luck and nothing you could do would salvage it. Season 2 is trying to address many of these problems trying to account for how much time is needed for completion, what the challenges are like, what ways you can catch-up if you do not have every day to spare and so on so forth. From what I read the new season 2 will be much better all around. Provide things to chase after but be more flexible.

If Nightwave Season 1 made you feel like you were forced to do a bunch of stuff you didn't normally do or want to do, it is in your best interest to take the opportunity to ask yourself if you actually like playing the game.

It didn't ask you to do anything outside the ordinary in the game. Doing some small section of the game might be fun, but DE is not making just that small piece.

Do you actually like to play the entire game? If yes, Nightwave 1 wasn't an issue. If not, take the time to find another game that better encompasses what you like to play.

• Like 1