Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things you canno explain but KNOW you experienced in WARFRAME

Greetings and good times to all.

I have been playing this game for some time and I have seens some interesting things happen every once in a while that when I told people about them, they say they have not seen it happen in their games.

For example, there have been some times in missions (mainly in the ild Exterminate missions with no enemies left) that I will be looking around and a door would open that I was nowhere near. If it happened once or twice, I would say it's my imagination....but it happens even in today's tilesets such as with Capture missions after the Spawns are turned off. I have asked others about this...and they never see it. Hmmmm....

What have you seen that you have tried to confirm with others yet, they have not or any other things that canno be explained?

I swear to the Lotus that I only get invaded by anything (targeting me specifically like Stalkers and Kill Squads) when I'm trying to Forma things.

Its like the game knows what I'm doing and just wants to spite me.

On the upside others tend to get invaded when I'm not leveling anything, and that tends to be hilarious, once killed an entire kill squad of Moas with one Serene Storm punch.

for me its always hearing the hyekka masters whistle old nursery rhymes like three blind mice

and having members of my clan saying im hearing things lol till oneday i recorded it and they all went nuts

Edited by Saravind
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

I still can't explain how enemies manage to spot what I think is a pixel, or a very small group of pixels, of me sticking out of cover and start shooting at me while I'm stealthing. Or sometimes not even that.

Its likely they run on a system more akin to the original Metal Gear Solid in terms of detection, where if anything is in the range that they consider "detected" it automatically alerts them.

More modern stealth games tend to be a bit more clear in how and when enemies detect you, even MGS1 had Soliton Radar to help players see it, here we have no visual feedback to how far the enemies can see so it can make things like this happen.

...and sometimes they just have x-ray vision and can see you in unbroken air ducts, speaking from personal experience with that one.

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Its likely they run on a system more akin to the original Metal Gear Solid in terms of detection, where if anything is in the range that they consider "detected" it automatically alerts them.

That's what I thought, but I had my own doubts because it seems a bit too simple.

Just now, Renegade343 said:

That's what I thought, but I had my own doubts because it seems a bit too simple.

Its part of the reason why stealth is mostly just invis frames here sadly, the only things that have 100% obvious detection tells are the Corpus cameras and the Grineer Patrol bots.

Some of the older Tilesets aren't helping with stealth either as they mostly hallways with singular points of entry and little to no stealth opportunities other than bullet jumping up high and running near the ceiling.

Sadly the best stealth in Warframe is just making it so there's nobody to notice you in the first place. 

A bugged Exalted Blade. It counted as not used, but when I was using quick melee attack, instead of drawing my melee weapon, I was attacking with EB, dealing the damage it was built for and creating energy waves. Because it counted as my normal weapon, I could still use it, even in ability nullification range.

1 hour ago, Saravind said:

for me its always hearing the hyekka masters whistle old nursery rhymes like three blind mice

and having members of my clan saying im hearing things lol till oneday i recorded it and they all went nuts

They also speak dialogue that sounds like something out of a 1950s movie... I can't make out what they say other than "attack!" to all their Kavats. Something like "oh boy" like he's worried and then something else and then "attack!" I can't make out most of what he says because its muffled English. This is not a Grineer talking!

The whistling also sounds like something from an old movie!

My thing is that one corpus/infested tile, you get it during ESO often with the catwalk and hanging moas.

So many times I’d jump down to the level by the hanging moas and baby corpus guys would appear in/out in the T / Cross default stance and bounce halfway in the floor and then disappear. 

Rap tap tap mutha forma.

• Like 1

ive had plenty of oddities happen in my years of playing

• random instant deaths with no one around 
  • my one nova prime able to player kill at will (yes ive had tickets  and posted threads on it) 
  • widow orb mother attacking me on valis after i was fishing on her head for a while (never could reproduce this action)
  • having my weapon stolen and be removed to a spot out of map 
  • randomly my builds not saving or things being moved into incorrect spots 
  • Like 1

Getting randomly one-shot by nothing.

My Helios somehow keeps racking up kill assists. The sentinel itself, mind you, not his weapon. That has plenty of kills and assists, as it should. But the sentinel itself somehow managed to get 7 kill assists so far despite having zero damage-dealing abilities.

Once upon a time I somehow did the old wall-running animation that had been removed ages ago. And no, I don't mean the current glitched wall latch. This was way before that, before DE even started talking about bringing the old animation back, and it was a proper wall run, correctly animated with the old animation. It only happened once completely by accident, I never managed to reproduce it, I have no proof that it happened, but I know what I saw, dammit!

Oh, and for some reason I keep running into doppelgangers of myself once in a while.

Edited by SordidDreams

One time on my speed Loki.. I was in solo mode I had finished a mobile defense,and rushing to extraction. It  was a corpus crashed tileset, a visual mess, but I witnessed what appeared to be a Tenno reviving like a Warframe after you die, with sound too. I ran right past it, turned around and there wasn't anything, no enemies, or something to explain what I saw. 

2 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

Gee, I wonder what a Ninja is?

Nothing more than a skilled theif. 

Typical martial art, trained to kill, but not supposed to use those skills unless necessary. 

But it's interesting to run into individuals who don't understand Excalibur isn't intended to be a legendary Sword. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

when the grineer foremen and stuff came out first mission i did they were in i swear to the void he waved at me (full on wave animation) as he walked past me not attacking to this day i have not been able to repeat it 

and to this day if i can i will avoid killing the grineer workers when they are not hostile to me 

also used to have a hey kiddo problem showed up constantly i put down a tea set you got from that promotional thing and he barely shows up now idk if that one counts but thats another weird one ive had

Hmm, one time I think on the Vallis extracting thermia, don't remember, but I used a Archgun deployer to use the Larkspur on foot, but I got the "archwing version" with monster long beam range and unlimited regenerating ammo, was rad, just absolutely vaporizing everything in sight. Told the squad about it too lol

AGES ago, there was a bug that would flip an entire map in reverse around an elevator if the elevator button was still usable as it was moving. This meant the floor and all the rooms on that floor that you begin on, you get into the elevator, press the button a couple times while it's moving but have it still end up in the direction it was originally going, you'd end up in your original location, but now on the opposite end of the elevator. I KNOW this happened to me once.

Europa corpus tileset, it was a capture void relic. Once we got the reactant and the capture target the whole squad rush to extraction. Extraction was that three platform with stairs attach to each one. Once I saw the three platform, I bullet jump into the air then use operator dash to the extraction point. BUT I over shot it causing my operator to fall out of bounds. Then the game spawn me at the very beginning of the mission like I just started it. WTF??