Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need more bosses like Wolf

G.L.O.R.ious

Last weekend was the best event that Warframe had in at least 6 months, maybe even a year.

A realy cool loking boss with high level to test a ample variety of Warframes and builds and a cool weapon as a reward, that is what arbitrations should be.

Please, do more of this, don't need to be a entire and original new boss every single time but a refresh of old bosses with challegin encounters and cool loking rewards.

3 minutes ago, G.L.O.R.ious said:

Last weekend was the best event that Warframe had in at least 6 months, maybe even a year.

A realy cool loking boss with high level to test a ample variety of Warframes and builds

Really? I didn't test any build at all. It was the same build as always. Just a Mesa. (Maybe a Valkyr)
Run in there, kill him in seconds and be done.

Since the Event-Wolf was affected by Warframe abilities, he was a piece of cake.
I'm not saying, that it was a bad event. It just wasn't a challenge or anything. It was just a simple enemy, just like a Butcher, with just a few more hitpoints.

I disagree, he is just a simple bullet sponge that is not challenging.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

We don't need more bullet sponges, sorry. No game needs bullet sponges. Bullet sponges are just plain lazy design, and I have faith DE can do better than that.

I agree and with no weak point makes it even worse.

11 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

We don't need more bullet sponges, sorry. No game needs bullet sponges. Bullet sponges are just plain lazy design, and I have faith DE can do better than that.

Wolf wasn't a bullet sponge if you don't want it, a mission with him as level 30 was a viable option but to me only the level 70 matters.

What's the point of put forma, mini/max your build just to face enemies with level 40 or below? To me is miss the whole point of Warframe.

Hell ya dude, Warframe is a horde shooter so more challenging creatures would definitely make the game so much more intense and fast paced like in the ❤️ Risk of Rain 2 ❤️

However, players would need more variety in the way the character equipment and stats are defined for tougher content that beyond the limitations of current game systems. In every MMO out there that isn't gear based, meaning that the character's strength isn't based on the equipment they wear like in WOW, DCUO, ELSWORD, TERA, etc..., the playable character either gets stronger through a S#&$ ton of buffs acquired through the level via items or upgrades, or through some kind of level up system.(ROR2, Killing Floor 2, Call of Duty Zombies, League of Legends, etc.)  

Right now Warframe is like one of those popular MMOs where the gear you bring with you defines your abilities in the levels. However there is a limit as to what a player's gear can handle which is why so many people dislike the Wolf Boss. But who knows what DE will do in the future, perhaps in 3-5 years they may try to increase the difficulty and dynamically balance it with buffs founds in the level and stuff.

Btw I kinda of get how you feel man, the game is pretty boring when you get to the top and some kind of dynamic difficulty adjustment (DDA) would totally make it repayable. 

It really depends on what the difficulty slider adjusts. If it's just enemy level, then I don't think it will have the outcome people want - we'll just tune our gear up to meet that enemy level, and plow them under the same way (or maybe marginally slower). 

If you could (in addition to level modification) add modifiers to the mission - weapon limitations, nightmare modifiers, things like "Waste Not Want Not" from the Division (where you lost remaining ammo if you reloaded before the gun was empty), more objectives (say, you have to protect EIGHT interception points, or hack 6 terminals without alarms, or whatever) - that might be a component that would make difficulty modification more interesting than just higher levels. 

I like fighting with the Wolf in melee range, his movements aren't too quick that you can't predict and react, so you can dodge his attacks. If I look at his as just something else kill, yes he's a bullet sponge. If I look at it as a challenge or something that I can mess with for my own amusement, then he's a fantastic addition to the game

I also can't call him that insanely powerful when a hysteria build valkyre can just run to him and drop him in 3-5 seconds.(yes this happened in a high level mission too, there is always a way to break things) Same valkyre also stated that on his finisher blows he deals 6 million damage+ red crits.(although he used slide attacks on the wolf, probably can't initiate a standing finisher on wolf, I never tried anyway)