Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "change of plans" in missions.

Diavoros

Is there any possibility of DE to remove that extremely annoying "feature"? It serves no purpose during a mission other than prolong it's duration for no good reason, it can be even detrimental in fissure capture missions that get changed to extermination with a limited portion of enemies available compared to the quantity in the average capture mission that can result in squad members not being able to obtain all 10 reactants to open their relics. Less harmful but still annoying when doing capture missions to farm relics in the void, that can even double the goal duration of the mission in which most cases just aborting the mission when this "change of plans" happen, becomes a better option than deal with Lotus bipolarity.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ZERO_ghost90 said:

Is this a pc only feature? This never happens to me, and i have no life so i play warframe at least 5 hours a day

its a very rare thing to happen but sometimes the lotus will change of plans and the mission turns into pretty much a extermination mission with a leveled goal of those you need to make not alive then leave it can be beneficial or harmful depending on the context of you doing the mission in the first place it can happen on all platforms 

doing a annoying defense for a thing well now thats been sped up to a much easier to do objective rather then waiting
doing a spy mission and you get change of plans rotation A when you needed C that run kinda screwed itself and you either leave or do it 

personally i forget its a thing for how "annoying" op claims it to be it only really likes to turn its head at you when your doing capture missions and eventhen its like 1/40 1/50 for how little i see it occur 

• Like 1

Honestly, I think we need more of them

I may be in the minority that enjoys a change in plans here and there. Just wish it was not always a change to kill em all....give us a Rescue or Capture or Assassin Assassination that pops up. Give us the change from Warframe to Archwing that we have been waiting on for many a moon.

• Like 7

I actually really like this. Like, a lot. The unpredictability of the Lotus changing your mission objective fills me with joy and makes me feel like I'm actually an operative being sent for a mission, and not just some frame grinding for something.

As a matter of fact, if there were an option to toggle whether or not these objective changes appear, I wouldn't mind that. It would make the people who don't like it happy, and it would make me happy as well.

• Like 1

It used to have up to three and the extreme four change of plans for a little while. 

It was hectic and fun. But you didn't get rewarded as if you did 4 missions. So yeah, it was annoying. But it was fun to go into a sabotage, then turn into a rescue, get told to blow a reactor, then be told to save another target as the timer for reactor explosion is happening. 

Should have been rewarded appropriately back then, and now such things should be just left in nightmare only.

I just abort when that happens. Exterminate missions are always longer than me restarting the Capture mission. Why spend an extra minute killing all the enemies for the same reward as restarting and doing another Capture mission in ~35 seconds.

• Like 3

it would be cool if they made it similar to one of  the starting missions, where lotus pops on and says that you have the option of extracting or saving a bunch of colonists. maybe if you complete the exterminate change of plans submission then you get osme in world lore stuff, maybe a hit positive or negative to the operator karma system, or some other type of additional reward. i dont know. one of the possible rewards for capture missions at something like zero point something ungodly percent possible drop chance is a thing called an omni ammo box, which restores all ammo types. with the introduction of gravimag archwing deployer, it would be super awesome if they reworked the omni ammo box to reset that timer. i think it would be really cool if, seeing as how the change of plans submission is already so rare, it would reward you with one of those ammo boxes. just a thought.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

this has been a feature almost since the start of the game, so i don't think they're planning on getting rid of it

It used to be much more prevalent, and it could give you any objective, not just Exterminate. You could be in the middle of a Rescue mission only for Spy vaults to suddenly spawn (luckily it was the old Spy vaults that didn't have alarms)

So I have the opposite impression, I think they're very likely to remove it entirely

The only reason the mission mid-change scheme is bad is because it's ALWAYS exterminate.

ALWAYS.

like ALWAYS ALWAYS.

Captured  some dude? Better kill them all. Spy went bad? Kill em  all. etc etc. Variance is totally king here.

• Like 1

I'd rather that it be expanded upon instead of removed.

Give more reasons for the objective changing like the ship you're on suddenly being boarded/invaded by another faction or an previously unknown signal from a prisoner/sky vault being picked up.

Would also be less annoying to people who don't like the objective changing if they were optional and/or they grant a bonus reward. (but who am I kidding this community complains about everything)

2 hours ago, AshenHaze said:

The only reason the mission mid-change scheme is bad is because it's ALWAYS exterminate.

ALWAYS.

like ALWAYS ALWAYS.

Captured  some dude? Better kill them all. Spy went bad? Kill em  all. etc etc. Variance is totally king here.

Spy is guaranteed to become an Exterminate if you trip the alarm in all 3 vaults. Just get one vault perfect and you'll be fine.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)GAM3K1NG42 said:

How is it annoying when it happens so rarely, and in one mission type to boot. If you think it's annoying then stop playing that mission type.

I got one on Mobile Defense Mission... So... It's not just Capture...

But I do not care anyway. I would use Ember and use World on fire to kill every enemies in like 30 seconds. The only things bothering me is that the enemies in Capture-to-Extermination have limited number. If you leave one in the spawn/starting room you'll have to head back there to kill it just to make another set of enemies to spawn... Which is kind annoying...

3 hours ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Honestly, I think we need more of them

I may be in the minority that enjoys a change in plans here and there. Just wish it was not always a change to kill em all....give us a Rescue or Capture or Assassin Assassination that pops up. Give us the change from Warframe to Archwing that we have been waiting on for many a moon.

that would be cool but i dont think the level could load in tiles for any thing else. for example you couldnt suddenly do a rescue or a spy unless they did some work and changed how it works. a capture would be do able, not sure if any other mode would be.